Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
31
39
... LastLast
  1. #561
    Spec BM
    Item Level 527
    Expectations: Compete at the top of my raid dps instead of the bottom
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ABron/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/48yngpg6gqozt5xq/
    There are more logs for other bosses, that's just the most recent kills.

    My raid group gives me crap (lovingly) about my dps, and I'd like to (lovingly) kick their asses at damage. I just got my weapon upgraded after raid, and it's first night with legendary meta gem as well. The only thing I'm noticing is SS drops off occasionally.. I typically pre-pot, pop all my cds, get to a 2nd KC, then pop readiness and do it all again, as buffs fall off. SS falls off here at some point, but I obviously apply it before going back into my rotation.

    My stat priority is Agi > Hit/Exp caps > Crit > Haste > Mastery, my research shows haste is good for RPPM like Bad Juju that I also recently won. Gear is exactly as Femaledwarf shows it, even though I use some different addons to get there.

    I just don't know what else to be doing. I've got keybinds to be quick, I don't spend time derping instead of queueing my next attacks, I don't go above focus cap outside of lust/rapid fire range very often... I just feel like my gear should be getting me higher numbers than it is, hunters have been doing decently this xpac and I feel like I should be competing for top dps, at least if you ignore the beast enh shaman.. but I'm not.

    Any suggestions welcome.

  2. #562
    Spec BM
    Item Level 537
    Expectations: Competing at the top instead of the middle with my current gear
    Armory Link: http: //raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/twisting%20nether/zulmaley/
    Worldoflogs Link: http: //raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/twisting%20nether/zulmaley/
    These contain all of my latest parses

    Well, I recently joined a new guild and basically my trial has come down to my dps being a bit on the low side. We are currently 4 hunters, 2 of which are main raiders and me and another on trial. I'm in dire need of help to boost my dps or I will most likely fail my trialship.

    I'm following all the guides and checking this forum daily so it's not like I'm derping reforging or openeing rotations or anything. What I need help with is going through my logs and finding out what I'm doing wrong!

  3. #563
    Mechagnome Pandorox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    648
    So I'm posting on my guildies behalf. He's a chill guy & I don't want to have to replace. Please help a guy out !
    Spec Surv
    Item Level 510
    Expectations: Atleast 100k dps
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ehunter/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gj...i8l/details/7/

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    So I'm posting on my guildies behalf. He's a chill guy & I don't want to have to replace. Please help a guy out !
    Spec Surv
    Item Level 510
    Expectations: Atleast 100k dps
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ehunter/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gj...i8l/details/7/
    Looking at Iron Qon:

    His personal uptime in comparison to the rest of your raiders is fine. Generally he could do better

    His pet's uptime is a little low. There is no reason it shouldn't have just as much uptime as the hunter himself if not just below

    His Dire Beast was only up 33.9%. 15 seconds per 30 seconds is ideal for Dire Beast. Closer to 50% the better

    He is using aMoC, and his pet is autocasting Dash. Blink Strikes is better, and with BS you can safely turn Dash off autocast (which should be done regardless)

    His ES uptime is below 30% which is pretty poor. ES is priority right below BA > GT/Barr in the rotation

    There was a gap in his Synapse Springs usage. Unless you are BM there is no real reason to hold off on Springs for more than 10seconds (with advanced usage)

    Black Arrow 63.4% is slightly low. Above 70 is good.

    One of the more glaring things is his Glaive Toss usage, averaging 31.29 seconds between GTs. The CD is 15 seconds and it is the 2nd most important in the priority.

    The only worse thing than his GT usage is his SrS uptime, 74.1%. SrS should be in the top 3 DD and he suffered a lot of free damage lost because he was unaware of his dot. This alongside with the suboptimal BA uptime makes me think he isn't displaying debuffs / possibly doesn't know the priority.

  5. #565
    Mechagnome Pandorox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    Looking at Iron Qon:

    His personal uptime in comparison to the rest of your raiders is fine. Generally he could do better

    His pet's uptime is a little low. There is no reason it shouldn't have just as much uptime as the hunter himself if not just below

    His Dire Beast was only up 33.9%. 15 seconds per 30 seconds is ideal for Dire Beast. Closer to 50% the better

    He is using aMoC, and his pet is autocasting Dash. Blink Strikes is better, and with BS you can safely turn Dash off autocast (which should be done regardless)

    His ES uptime is below 30% which is pretty poor. ES is priority right below BA > GT/Barr in the rotation

    There was a gap in his Synapse Springs usage. Unless you are BM there is no real reason to hold off on Springs for more than 10seconds (with advanced usage)

    Black Arrow 63.4% is slightly low. Above 70 is good.

    One of the more glaring things is his Glaive Toss usage, averaging 31.29 seconds between GTs. The CD is 15 seconds and it is the 2nd most important in the priority.

    The only worse thing than his GT usage is his SrS uptime, 74.1%. SrS should be in the top 3 DD and he suffered a lot of free damage lost because he was unaware of his dot. This alongside with the suboptimal BA uptime makes me think he isn't displaying debuffs / possibly doesn't know the priority.
    One thing I noticed was that he's reforging alot of haste. But most reforge priorities I've seen say go crit more.

    What is the haste cap/soft cap for Surv??

  6. #566
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    One thing I noticed was that he's reforging alot of haste. But most reforge priorities I've seen say go crit more.

    What is the haste cap/soft cap for Surv??
    There is no cap per se, but once you acquire an amount of RPPM items (trinkets, 2p, 4p, meta gem) haste edges crit. He has 2 trinkets and 2p, which probably makes them about the same, is there a reason he does not have 4p/LMG?

  7. #567
    Mechagnome Pandorox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    There is no cap per se, but once you acquire an amount of RPPM items (trinkets, 2p, 4p, meta gem) haste edges crit. He has 2 trinkets and 2p, which probably makes them about the same, is there a reason he does not have 4p/LMG?
    Sorry LMG is lost on me. What do you mean? & he's one of our newer raiders . We've just progressed the last 3 bosses this week so our whole raid is still catching up.

  8. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    Sorry LMG is lost on me. What do you mean? & he's one of our newer raiders . We've just progressed the last 3 bosses this week so our whole raid is still catching up.
    Legendary Meta Gem.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  9. #569
    Mechagnome Pandorox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Legendary Meta Gem.
    Ty. My good sir. xD

  10. #570
    Hi Aegle.

    I had similar gear some time ago. With your items you should go with Haste>Crit for sure. Also When going into more haste use Blink Strikes instead of AMoC. Just by doing so you should see like +10k or 15k differents.

    Regards,

  11. #571
    Spec Beastmaster
    Item Level 533 equipped
    Expectations: Ranking or much closer
    Armory Link: //us dot battle dot net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Doozys/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: //www dot worldoflogs dot com/reports/rt-b378nzfit4cgmmgj/

    I for the life of me cannot figure out why my damage is so low. Like last night for example, our twins kill, I'm somewhere around 30k DPS from ranking. This is the first time I've ever done this. I take pride in doing research and figuring it out on my own, but I'm coming up empty. I can't post links, but the addys are there.

    My gemming is a bit all over with haste/crit and I feel like I can't get any closer to exact caps with current gear.

    Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

  12. #572
    Spec BM
    Item Level 530
    Expectations: Unsure when to swap to RPPM build...*
    Armory Link: us dot battle dot net/wow/en/character/blackrock/CTwin/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: raidbots dot com/epeenbot/us/blackrock/ctwin/

    Currently I'm "Default PVE" build according to AMR. I semi-regularly simc my toon to see where i am and where i should be. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to swapping between Glaive Toss/Barrage, and generally don't move from Blink Strikes.

    I changed mains not too long ago (Toon dinged 90 in May) as such i'm behind most in the legendary meta/cloak quest (11/20 secrets with about 8 bosses to kill this week).

    Looking at going to a RPPM build but not sure if i'm geared to benefit from it yet (due to lacking Juju+LMG) - also this is going to be the thing that pushes me to swap to engineering (originally was herb/alch, currently inscript/alch, would move to inscript/engi). I simc reasonably regularly, however i don't believe simc is scripted by default to take advantage of RPPM/haste stacking.

    I'm happy-ish with my dps, obviously it could be better (playing around with readiness dumps atm, getting 3 KC's in the first BW, then 2 in the second) but i'm not sure how much gear vs priority is factoring here.
    Last edited by CTwin; 2013-07-11 at 02:05 AM.

  13. #573
    Not so much fix my dps question but more a random question regarding Hunter cooldowns. Is it worth delaying your Bestial Wrath so it lines up with Rabid? Or would this be considered a DPS loss, because overtime in a fight while you do line up these two cooldowns you could have used Bestial Wrath more often by not delaying it?

  14. #574
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirinya View Post
    Not so much fix my dps question but more a random question regarding Hunter cooldowns. Is it worth delaying your Bestial Wrath so it lines up with Rabid? Or would this be considered a DPS loss, because overtime in a fight while you do line up these two cooldowns you could have used Bestial Wrath more often by not delaying it?
    I use my opening Rabid with BW, and generally speaking every other Rabid after that one lines up with BW. Use every other Rabid on its own. That's just me though

  15. #575
    Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    Looking at Iron Qon:

    His personal uptime in comparison to the rest of your raiders is fine. Generally he could do better

    His pet's uptime is a little low. There is no reason it shouldn't have just as much uptime as the hunter himself if not just below

    His Dire Beast was only up 33.9%. 15 seconds per 30 seconds is ideal for Dire Beast. Closer to 50% the better

    He is using aMoC, and his pet is autocasting Dash. Blink Strikes is better, and with BS you can safely turn Dash off autocast (which should be done regardless)

    His ES uptime is below 30% which is pretty poor. ES is priority right below BA > GT/Barr in the rotation

    There was a gap in his Synapse Springs usage. Unless you are BM there is no real reason to hold off on Springs for more than 10seconds (with advanced usage)

    Black Arrow 63.4% is slightly low. Above 70 is good.

    One of the more glaring things is his Glaive Toss usage, averaging 31.29 seconds between GTs. The CD is 15 seconds and it is the 2nd most important in the priority.

    The only worse thing than his GT usage is his SrS uptime, 74.1%. SrS should be in the top 3 DD and he suffered a lot of free damage lost because he was unaware of his dot. This alongside with the suboptimal BA uptime makes me think he isn't displaying debuffs / possibly doesn't know the priority.
    Just to confirm, BA and GT are both higher in priority than ES? Everywhere I've looked, I've seen ES higher than both.

  16. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmax View Post
    Just to confirm, BA and GT are both higher in priority than ES? Everywhere I've looked, I've seen ES higher than both.
    Run yourself through SimC, find the DPS of each ability. Since they are all instant, you can figure out the priority for yourself. I guess since I last changed my gearset it moved ES above GT by 2.5k dmg.
    Last edited by D R E A D E D; 2013-07-14 at 03:57 AM.

  17. #577
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Córdoba, Argentina
    Posts
    54
    Spec: SV
    ilvl: 530 at the time with LFR renataki
    Expectations: I'm pretty sure i should be doing a lot more damage with the pools buffs, since I never get the ionization debuff and can stay a bit longer than everyone on the pools, also i did 175k dps as BM on twins last week
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Oram/advanced
    logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=2380&e=2706 (I'm mostly intrested on H jin rokh, i got d/c before tortos and forgot to turn them on again for H Ji kun)

    Checking my logs I see that my SS uptime was awful and my BA and ES uptimes seems quite high. Other than that i don't know what else to look for. Any help will be apreciated

  18. #578
    Quote Originally Posted by nicocba View Post
    Spec: SV
    ilvl: 530 at the time with LFR renataki
    Expectations: I'm pretty sure i should be doing a lot more damage with the pools buffs, since I never get the ionization debuff and can stay a bit longer than everyone on the pools, also i did 175k dps as BM on twins last week
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Oram/advanced
    logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=2380&e=2706 (I'm mostly intrested on H jin rokh, i got d/c before tortos and forgot to turn them on again for H Ji kun)

    Checking my logs I see that my SS uptime was awful and my BA and ES uptimes seems quite high. Other than that i don't know what else to look for. Any help will be apreciated
    Yeah first thing I notice was the SS uptime. You don't seem to be using fervor much, and are missing out on a lot of arcane shots. On my 4:18 kill I gained 868 focus from fervor. On your 5:26 kill you gained 562 focus from fervor. I cast 67 arcane shots, and you cast 53 even though your fight was over a minute longer. We also have the same amount of glaive toss casts, so you're not using that on cooldown. Black arrow uptime could be higher. Don't see any other glaring issues from a quick glance.

    Fixing serpent sting alone would add over 10k dps.

  19. #579
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Córdoba, Argentina
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Yeah first thing I notice was the SS uptime. You don't seem to be using fervor much, and are missing out on a lot of arcane shots. On my 4:18 kill I gained 868 focus from fervor. On your 5:26 kill you gained 562 focus from fervor. I cast 67 arcane shots, and you cast 53 even though your fight was over a minute longer. We also have the same amount of glaive toss casts, so you're not using that on cooldown. Black arrow uptime could be higher. Don't see any other glaring issues from a quick glance.

    Fixing serpent sting alone would add over 10k dps.
    Thanks for the tips, I'll work on it

  20. #580
    Spec BM and Survival
    Item Level 546
    Expectations: Higher Consistent Log Rankings
    Armory Link: Thalin
    Worldoflogs Link: Most Recent Raid Log
    Femaledwarf Link: Current BM DPS

    Hi everyone, first off I just want to say thanks for the great hunter community here on MMOChamp, it's become a great place to come for tips, news and all things hunter related. Anyhow, I'm in a decent guild and have decent gear and I feel like I'm a pretty strong player overall. My play certainly isn't perfect and I know my gear facilitates a large amount of how successful log ranking can be, but I want to be better. I want to play at the top of my game and I want to be competitive at the high levels that hunters play at in the top of the charts. I know we have several top hunters among the ranks here at MMO champ and I'm mostly looking for a little help and guidance.

    I've tried looking at many of the higher ranking logs and tried to decipher them, but I find the log browser extremely difficult to read through and digest. So, any help at making that part of the process through tips or know how would be incredibly appreciated. For the most part, I'd love to be able to look at a top parse and be able to see when certain abilities are used during an encounter, ie. what is used on the pull for Jin'rohk vs. what is saved for the first pool damage increase. Things like this would really go a long way in helping me tailor my play to squeeze out the most dps I possibly can.

    Last night on our Durumu Heroic 25man kill, I thought I did exceptionally well placing 4th over in dps on the encounter only to discover I didn't rank at all. I feel like I must be doing something wrong during the encounter to have not ranked at all. Maybe SS fell off or maybe holding BW a bit for the second Ice Wall was a bad call. I realized after the fact that I didn't use my five minute cooldowns a second time on the actual kill attempt. DOH! Again, I certainly don't play perfect and I'm not exempt from some pretty stupid mistakes like this one in particular.

    In the end, I'm just looking to better myself as a hunter and want to be as good as I possible can be. I'm not expecting any miracle tips, but maybe some obvious signs that I may be missing. Thanks for taking the time to read and any and all help is welcome and certainly appreciated! Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •