10+ Year Old Account

Laptop reaching high temperatures EXTREMELY fast.

Hey everyone.

I've had this problem for a little while, which caused the computer to overheat twice (at least I think that's what happened): I use CPUID Hardware Monitor and according to it, the temperatures in laptop get very high very quickly!

Right now I am only using Firefox (and the temperature reading program) and temps are areaching around 50-60 celcius on the CPU (the other temperatures are somewhat stable, it's only the CPU that wavers crazily). When I turn on WoW, they peak to around 70-80 within SECONDS.

The laptop is well ventilated and there don't seem to be any problems besides what I mentioned.

This is causing me to be very wary of playing WoW (or any other game, for that matter) since I don't want it to overheat and die.

Help?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A. What laptop is it?
    B. If you ask some of us, no laptop is "well ventilated." That's just how it is.
    C. Is your laptop even a "gaming" laptop? >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an Asus N37J.

I have no idea whether or not it's an "gaming laptop", but my old laptop was a crappy laptop and I played WoW on it for hours on end without problems, so I also expect a (much better, hardware wise) laptop to stand 2-3 hours of WoW without having a stroke?

I meant well ventilated because it's on a "pseudo" cooling pad. A home made one, but still.

It's normal. Laptops are meant to run at stupidly high temperatures while playing games on them.
    Sadly it also causes overheating problems hundred times more often than on desktop computers.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Overheating is a big problem for Laptops in general - I suggest you take a look at Laptop coolers, they are very effective if you are going to game for good periods of time.

You have external coolers from ENERMAX who will do the job.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Normally I would say those temperatures are odd for an Asus, been gaming on my M51 for going on 4 or 5 years here pretty quick. However the 2010/2011 Asus N37 series are notoriously warmer than the other variants. I have had several customers end up returning their laptop due to its temperatures. You have the options of purchasing an external cooling option or exchanging the laptop for a different model.