Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    5 Item levels are reason enough that he should be doing more DPS than you.

You used only one Tol'vir Potion and you're not hitcapped.

Don't start with Serpent Sting, you'll want to save your focus for the first phase until the boss is under 90% health. Use Aimed Shot and Steady Shot, then apply the dot and use Chimera shot. The other Hunter manged to use Rapid Fire two times in the fight, you only used it once.

Deleted
    not hit capped?

fuck i must have messed up some reforging...

ahhh WAIT: the new items must have messed up the hit cap, i wasnt reforging yet, thats why!

btw: do you relay on askmrrobot.com for reforged?

im currently using reforge lite as an ingame addon for reforging

any suggestions on that?

Deleted
    I use Reforgenator, Femaledwarf, World of Logs and Recount. So far Reforgenator provided all the options I needed.

Deleted
    Hiyas guys and girls. Looking for assistance with the two hunters in our 10 man raid. We've tried different specs and reforges but nothing seems to bring their dps up to where other hunters are. On the 2nd half of the attempts we were pre-potting.

Theex
    Spec: MM
    Item Level: 383
    Expectations:: Higher dps. Ideally 27k for Ultraxion. Currently pulling 23k (pet is Jazzhands)
    Armory Link:: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/theex/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:: worldoflogs.com/reports/0zw7dh6obxqhs9dm/

Phoenixbeast
    Item Level: 379
    Expectations:: Higher dps. Ideally 25k for Ultraxion. Currently pulling 20k (pet is Raptor)
    Armory Link:: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/phoenixbeast/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/0zw7dh6obxqhs9dm/

Any help appreciated. (It wouldn't let me put the links in properly, sorry!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilnoom View Post
    Hiyas guys and girls. Looking for assistance with the two hunters in our 10 man raid. We've tried different specs and reforges but nothing seems to bring their dps up to where other hunters are. On the 2nd half of the attempts we were pre-potting.

Theex
    Item Level: 383
    Expectations:: Higher dps. Ideally 27k for Ultraxion. Currently pulling 23k (pet is Jazzhands)
    Armory Link:: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/theex/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:: worldoflogs.com/reports/0zw7dh6obxqhs9dm/

Phoenixbeast
    Item Level: 379
    Expectations:: Higher dps. Ideally 25k for Ultraxion. Currently pulling 20k (pet is Raptor)
    Armory Link:: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/phoenixbeast/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/0zw7dh6obxqhs9dm/

Any help appreciated. (It wouldn't let me put the links in properly, sorry!)
    Theex uses the wrong scope, he should use Woodchucker. One unenchanted item and not hitcapped. Probably has problems with rotation, too - he often recasts Serpent Sting and the uptime on the dot is not suficient.

Phoenixbeast could reforge a bit to get to 8% hit and often reapplies Serpent Sting. Pet doesn't use a DPS-build.

It is difficult to tell what exactly your hunter's problems are, my guess is: both use an insufficient rotation/priority.

Deleted
    Thanks very much for the speedy reply. I shall give them both a kick (One is my husband, the other a RL friend so I'm allowed to, hehe).

Spec: Marksmanship
    Item Level: 389
    Expectations: About 30k+, some bosses higher
    Armory link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Borginer/advanced
    Worldoflogs link: worldoflogs.com/reports/vpu5zbht8n5iwaax

Currently im struggling to get an stable dps, it goes up and down too much i think, im hardcasting aimed shot, not using arcane shot at all. Ive gone high haste for this. Any help is welcome

Spec MM
    Item Level 388
    Expectations: Be the top dps (Ok prolly wont happen but I wanna rock meters)
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A2ndee/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

I've tried just about everything I can think of and I'm still on the bottom for most fights, my gear is better, so now it must be me doing something wrong.
    I've tried different rotations from the rotation posted in the guide to just spamming steady shots and arcane shots (with CS fired every time its up) to reforging to haste and trying the aimed shot focus dump, different pets, different glyphs and still my dps has not moved. Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    Spec MM
    Item Level 388
    Expectations: Be the top dps (Ok prolly wont happen but I wanna rock meters)
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A2ndee/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

I've tried just about everything I can think of and I'm still on the bottom for most fights, my gear is better, so now it must be me doing something wrong.
    I've tried different rotations from the rotation posted in the guide to just spamming steady shots and arcane shots (with CS fired every time its up) to reforging to haste and trying the aimed shot focus dump, different pets, different glyphs and still my dps has not moved. Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
    Looking at your gear firstly: any particular reason for 1742 haste? It's a lot of wasted stats since you're far past the 1.4 second steady shot plateau and far from the 1.33 second one.

You shouldn't be glyphing kill shot, you will lose ISS uptime (shown by your relatively low ISS uptime on ultrax @ 88.9%, should be 98% or more) during <20% hp phase.

Definite no-no on 2/2 termination, you will overcap focus or lose ISS uptime (most likely the latter) in termination phase.

That being said, I'm not sure if any of the adds you kill in DS grant rapid killing procs since I haven't tried marks for a while so might not matter.

You can raise your dps a little bit by pre-cotw on pull and summon another pet for the fight to use it again.

Not sure if you ever had a dreadfire drape from rhyolith, but hc version is better than the valor one.

And looking at your logs: dont rapid fire before ISS is up.

Deleted
    Heya guys.

This is my very much loved alt, and most played. However, any tips on what you guys think I can change with my gear/reforging would be appreciated. I'm hearing different things about mastery and haste at the moment and not quite sure what I should bring my haste up/down to.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talanta/simple

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Atalanta- View Post
    Heya guys.

This is my very much loved alt, and most played. However, any tips on what you guys think I can change with my gear/reforging would be appreciated. I'm hearing different things about mastery and haste at the moment and not quite sure what I should bring my haste up/down to.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Have you tried askmrrobot ?

You can change the settings (to exclude new epic gems, expensive enchants etc which is handy for alts!). Although I would recommend to check your caps......the site will sometimes advise you to reforge your gear to just below hit cap (say 7.97 or 7.98%).

For rotation, stat priority etc you can also check noxxic website some helpful info to get started on

Spec SV
    Item Level 394
    Expectations: More than I'm currently doing, would like to be 38k plus on Heroic Ultra
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...veres/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: Guild WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/25338/
    Two fights in particular I'm interested in first being this wipe: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12159&e=12520
    Second being our kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=18219&e=18586
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=64455

While I recognize my damage isn't "low" it isn't at all where I want it to be. I'm a lockout behind on gear because of guild suspensions the second lockout which isn't helping but still I want to be doing better.

I was comparing the first WoL linked on the wipe with dexters kill. Raid bots link is here: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4ef3b...d000b40#damage and here comparing raid bots link with the same Dexter parse and my kill: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4ef4a...0000014#damage Looking at the GCD and damage breakdown, I'm really struggling to see where the differentiation is coming from. He had much better RNG on arcane shot, and had an actual kill which gave him more gcd's on kill shot. Other than that I'm lost. I prioritized explosive more, giving me an average of three more ticks a minute almost making up the arcane shot damage difference. I've tried both 2 in wild hunt and a 1 and 1 split. Two in wild hunt was significantly lower for me. My pet was doing almost 500 less dps than the other hunters so I went back to 1 and 1. Here is a parse link where I was 2 in wild hunt showing the pet damage difference: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8807&e=9173 . I'm honestly lost on what to do differently. I've been going es,es,as,es which isn't clipping on the dummy but I can't figure out of it's clipping on this specific fight because whenever the person parsing goes into the normal realm world of logs records it weird. On the actual kill there was a 1.3 dps difference (not exaggerating) between myself and our other hunter, yet our pet damage difference was 300dps. I died last week on it and according to the logs I never died but the battle rez showed up.

I'm stacking cd's as best as I can. Overlapping RF with lust sucks but it's something you have to do on this fight in particular. Stacking second RF and Berserking with a full stack of the polearm proc, as well as synapse springs with my berserking.

It's to the point where it's just quite frustrating. I got a first place parse on Zon'ozz with zero padding and yet my guild is really badgering me (as I think they should be) for my damage on Ultra. I just don't really know where the disparities are coming from.

I'm not great at analyzing logs by any means yet it really seems like it's a gear difference and RNG, mainly from the noticeable difference in shots based on weapon damage (arcane, cobra, kill shot) when comparing myself to for example Dexter like in the raid bots link above. I'd really like if someone could say it's something different but if it is I can't pin point what so I'm coming to you guys for help.

I also just realized that I put on the new belt I got last night before I logged so my hit rating is messed up. Please disregard that. Through all of these attempts I had on the valor belt with a 20agi/20 hit gem in the blue socket, and the mastery reforged to hit putting me at exactly 961.
    Last edited by refire; 2011-12-23 at 04:59 PM.

@ Refire

I am headed out right now, but after a quick glance I can say your cooldown usage is probably what's hurting you the most. Mainly your Kiril proc. Like you said, you wait for full stack of the Kiril buff, but you really shouldn't save your cooldowns for that. At least not the important ones. By the time your kiril as stacked to full, chances are you are already outside of the CA phase, and all other cooldowns have expired. If I were you I would simply save Berserking and possibly your second RF for that, and just pop all the rest at the very start.

I will update this further when I get back, but I wanted to give you something to look at while I was gone.

EDIT: Your Hunter's Mark uptime is very low. 65%
    Last edited by Arktem; 2011-12-23 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    @ Refire

I am headed out right now, but after a quick glance I can say your cooldown usage is probably what's hurting you the most. Mainly your Kiril proc. Like you said, you wait for full stack of the Kiril buff, but you really shouldn't save your cooldowns for that. At least not the important ones. By the time your kiril as stacked to full, chances are you are already outside of the CA phase, and all other cooldowns have expired. If I were you I would simply save Berserking and possibly your second RF for that, and just pop all the rest at the very start.

I will update this further when I get back, but I wanted to give you something to look at while I was gone.

EDIT: Your Hunter's Mark uptime is very low. 65%
    Hunter's mark uptime isn't real and i didn't save all of my cd's for kiril. After the initial I did, on the initial I didn't thus my comment about stacking rf with lust just because there isn't another option. I'm also playing survival so I don't have a CA phase.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Overlapping RF with lust sucks but it's something you have to do on this fight in particular. Stacking second RF and Berserking with a full stack of the polearm proc, as well as synapse springs with my berserking.
    For example this was yours:

This was mine:

I don't really see how that jumps out as bad. You didn't pre pot or messed up on it, and used one RF. I didn't have a super clean stack but I was trying not to align berserking and rapid fire.

Comparing our two logs with this comparison: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4ef4e...10000d6#damage

You had 11 more arcanes than me but I had 4 more cobra shots, and an extra explosive shot, as well as an extra/earlier black arrow. What gets me though is this you did more cobra shot damage, with a lower crit rate, and less casts fired.

I guess I just need to arcane a lot more and get a better weapon for cobra/arcane scaling.
    Last edited by refire; 2011-12-23 at 08:41 PM.

Hunter's mark uptime isn't real and i didn't save all of my cd's for kiril. After the initial I did, on the initial I didn't thus my comment about stacking rf with lust just because there isn't another option. I'm also playing survival so I don't have a CA phase.
    I admit to being retarded when referring to CA phase x.x bad habits die hard

But that doesn't change that you're saving cooldowns. Your CotW was not popped initially with all of your other cooldowns, but instead with your Rapid Fire that was popped after many of your initial cooldowns have expired. Mainly your Eng Gloves, and most of your on proc items. That was the "Cooldowns" I was referring to. You're more than likely waiting on your Trinket + Kiril to stack, but it just isn't work it to wait.

As for the Hunter's mark uptime, it's possible it's bugged but you might want to look into it. Many people, myself included, have noticed/reported a bug that is causing Hunter's Mark to randomly fall off during an encounter. Not sure if this is what happened, or is the case, but can't hurt to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    I admit to being retarded when referring to CA phase x.x bad habits die hard

But that doesn't change that you're saving cooldowns. Your CotW was not popped initially with all of your other cooldowns, but instead with your Rapid Fire that was popped after many of your initial cooldowns have expired. Mainly your Eng Gloves, and most of your on proc items. That was the "Cooldowns" I was referring to. You're more than likely waiting on your Trinket + Kiril to stack, but it just isn't work it to wait.

As for the Hunter's mark uptime, it's possible it's bugged but you might want to look into it. Many people, myself included, have noticed/reported a bug that is causing Hunter's Mark to randomly fall off during an encounter. Not sure if this is what happened, or is the case, but can't hurt to check.
    I just watched the video it had 100% uptime (I remembered watching it closely because I saw some people saying it was randomly falling off after phasing between realms). I guess I'll use cotw better though that's an easy fix. Thanks by the way.

Spec MM
    Item Level 383
    Expectations: 30k +
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Felthunn/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/1xm98bp733p6r0bp/details/0/?s=491&e=770
    worldoflogs.com/reports/zc8u7hnjqp34swhr/dashboard/?s=7335&e=7629

My dps is always been subpar compared to others in my group. My dps has been fine to get me through FL initially but even in FL I am unable to break the 30K mark but now in DS my DPS is much worse then it should be and i have no idea what I am doing wrong to have such a low dps. I am doing 22k at the moment and want it to be higher

The log attached is for morchok and ultraxion

Can you please have a look and advise me on what I am doing wrong. My Latency averages around 220ms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandman153 View Post
    Spec MM
    Item Level 383
    Expectations: 30k +
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Felthunn/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/1xm98bp733p6r0bp/details/0/?s=491&e=770
    worldoflogs.com/reports/zc8u7hnjqp34swhr/dashboard/?s=7335&e=7629

My dps is always been subpar compared to others in my group. My dps has been fine to get me through FL initially but even in FL I am unable to break the 30K mark but now in DS my DPS is much worse then it should be and i have no idea what I am doing wrong to have such a low dps. I am doing 22k at the moment and want it to be higher

The log attached is for morchok and ultraxion

Can you please have a look and advise me on what I am doing wrong. My Latency averages around 220ms

Thanks
    Very low ISS uptime, 70% is very poor for morchok. I believe you are trying to hardcast aimed shot too much and are losing ISS buff and spending a lot of time getting it back up again.

Or you are not attacking him during black blood phase, which you should because you are ranged.

Only hardcast aimed shot if you are NOT going to lose ISS buff and below 90% hp you should only hardcast if you are not going to delay chimera shot either.

98+ is where you want to be at a fight like ultrax.

How did you only manage 39 seconds of rapid fire? Should be 1 minute at least if the fight lasted longer than 3minutes: which it did.

You're not prepotting: should be if you want your dps to be higher.

Don't understand why you're not using call of the wild? Should be 30+ seconds of that in there if you're pre-petting.

You messed up badly in the ultrax fight: you readinessed at the start, i guess you meant to press rapid fire?

You should pop cooldowns that early anyway: always get ISS up before doing anything. Start of the fight should be look like this:

Precast AiS during countdown>SS>SS>AiS>cooldowns

Do all of that and you should manage 30k+

I don't think you can pre cast cotw anymore Illana. I attempted it some pulls on Ultraxion and the buff disappeared when my pet was dismissed.

I don't think you can pre cast cotw anymore Illana. I attempted it some pulls on Ultraxion and the buff disappeared when my pet was dismissed.
    ohhhh i thought this only happened in arena =S another unecessary nerf to us. How lame.