Shamelessly stolen from the Warlock and Warrior forum. Thanks to Gherkin of the Warlock forum for the idea, and to Mest from the Warrior forum for the extra juicy text. Hugs to all of you.
Purpose of this thread:
- To assist people who have made a considered effort into their damage yet are struggling to meet their expected numbers. If you have exhausted other avenues and don't know what to do for further improvement this is the thread for you.
- To allow experienced players to share their oozing nuggets of wisdom with those eager to learn. Everyone who has a solution to share is welcome to contribute.
- To discuss alternate approaches to ability usage or gearing, just make sure you have good sources of information before making claims.
-Most people have the same problems. Chances are you aren't casting Kill Command, Glaive Toss, Explpsive shot, etc. on CD. To check this all you have to do is divide the total fight time by the total amount of hits and crits. So if you have 10 glaive tosses in a 150 second fight that would look like 150 / 10 = 15. The only exception is ES where you need to subtract your LnL procs from the total. The way you do it is ((hits + crits) - (Lock N Load procs x 2)). Try to look at this before posting to better help yourself.
- Make sure you've read the Icy-Veins Guides (Beast Mastery , Marksmanship , Survival) and understand the basics of preparing your spec. This thread isn't for teaching you how to gem, glyph, enchant correctly or of the basics of stat priority and rotation usage.
What to Post:
- Your spec, general gear level and expectations in raids. Don't have people trawl armorys and parses for these details when they can be given up front.
- Your problem in as much detail as is possible. Is it specific to an individual boss? in particular phases or situations? (AoE, Careful Aim, Kill Shot Phase, movement, etc.) or just a general patchwerk style low dps problem? The more detail you can give the more helpful answers we can provide.
- Any resources you have which can detail the problem are useful. World of Logs parses and armory links are especially helpful.
Please post this template at the top of your post, and fill in the details you have. Make sure you post behind the [/B] tags.
HTML Code:[B]Spec[/B] [B]Item Level[/B] [B]Expectations:[/B] [B]Armory Link:[/B] [B]Worldoflogs Link:[/B] [B]Femaledwarf Link:[/B]
What Not to Post:
- A question thats blatantly answered in your specs stickied guide.
- Stealth bragging damage logs.
- "How to reforge" questions. Use Femaledwarf instead, or the appropriate stickies found in this forum.
- "Is Gear A > Gear B?" queries those are best simulated using Femaledwarf on your own character to find a personal solution. Situational gearing such as trinkets for specific bosses or the merits of tier bonuses are fine to ask.
Simple guide to using Femaledwarf
- Click the "Armory Import" button and enter your Character name and realm. Make sure you choose "Secondary talents" if your second spec is the one you wish to sim.
- Go to the Buffs/Debuffs section and add the buffs and debuffs that were/are present in your raid situation.
- Go to "Shot Priority" and input whatever suits you best.
- Go to "Settings" and input whatever suits your situation such as fight length, your latency, etc.
- Click the "Update DPS" button and wait for it to calculate. After that you will see the DPS it calculated for you.
- Optional: Click the "Save Settings" button and login/create an account. Then save your settings with any name. After that you can click the "Load Settings" button, and your saved settings will pop up. There is an "Options" collumn, where you can see a Trash can and a little symbol. If you click that symbol a box popups, with an URL to your setting. You can then copy this link and post it in this thread together with the rest of your post.
You can read about the recommended Femaledwarf settings for Marksmanship in the Elitistjerks guide here. The same settings would work for BM / Survival as well as long as you edit the "Shot Priority" tab.
Item Level 382
Expectations: Above 32k on Baleroc
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zrialol/simple
Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1ns3r7l06h3r3
Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=1337
Hey, I'm having some issues with my DPS. I've seen people with my gear do at least 32k on Baleroc, but I'm only managing 29k. Whats wrong? I've included some recent logs so you can see my performance etc. Thanks!
Note: I'll make this thread look prettier later, but for now it should serve its purpose.
If you see some flaws with this post feel free to PM me about it!
Mod Edit: Edited the OP to better accommodate for patch 5.3.