Quote Originally Posted by adma View Post
    ok i went to the training dummy in hunters hall i did 1.20m over 4 mins
    That's more decent. It's not horrible, so as long as you stay alive you shouldn't be gray parsing.

Now based on your talents and legendaries (Qa'pla / AoTB) you really need a lot more crit. Also less versatility. Your bloodthirsty instinct is pretty low item level. You would probably do better with a relinquished crit statstick. I'm also not a fan of that versatility ring. Maybe try using Sephuz (it gives more crit and haste, which you need).

I'm not entirely sure why you have so few casts overall. Your best pull is Sisters, but you only threw 62 kill commands and 140 dire beasts in 7 minutes, when I do about 90 kill commands and 180 dire beasts in the same time. The log shows some sections of time where you don't cast Kill Command for mor than 20 seconds. The resources show that you're overcapping focus, so it's getting wasted. You should try to keep your focus below 60 at all times if possible. You can let your focus bar fill a bit more maybe 3 seconds before you activate Bestial Wrath but that's the only reason. Are you not hitting abilities while dodging glaives or something? You don't even need to be in line of sight to use Kill Command. And BM has full mobility so you can't stop attacking for anything.

The only thing I'm sure you're using wrong is Titan's Thunder. The effect of Titan's Thunder on Dire Beasts takes into account the Tier 19 2-piece 50% damage bonus during Bestial Wrath, so you waste a big portion of its damage if you don't line them up perfectly. You need to cast Dire Beast first (preferrably two of them), then Titan's Thunder, and NEVER use Titan's Thunder outside of Bestial Wrath. However, doing this correctly will only raise your dps by about 2%, so it's not something that makes or breaks your entire dps.

ok thank you

Deleted
    Hi guys,

I've been afk for a year or so, but haven't really paid much attention to wow in a few years (RL stuff) and i've just managed to pretty much wipe my guild run on KJ. Feel like rubbish for it! :/

So, I need some help. My DPS is rubbish and so is my knowledge of the bosses / raids / everything else. The knowledge of raids i can work on. But i need help with my char. Talents, spec, shot rotations, maximising dps, pots, enchants i think im ok with, there's only like 4 now (i think) and anything else you think il need to look at. ??

I've looked at and tried loads of different talent specs, my max dps was 1.25m on a world boss thing, but it averages at around 500-700k, which isn't good. 927 ilvl.

I'd like to stay MM and focus my char on raiding. I don't want to be spoon fed, but there's not much info (that i can find) for hunters returning to wow after missing so much content.

Any advice or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dragonfyr
    - EU - Kazzak - Horde -

P.s. I've said to my guild to give me 1 week to catch up, not to be amazing, but at least be better. I want to do this.

Deleted

Horochii

Hi all,

Spec
    Beast Mastery

Item Level
    928 - 930 depending on fight.

Expectations:
    75-80% ranking of my spec and ilvl. I don't have decent t19 pieces so i'm using only t20 pieces. I'm more interested in what i'm doing wrong. Thanks.

Armory Link:
    worldofwarcraft.com/fr-fr/character/la-croisade-ecarlate/horochii

Warcraftlogs Link:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/tnHF6gV4pAzL2Z7c#boss=-2&difficulty=0

- - - Updated - - -

Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 958
    Expectations: 1.8 - 1.9 mill patchwork
    Armory Link:
    worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/blackrock/novakaine
    Warcraftlogs Link:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/6Kj3LtJqchTnxQAX#fight=last

Posted my most recent log from heroic Garothi, which is a pretty straight forward patchwork fight. I feel like my dps is far too low for my gear lvl. I am also very low on AoE fights, but would rather focus on single target output right now. I am relatively new to the Hunter class in general, and only started playing Marks this tier.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

@ Novakaine
    You seem to have way to much downtime during the fight. So you did not cast anything for 20%+ of the fight, probably due to movement.
    Try to minimize this and plan ahead so you can cast arcane during movement.

Check your preformance with wowanalyzer.com

You also did not pre-pot and pot during the fight.

The 4 piece T21 is also doing nothing for you on single target fights, so you might want to switch to higher item lever gear (if you have it) on those fights.

Ishan: I am aware of the pre-pot/pot negligence....I know that will make a little difference but not much. As far as the 4-piece goes, that was a recent change. I equipped it last night to run some sims and it was simming a little higher than 2-piece + off pieces, so I just left it that way. For the parse that I linked, I believe I was wearing T20 4 piece and T21 2 piece.

So it sounds like I need to focus more on casting up-time (I think part of this is probably interrupted casts when I needed to move to avoid raid mechanics). I hope this will come with more experience playing the class.....

Quote Originally Posted by Novakaine View Post
    So it sounds like I need to focus more on casting up-time (I think part of this is probably interrupted casts when I needed to move to avoid raid mechanics). I hope this will come with more experience playing the class.....
    Yes, the biggest problem you have is the down time. 20% of the fight is a lot. If you had only used arcane shot during that time your DPS would have gone up about ~70k. Getting in some more aimed shots, would obviously improve it much more.

There really is no reason to have much down time on heroic worldbreaker (Try to aim for around 5% once you can anticipate the mechanics.)
    So try to adopt the caster mantra: ABC (Always Be Casting) and learn the rythm of the fights.

Also pots do actually help quite a bit if you are able to use them during cooldowns.
    There were 16 people that popped them during that fight... which means every DPS did except you.
    If you want to compete, you need to bring everything to bear.
    Last edited by Ishan; 2017-12-28 at 07:52 AM.

Deleted
    I've been strunggling on High Command Mythic mode.

Spec: Beast Mastery
    Item Level: 956
    Expectations: at least 2m dps
    Armory Link: I can't post any link
    Warcraft Logs: warcraftlogs. co m/rep orts/wCQg23XcBHav8Gzt
    Wow Analyzer : wowanalyzer. co m/repor t/ wCQg23XcBHav8Gzt

I'm trying anything.
    45-50% crit 30 haste rest mastery, switching leggendary, anything but I always make between 1,6 and 1.8m

Quote Originally Posted by Needlessone View Post
    I've been strunggling on High Command Mythic mode.

Spec: Beast Mastery
    Item Level: 956
    Expectations: at least 2m dps
    Armory Link: I can't post any link
    Warcraft Logs: warcraftlogs. co m/rep orts/wCQg23XcBHav8Gzt
    Wow Analyzer : wowanalyzer. co m/repor t/ wCQg23XcBHav8Gzt

I'm trying anything.
    45-50% crit 30 haste rest mastery, switching leggendary, anything but I always make between 1,6 and 1.8m
    I have no experience with mythic High command, but this is what I found when I checked your links.

Looks like you're just not using multi-shot enough. (unless the adds just melt in a few sec?)
    Beast cleave only lasts 4 seconds, so you need to reapply it every 4 sec as long as there are adds up you can hit.
    Also at 4+ targets you can spam multishot some more for more surge of the stormgod procs. This does a lot of aoe damage.

Also the Tarnished sentinel medalion is a single target trinket. You may want to switch it with something else for an add heavy fight like this.

I also think you are over using cobra shot. You should always use kill command on cooldown, especially when you have beast cleave up for adds.
    You pretty much only want to use cobra shot to avoid capping focus. Otherwise you should save it for kill command, since it does about 40% more damage per cast even on single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    [B]Spec[Beast Mastery/B]
    [B]Item Level[939/B]
    Expectations:
    [B]Armory Link:[https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...r/backstrap/B]
    [B]Warcraftlogs Link:[https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...r/backstrap/B]

it appears to me that my main downfall is my Cobra Shot seems to be hitting quite a bit lower than others in my same Item Level.

Open to any suggestions. I have since changed my legendarys a bit. Got a new one yesterday.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    [B]Spec[Beast Mastery/B]
    [B]Item Level[939/B]
    Expectations:
    [B]Armory Link:[https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...r/backstrap/B]
    [B]Warcraftlogs Link:[https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...r/backstrap/B]

it appears to me that my main downfall is my Cobra Shot seems to be hitting quite a bit lower than others in my same Item Level.

Open to any suggestions. I have since changed my legendarys a bit. Got a new one yesterday.

Thanks
    I would start with these things: https://wowanalyzer.com/report/v6GAL...:47)/Backstrap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I have no experience with mythic High command, but this is what I found when I checked your links.

Looks like you're just not using multi-shot enough. (unless the adds just melt in a few sec?)
    Beast cleave only lasts 4 seconds, so you need to reapply it every 4 sec as long as there are adds up you can hit.
    Also at 4+ targets you can spam multishot some more for more surge of the stormgod procs. This does a lot of aoe damage.

Also the Tarnished sentinel medalion is a single target trinket. You may want to switch it with something else for an add heavy fight like this.

I also think you are over using cobra shot. You should always use kill command on cooldown, especially when you have beast cleave up for adds.
    You pretty much only want to use cobra shot to avoid capping focus. Otherwise you should save it for kill command, since it does about 40% more damage per cast even on single target.
    thanks for the reply and yeah I noticed looking at logs that my cobrashot dmg was way higher compared to other hunters who had much more stampede dmg
    Dunno why but I always thought that combra shot was a better dps option than multi shot I mean 1.5-1.9m when critting vs what? 200k per hit on 2-3 targets?

So I should use it more often to proc Beast Cleave all the time? I need to find a Weak Aura for it...

About the equip I've been using that ring to balance my stats to have at least 43% crit 30% haste and as much Mastery as possible.
    My only other option (beside leg ring) would be a 935 crit-cele if i'm not wrong. That will lower my mastery to a 45-55%

For leggendary I usually stick to boots+sephuz or when needed prydaz+sephuz any suggestion about it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey gang,

BM question:

I have Parsel's Tongue and just got Qa'pla, Eredun War Order (which replaced The Apex Predator's Claw).

I currently have 41% Crit, 7% Haste, 3% Versatility and 93% Mastery.

I just wanted to check if this is the right talent selection for these stats and legendaries:

Way of the Cobra
    Stomp
    Posthaste
    One with the Pack
    Binding Shot
    A Murder of Crows
    Killer Cobra

I've been using Killer Cobra due to high Mastery and the ring legendary. Now that I have replaced the ring with the boots, I can't see myself being able to pool the Focus to best use the effect of Killer Cobra. Should I swap to Aspect of the Beast?

Also, is there a Haste cap/ soft cap I should be aiming for..? 7% seems low, but I can't seem to find much love for it in guides.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ultima; 2018-01-03 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Hey gang,

BM question:

Also, is there a Haste cap/ soft cap I should be aiming for..? 7% seems low, but I can't seem to find much love for it in guides.

Thanks!
    22% and 32% according to the Discord Community

thanks for the reply and yeah I noticed looking at logs that my cobrashot dmg was way higher compared to other hunters who had much more stampede dmg
    Dunno why but I always thought that combra shot was a better dps option than multi shot I mean 1.5-1.9m when critting vs what? 200k per hit on 2-3 targets?

So I should use it more often to proc Beast Cleave all the time? I need to find a Weak Aura for it...
    Yeah you want to have beast cleave up as much as possible when the adds are up and stacked near the boss. Multi-shot does low damage on its own, but it activates beast cleave, which causes all your pets attacks (including kill command) to cleave. It can also proc surge of the stormgod, which is another aoe cleave centred on your pet.

About the equip I've been using that ring to balance my stats to have at least 43% crit 30% haste and as much Mastery as possible.
    My only other option (beside leg ring) would be a 935 crit-cele if i'm not wrong. That will lower my mastery to a 45-55%

For leggendary I usually stick to boots+sephuz or when needed prydaz+sephuz any suggestion about it?
    I was talking about your trinket and not your ring. I wouldn't worry to much about your stat balance.
    Just sim your gear for best single target and add heavy fight through https://www.raidbots.com/simbot.
    And go from there.
    Last edited by Ishan; 2018-01-04 at 01:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graharam View Post
    22% and 32% according to the Discord Community
    Cheers. And the rest?

Marksmanship
    Above 1mill dps in general:

LINKS, I cant post any as I have not posted before but my characters name is Fry and i'm on Sunstrider EU in the guild Played The Game

As for warcraftlogs I am unable to post that too due to it being a link but my last fight was garothi HC and I got 867.311.6 dps with 99.17% activity if this at all helps in anyway.

Hi I have done sim crafts and I know these are accurate down the the mark, but it's telling me that I can hit over 1mill dps.
    I seem to struggle to get anywhere near that unless I burst from the start of the fight then its ok.
    I feel it could be down to my gear as I know my rotation very well, or the lack of legendaries or set pieces?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fry16 View Post
    Marksmanship
    Above 1mill dps in general:

LINKS, I cant post any as I have not posted before but my characters name is Fry and i'm on Sunstrider EU in the guild Played The Game

As for warcraftlogs I am unable to post that too due to it being a link but my last fight was garothi HC and I got 867.311.6 dps with 99.17% activity if this at all helps in anyway.

Hi I have done sim crafts and I know these are accurate down the the mark, but it's telling me that I can hit over 1mill dps.
    I seem to struggle to get anywhere near that unless I burst from the start of the fight then its ok.
    I feel it could be down to my gear as I know my rotation very well, or the lack of legendaries or set pieces?

Thanks
    You should put your logs into wowanalyser and see what suggestions come out.
    It's easiest to start there.

Here i've done it for you: https://wowanalyzer.com/report/NBJLT...ill+(5:37)/Fry
    Just click suggestions, plenty of stuff for you to improve.
    such as:
    -You have 14,5% downtime (not spend casting)
    -You have spend 16,6% of the time focus capped (because of not casting)
    -You cast 6 aimed shots without vulnerable being up while not having > 95 focus.
    -you did not optimise the use of trueshot. (so to few aimedshots during this window)

Marksmanship
    Above 1 mil dps for Antorus

I can't post links but my character is Jakcie-Staghelm

I would like some help with my dps, it has been much lower then most of my guildies. I would appreciate any help in general.