Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Also, what's the problem with a year long achievement? Holiday meta of metas requires a year and it's perfectly fine. Collecting Children's week pets requires THREE years of playing, and there is still no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    So...these players will get it in the next expansion. This is a problem? These are called "Achievements" for the simple reason they are not easy to complete for varying degrees, including playing the game for a long time. Many players like to have or see rewards for their commitment and long term effort in the game. Achievements like this reward those players. You cannot have everything you want today.
    Yeah in next expansion those players will have 50K and then have no way to ever get to 100K, that's the problem. Feat of Strength is stuff that can't be obtained, just like this will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrana View Post
    Will this achievement go Feat of Strength, and why isn't it yet? 50,000 Valor Points takes about 1 year if you manage to cap every single week. Players starting this achievement now has no way to earn 50,000 points before the next expansion, assuming they make it 100,000 in the next expansion, it's gonna be impossible to keep up unless you capped yourself since the start of Cataclysm. Even players who capped since the first week until now, which is probably only the top of the top, don't even have this achievement yet.
    52 weeks in a year so... 980 x 52 = 50960 Valor, so yeah, some people are already damn near 50K valor. This will not be a FoS, because they have no plans to take the system out, which is why it takes so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Also, what's the problem with a year long achievement? Holiday meta of metas requires a year and it's perfectly fine. Collecting Children's week pets requires THREE years of playing, and there is still no problem.
    You can't even compare Children's Week to this. For Children's Week you need to play 1 day every year to get your achievement, for a total of 3 days. For Valor Points you need to play at least 1 day a week for a year, at least 52 days, please don't compare those as they're not near similar

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    52 weeks in a year so... 980 x 52 = 50960 Valor, so yeah, some people are already damn near 50K valor. This will not be a FoS, because they have no plans to take the system out, which is why it takes so long.
    You could earn 1250 up to about a few months ago couldnt you ??

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    You could earn 1250 up to about a few months ago couldnt you ??
    Yes you could, now it's down to 980, making it even more difficult (and unfair, flame all you want), for those starting the grind now instead of back then. Blizzard has changed the cap a few times, from what I remember there was not even a cap for the first for weeks, but not changed the achievement requirements accordingly.

I don't know why they'd implement a new currency if this current valor/conq -> justice/honor system is working great now.

They did it to reduce the clutter of currencies, so they wouldn't go backwards and add something new in the next expansion.

People who play longer are rewarded with a (possible) FoS. I don't see the unfairness in this.

But since this reward system is pretty solid, I don't think they won't change it in the next expansion. You also want to start about how unfair "2500 Dungeon & Raid Emblems", "WoW's 4th, 5th, 6th Anniversary" is?

And if I remember correctly, they are changing the cap to 1000 in 4.3.

This may come as a rude shock to you but I don't think achievements are intended for every player to be able to do overnight.

Yeah in next expansion those players will have 50K and then have no way to ever get to 100K, that's the problem. Feat of Strength is stuff that can't be obtained, just like this will be.
    One more time for the slow readers: Valour Points will stay forever. When you kill Ragnaros, you get VPs. When you kill Deathwing, you'll get VPs. When you kill the end boss of Tier 23 at level 100, you will get VPs for it. This isn't a matter for speculation; we already have evidence that the points system can persist between expansions, as when Cata was launched all Emblems from past raiding tiers were converted into Justice Points - just as VPs convert to JPs on the launch of each new tier.

Zehroh: If 50K is made a FoS it's perfectly fine, 2500 Dungeon Emblems is also FoS because you can't obtain it. Obviously I don't think that's unfair, I'm not saying that.

Dorfie: I'm not saying it's meant to be that way, I don't want that, I like it the way it is with a weekly cap except that later staring players will not be able to catch up. I'm sure you can't mention a single other achievement that is the same way as this.

Deleted
    The point of feat of strenght is that it turns unachievable. As long as you gain valor points from something, the cap doesnt mean its unachievable.
    250k honorable kills achievement takes far more time to achieve. In next expansion there might be a 400k achievement, should that be a feat of strenght aswell, as it can be considered pretty much unachievable for people who start the next expansion with 0 honorable kills?
    Last edited by mmocb8750d8f95; 2011-10-16 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiab View Post
    The point of feat of strenght is that it turns unachievable. As long as you gain valor points from something, the cap doesnt mean its unachievable.
    250k honorable kills achievement takes far more time to achieve. In next expansion there might be a 400k achievement, should that be a feat of strenght aswell, as it can be considered pretty much unachievable for people who start the next expansion with 0 honorable kills?
    No, because no matter how hard it is to get 400K HK's it's still possible, unlike getting 100K Valor Points in 1 year @ 1000 Points a week

I've had 50k Conquest + Valor points already =)

Getting 250k HK's though, seems just unreal.

WHY would they be unable to get 100k? The drops will increase, the achievements will become easier.

---------- Post added 2011-10-16 at 07:35 PM ----------

You can't even compare Children's Week to this. For Children's Week you need to play 1 day every year to get your achievement, for a total of 3 days. For Valor Points you need to play at least 1 day a week for a year, at least 52 days, please don't compare those as they're not near similar
    Nope, they are perfectly similar. You need to keep playing wow for years to get them.

WHY would they be unable to get 100k? The drops will increase, the achievements will become easier.
    Let's assume you have a new level 85. You start capping this week, let's assume the new expansion is out in march. That's about 5 months from now. You cap every week and manage to get 20K points (assuming about 20 weeks @ 1K cap). Expansion comes out with a 100K achievement. You cap every week for a year and now you got 72/100K, new expansion comes out with a 150K achievement, you cap every week for a year and get 124K.

See the pattern?

Let's assume you have a new level 85. You start capping this week, let's assume the new expansion is out in march. That's about 5 months from now. You cap every week and manage to get 20K points (assuming about 20 weeks @ 1K cap). Expansion comes out with a 100K achievement. You cap every week for a year and now you got 72/100K, new expansion comes out with a 150K achievement, you cap every week for a year and get 124K.

See the pattern?
    Yeah, I see the pattern of your failure.
    Cap will not stay at 1000 per week at level 90, it will grow. It will grow IMMENSELY.
    The pattern of Justice points is 10 for TBC raid, 24 for WOTLK raid, 70 for Cata raid. The rate of growth is ~2.5 per xpac. Valor has to have same rate of growth.

Not to mention that an XPack per year is extremely optimistic of you. For one and a half year, he would be at 98 for the 6.0 (with 1050 cap, he could just get it right there) and for 7.0 (150k ach) - at 176.
    You fail at even your distorted image of the future.
    Last edited by Weerra; 2011-10-16 at 04:48 PM.

Yeah, I see the pattern of your failure.
    Cap will not stay at 1000 per week at level 90, it will grow. It will grow IMMENSELY.
    The pattern of Justice points is 10 for TBC raid, 24 for WOTLK raid, 70 for Cata raid. The rate of growth is ~2.5 per xpac. Valor has to have same rate of growth.
    Blizzard never used Justice or Valor Points until pre-cata, 4.0.1 if I remember correctly, so saying it was 10 in TBC is wrong. What makes you think Blizzard will rise the amount you get instead of just lowering the amount needed for level 85 items when they're outdated? Earning 2200 points for your chest at 140 points a heroic or 6600 points at 420 points a heroic is the same, except larger numbers, which seems pointless to me. Point it out if you can please

Quote Originally Posted by Jiab View Post

You can still get raven lord, swift white hawkstrider and other mounts and still get get FoS achievements.
    So they all dont turn "unachievable".
    Last edited by Guuggel; 2011-10-16 at 04:56 PM.