Minecraft - Stormwind - Part 2 - Old Town

A while ago I posted Part 1 of the project (Trade District) , here is a vid of Part 2 - Old Town. Do keep in mind that the mountains surrounding old town (and partly trade) are not yet done and the layout of those will be finished when Stormwind is complete.

Again we are calling upon anyone who would want to help out to step forward! Last round we had a few people interested but only one really went as far as "showing up", he made one building never to be seen again claiming it took way longer then he thought it would to make something..

Here is the vid (you can go to part 1 by clicking in the bottom right corner):

Youtube Description:
    Code:
    Attempting to recreate Stormwind in Minecraft as faithfully as MC allows. This is part 2 - Old Town.

All accessible houses in World of Warcraft have their interior reproduced. All houses that are not accessible in World of Warcraft but do have an entrance (sealed) in the game are accessible in Minecraft as user homes for people on the server.

Care has been taking on scale, reproduction of the wall exterior, decorations and lots more that might not be noticeable by just watching this video.

If you want to get involved in this project we could use an extra helping hand. Only apply if you are serious and able to contribute on the same level of detail as shown on this video. Contact us at admin@mediansoft.net.

The video does show some artifacts and lightning issues. However this is just a work in progress. When the Stormwind project is complete a quality version will be posted covering whole SW.

Thanks for watching!

Deleted
    Ha ha amazing =p

Moved to the Minecraft forum. Looks really amazing though, very nice!

nicely done ;-)

what texture pack do you use, water looks excellent !?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediansoft View Post

Again we are calling upon anyone who would want to help out to step forward! Last round we had a few people interested but only one really went as far as "showing up", he made one building never to be seen again claiming it took way longer then he thought it would to make something..
    Heh, That one person was me, and I don't recall claiming it took too long... i just lost interest in it. The game itself is getting boring for me.

These guys are really nice guys, and there doing a good job, it takes them a long time to build with just 2 people... I personally tried out, but i felt i would do more harm then good to their work, thus after my trial I guess I can say what he said... but I didn't mean it in a bad way.

That's awesome! Check out this thread. We are doing something similar.

Is there any chance you could share your save for us to figure out scale?

That is epic in every sense of the word. Nice work!

Deleted
    very good mate!

It's a good base but it lacks detail, maybe its the texture pack.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    nicely done ;-)
    what texture pack do you use, water looks excellent !?
    Modified Soartex 64. The water is a beta shader client modification, not from the texture pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn View Post
    Heh, That one person was me, and I don't recall claiming it took too long... i just lost interest in it. The game itself is getting boring for me.

These guys are really nice guys, and there doing a good job, it takes them a long time to build with just 2 people... I personally tried out, but i felt i would do more harm than good to their work, thus after my trial I guess I can say what he said... but I didn't mean it in a bad way.
    It's okay don't worry Like I said at least you showed up and in the end it was a positive at any rate as we now are using world editing functions to greater effect! (wooden axe ftw eh )

Quote Originally Posted by Beret View Post
    It's a good base but it lacks detail, maybe its the texture pack.
    There are some textures who are "not done" yet. For example the floor deco's on the Valley Of Kings part are "placeholders" as well as the floor in Old Town which currently uses the Trade District one as we don't have an Old Town ground texture yet. Also the roof texture for Old Town in it"s current state is to "redish" and will be tuned down. However we first want to have Stormwind structurally covered and then we'll go over it again and tune wherever and whatever is required.

If it's any structural details you are talking about, feel free to pm and I'll give you the server details, if you can enhance buildings (and keep the current scale) then you are more than welcome to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    That's awesome! Check out this thread. We are doing something similar.

Is there any chance you could share your save for us to figure out scale?
    I'll be checking this out later tonight. I glimpsed it real quick before work this morning and got the idea you guys are trying to replicate the dungeons? If so I am interested in your work and maybe we can compare scale and usability cross reference. We were planning on including Stockades in the Stormwind layout so would be nice to see how you guys are tackling them..

----------------

To all those that expressed words of appreciation, thanks! It's a lot more work than it looks and the vids do definitely not capture it all so your comments are well received.

No no, dungeons are just the start! We're going Azeroth! Marlamin is currently mapping the world to a 2D plane in MC for a blueprint, theres a couple of screenies in the thread, it's going to look aaawesome!

Deleted
    That's pretty sweet.

Very nice

Deleted
    Absolutely stunning, very well done with the attention to detail (As far as Minecraft allows anyway)