Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    There are a lot of sad moments in Majoras Mask.

The other Zeldas don't even compare at all, but MM definitely stands out in "emotional involvement". The setting is already depressing in that apocalypse is bearing down upon Termina. And it's not like any random dicks that perish, there's actual depth to most characters surprisingly enough.
    Thats actually the only Zelda i havn't played (console Zelda) so i guess il take your word for it. I admit i have heard alot that the whole game is darker and has a much bleaker tone. Maybe il try it someday.

That said, emotion in Zelda games will never reach the depth of the Final Fantasies. And thats not a bad thing - im a fan of both series (Skyward sword looks crap... but so does the next Final Fantasy). Its jut the type of game they are.

Oh. For sad scenes, in Dark Chronicle, Gaspards life story is pretty sad.

That entire game was pretty 'hmmm' though. It improved on everything that made Dark Cloud bad or annoying, but while it learnt from the mistakes of the past, it showed impressive propensity to make new ones, and the story was quite frankly a joke after a certain point. (I mean how do you take the villian seriously when he's a bunny rabbit. I mean seriously. A RABBIT? In Dark Cloud it was actually funny to see that the fat genie we thought looked so ridiculous was actually nothing of the sort, and then to discover the true genie... so i was pretty dissapointed that they did that again. And then even more dissapointed when they didn't do it. And he really was a rodent this time.)
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I cried when Skull Kid did, and when he asked the giants if they still thought of him as a friend, I don't know why, first game I've ever cried at. Q_Q

That said, emotion in Zelda games will never reach the depth of the Final Fantasies. And thats not a bad thing - im a fan of both series (Skyward sword looks crap... but so does the next Final Fantasy). Its jut the type of game they are.
    Yes, I feel so bad for emo character number 2001, not. >.> Also, Skyward Sword looks amazing, if you're judging by graphics I feel sorry for you.

The scene in FF6 after the world changes and Celes wakes from a coma on a solitary Island being cared for by Cid. She then takes care of Cid, but he Dies.... /sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Thats actually the only Zelda i havn't played (console Zelda) so i guess il take your word for it. I admit i have heard alot that the whole game is darker and has a much bleaker tone. Maybe il try it someday.

Oh. For sad scenes, in Dark Chronicle, Gaspards life story is pretty sad.

That entire game was pretty 'hmmm' though. It improved on everything that made Dark Cloud bad or annoying, but while it learnt from the mistakes of the past, it showed impressive propensity to make new ones, and the story was quite frankly a joke after a certain point. (I mean how do you take the villian seriously when he's a bunny rabbit. I mean seriously. A RABBIT? In Dark Cloud it was actually funny to see that the fat genie we thought looked so ridiculous was actually nothing of the sort, and then to discover the true genie... so i was pretty dissapointed that they did that again. And then even more dissapointed when they didn't do it. And he really was a rodent this time.)
    I suggest you play it then. It's my favorite due to the fact that it actually had emotion and characterization in it through many of the side quest characters. It also isn't as generic as all the other Zelda games. As for skyward sword I don't understand how that game looks like crap to you, it looks sooo refreshing to the Zelda series and the scale and art of the game looks wonderful imo.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

I've only played FF:Tactics Advanced and Crystal Chronicles. Neither did I feel very involved in. I watched AC too and couldn't care for it, maybe I'd have to play FF7 to understand it. I'm not going to derail into a discussion about Zelda vs FF because I do know that FF and Playstation games in general have very strong storylines and each game has their strengths.

But that's just plain wrong on Skyward Sword. I hope you don't watch G4TV as a source for game reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Gears of war 3 has this hands down, those that have played it will know what im sayin, for those that havent..im not gonna ruin it, play it!
    Came in here to say this, or the scene in Gears 2

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torticoli View Post
    Shadow of the Colossus.
    You know he comes back? Right?

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 04:00 PM ----------

I dont know, trying to get a husband and wife back together before the moon falls was pretty emotional.
    Waiting with her untill the last possible minute when he shows up. Then returning to the first day knowing they were both going to die in each others arms

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    As for skyward sword I don't understand how that game looks like crap to you, it looks sooo refreshing to the Zelda series and the scale and art of the game looks wonderful imo.
    The graphics are not an issue to me - have never had a problem with graphics in any Zelda game. I hated Wind Waker, but its graphics was one of its few redeeming features to me - it was a refreshing change, quite fun, was used well and allowed much more expression from link (which was really used for comedy, but that works too). I dislike the look fo Skyward Sword because some of the items look too gimmicky (also a problem with Twilight Princess. Some good stuff, but a bit too gimmicky, as i said. It felt like they were cramming in random items as an excuse to add more dungeons. Now i'm all for more dungeons, but theres better ways to justify them then adding in some wacky gadget thats only of use in that particular dungeon and maybe just one or two other instances...) In addition, i'm not a fan of the wii remote, and i understand that you won't be able to play without using it?

But Majoras Mask sounds interesting. I'l definately give it a shot. Is there a non-buggy version for gamecube or am i going to have to dig out my old N64?

I dislike the direction many new games are going these days. This is an interesting article on the topic - http://www.cracked.com/article_16196...ould-obey.html

Check it out. Hilarious site too - can talk about serious stuff in an amusing way. Also, not every point is applicable to every situation, but still.

Also. Sorry for derailing the thread so much :S

Another sad moment then. Portal when you kill your companion cube... :'(

Also, another FFX scene alot of people seem to forget. In FFX, everyone talks about the last scene of the game, but i'm remembering quite vividly the scene right near the end around the final boss fight (Braska's Aeon) with Tidus and his father. You really had to feel sorry for Tidus there...
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post

Although I haven't played G3 yet,
    This and Benjamin Carmine's death scene because he was so awesome , but it's still an amazing game. There is also a few scenes in GoW3 that made me quite sad, but Im not going to spoil anything.

The graphics are not an issue to me - have never had a problem with graphics in any Zelda game. I hated Wind Waker, but its graphics was one of its few redeeming features to me - it was a refreshing change, quite fun, was used well and allowed much more expression from link (which was really used for comedy, but that works too). I dislike the look fo Skyward Sword because some of the items look too gimmicky (also a problem with Twilight Princess. Some good stuff, but a bit too gimmicky, as i said. It felt like they were cramming in random items as an excuse to add more dungeons. Now i'm all for more dungeons, but theres better ways to justify them then adding in some wacky gadget thats only of use in that particular dungeon and maybe just one or two other instances...) In addition, i'm not a fan of the wii remote, and i understand that you won't be able to play without using it?
    Uhm, that's how Zelda has been, forever.

Not to me. I understand that the definition of 'gimmicky' is up to interpretation, but say, Ocarina of Time had no items like this - or very few. Every item seemed to serve a purpose and felt useful. This is one thing Wind Waker didn't do badly either - almost every item was useful (the grappling hook got more or less replaced by the hookshot but hey. Grappling hook was first dungeon, hookshot was last. WWs faults were different).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    YOU FOOL, your not suppose to help him pay for the wedding duh... its better when ur gf dies!

How come nobody posted this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    YOU FOOL, your not suppose to help him pay for the wedding duh... its better when ur gf dies!
    This, though there is something about gta4 that makes me not care that much. I think it's because they completely fail to use music or sound effects in these scenes

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    Wat? Thats not the decision that kills him.

Its whether or not you kill the guy from your past.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even see what's that sad about that Mass Effect video. It feels like people put in Mass Effect videos just for the sake of it being there

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Post #8 until someone mention the death of Aeris, that's surprising. (the scene is crap, but fanboys are who they are.)

I vote on the end of SH2 too.
    What's really sad is that you can't accept that some people are not fanboys and happen to just have liked the game and scenes within it.

I'm far from a FF7 fanboy but I'll tell you what, that seen was pretty surprising, angering and sad all wrapped into one. If you don't think so then that's your opinion but it doesn't mean that everyone who does think so are mindless fanboys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I don't even see what's that sad about that Mass Effect video. It feels like people put in Mass Effect videos just for the sake of it being there
    I agree. I do love me some Mass Effect but I don't see how "the bad ending" is sad. If you intentionally tried really hard to get your crew to die and mistrust you, I seriously doubt you were sad that it happened. Now, if I was forced into that ending that would be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Homeworld, Return to Kharak

10+ Year Old Account
    Every flashback in Lost Oddessey