Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
39
40
48
... LastLast
  1. #741
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 567
    Expectations: 325k is my Simcraft Score, So as close to that as possible.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Eremor/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=4429&e=4715 [Malkorok Heroic Kill]
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/

    Had some bad luck on the Malkorok Heroic Kill, with lots of shit targeted on me and had to wait ages for LnL during the opener. I just wanna know any improvements I can make at all, my DPS feels low for my gear at the moment, maybe it isnt that bad, Female Dwarf sims me at like 300k which is what Im getting but I still think it would be possible for me to do more.

    Any Advice is Massivley helpful, Thanks in advance.

    -Eremor

  2. #742
    BM
    iLVL: 561
    Expectations:To atleast hold a steady 260k+ dps throughout most of my fights....but most of all Garrosh
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dretwaz/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=9308&e=9903
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=19446

    I'm very confused as to what I may be doing incorrectly. I've been browsing the forums casually, and reading certain articles. Finally a friend of mine has convinced to start a post here. I know I'm just starting to get comfortable with being a BM but I know I'm not doing something correctly. A lot of fights I watch other BM hunters in my guild pass me up in numbers by a pretty large amount and they have a much lower item level than me. I just dont think I'm pulling the numbers I should be pulling.

    Here are other boss fights that I do as well:
    Iron Juggs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=3759&e=4064
    Protectors: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8.../?s=706&e=1007
    Nazgrim: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=6349&e=6628

    I have a hard time with Nazgrim, and Norushen. Any advice, hints, tips, scolds, and verbal punishment would be greatly appreciated :P

  3. #743
    Quote Originally Posted by xmattblackx View Post
    BM

    I'm very confused as to what I may be doing incorrectly. I've been browsing the forums casually, and reading certain articles. Finally a friend of mine has convinced to start a post here. I know I'm just starting to get comfortable with being a BM but I know I'm not doing something correctly. A lot of fights I watch other BM hunters in my guild pass me up in numbers by a pretty large amount and they have a much lower item level than me. I just dont think I'm pulling the numbers I should be pulling.

    Here are other boss fights that I do as well:
    Iron Juggs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=3759&e=4064
    Protectors: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8.../?s=706&e=1007
    Nazgrim: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...?s=6349&e=6628

    I have a hard time with Nazgrim, and Norushen. Any advice, hints, tips, scolds, and verbal punishment would be greatly appreciated :P
    Quick browse over Iron Jugg, you cast 33 KCs, fight was 5:05, which would allow for ~50 KCs.

    The other BM hunter Haygirlhayy had 80 Cobra Shots, 87 Arcane Shots 39 Kill Commands, you had 51 Cobra Shots, 65 Arcane shots, and 33 Kill Commands.

    He has approximately only 1k more haste than you, so the only conclusion is you are out of range of the boss for FAR too long, or you are just not pressing buttons for extended periods of time, which you should focus on fixing.

    Also maybe you should try SV since you have 4pc and haromms.

    My Stream from 8CST-1CST on Tuesdays (rarely), and other randum stuff.
    PIKA

  4. #744
    Quote Originally Posted by Eremor View Post
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 567
    Expectations: 325k is my Simcraft Score, So as close to that as possible.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Eremor/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=4429&e=4715 [Malkorok Heroic Kill]
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/

    Had some bad luck on the Malkorok Heroic Kill, with lots of shit targeted on me and had to wait ages for LnL during the opener. I just wanna know any improvements I can make at all, my DPS feels low for my gear at the moment, maybe it isnt that bad, Female Dwarf sims me at like 300k which is what Im getting but I still think it would be possible for me to do more.

    Any Advice is Massivley helpful, Thanks in advance.

    -Eremor
    Just curious, why r u not using AoC and Haroms as u r SV? those 2 trinks r beast for SV. AoC is BiS for any hunter if my knowledge is right. It grants u 100% uptime on Black arrow, means more LnL for u. that alone can increase ur dps by some amount.

  5. #745
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    Just curious, why r u not using AoC and Haroms as u r SV? those 2 trinks r beast for SV. AoC is BiS for any hunter if my knowledge is right. It grants u 100% uptime on Black arrow, means more LnL for u. that alone can increase ur dps by some amount.
    Totally Aware of that, But I dont have either of those trinkets to use. RNG is a bitch

  6. #746
    Quote Originally Posted by Eremor View Post
    Totally Aware of that, But I dont have either of those trinkets to use. RNG is a bitch
    Meh! As i saw u r a proud owner of a Heroic weapon, i thought u r one of the lucky person to have the trinks as well

  7. #747
    I suspected something like that I just needed more direction. I also think I'm not doing Garrosh correctly by not aoe-ing. I need kind of a run through on Garrosh on what i should be doing, i know the mechanics just dont know what to do dmg wise.

  8. #748
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,158
    You shouldn't bother with the weapons imo, let the locks/boomkins gain embers/starsurge procs off them.

    But I would definitely cleave off the adds. There's really no point in DPSing them beyond 30% though, since that's when the ironstar will kill them.

  9. #749
    Hi guys, making a post on behalf of a new hunter in our guild who is willing to learn and looking for advice. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hubaa/advanced is the armory link.

    Most recent logs are found at http://worldoflogs.com/reports/dohdwhu2xj8u8jaa/ where was present for Dark Shamans/Nazgrim/Spoils fights only.

    I'm a monk and have no idea on advice for him, so please assist in giving him some helpful feedback!

  10. #750
    Hey guys I'm rewriting this as never got any feedback before.

    Still having DPS problems and I am pretty far behind the others hunters. I know my character is capable of doing a lot more than I am doing.

    Armoury - http :/ /eu .battle. net/wow/en/character /auchindoun/Lexx%C3%A9/advanced

    Logs from most recent raid - http :/ /www .worldoflogs. com/reports/ rt-6jhfsdwe5sgajymr/

    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am currently only being taken to raids as a last resort when there is no one else.

    P.S. There are spaces on the links as I can't post them

  11. #751
    Hi Guys!

    Last thok kill record: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=5567&e=6102

    My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aztrix/simple

    i believe i can do better. so any pointer is much appreciated

    Thanks! and Happy Holidays!

  12. #752
    Aztrix, I would swap gemming on yellow gems to agi crit, and reforge as much as you can to crit.

    Your uptime for SS and BA on Thok is pretty low for normal, heroic I can understand letting it drop off during the pustules phase. I manage to keep 92.5% uptime on BA, and 77.2% uptime on heroic for instance. Focus on keeping those up they are a HUGE boon for you. I myself sometimes see SS drop off when I get a lucky proc streak of ES.

    You did not double pot, which could have added a bit more.

    I think working on those things will give you a bit higher damage output the next time you down Thok.

  13. #753
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne13 View Post
    Aztrix, I would swap gemming on yellow gems to agi crit, and reforge as much as you can to crit.

    Your uptime for SS and BA on Thok is pretty low for normal, heroic I can understand letting it drop off during the pustules phase. I manage to keep 92.5% uptime on BA, and 77.2% uptime on heroic for instance. Focus on keeping those up they are a HUGE boon for you. I myself sometimes see SS drop off when I get a lucky proc streak of ES.

    You did not double pot, which could have added a bit more.

    I think working on those things will give you a bit higher damage output the next time you down Thok.
    Thanks Rayne, i will keep that in mind when i spec to SV. Though i have moved to BM, from SV. i wasn't having much luck in ES streak, on avg. like 4.

  14. #754
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Hi guys, making a post on behalf of a new hunter in our guild who is willing to learn and looking for advice. is the armory link.

    Most recent logs are found at where was present for Dark Shamans/Nazgrim/Spoils fights only.

    I'm a monk and have no idea on advice for him, so please assist in giving him some helpful feedback!
    Just looking at their Armory, their ilvl is fine for normal modes, but the actual pieces themselves are pretty horrible. Surv will benefit hugely from gaining their 4pc set bonus (legs as off piece from norushen). AoC trinket from Sha will also boost SV DPS dramatically due to being able to keep 100% uptime on Black Arrow allowing for a lot more procs (this combined with the 4pc is major).

    They are currently 3.2% over the hit cap without being able to actually drop any more through reforging, and regemming those blue sockets won't give them a boost due to the socket bonus' actually being worth while even if you are wasting them hit stats (belt/chest/helm).

    The logs aren't great to deduce how well this person is playing due to the 3 specific fights they are in on, I'll use spoils for now. Only casting 3 kill shots on spoils when mobs are constantly dropping below 20%, should be much higher and should be their top priority spell whenever possible. Uptime on both Black Arrow (18.7%) and Serpent Sting (32.8%) should both be higher. Serpent Sting can be applied via multishot, which they should be using to apply SS assuming there is more then 1 target present in range. Black Arrow should be applied as close to on CD as possible, providing the target will survive the majority of its duration, so the large and medium crate mobs. The hunters active time (86.6%) compared to your mages (93.2%), this fight isn't the greatest for maxing this, but increaing it will always net you a DPS increase. In a 6m55s fight they only cast Rapid Fire once. Without AoC its a 3minute CD, but with the 2 pc lowering it's CD they should realistically be looking at getting in 3 maybe 4 casts of this. Looks like farm content so maybe you aren't requiring your raiders to use them, but no pots were used. For SV in general I tend to use Fervor > DB as well, especially for this particular fight where pets spend more time mob changing then they do damaging anything.

    Gear alone will be a huge increase in DPS, but there is a bunch of things for them to work on also. Hope this helps.

  15. #755
    I was hoping someone could take a look through my recent logs to see how i'm doing and give some tips (i definitely think i'm under performing on AoE fights and such)

    www(dot)worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/w2xrew9rq7jz9nqw/
    and
    www(dot)worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/2s7leq1nqnzijja1/

    I'm not in all the fights because i switch out to let people in who actually need gear from stuff so i don't have a log for Sha and Galakras unfortunately, obviously i'm the hunter.

    armoury:eu(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Arrowstorm/advanced

    Sorry about the links inconvenience i'm a new member

    also i know about BIS gearing and such i'm just using the best i've been able to get so far
    Last edited by The D; 2014-01-12 at 08:34 AM.

  16. #756
    Spec: SV
    Item Level 550
    Expectations: Not sure (theoretically 245K from female dwarf)
    Armory Link: eu(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/Echøes/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: www(dot)warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/L9W7MdY6XfZghwNP#fight=1 (iron juggenaut 10N)
    Femaledwarf Link: N/A

    I don't have yet the legenday cap nor the metagem (yeah I'm slow at these things). I guess I'm ok but if you guys see something I can improve on just let me know.

    Thanks

  17. #757
    Quote Originally Posted by echoesjenkins View Post
    Spec: SV
    Item Level 550
    Expectations: Not sure (theoretically 245K from female dwarf)
    Armory Link: eu(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/Echøes/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: www(dot)warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/L9W7MdY6XfZghwNP#fight=1 (iron juggenaut 10N)
    Femaledwarf Link: N/A

    I don't have yet the legenday cap nor the metagem (yeah I'm slow at these things). I guess I'm ok but if you guys see something I can improve on just let me know.

    Thanks
    Hi,
    If you have a HC ToT tirnket or Ebon Flex, i would try with a Haste > Mastery > Crit Beastmastery build. It will give you around the same surstained DPS (or 1-2% less) but a lot more burst which will come in handy when your guild comes to Siegecrafter and your Raid Leader will order you on the belt. A Haste/Mastery BM build will also come in handy on Paragons on Garrosh where burst is needet on certain Paragons / in phase 3 on Garrosh.

    On thok SV is probably still your best bet for which your gear setup is fine. For survival i would pick Thrill of The Hunt and Glaive toss instead of your current talents - for Thok at least. And and swap in barage on fx immerseus, sha, galakras, shamans and spoils.

    /azylo

  18. #758
    Spec BM
    Item Level 566
    Expectations: Simcraft was 335,867
    Armory Link: us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Teilla/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: www(dot)worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/8ejnktj7glbnmusv/rankinfo/
    Femaledwarf Link:

    I started raiding in DS.. I keep being told im doing okay but I could be doing a lot better... what do I need to change or "fix"?

  19. #759
    Spec : BM
    Item lvl - was 558 at the time of raid - now 562
    Expectations - Simcraft shows now 307k - would be ok if i will get smth like it
    Armory link: eu(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Redchoiice/advanced
    World of logs link : www(dot)worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/z9v0odxv8lccrilv/details/39/?s=9841&e=10068 - Malkorok 25 N

    I just wonder why the hell im doing 230k and the other hunter ( 4 lvl higer ) is doing 305k :/ I didnt progress much after wotlk so maybe there are some new things (like manual scorpion poison usage in tbc ;< )
    Anyway im using KC on every CD, trying to use it on BW. On opening im using Stampede + BW + Crows + Rapid fire - when i have cd on KC /Glaive toss i spam Arcane shot.

    Should i spam AS on rapid fire or spam CS then even if focus capped?

    My reforge is Crit > haste > mastery when hit and exp capped.

    Ah and is ThrilOftheHunt so bad that Dire beast is better? Since more AS = more rapid fire :/


    thx a lot

  20. #760
    Quote Originally Posted by BecauseItsRED View Post
    Spec : BM
    Item lvl - was 558 at the time of raid - now 562
    Expectations - Simcraft shows now 307k - would be ok if i will get smth like it
    Armory link: eu(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Redchoiice/advanced
    World of logs link : www(dot)worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/z9v0odxv8lccrilv/details/39/?s=9841&e=10068 - Malkorok 25 N

    I just wonder why the hell im doing 230k and the other hunter ( 4 lvl higer ) is doing 305k :/ I didnt progress much after wotlk so maybe there are some new things (like manual scorpion poison usage in tbc ;< )
    Anyway im using KC on every CD, trying to use it on BW. On opening im using Stampede + BW + Crows + Rapid fire - when i have cd on KC /Glaive toss i spam Arcane shot.

    Should i spam AS on rapid fire or spam CS then even if focus capped?

    My reforge is Crit > haste > mastery when hit and exp capped.

    Ah and is ThrilOftheHunt so bad that Dire beast is better? Since more AS = more rapid fire :/


    thx a lot
    did u set proper option on simcraft as well as ur latency? during the simulation, u should set those options. by default sim sets all buffs, low latency and such + it sets player skill lvl higher. the latency alone can cause u lose good dps. around 400ms latency, i lost about 15k ~ 18k dps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •