Deleted

Resto Shaman, What am i doing wrong?

Hello Everyone.

Well lately i have noticed that it´s very very hard for me to keep my teammates alive in heroic dungeons, though i have 347 ilevel.
    Im doing something wrong i can feel that, but i dont really know what, players hp just drops more then i can heal.

Im normaly using spells as every shaman out there, I keep my ripitide up all the time on players and ill spam healing wave when they have 60 % > of their HP, im using healing surge when they are < 60 % and GHW When they are really gonna die etc..

This is my armory; not possible to link it, but if you wish to check it out, visit wow eu and the name of my shaman is Tríxxy ,Outland
    take a look and see if i may have some trouble with the stats or anything you may think i should change.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADxxy/simple

Created your armory link for you.

Ok after checking your armory, easy fixes are. . .
    9 unenchanted items
    1 empty socket in 1 item
    Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle.

Are you keeping earth shield up on tank, are you leaving it too late to cast GHW? IF they are gonna die soon healing surge is the one to save lives. GHW is ideal for sustained periods of damage, usually on the tank.

Are you keeping healing steam totem up? Its actually pretty OP for group healing.

Ok, upon even further inspection, you have no professions which isn't a gamebreaker but you are missing out on some extra stats.

Most of your gems are INT which is good, although the resilience ones are obviously not any use. Its quite hard to gem/reforge a resto shammy badly due to all healer stats being good (as long as they are only healer stats and not dps stats obv) so no real problems there.

I might also suggest trying to pick up some INT trinkets, they make a big difference.

3rd Edit: You actually only have 342 iLvL equipped that is also inflated by a 371 PvP chest which although it brings a good amount of INT + SPI doesnt bring anything else (especially since it is gemmed for PVP) If you have no other choice then at least stick + int gems in it and enchant it.

Oh and go do Firelands dailys for a nice 365 neck and Thrall quest for a cloak, both will be big upgrades and it will take you about an hour total since the neck vendor is open on the first day.
    Last edited by wookybear; 2011-10-16 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Added more info
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Deleted
    Thank you, i wasn´t able to link a link, since i was a new member.

15+ Year Old Account
    1- Don't use HS. It's a PvP tool most of the time.
    2- I can only assume you are using less CC than you should be. Your gear isn't good enough to handle a CC-less run, specially if the tank is not geared.
    3- Get int trinkets.
    4- Fix your gems/enchants.
    5- If you can afford the mana keep up HST instead of MST.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2011-10-16 at 10:13 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    What should i use instead of HS?

Deleted
    Greater Healing Wave, it's a lot more powerful. Sorry for the lackluster information but that's how it is. Only use HS if the person is going to die too quickly for the cast of GHW.

Deleted
    You should not use Healing Surge too much, while it has it's uses, you're much better off with a Tidal Wave+GHW. I would suppose that your gear is okay for heroics, but with people getting more and more comfortable with the heroics, they are also more inclined to rush and get careless more often and that puts a good deal of pressure on the healer. In my opinion you just need to improve your gear a bit and you still need a few enchants and sockets.

edit: Tidal Wave+GHW is almost as fast as a healing surge.

BTW you are honored with Therazane and Revered with HYjal, so no excuse to not have some head/shoulder chants there.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised several people are saying not to use HS. I find HS is extremely useful in some situations. Sure it kills your mana quick, so only use it in clutch situations, but it DOES have its use in PvE. If someone is going down really fast I am more likely to use an HS or two until their health stops dropping as fast.

Also SLT is an amazing raid/group saving CD. I've saved more groups with that than I have by spam healing when everyone is taking a lot of damage (since SLT came out).

And yes, like everyone else has said: ENCHANT YOUR GEAR! No excuse at all not to. No matter how casual you are. It helps A LOT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    I'm surprised several people are saying not to use HS. I find HS is extremely useful in some situations. Sure it kills your mana quick, so only use it in clutch situations, but it DOES have its use in PvE. If someone is going down really fast I am more likely to use an HS or two until their health stops dropping as fast.

Also SLT is an amazing raid/group saving CD. I've saved more groups with that than I have by spam healing when everyone is taking a lot of damage (since SLT came out).

And yes, like everyone else has said: ENCHANT YOUR GEAR! No excuse at all not to. No matter how casual you are. It helps A LOT.
    On my shammy GHW takes 0.3 second longer than HS and heals as much as HS crit without critting. Those situations in which you can't afford that 0.3 second may happen but they are not that frequent.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2011-10-16 at 10:28 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    On my shammy GHW takes 0.3 second longer than HS and heals as much as HS crit without critting. Those situations in which you can't afford that 0.3 second may happen but they are not that frequent.
    I agree, and especially with mastery it becomes alot more potent than a HS. Sure you can hope for a crit on HS, but a TW+GHW is alot more surefire way to get up a low target.

Looking at your gear, you really need to get your enchants sorted. Dont use "I plan to upgrade" as an excuse. Even a cheapo one is better than none. Get the shoulder and head rep ones if you can too. Int where possible, but where its not, spirit, mastery, haste and crit are ALL useful for a resto shaman, so go with what you can afford if gold is an issue. As said, do the 4.2 quests to get a nice neck and cloak. When enchanting your weapon, heartsong is the "healer" chant, but if you think you have enough regen go with something int or sp based.

Also look at your group and see what you can do to get them to take less damage. There is a fair bit of avoidable damage now, wether it be from interrupting casts or cc-ing. If you are struggling dont be afraid to ask the tank to mark stuff for cc. Some people are still stuck in the wrath mindset of "do what I want because the healer can heal through most things", which isnt quite how it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Deleted
    My suggestions..
    Use HS only with tidal waves.. cuz it has a big chance to crit.. which would make the HS do decent amount of healing.. aswell as give you some mana back cuz of criting.
    Mainly though.. spam healing wave and greater healing wave ..

Quote Originally Posted by Trixxy View Post
    Im normaly using spells as every shaman out there, I keep my ripitide up all the time on players and ill spam healing wave when they have 60 % > of their HP, im using healing surge when they are < 60 % and GHW When they are really gonna die etc..
    You got that backwards.
    GHW all the way if HW will not suffice.
    surge only if you don't have tidal buff up and need a heal FAST.

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    My suggestions..
    Use HS only with tidal waves.. cuz it has a big chance to crit.. which would make the HS do decent amount of healing.. aswell as give you some mana back cuz of criting.
    Mainly though.. spam healing wave and greater healing wave ..
    With buff up GHW is still better.