Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
30
... LastLast
  1. #381
    I'm a longtime lurker but a new poster and it's not letting me post links, sorry!

    Spec Survival
    Item Level 484
    Expectations: femaledwarf says that (unbuffed) I should be getting about 66k DPS based on my spec and gear. When I go practice at the training dummy (still unbuffed for comparison) I'm only pulling about 60k DPS - would like to understand if the difference is just me not executing the priority/rotation perfectly enough resulting in the ~10% variance or if there is something else missing. Epeenbot shows me getting about 50-60th percentile for the bosses in Vaults 10N (except for Gara'jal which is closer to 90th percentile for some reason). I don't understand that variance and would prefer to hit higher percentages on the other bosses.
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/bagster/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: recent vaults run (10N) on Sunday:worldoflogs.com/reports/zuug1egq3q4b0or1 (all of my parses:worldoflogs.com/guilds/243416)
    Femaledwarf Link:femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=7194

    I always reforge using whatever reforgelite recommends. I've got the 4-set bonus from the LFR gear.

    As an aside, I'm not sure what is better to use for determining which pieces of gear to use for upgrades. I use askmrrobot and look at relative rankings to determine which gear is better but it seems to disagree greatly with other sites like hunterloot.com. Which is right?

    Thanks for your time.

  2. #382
    Spec BM and SV
    Item Level: 499
    Expectations: Hm I don't think my DPS are extremely bad, but I think with some tipps from long time hunter players I can do better.
    Armory Link:eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Pr%C3%AA/advanced
    World of Logs:worldoflogs.com/reports/anfin4k8smd27ayz/
    Femaledwarf Link: not available

    I never really played Hunter before MOP, so I am sure I do something wrong and hope to get a better hunter with your help. The Log is from our Mogu HC Raid today, we tried the Spirit Kings the First time so we needed some more tries to kill them. I did not upgrade my weapon because I hope to get the Gun from Lei Shi every damn week, but no luck until today.

    So I hope you got some tipps for me and already thank you for spending your time to help me.

  3. #383
    I am Murloc! M0cha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,210
    Spec: Beast Mastery
    Item Level: 485
    Expectations: Pull competitive DPS. I'm actually not the hunter posting, I'll just be forwarding him the tips commented. I expect him to be up near the rest of our DPS in similar gear.
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...idshaft/simple
    World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nz...csl/details/2/
    Femaledwarf: I haven't the faintest clue.


    Like I said, I'm going to forward whatever is said to the hunter in question, and he knows I'm posting this. Thanks.

    Oh, he just underwent a spec change from Bm to Sv, but all of his logs are in Beast Mastery. This subsequently will mean his reforging is off. From what I know, he was using Mr. Robot as a guide for reforging, so I'm not sure much could go wrong in that regard.

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Spec: Beast Mastery
    Item Level: 485
    Expectations: Pull competitive DPS. I'm actually not the hunter posting, I'll just be forwarding him the tips commented. I expect him to be up near the rest of our DPS in similar gear.
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...idshaft/simple
    World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nz...csl/details/2/
    Femaledwarf: I haven't the faintest clue.


    Like I said, I'm going to forward whatever is said to the hunter in question, and he knows I'm posting this. Thanks.

    Oh, he just underwent a spec change from Bm to Sv, but all of his logs are in Beast Mastery. This subsequently will mean his reforging is off. From what I know, he was using Mr. Robot as a guide for reforging, so I'm not sure much could go wrong in that regard.
    This is completely wrong. Mr robot is very very very bad.

    All I have to say is that Mr robot fucked him up quite a bit. It made him gem improperly in a few items and the reforges are very bad. Tell him to gem pure agi into his gloves and belt and change the enchant on his gloves to expertise.

    He hasn't upgraded anything yet. His gun should be top priority to upgrade. Since he doesn't have anything upgraded yet he can use wowreforge.com with ease. Go in and import his toon then change the stat weights to this:

    crit: 1.6
    haste: 1.31 (any number <1.31 can go here since haste is our worst stat)
    mastery:1.4
    His reforges were off anyway, but with mr robot it prioritizes haste more than it should. So his reforges will remain the same if he swaps specs which is bad on mr robot's part. The stat priority above is for SV and BM. Mastery is way better than haste for both specs.
    Conversely, if he doesn't feel like editing the stats of his gear every time he uses wowreforge with an upgrade he can download reforgelite it's almost the same thing except you may lose some stats.

    He should be using AMoC over lynx rush.

    Looking at his feng kill http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nz...?s=3603&e=4090

    He need to kill command A LOT more. Like he had around half of the maximum amount if kill commands he could get in that fight. It also appears that he isn't cobra shotting enough either.

    He also isn't using bestial wrath as often as he should... He has 3 uses of it in an 8 minute fight. His focus fire usage is odd. He should be using it whenever it's going to wear off or right after BW. He isn't using his rapid fire at all. He had 2 uses of it. That is very low.

    His stampede pet's are very badly set up. He has his spirit beast's spirit mend on auto use when it shouldn't be. One of his pets are specced tenacity and his main pet is cunning! which is lowering his dps a bit. He needs to properly set up his stampede pets like I mentioned and anything else that I missed. Has to have all pets ferocity with rabid on auto cast and abilities like spirit mend off of auto cast because it doesn't give dps, it just makes you lose dps. He should also try getting some pets that fill the buffs of your raid, since you are missing some buffs.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-02 at 01:37 PM.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  5. #385
    Spec Beast Mastery
    Item Level 469
    Expectations: Just to do competitive DPS, this is my alt but I still want to do the best I can.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntard/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xgbgadhztq7ad2np/
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=7632

    I'm not unhappy with the numbers I'm pulling. I recently just leveled this toon, and haven't really raided on a hunter since wrath. This is my alt that I do team two raids with in my guild. Also please excuse my lack of proffesions and lack of enchants on low iL gear.

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenpre View Post
    Spec BM and SV
    Item Level: 499
    Expectations: Hm I don't think my DPS are extremely bad, but I think with some tipps from long time hunter players I can do better.
    Armory Link:eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Pr%C3%AA/advanced
    World of Logs:worldoflogs.com/reports/anfin4k8smd27ayz/
    Femaledwarf Link: not available

    I never really played Hunter before MOP, so I am sure I do something wrong and hope to get a better hunter with your help. The Log is from our Mogu HC Raid today, we tried the Spirit Kings the First time so we needed some more tries to kill them. I did not upgrade my weapon because I hope to get the Gun from Lei Shi every damn week, but no luck until today.

    So I hope you got some tipps for me and already thank you for spending your time to help me.
    BUMP, no tips for me?

    added another log:worldoflogs.com/reports/7aru6nt5xlid8001/ with some other bosses.

    Still no weapon .

  7. #387
    Spec: SV only
    Item Level: 488
    Expectations: Better DPS is always welcome. After I quit my heroic raid I got a bit sloppy and I'd liked to brush up my skills.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...earan/advanced
    World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2w...?s=1426&e=1797

    Known issues: A bit too low on hit and expertise (will reforge expertise asap). Still stuck with a blue weapon. Unsure about my cooldown usage as well. I hope you have some tips for me
    Last edited by Engelszorn; 2013-02-05 at 03:20 PM.

  8. #388
    Spec: BM/SV with some MM for funsies on normal modes
    Item level: 497 equippedl
    Expectations: FD says 104k ish, frankly I just want to catch the mage in our group
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ippen/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/24...alendar/02-13/
    Wow-heroes link: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...%2052/chippen/
    Femaledwarf Link: Not entirely sure how to link with FD, but Chippen @ Area 52

    Known issues - Basically, I'm the only mobile DPS, so stuff like tiles on Stone Guard H, etc. is basically on me. I like to compare myself to our mage, but I'm just not even close except for high movement fights. You can see the disparity in WoL. Also, I'm still rocking an LFR Lei Shi gun(upgraded twice, but meh).

    Essentially I'm looking for a character audit. For reforges, I used Mr. Robot, but simply swapped the weights of haste and mastery, since I know AMR doesn't do it quite right with those two stats. My guild is in it's 6th week of raiding HMs(formed late), and we are 10/16H, just killed Lei Shi and are sub 20% on Zor'lok - Amber Shaper or Protectors are next. With us getting into the tougher fights now, I need to be pushing everything I can, and I want to make sure I'm not missing something that would be preventing me from doing so.


    Go nuts!

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelszorn View Post
    Spec: SV only
    Item Level: 488
    Expectations: Better DPS is always welcome. After I quit my heroic raid I got a bit sloppy and I'd liked to brush up my skills

    Known issues: A bit too low on hit and expertise (will reforge expertise asap). Still stuck with a blue weapon. Unsure about my cooldown usage as well. I hope you have some tips for me
    Your profile is in german :S but looking at your gloves first of all I have feeling that tempo means haste, right? if so you need to change that enchant to either mastery or expertise. In your gear I would choice expertise.

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by Revrev View Post
    Your profile is in german :S but looking at your gloves first of all I have feeling that tempo means haste, right? if so you need to change that enchant to either mastery or expertise. In your gear I would choice expertise.
    You can change the de in his link to en and it will be in english. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...earan/advanced

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  11. #391
    Spec
    Beast Mastery
    Item Level
    502
    Expectations:
    Basically, the ability to rank on fights. Nothing special rank wise, just to rank.
    Armory Link:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Eremor/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/166699/ Is my guild, Im in most of these, look at any to be honest
    Femaledwarf Link:
    Dont have one atm





    Help

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Eremor View Post
    Spec
    Beast Mastery
    Item Level
    502
    Expectations:
    Basically, the ability to rank on fights. Nothing special rank wise, just to rank.
    Armory Link:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Eremor/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/166699/ Is my guild, Im in most of these, look at any to be honest
    Femaledwarf Link:
    Dont have one atm





    Help
    Ranking with 502 Ilvl will be more than difficult, especially as 80% of the fights this tier relies on gimmicks that forces you into screwing your raid in order to boost your own dps. The other 20% are filled up with hunters with BiS gear or from asia with their +520 item level.
    Regardless, your gems in belt, chest, and boots are wrong.
    Also, you're not using serpent sting like... At all.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=9538&e=9952 look at these logs - your best uptime is like 20% on vizier, worst you apply it, let it fall off, and just don't do anything about it for the rest of the fight on bladelord.

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Ranking with 502 Ilvl will be more than difficult, especially as 80% of the fights this tier relies on gimmicks that forces you into screwing your raid in order to boost your own dps. The other 20% are filled up with hunters with BiS gear or from asia with their +520 item level.
    Regardless, your gems in belt, chest, and boots are wrong.
    Also, you're not using serpent sting like... At all.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=9538&e=9952 look at these logs - your best uptime is like 20% on vizier, worst you apply it, let it fall off, and just don't do anything about it for the rest of the fight on bladelord.
    I'd say the gem in the boots is debatable. Femaledwarf is simming the gem at a 260.68 dps increase over the agi gem for me. Other than that I'd say full agi in the chest and belt and maybe the boots depending on what femaledwarf says.

    http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=8014

    There is my dps with the orange gem.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'd say the gem in the boots is debatable. Femaledwarf is simming the gem at a 260.68 dps increase over the agi gem for me. Other than that I'd say full agi in the chest and belt and maybe the boots depending on what femaledwarf says.

    http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=8014

    There is my dps with the orange gem.
    That's very odd, really. I use an orange in my heroic ambershaper ones, but that's only a 200 gain - it's 120 haste vs 60 crit. Haste and crit aren't at a 2:1 ratio, so I guess it's some kind of issue with gear scaling. Normally, 180 offstats over 80 agility shouldn't be worth it.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    That's very odd, really. I use an orange in my heroic ambershaper ones, but that's only a 200 gain - it's 120 haste vs 60 crit. Haste and crit aren't at a 2:1 ratio, so I guess it's some kind of issue with gear scaling. Normally, 180 offstats over 80 agility shouldn't be worth it.
    Yeah, agreed. It's probably going to change to 160 agi > 80 agi and 220 crit when i get some more gear.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Yeah, agreed. It's probably going to change to 160 agi > 80 agi and 220 crit when i get some more gear.
    Blah, ment 240 offstats, sorry. Not 180.

  17. #397
    The Patient Lastkaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    343
    Spec
    Beast Mastery
    Item Level
    485
    Expectations:
    Constant top dps in 10man raid group.
    Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ekaii/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1252&e=1689
    Femaledwarf Link:
    Don't have one, don't understand how to use Femaledwarf

    Any help would be appreciated, I know I am doing way less than what I am capable of, I just don't know what to fix. I use Mr Robot for reforges, and I know that is bad, but I don't know any better. Thanks!!

  18. #398
    Spec: Survival
    Item Level: 498
    Expectations: Higher dmg for single target on heroic Protectors
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eperx/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=60583
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=8171

    Now the other hunter does seem to be using ToTH and thus his dmg is buffed up because of that, I don't and I use Fervor and try to focus on single target..

    But even then he still beats me on are first target Kaolan by 2mil or so, he does have better gear but I find it I'm missing out on something

  19. #399
    At the moment I don't feel like going through someones armory and logs and say the exact same thing I've been saying throughout this thread. If you want you can go back and check my previous posts, they can be of some use.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  20. #400
    This seems as good a thread as any to ask: anyone know if you can combine pets onto a player's detail page for WOL? Specifically interested in comparing BM hunters with raidbots (which uses the details page for a specific kill) without having to compare pets and players separately.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •