Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
34
... LastLast
  1. #461
    Spec: SV
    Item Level: 523 Equipped (slightly lower in the WoL)
    Expectations: Too low dps in comparison to other hunters with same iLvL
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/azshara/Lezzar/advanced (links not working due to new member)
    WoL Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i45cc7uga33fuj8v/ (links not working due to new member)

    Hi all,

    I feel like I'm lacking a bit in terms of dpsing in comparison to other hunters.

    Im currently reforged Crit > Haste > Mastery and i think this should be ok since I simmed myself for stat weights and I ve got 2 RPPM trinkets.

    Im gemmed with + AGI or AGI/crit mainly

    Im fully and properly enchanted aswell.

    My starting rota seems fine with Prepot - ES - Rapid/Berserking/Rapid Fire - BA - SrS - GT - Stampede - Frevor - AMoC - ES - Readiness and so on...

    However my damage breaks down quickly and I have trouble coming back on top later in the fight.

    Sometimes I feel like i have too much focus and I fail to dumb it properly - This may be a reason for my low dps?

    Could it be the missing 2P T15?

    Hopefully you guys could have a look at it and gimme some feedback on how to improve my dps.

    Regards, Lezzar

  2. #462
    Mechagnome Ignorance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I can only look fast, your hit is way below the cap (which you are probably fixing) just something to note.
    Ha funny, I reforged after replacing some gear but had a 200 hit buff from some crappy food in my bags... My logs are before that reforge though

  3. #463
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    One thing to note about procs is the legendary meta gem. It is not typical proc and will only give you one stack of Capacitance from a spell like Barrage. Since the Lightning Charge is ~5% of our damage on a Patchwerk-style encounter, I would pretty much never allow myself to use Barrage outside of clear AoE situations.
    Good point, but as neither I nor the hunter in question is anywhere near getting the Meta i feel like that doesn't really have any real word application for either of us. Interesting though that Devai from DREAM Paragon uses Barrage as much as he does considering it's negative effect on meta procs. I'm guessing he's just being forgetful when he streams.

    Thanks for the info though, will definately come in handy knowing that for when I get the Meta.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    One thing to note about procs is the legendary meta gem. It is not typical proc and will only give you one stack of Capacitance from a spell like Barrage. Since the Lightning Charge is ~5% of our damage on a Patchwerk-style encounter, I would pretty much never allow myself to use Barrage outside of clear AoE situations.
    Since the meta gem is RealPPM, barrage shouldn't reduce the amount of procs you get from it.

    RealPPM determines the chance for a proc based on the time since the last chance to proc. If the later barrage hits cannot proc, then this should factor in the time since the last chance to proc, meaning the proc chance after barrage will have a higher chance to proc, which evens it out. (unless I am missing something since I do not personally have the meta gem yet)

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolaez View Post
    Since the meta gem is RealPPM, barrage shouldn't reduce the amount of procs you get from it.

    RealPPM determines the chance for a proc based on the time since the last chance to proc. If the later barrage hits cannot proc, then this should factor in the time since the last chance to proc, meaning the proc chance after barrage will have a higher chance to proc, which evens it out. (unless I am missing something since I do not personally have the meta gem yet)
    They never said it reduces procs, just that it doesn't affect it due to how real ppm works.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  6. #466
    SpecBM
    Item Level221
    Expectations:above 130k
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kavoo/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1m9/details/1/

    Im doing less damage than any other dps in my raid group. Also from I can see in WoL im ding way less damage than other hunters. I have messed up with reforges a lot but nothing good ever came out of it, HELP PLEASE !

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    They never said it reduces procs, just that it doesn't affect it due to how real ppm works.
    I do find it interesting that you can't get multiple meta stacks off one Barrage though, as the scope can proc upwards of 3 times in one Barrage and afaik that is on RPPM too isnt it? It makes sense for balancing reasons though as you'd be able to get dumb amounts of lightning strikes on AoE fights with Barrage fishing otherwise

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukira View Post
    I do find it interesting that you can't get multiple meta stacks off one Barrage though, as the scope can proc upwards of 3 times in one Barrage and afaik that is on RPPM too isnt it? It makes sense for balancing reasons though as you'd be able to get dumb amounts of lightning strikes on AoE fights with Barrage fishing otherwise
    Even using barrage on AoE fights wouldn't (on average) give you more RPPM procs. Since the time between attacks is extremely low, you will have a really low proc chance.

    For example (using a hypothetical proc rate of 4 RPPM):
    * 50 attacks within 3 seconds (barrage can proc multiple times) -> 0.4% chance to proc= 20% chance to proc over those 3 seconds = 4 Real PPM
    vs
    * 2 attacks within 3 seconds (barrage can only proc once) -> 10% chance to proc = 20% chance to proc over those 3 seconds = 4 Real PPM

    However, with 2 attacks over 3 seconds, you have a distribution of:
    81% -> 0 procs
    18% -> 1 proc
    1% -> 2 procs

    With 50 attacks over 3 seconds, you have a distribution of:
    81% -> 0 procs
    16% -> 1 proc
    1.6% -> 2 procs
    0.1% -> 3 procs
    0.00005% -> 4 procs
    ...
    10^-120 -> 50 procs (this is about the chance of getting dealt a royal flush in poker 21 times IN A ROW)

    The math isn't exactly right, but its accurate enough to give a general understanding as to how RPPM works. As for why barrage works that way, blizzard might have not wanted the rare occurrence of getting 50 procs within 3 seconds. Or it might have simply been a coding limitation based on the way developers implemented barrage (it wouldn't be the first time something like this happened)

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    SpecBM
    Item Level221
    Expectations:above 130k
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kavoo/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1m9/details/1/

    Im doing less damage than any other dps in my raid group. Also from I can see in WoL im ding way less damage than other hunters. I have messed up with reforges a lot but nothing good ever came out of it, HELP PLEASE !
    The thing I see that stands out the most is your lack of Kill Commands.. You are BM but you have 29 Kill Commands on the Twins fight, I found a similar timed fight on WOL and that hunter had 64 Kill commands, more than twice as many? I looked at the other fights and saw similar results.. Kill Command is your pets big hitter and you are not using it on CD. You are missing a ton of Pet DPS.

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukira View Post
    I do find it interesting that you can't get multiple meta stacks off one Barrage though, as the scope can proc upwards of 3 times in one Barrage and afaik that is on RPPM too isnt it? It makes sense for balancing reasons though as you'd be able to get dumb amounts of lightning strikes on AoE fights with Barrage fishing otherwise
    The scope is PPM which is entirely different than RPPM.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  11. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerealkillr View Post
    The thing I see that stands out the most is your lack of Kill Commands.. You are BM but you have 29 Kill Commands on the Twins fight, I found a similar timed fight on WOL and that hunter had 64 Kill commands, more than twice as many? I looked at the other fights and saw similar results.. Kill Command is your pets big hitter and you are not using it on CD. You are missing a ton of Pet DPS.
    Thank you for your time, ill pay more attention to this.

  12. #472
    This is my hunter http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntaro/advanced

    I looted Saurok Stalker's Legguards 522. Is it worth giving up the t14 2 set bonus for the stat increase?

  13. #473
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullgore View Post
    This is my hunter http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntaro/advanced

    I looted Saurok Stalker's Legguards 522. Is it worth giving up the t14 2 set bonus for the stat increase?
    Have you simmed your character in Female Dwarf yet? The first post of this thread asks that you do the legwork before asking for help. Resources like Female Dwarf or Simcraft can easily answer this question for you, and that's all anyone else posting an answer would do.

    Try it out: www.femaledwarf.com

  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Have you simmed your character in Female Dwarf yet? The first post of this thread asks that you do the legwork before asking for help. Resources like Female Dwarf or Simcraft can easily answer this question for you, and that's all anyone else posting an answer would do.

    Try it out: www.femaledwarf.com
    If ive done it right female dwarf says breaking the set would give me 1300+ dps

    thnx

  15. #475
    hi all, I am trying to see if there is anything I can do to get some better dps out of my gear/spec I know my rotation well, and I suck at adjusting weights for female dwarf and mr. robot. I have never done world of logs but will try it out tonight in our 10m
    [/B] spec surv/bm
    [/B] ilvl 501
    [/B] to increase dps of course...basically wanna fine tune my huntard and be able to fine tune him better in the future
    [/B]armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...reesome/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:
    dont know how to pull link from female dwarf

    thanks in advance

  16. #476
    Been out of the theorycrafting loop for a while now (haven't played properly in 2 months). Just started pugging and reading up again, want to know if I'm missing anything.

    Spec Survival
    Item Level 510
    Expectations: 120k is what simc says
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulder/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5418&e=5857
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=11904

    I know that Simc/Zeherah are for patchwerk fights and all the target switching and pet movement clearly makes mine not one, but this is more of an exercise in understanding if I've still got the fundamentals right. A lot has changed in the past 2 months (as it always does) and I'd like to know if I should be doing anything differently.

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    Been out of the theorycrafting loop for a while now (haven't played properly in 2 months). Just started pugging and reading up again, want to know if I'm missing anything.

    Spec Survival
    Item Level 510
    Expectations: 120k is what simc says
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulder/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5418&e=5857
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=11904

    I know that Simc/Zeherah are for patchwerk fights and all the target switching and pet movement clearly makes mine not one, but this is more of an exercise in understanding if I've still got the fundamentals right. A lot has changed in the past 2 months (as it always does) and I'd like to know if I should be doing anything differently.
    I can only look fast, put all agi gems into your belt. It's better even when you cannot use the hit, but in your case you are wasting 371 hit while the gems in your belt add up to 280.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  18. #478
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    I know that Simc/Zeherah are for patchwerk fights and all the target switching and pet movement clearly makes mine not one, but this is more of an exercise in understanding if I've still got the fundamentals right. A lot has changed in the past 2 months (as it always does) and I'd like to know if I should be doing anything differently.
    I'd actually argue that for hunters N-Durumu is the closest analog to a Patchwerk encounter in ToT.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014


  19. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I can only look fast, put all agi gems into your belt. It's better even when you cannot use the hit, but in your case you are wasting 371 hit while the gems in your belt add up to 280.
    Oh right, good point. Didn't realize the socket bonus was hit. Should prob get a different cloak enchant as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I'd actually argue that for hunters N-Durumu is the closest analog to a Patchwerk encounter in ToT.
    Well yeah, but I didn't put my pet on passive and drop him on the boss and I switched to adds whenever they were up. I was just trying to say that I know the numbers should be less that ideal, I'm just trying to get an idea of how much less.

  20. #480
    Anyone have anything else to offer? I've changed my shot priority so I should be getting off a lot more ES's off. I'm also going to practise hitting fervor mid-GCD, brain is still used to the DB rhythm of a separate GCD.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •