Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hello there guys, first post here.

Mainly asking for a reforge/optimization tip. Here goes Armory -- us.battle.net [SPACE] /wow/en/character/smolderthorn/Grafitte/advanced -- and FemaleDwarf -- ?setting_id=58637 -- links. Consider spec 2 (single-target spec), spec 1 is used for AoE only.

Not saying that my technique is perfect by any stretch (in fact, I fail to keep ISS and SrS up at all times, they drop a few times per fight and I'm working on that), but for now I'm focusing on optimization. PLEASE disregard the Arathar, the Eye of the Flame [Haste > Mastery] reforge. Was making an experiment late night yesterday and misclicked, will rollback.

I'll organize questions in topics to facilitate responses:

1) Mr.Robot suggests that I remove the Ranged weapon reforge (like I said up there), and swap the two yellow gems on Gloves and Feet for Delicate Inferno Rubys. That seems to be correct from what I simulated on FemaleDwarf, would that be right?

2) EJ suggests a 12.93% haste goal. I was very near that number with 3/3 Pathing before I obtained two pieces of gear yesterday (Waist and tier Legs), but now my numbers are totally off. Removing the Ranged reforge and keeping the 3/3 Pathing gives 16.6% Haste. I'd like to lower that number to the 12.93% goal, but I'm not finding an easy way to do it. I simulated lowering Pathing to 0/3 (bringing Haste to 13.21%) and redistributing the points to max out Sic'Em, Bestial Discipline and Frenzy, but that simulated a DPS loss, actually. I've tried doing some rough reforge calculations, but it seems all the gear that can be reforged out of Haste can only give Hit or Mastery, which would be non-optimal I think. So, what would be the best way to solve this issue?

3) It seems that the RF glyph would be better than CS glyph at these higher Haste levels, would that be correct? And additionally, are there any further optimizations I'm not seeing there?

Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers!

Gunba,

Just curious, but how are you seeing the health percentage at which people are using Chimera Shot? I've been messing around with the WoL expression editor trying to figure it out but I can't seem to display target health. I found a question on Google with someone asking something similar for Chimaeron healing and the response was that it's not currently possible to check it, but that post was in January. Are you even using the expression editor for that or is it getting plotted elsewhere which I haven't seen?

Some really good info in this thread, mainly thanks to you. People should really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by seymourclearly View Post
    I've been messing around with the WoL expression editor trying to figure it out but I can't seem to display target health. I found a question on Google with someone asking something similar for Chimaeron healing and the response was that it's not currently possible to check it, but that post was in January. Are you even using the expression editor for that or is it getting plotted elsewhere which I haven't seen?
    I use the log browser and look at when SS and AIS stop critting 100% of the time. Probably not the best way to do it. Sometimes it's just guesswork (like Baleroc Heroic is at about 80-85% 30s in for most guilds. There is no way to get a concrete health value, you just have to look at environmental factors and make an assumption.

1) Mr.Robot suggests that I remove the Ranged weapon reforge (like I said up there), and swap the two yellow gems on Gloves and Feet for Delicate Inferno Rubys. That seems to be correct from what I simulated on FemaleDwarf, would that be right?
    Unless you are gaining a 20 Agi or 30 Secondary bonus you want to gem +40 agi.

2) EJ suggests a 12.93% haste goal. I was very near that number with 3/3 Pathing before I obtained two pieces of gear yesterday (Waist and tier Legs), but now my numbers are totally off. Removing the Ranged reforge and keeping the 3/3 Pathing gives 16.6% Haste. I'd like to lower that number to the 12.93% goal, but I'm not finding an easy way to do it. I simulated lowering Pathing to 0/3 (bringing Haste to 13.21%) and redistributing the points to max out Sic'Em, Bestial Discipline and Frenzy, but that simulated a DPS loss, actually. I've tried doing some rough reforge calculations, but it seems all the gear that can be reforged out of Haste can only give Hit or Mastery, which would be non-optimal I think. So, what would be the best way to solve this issue?
    I highly doubt your gear is preventing you from obtaining 1235 considering I am able to obtain this low haste in ~395 gear on the PTR. Looking at your armory, it seems you have solved this yourself? Note that there are other options in terms of haste values (1850 for instance). Looking at your reforging right now it is actually very good.

3) It seems that the RF glyph would be better than CS glyph at these higher Haste levels, would that be correct? And additionally, are there any further optimizations I'm not seeing there?
    I don't think the value of RF vs CS is largely dependent on your haste at all. It's more dependant on how well you can utilize CS glyph in practice (low latency helps), and more importantly, what you want out of the glyph. Having RF glyphed means more burst damage and this might be better for a fight like Ragnaros but not as good for a fight like Baleroc. 1235 haste tends to be flexible towards either glyph though so you could just reglyph before encounters.

As for other optimizations, looking at your armory alone, you are missing a point in Sic 'Em for some reason (there is no excuse for this) and don't have Nitro Boosts (again, no excuse). Being a dwarf is probably less than ideal as well (by about 300-400dps?) since Blizzard seem to hate dwarves and troll them every time PTR is up by converting guns into bows or crossbows. You should also have Raptor Strike glyph.

Thanks man, that's how I've been doing it but I wondered if there was a more accurate way.

great thread guys,keep it up

SpecMM
    Item Level388
    Expectations:25k+ dps on Ragnaros H and better dps on most fights (my average latency is around 200)
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Thamyor/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...s=9703&e=10247
    Femaledwarf Link:
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamyor View Post
    SpecMM
    Item Level388
    Expectations:25k+ dps on Ragnaros H and better dps on most fights (my average latency is around 200)
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Thamyor/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...s=9703&e=10247
    Femaledwarf Link:
    -Racechange to a decent raiding race like Troll or Orc. This is a huge DPS gain.
    -Get closer to hit cap. Being slightly under doesn't sim as a big deal but it will be in practice when you miss CS and don't notice
    -Reforge down to 1235 haste. You have so much haste that you are sacrificing crit
    -Swap all of your pets to 1/2 Wild Hunt and 1/2 Shark Attack.
    -Talent into Marked for Death if at all possible since you are a 10man hunter, 1 point in Termination and 1 point in Trueshot Aura probably aren't as important
    -That purple gem in your belt is a dps loss. Swap it to a red gem.
    -200 latency will not stop you from getting world top 10 parses. Make sure you are using Spell Queueing and spam your keys. Don't wait for shots.

Ragnaros Log:
    -Don't use Serpent Sting until 90%. You have too much haste to do this anyway.
    -You first used Rapid Fire VERY late. This will cost you another RF later in the fight.
    -There is a big delay between your CS casts. Do a better job of managing focus.
    -You used Kill Command for some reason - don't
    -Don't use AiS when you have no Rapid Fire or Bloodlust, only use it for procs
    -You are only getting 4 multishots on the adds. You can target them BEFORE they explode.
    -Swap off the Lava Scions as soon as Ragnaros comes up
    -Make sure you are not using Rapid Fire while Engulfing is up
    -I see that you do meteors, don't expect to get a good parse while doing this
    -Don't macro wing clip into disengage, you will just waste GCDs
    -You spend a lot of time doing absolutely nothing. Make better use of your GCDs

Do you have any other more single target orientated logs? It's very hard to evaluate uptimes and stuff on a fight like Rag especially when you are wiping and doing meteors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spec MM
    Item Level 379
    Expectations: FD says 31k on Baleroc type fights and I'd like to get close to that.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tyadead/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xswjam0s73agtyhd/
    Femaledwarf Link: N/A

To start with I know I should be pulling well more than I currently do on all fights, but I'm not quite sure why I'm not. I do know I need to reforge my trinket, I just didn't have a chance to fix that before I had to leave for work today. The WoL log is from a few weeks back and I have upgraded a few pieces of gear since then, most notably my 2pc T13, but mostly it's all the same. I just am underperforming and I don't know why.

I do the normal CA phase, Aimed and Steady during RF, Readiness and repeat.
    Normal phase I was using SrS > CS > SSx2 > AiS > SSx2 > CS (Possibly an AS here if there was more than 1s CD left)
    Execute phase I use same rotation but I put the Kill shot in there as often as it's off CD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to be a competitive raider.

Spec BM
    Item Level 346
    Expectations: Any Help
    Armory Link: battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Mantriz/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: None
    Femaledwarf Link: femaledwarf[dot]com/?setting_id=60632

Ok so, I am not a raider yet, but I am working on getting there. I have been booted a few times from randoms for having low DPS. Femaledwarf says that between my pet and I, I should have a 16k total DPS output. While I know I am missing some gems, and I dont have any enchants, my DPS is only half of what FD.com says it should be. I guess the point of my post is I dont guess I know how to put out 16k DPS. I use kill command when its up, I use hunters mark, I dont melee, I use serpent sting for the dot, I use BW when its up, I use rapid fire when BW is not up. My pet is Shockfang so you can see he is spec'd for dps.

What am I doing wrong? What should the best rotation be to help max out my DPS? I want to be able to get the most out of my character and actually not be the bottom of the DPS list every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Spec MM
    Item Level 379
    Expectations: FD says 31k on Baleroc type fights and I'd like to get close to that.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tyadead/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xswjam0s73agtyhd/
    Femaledwarf Link: N/A

To start with I know I should be pulling well more than I currently do on all fights, but I'm not quite sure why I'm not. I do know I need to reforge my trinket, I just didn't have a chance to fix that before I had to leave for work today. The WoL log is from a few weeks back and I have upgraded a few pieces of gear since then, most notably my 2pc T13, but mostly it's all the same. I just am underperforming and I don't know why.

I do the normal CA phase, Aimed and Steady during RF, Readiness and repeat.
    Normal phase I was using SrS > CS > SSx2 > AiS > SSx2 > CS (Possibly an AS here if there was more than 1s CD left)
    Execute phase I use same rotation but I put the Kill shot in there as often as it's off CD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to be a competitive raider.
    Your RF´s are compleetely random, on baleroc in the log you linked you used 2 and the first one was when the boss were around 80-70% hp and the other when the boss were at around 30ish %, you should have used 2 at the start while spamming aimed and steady until 90% and use the 2nd pair when it gets of CD.
    You switched out of hawk for fox for 19.5% of the fight without taking any dmg and its not on HC so i dont understand why you had to move.
    Pretty much the only good thing you did was keeping ISS and serpent sting up.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kolamer View Post
    Spec BM
    Item Level 346
    Expectations: Any Help
    Armory Link: battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Mantriz/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: None
    Femaledwarf Link: femaledwarf[dot]com/?setting_id=60632

Ok so, I am not a raider yet, but I am working on getting there. I have been booted a few times from randoms for having low DPS. Femaledwarf says that between my pet and I, I should have a 16k total DPS output. While I know I am missing some gems, and I dont have any enchants, my DPS is only half of what FD.com says it should be. I guess the point of my post is I dont guess I know how to put out 16k DPS. I use kill command when its up, I use hunters mark, I dont melee, I use serpent sting for the dot, I use BW when its up, I use rapid fire when BW is not up. My pet is Shockfang so you can see he is spec'd for dps.

What am I doing wrong? What should the best rotation be to help max out my DPS? I want to be able to get the most out of my character and actually not be the bottom of the DPS list every time.
    Very hard to see without a log what you are doing wrong, even tho you say that you do all that its close to impossible to find out if its true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Your RF´s are compleetely random, on baleroc in the log you linked you used 2 and the first one was when the boss were around 80-70% hp and the other when the boss were at around 30ish %, you should have used 2 at the start while spamming aimed and steady until 90% and use the 2nd pair when it gets of CD.
    You switched out of hawk for fox for 19.5% of the fight without taking any dmg and its not on HC so i dont understand why you had to move.
    Pretty much the only good thing you did was keeping ISS and serpent sting up.
    The 19.5% for fox was because I started in fox and realized that I needed to swap to Hawk when I noticed it. The rapid fires are completely random because I had not at that time learned how to start the fights with the RF rotation, which I do follow now quite sucessfully. Other than those mishaps is there any other insight that can be given to help increase my potential?

Spec: MM
    Item Level: 376
    Expectations: 26k + Ultraxion
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zkull/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=7925&e=8272 (We wiped all attempts)
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=61453

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. My DPS changes every attempt ranging from 22k-25k. And I am barely able to get to 25k. Please help me figure out what I need to do..

Thanks.

Looking at the various guides, they all assume an ideal world where latency is between 0-100ms. When i plug in my latency (300-700ms) i'm given a target haste rating that just isnt achievable without gutting crit. Is there a recommendation of how hunters with high latency should weight their stats?

Deleted
    Spec: Beast Mastery
    Item Level: 391
    Expectations: Closer to 35k on Ultraxion
    Armory Link: In my signature.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...=13625&e=13955
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=61952

Looking for clues to what I'm missing, since I sim at around 35k DPS at femaledwarf.
    Any constructional feedback is welcome.

Spec MM
    Item Level 388 Equipped
    Expectations: 42k + on Madness of Deathwing
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Afraidofguns/advanced (My primary raiding spec is the 2nd one)
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/2bbhkzkd73yg916g/?s=15048&e=15751
    Femaledwarf Link: femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=62180

(can't post links yet, sorry )

The World of logs link is for a Madness attempt where we almost got him to phase 2, I think i might of messed up female dwarf cause i know i can pull more then what it wrote. My dps right now is lower then a bunch of people in my raid but im close to highest or highest IL, i know im doing something wrong, but I really don't know what is it.

Spec MM
    Item Level 388
    Expectations: 42k + on Madness
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Afraidofguns/advanced
    (Can't post links yet sorry )

My dps has always been subpar compared to others in my group and I've always been higher geared then them. I know i've been doing some things wrong, i tried changing but it didn't help much. My dps had been fine to get me through FL but now in DS my DPS had been much lower then it should have been and i have no idea whats wrong with it. If i cant fix it i might be kicked out of my raiding spot D:
    The world of logs link is to a Madness of Deathwing attempt that was almost got to P2 / P5 (however you look at it) in.

Spec MM
    Item Level 383
    Expectations: 30k +
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Felthunn/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/jws27uqpqmn7d25g/details/12/?enc=bosses&boss=55294

My dps is always been subpar compared to others in my group. My dps has been fine to get me through FL initially but even in FL I am unable to break the 30K mark but now in DS my DPS is much worse then it should be and i have no idea what I am doing wrong to have such a low dps.

The world of logs link is to a Ultraxion attempts.

Can you please have a look and advise me on what I am doing wrong. My Latency averages around 220ms

Thanks
    Last edited by sandman153; 2011-12-11 at 11:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim4thebullsye View Post
    Spec MM
    Item Level 388
    Expectations: 42k + on Madness
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Afraidofguns/advanced

My dps has always been subpar compared to others in my group and I've always been higher geared then them. I know i've been doing some things wrong, i tried changing but it didn't help much. My dps had been fine to get me through FL but now in DS my DPS had been much lower then it should have been and i have no idea whats wrong with it. If i cant fix it i might be kicked out of my raiding spot D:
    The world of logs link is to a Madness of Deathwing attempt that was almost got to P2 / P5 (however you look at it) in.

The log shows you had an uptime of 72% for Aspect of the Hawk, the only other aspect I can find is cheetah. Don't cast cheetah, it doesn't stack with the buff provided by Thrall.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sandman153 View Post
    Spec MM
    Item Level 383
    Expectations: 30k +
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Felthunn/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/jws27uqpqmn7d25g/details/12/?enc=bosses&boss=55294

My dps is always been subpar compared to others in my group. My dps has been fine to get me through FL initially but even in FL I am unable to break the 30K mark but now in DS my DPS is much worse then it should be and i have no idea what I am doing wrong to have such a low dps.

The world of logs link is to a Ultraxion attempts.

Can you please have a look and advise me on what I am doing wrong. My Latency averages around 220ms

Thanks
    I can't find Aspect of the Hawk - in fact, it seems you didn't cast any aspect for all trys?

You aren't hitcapped. 5,8% is enough for PvP but not for PvE.

You're missing enchants, gems.

Deleted
    I'm currently trying to optimize my DPS for madness aswell, already had some feedback for things i'm doing wrong in general but i got a question..
    For Madness of Deathwing, is it worthwhile to cast Serpent String on Deathwing just before i'm switching to the Tenticle? Knowing that the buff will drop off?

Also is it a dps increase to switch to Survival for this fight if you dont have Tier13 set bonus yet? (i cant respec/reforge back/forth to test this out due to gold problems)

Deleted
    hey guys!

Spec
    Code:
    Marksmanship
    Item Level
    Code:
    Expectations:
    Code:
    More DPS overall, optimizing Rotation not beeing last one in DPS meter :(
    Armory Link:
    Code:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Gul'dan/Nerah/simple

Please note that the wrist and bow are new due to the raid on sunday

i used 378 valor point wrists and 391 Firelands Heroic Crossbow from rhyolith
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Code:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iep8z4y8l7f7qwmt/

Link from sunday, complete Dragon Soul Instance
    Femaledwarf Link:
    Code:
    I dont get any specific link if i import my character into the calculation

femaledwarf.com
    Nerah
    Gul'dan
    Pet name: Mischa

Please for the love of god, fill it in yourself, i dont know why the link isnt changing in my browser. You will get an error, that my pants enchant 
    (using the one from leatherworking) is not correct. fix it yourself with the 190ap/55crit enchant
    My Shot rotation:

Serpent Sting --> Chimera Shot --> Aimed Shot --> Focus regen with 4-5x Steady Shot --> 2x Aimed Shot --> Focus regen again with 4-5x Steady Shot --> 1x Aimed Shot, 1x Chimera Shot to refresh Serpent Sting

My problem is, that i cant handle the information given from the Logs. Compared to my fellow hunter Nephtys (can also be seen in the logs) we got different shot values. he uses autoshot and steadyshot mainly and i'm using Aimed shot the most. Im hardcasting aimed shot. He does more dps than me and is 5 ilvls ahead of me.

If you need any other information please let me know!