Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
36
... LastLast
  1. #501
    Spec - Survival
    Item Level - 514
    Expectations: - To be keeping up to the dps in our group, 90k+ at least
    Armory Link: - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hnies/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mh...yu/details/35/

    He said magaera is difficult for him, also keep in mind for council, he's on the AD and for Ji-Kun he's on nests team,
    says he doesn't know why he's doing so poorly compared to everyone else.. .

    Thanks Fix My Dps!

  2. #502
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by cd1131 View Post
    Spec - Survival
    Item Level - 514
    Expectations: - To be keeping up to the dps in our group, 90k+ at least
    Armory Link: - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hnies/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mh...yu/details/35/

    He said magaera is difficult for him, also keep in mind for council, he's on the AD and for Ji-Kun he's on nests team,
    says he doesn't know why he's doing so poorly compared to everyone else.. .

    Thanks Fix My Dps!
    Looking at Megaera....

    First he's using Thrill of the Hunt instead of Fervor or Dire Beast. Arcane Shot should never be his highest damage ability in any case, even if he has Thrill of the Hunt. Arcane Shot is the lowest priority ability regardless of whether it costs 20 or 0 focus...Even of TotH procs, he should be using any other shot off CD over Arcane.

    Without question Explosive Shot on a single target fight should be #1 in damage. What on earth is he doing with Serpent Sting to get his Improved Serpent Sting...it looks like he cast it 70 times...what is this, I don't even...

    Additionally he cast 11 total Kill Shots. At a minimum he should be getting 14, and considering your kill time, I'd suspect he missed even more than that. He cast Black Arrow a total of 7 times in an 8+ minute encounter...the ability has a 30 second CD. He cast Glaive Toss about half as often as he should. He is using Explosive Trap on a single target fight...why? How does he only manage to use Rapid Fire 3x...He should be able to get 5 casts at a minimum.

    If I didn't know any better, I'd guess he was using a single /castsequence macro with all his abilities in it.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-05-19 at 06:33 AM.

  3. #503
    Dreadlord Rocheku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    763
    Forgive me if my question is dropped in the wrong section here, but i recently started playing my hunter again after a long time, got him to about ilvl 481, but i cant seem to find the proper info if BM or SV is top dog?

  4. #504
    Spec- Survival
    Item Level- 491
    Expectations: More dps
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ohunt/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...31/?s=10&e=394
    Femaledwarf Link:http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=12660

    Hi guys. I feel as if my dps is horrendously low for my weapon and ilvl. My dk's offspec ilvl is 500 and I can pull 100k+ on him without issues. I believe I did 160k with him on Jin'rohk the last time I dps'd him. Anyways, I'm looking for any and all help that I can get because I don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty sure I can get more uptime on BA and I know I need to hit glaives more, but I don't think that alone would be a huge boost to my dps. Thanks.
    Last edited by Irefusetodie; 2013-05-19 at 04:46 PM.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

  5. #505
    Quote Originally Posted by cd1131 View Post
    Spec - Survival
    Item Level - 514
    Expectations: - To be keeping up to the dps in our group, 90k+ at least
    Armory Link: - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hnies/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mh...yu/details/35/

    He said magaera is difficult for him, also keep in mind for council, he's on the AD and for Ji-Kun he's on nests team,
    says he doesn't know why he's doing so poorly compared to everyone else.. .

    Thanks Fix My Dps!
    Also tell him to download http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/omni-cc if he doesn't have it already.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  6. #506
    B]Spec[/B] - Beast Mastery
    Item Level - 526
    Expectations: -no idea
    Armory Link: - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...simus/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: - http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/224668/
    Femaledwarf Link: -http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=12922

    Hello there .I'm having trouble doing enough dps for my gear level.As soon as we started hc content , i tend to be below our locks and ele shaman.For example on jin rokh i struggle to go above 190k,while the expectations are 230k + ?Also we farm jin rokh for some time now and i`m doing 180k dps average ,my best kill was 190k, and with the hunter buffs last night i was like 190k again? Any insight will be appreciated.ty
    Last edited by Hyperstomper; 2013-05-23 at 10:53 AM.

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Spec- Survival
    Item Level- 491
    Expectations: More dps
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ohunt/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...31/?s=10&e=394
    Femaledwarf Link:http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=12660

    Hi guys. I feel as if my dps is horrendously low for my weapon and ilvl. My dk's offspec ilvl is 500 and I can pull 100k+ on him without issues. I believe I did 160k with him on Jin'rohk the last time I dps'd him. Anyways, I'm looking for any and all help that I can get because I don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty sure I can get more uptime on BA and I know I need to hit glaives more, but I don't think that alone would be a huge boost to my dps. Thanks.

    You have a couple of issues:

    Too much hit, you can reforge hit into more useful stats.

    You're missing a living steel belt buckle and gems in the buckle as well as the weapon.

    The log doesn't show if you used vermin's bite or any other potion.

    Personally I don't like to use Fervor because of the CD and so I prefer TotH which is enough to take care of the adds in Elegon.

    If you add those gems alone you should gain around 4 K DPS.
    Last edited by Engelszorn; 2013-05-23 at 02:45 PM.

  8. #508
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 526
    Expectations: Generally aiming to get more dps
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%a1nty/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=251&e=519
    Femaledwarf Link: Will add in later, can't get it working at work

    My main aim is to get more dps out of my character, I've probably reached the limit of what I can get from reading guides & such hence leading me to seek out a more tailored response to how I'm playing. I chose Jin'Rokh as it was the only heroic kill last night and with the new patch changes in effect.

    The vast majority of my abilities (ie everything that is used during a standard fight and things that may be used - just the very situational abilities are unbound) are keybound on keys very close together, and my UI is clean and tidy to prevent unnecessary distractions.

  9. #509
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstomper View Post
    B]Spec[/B] - Beast Mastery
    Item Level - 526
    Expectations: -no idea
    Armory Link: - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...simus/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: - http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/224668/
    Femaledwarf Link: -http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=12922

    Hello there .I'm having trouble doing enough dps for my gear level.As soon as we started hc content , i tend to be below our locks and ele shaman.For example on jin rokh i struggle to go above 190k,while the expectations are 230k + ?Also we farm jin rokh for some time now and i`m doing 180k dps average ,my best kill was 190k, and with the hunter buffs last night i was like 190k again? Any insight will be appreciated.ty
    using all agi gems ain't the best way to do it even after the 15% buff to AP, u did 36 KC while I'm counting the maximum amount to be 52 not counting readiness, u did 2 rapid fires when the fight duration should let u to use 3 and ur serpent sting had a 74.4% uptime when it should be close to 100%

    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

  10. #510
    Hi,

    Our hunter cant seem to keep up with the rest of our raiders on dps on any fights (bar tortos when he pewpews the bats as SV) Getting to the point we are swapping him out for lesser geared people because they can do more dps on progress fights. Any advice would be ace!

    Spec - BM (occasionally swaps to SV but BM the majority.)
    Expectations: atleast keeping up with people lesser geared, if not doing well.
    Armory link - eu.battle. net/wow/en/character/alakir/Ta%C3%A9thas/advanced
    Worldoflogs link - worldoflogs .com/reports/41m0wa0tp40r54ei/(first 6 bosses, i wasnt raiding this evening but just a snapshot!)
    Femaleddwarf link - I assume this is a hunter thingybob, I am unfortunately cluessless of you bowed gentlemen so please excuse my lack of such a link!

    Thanks in advance for any improvements/tip tricks!

    P.S Sorry about links, cant post them yet!

  11. #511
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagggy View Post
    Hi,

    Our hunter cant seem to keep up with the rest of our raiders on dps on any fights (bar tortos when he pewpews the bats as SV) Getting to the point we are swapping him out for lesser geared people because they can do more dps on progress fights. Any advice would be ace!

    Spec - BM (occasionally swaps to SV but BM the majority.)
    Expectations: atleast keeping up with people lesser geared, if not doing well.
    Armory link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...9thas/advanced
    Worldoflogs link - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/41m0wa0tp40r54ei/ (first 6 bosses, i wasnt raiding this evening but just a snapshot!)
    Femaleddwarf link - I assume this is a hunter thingybob, I am unfortunately cluessless of you bowed gentlemen so please excuse my lack of such a link!

    Thanks in advance for any improvements/tip tricks!

    P.S Sorry about links, cant post them yet!
    change gem in neck to pure agi, the upgrades he did are kinda bad, he upgraded 2 items 1/2 and both were items he should aim to replace and the stats given are wasted as he's over hit/exp cap, why not upgrading Bad Juju which is BiS after soul-charm (which he doesn't have) instead of valor trinket baffles me.

    checking jin'rokh firsthe's BM and still running AMoC...he's being affected by the no bite bug as he doesn't have blink strikes so his pet did only 15 bites on an almost 3 minute fight

    he missed out on ~9 kill commands on that fight and he didn't use stampede from what I can see

    on Megaera his pet did 0 bites as he was once again AMoC (oh god I hate AMoC on that fight)
    Last edited by shanattah; 2013-05-25 at 09:53 PM.

    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

  12. #512
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,487
    He's massively over hit cap, yet he upgraded his VP hit trinket... Huh?

    On Jin'rokh he should have cast ~28 Kill Commands...he only cast 19. His pet is hardly using its basic attack for some reason. It's also hardly gaining any frenzy stacks. He's not using his big DPS cooldowns intelligently...he used Bestial Wrath on the pull, which made it unavailable during 'lust/heroism.

    Almost all DPS issues outside of gearing/talents are the result of simply not using abilities on cooldown...or using long cooldowns at the wrong times.

  13. #513
    Is glyph of stampede still plain dps loss because of rabid or have blizzard fixed it?

  14. #514
    Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Is glyph of stampede still plain dps loss because of rabid or have blizzard fixed it?
    it's fixed

    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

  15. #515
    Hey guys, just Sin checking in to get some input as to how I'm doing so far. I think for my ilvl (526) I should be doing better. Maybe a rotation issue or something. Input is appreciatedd. Thanks in advance!

    Name: Sindariian
    ilvl: 526
    SPEC: SV
    WOL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...t9h/details/3/
    Last edited by Sindariian; 2013-06-05 at 07:05 PM.

  16. #516
    I just started playing a hunter again after stopping post DS and I wanted to try to get back in to it with the latest patch. I'm feeling pretty weak, I have been seeing hunters in worse gear then me pulling 80k+ steady where i'm at 60k steady. Please help, I love this class but I hate feeling this weak.

    Spec: BM
    Item Level: 493
    Expectations: At least pulling the amount my gear will let me.
    Armory Link:Trollonfire area 52 ( it wont let me place the link)
    Worldoflogs Link: I haven't raided since DS so i dont really have a log here.
    Femaledwarf Link: Iv used this but it confused me to all hell.

  17. #517
    This is like my third post so I hope someone will really take the time to help me maximize my dps I would appreciate it beyond what words can convey.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yaraa/advanced
    Week before last: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...um/damageDone/
    Last week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...um/damageDone/

    My dps is fine for our progression and will continue to be fine but I don't want fine. I want to do the max I can and anything that will increase it that someone can find on ANY fight or gear/reforge/gem changes I'll do it. DPS is like a drug for me and i'm addicted as hell I HAVE to do more so any help would be awesome.

  18. #518
    Quote Originally Posted by lheoric View Post
    This is like my third post so I hope someone will really take the time to help me maximize my dps I would appreciate it beyond what words can convey.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yaraa/advanced
    Week before last: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...um/damageDone/
    Last week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...um/damageDone/

    My dps is fine for our progression and will continue to be fine but I don't want fine. I want to do the max I can and anything that will increase it that someone can find on ANY fight or gear/reforge/gem changes I'll do it. DPS is like a drug for me and i'm addicted as hell I HAVE to do more so any help would be awesome.
    first looking at ur armory, u can change ur gem in the boots for 160 agi and that should be a DPS boost as 60 secondary stats ain't worth the 80 agi ur trading for the stats.

    u can do more kill commands in general from what I can see and ur pet shouldn't really outdamage you even with good KC management, using all globals?

    using stampede? glyphed? if glyphed I guess that'd explain why ur pet outdamage you as if I add my stampede damage to my pet I'd also get outdamaged by it. I'd advice to remove the glyph as ur raid team is lacking some (de)buffs so u get uptime on those things during ur stampede (and however long the (de)buff last) after the cast) which would affect both ur damage and ur raids damage.

    I'm on my laptop and it's not very comfortable so that's all I'll check for now, hope it's some help atleast.

    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

  19. #519
    yes it is glyphed and yes any reply at all does help tyvm. I'll focus on being more efficient on kc and you say missing debufffs but the addon I have doesn't show anything missing so which specifically were we short so I know which pets to put in for stampede? I know one problem I have is getting carried away with arcane shots and sometimes beign forced to delay KC by 1-3 seconds

  20. #520
    on council for example u were missing 10% attack speed 5% magic damage taken, maybe ur addon is out of date and shows boomkins being able to give 5% magic damage taken even though they can't anymore?

    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •