Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
32
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by dhrogo View Post
    Spec BM
    Item Level 500

    Expectations: In the 5.1 raid DPS met my needs perfectly. But when you started the 5.2, I'm having a lot of trouble raiding in TOT, mainly in Horridon where I am currently hitting 65-75 k put frosting with a near 500 expected to hit 100k damage.
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Dhrogo/simple
    Worldoflogs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s8q1u0twtqdaq26j/sum/damageDone/?s=8232&e=8602
    Femaledwarf Link: N/A
    I don't understand Portuguese, but your logs are in English, good enough. I see 39 ES, which is fairly low for a 369s fight. Minimum you should have 369/6 or 61, and that's not counting LnL procs. You had 12 LnL procs, which should translate into 24 (worst case) to 36 more ES. Horridon is a burn-an-add with incidental cleave fight, so ES should still be used on CD. You only had 7 barrages in a 6m fight, out of a max 13. There might be points where you delay Barrage a few seconds for an anticipated add wave, but not so much that you miss 6 of them.

    Lastly, you were using Dire Beast, which is like, the worst talent of the 3 on this fight. Dire Beast depends on it constantly hitting its target, both for the damage it does, and the focus it provided. However, in fights with lots of adds (IE, lots of target switching) the pet spends lots of time running to new targets, being bad because of bad pet AI, etc. Not to mention, in fights like this with ground-effect AoE, beasts die prematurely. IN a 6m fight, you have an opportunity for 13 DB not even including Readiness. Each beast should hit 8-9 times per summon, giving you a range of about 104-117 hits, for about 520 to 585 focus. Your Dire Beast attacked 71 times (36 hit, 25 crit, 9 glancing, 1 miss), and gave you 325 focus (it counted 65 of the hits, IDK what's up with that). That's not only a lot of lost damage from the beast, but a lot of lost focus you could have spent on other abilities.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't understand Portuguese, but your logs are in English, good enough. I see 39 ES, which is fairly low for a 369s fight. Minimum you should have 369/6 or 61, and that's not counting LnL procs. You had 12 LnL procs, which should translate into 24 (worst case) to 36 more ES. Horridon is a burn-an-add with incidental cleave fight, so ES should still be used on CD. You only had 7 barrages in a 6m fight, out of a max 13. There might be points where you delay Barrage a few seconds for an anticipated add wave, but not so much that you miss 6 of them.

    Lastly, you were using Dire Beast, which is like, the worst talent of the 3 on this fight. Dire Beast depends on it constantly hitting its target, both for the damage it does, and the focus it provided. However, in fights with lots of adds (IE, lots of target switching) the pet spends lots of time running to new targets, being bad because of bad pet AI, etc. Not to mention, in fights like this with ground-effect AoE, beasts die prematurely. IN a 6m fight, you have an opportunity for 13 DB not even including Readiness. Each beast should hit 8-9 times per summon, giving you a range of about 104-117 hits, for about 520 to 585 focus. Your Dire Beast attacked 71 times (36 hit, 25 crit, 9 glancing, 1 miss), and gave you 325 focus (it counted 65 of the hits, IDK what's up with that). That's not only a lot of lost damage from the beast, but a lot of lost focus you could have spent on other abilities.
    You can change the "pt" in the link to "en" and then it will be in English.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dhrogo/simple

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  3. #423
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,768
    Thanks. No wonder, I thought his 8.72% haste was his hit, and his 9.55% hit was haste. That is waaaaaaaaaay over cap.

  4. #424
    ilevel 516 my dps is ok but it could always be better. does anyone have tips
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/boulderfist/Spartans/advanced
    Worldoflogs: worldoflogs.com/guilds/177613/

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by spartans View Post
    ilevel 516 my dps is ok but it could always be better. does anyone have tips
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/boulderfist/Spartans/advanced
    Worldoflogs: worldoflogs.com/guilds/177613/
    I sim you at 134K on Fd, and your pulling 126.9. Im relly not seeing your issue here. You ss uptimes are good and you seem to be utilizing globals wisely.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Rine View Post
    I sim you at 134K on Fd, and your pulling 126.9. Im relly not seeing your issue here. You ss uptimes are good and you seem to be utilizing globals wisely.
    i dont have an issue with my dps im just wondering what could i be doing better

  7. #427
    I can't post links yet...but my char is ayaraa on kilrogg and wol guild is circle of truth on kilrogg if anyone has any suggestions

  8. #428
    Hello hunters! I'm an officer for a semi-hardcore guild looking to continue pressing progression. I've embarked on a never-ending quest to improve the raid's DPS, one class at a time. Today, I'm looking for some feedback about our hunters. We raid with three hunters, Dès, Putzenheimer and Doorizai. I'm looking for any feedback, positive or negative, about their performance.

    Here are our logs for the last week (10/12N):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...um/damageDone/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

    And here are the armories for the three hunters:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%A8s/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nheimer/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oorizai/simple

    Thank you in advance for your assistance!

  9. #429
    Our (new) hunter is severly undeperforming in my eyes

    Log from today's raid (from Council to Dark Animus): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3xbbu5sc5839cb9s/
    Armory of said hunter: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orpio/advanced (509 equipped with 528 weapon and another 522 trinket - Talisman of Bloodlust)

    His English is pretty poor, so me and another officer did some quick research and concluded that he should be aiming for SV or BM speccs. Did the whole raid today as SV as far as I can see and the results were really poor... from a fast glance I can notice using ES too rarely and dropping Serpent Sting all the time (~50% uptime on Council...) any other issues? What should I be telling him?

  10. #430
    Our hunter is performing worse compared to the rest of the raid, who is relative iLVL compared to him. We just downed pre-ToT content and are looking to progress into the harder content so I just wanted to get him some help, he recently just went survival.

    Spec: SV
    ILVL: 495
    Expectations: at least 75k DPS
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hnies/advanced
    World Of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n3...u9b/details/6/

    He was SV for the most of the raid, but I think he went BM for a little little bit of it.

    Thanks!

  11. #431
    I have limited time to comment, so sorry if this wasn't all that you were looking for.

    His trinkets are terrible (needs to replace the ghost iron dragonling ASAP), he needs to change his gems. He needs delicate (agility) gems in everything except the purple gem in his helm and the orange gem in his chest. Other than that it's just pure agi.

    On aoe fights he should have either fervor or ToTH. He had dire beast on empress. One of his pets in the logs somehow was specced to cunning (not sure exactly where), that's a dps loss.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-04-09 at 09:09 AM.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I have limited time to comment, so sorry if this wasn't all that you were looking for.

    His trinkets are terrible (needs to replace the ghost iron dragonling ASAP), he needs to change his gems. He needs delicate (agility) gems in everything except the purple gem in his helm and the orange gem in his chest. Other than that it's just pure agi.

    On aoe fights he should have either fervor or ToTH. He had dire beast on empress. One of his pets in the logs somehow was specced to cunning (not sure exactly where), that's a dps loss.
    Thanks Teh i'll paste this to him

  13. #433
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    66
    Spec Beastmastery
    Item Level 492
    Expectations: 95k
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Misfire/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...me/details/24/
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=10905

    So here is my problem:

    My reforge is correct accordingly to female dwarf and my talents. My rotation is comes from Icy Veins and Noxxic, + from Our other hunter in the guild. I cant get past 65k stable dps and this is making me annyoed and makes me wanna play this class less and less and less, So i am here to ask for help!

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathswk View Post
    Spec Beastmastery
    Item Level 492
    Expectations: 95k
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Misfire/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...me/details/24/
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=10905

    So here is my problem:

    My reforge is correct accordingly to female dwarf and my talents. My rotation is comes from Icy Veins and Noxxic, + from Our other hunter in the guild. I cant get past 65k stable dps and this is making me annyoed and makes me wanna play this class less and less and less, So i am here to ask for help!
    Just had a real quick look at work, and the first thing that stood out is youre under hit cap.
    Try wowreforge.com to optimize your reforging and get your caps.

    Will leave the minutia for those more qualified to break down for you.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2013-04-10 at 03:05 AM.

  15. #435
    One of the hunters in our raid has been fairly upset for a while because he feels like his dps is too low.
    I haven't played a hunter in a while so can't really judge it but want outside opinion.

    Spec : BM
    ilvl : 511
    Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pwood/advanced
    WoL : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/00997qajpn4pqxsn/ (first 6 bosses)

  16. #436
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,493
    On Jin'rokh he's being silly and using major buffs like Bestial Wrath, Blood Fury, Readiness, Stampede outside of the damage buff from pools. Of course his DPS is going to be low on that fight. He let Serpent Sting drop off twice. He's using Lynx Rush instead of A Murder of Crows.

    On Council he clearly isn't mouseover stinging the other targets instead of using arcane shot. His Kill Shot usage is also low. He should be using Barrage instead of Glaive Toss for that fight. Whenever there are 3 targets in a clump, he should be using Multi-Shot.

    Why did he even bother with Explosive Trap on Megaera?

    Your Ji-Kun strat prevents him from doing decent damage. Everybody should be getting Primal Nutriment buffs from Feed Young, but only one person in your raid even seems aware the buff exists.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014


  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    On Jin'rokh he's being silly and using major buffs like Bestial Wrath, Blood Fury, Readiness, Stampede outside of the damage buff from pools. Of course his DPS is going to be low on that fight. He let Serpent Sting drop off twice. He's using Lynx Rush instead of A Murder of Crows.

    On Council he clearly isn't mouseover stinging the other targets instead of using arcane shot. His Kill Shot usage is also low. He should be using Barrage instead of Glaive Toss for that fight. Whenever there are 3 targets in a clump, he should be using Multi-Shot.

    Why did he even bother with Explosive Trap on Megaera?

    Your Ji-Kun strat prevents him from doing decent damage. Everybody should be getting Primal Nutriment buffs from Feed Young, but only one person in your raid even seems aware the buff exists.
    Thanks for the feedback, however just curious, how much does that hurt his dps ? Something around 10% ? Or closer to 1-2

  18. #438
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, however just curious, how much does that hurt his dps ? Something around 10% ? Or closer to 1-2
    On Jin'rokh, the fact that he never had cooldowns up to the puddle is horrible and probably something around a 30K DPS loss overall.

    On fights like Council, a full 15s serpent sting is roughly double the damage of an arcane shot, and costs less focus. With 3 additional targets spread around a room, he should be replacing a couple arcane shots every 15s or so for 6 minutes...that's a lot of lost DPS, worth a double digit number of arcane shots.

    On Ji-Kun, just about everyone is doing 50 percent of their nominal DPS.

    I have not looked that closely, but I also assume he is not using anywhere near the theoretical max # of GCDs.

    Edit: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22649165/facepalm-cd.png

    Bloodlust is cast while everyone is buffed in the puddle/pool. Look at how perfectly bad his cooldown stacking is.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-04-10 at 11:07 AM.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014


  19. #439
    Spec: SV
    Item Level: 512
    Expectations: 110k avg in ToT
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...isper/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: Last Monday http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...20b/details/8/
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=10937

    I am having a real tough time this tier. I am catching some of my mistakes here and there, but not quickly enough and I am far off the mark.

  20. #440
    My turn.

    Spec: Beastermaster and survival
    Itemlvl: 504.
    Expectation: 110k
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ansen/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/266852/
    FD: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=10905

    I start the fight up with serpent sting, then stampede, dire beast, rapid fire + bestial wrath. I use my readiness to use another KC under Bestial wrath. I normally use my focus fire when i got 5 stacks and go no wrath close to off cd. I use arcane shot when I´m close to focus cap, so i won't cap it. I normally do around 98k dps, but i want it on the expected dps.

    And Also is it worth losing tier 14, 4p set bonus for Maze of Gara'jal and Gauntless of the longbow both 522 items, for both SV and BM?
    Last edited by abenhansen; 2013-04-11 at 04:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •