That's the case with every spec, yes. If you blow all your Focus, then start regenerating Focus while your main ability is already cooled down, you're wasting tons of potential damage. Essentially, you're spamming too many Arcane or Aimed Shots.

Playing Hunter well requires you to always be thinking 2-3 shots ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brangz View Post
    So your saying, Cast CS always off cooldown every time? Plus, I think if I had better Trinks and bow, it would help me out a lot as well. Here is my Amory link. us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Brangz/simple
    Yes, your weapon is 23 ilvls below your overall ilvl. That will always hurt. Weapon damage for MM is very important. You are probably better going off Survival until you get a much better weapon.

You should also read the Azortharion Hunter Guide in this forum. It will help you with your shot priority.

Well I was thinking about going Surv since the hunters in my guild are saying it's much better dps. I was top 1-2 back in SoO and this expansion it's like I'm learning to play a hunter again..

Deleted
    Hello Everyone

I was hoping to get some DPS advice on my survival hunter. I seem to be lacking DPS on our kills on the brackenspore mythic fight, and dps in general. I should say that on this raid i was not on moss cleanup duty, and it is really hard to compare the other hunter on the raid, as he was getting the moss buff.
    Hoping you can help me point me in the right direction. (sorry for the missing links, i have only a few posts, and i am not allowed to post direct links)

Spec:Survival
    Item level: 672
    Link to armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwhisper/Kaptajnkaos/simple
    Warcraftlog link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/qfvW1Gpdx4J9PRAN

Hope you guys can help me

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all looking for some hunter help here I need to up my dps and survival the other 3 hunters are way above me and I dont know what Im doing wrong any help please.
    Item Level:653
    Link to armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...andiyah/simple
    Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=summary

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Kandi,
    (I'm looking at Twin Ogron since that's what was linked first and gives a good idea of a hunters rotation)
    From what I see you're not using ES nearly as much as you ought to and putting far too much effort into barrage instead. Black arrow uptime is also a bit low. The top hunter casted it 3 more times than you. I like that you're using focusing shot, but this isn't a good fight for it. The other hunter is using exotic ammunition which ideal either, both of you should use LW for this particular fight.

I'm actually on the same server as you. You can look up my hunter (Schismud) but I don't usually min/max via talents as I just run the alt group as a dirty casual. I usually maintain a high percentile for my logs though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gusten80 View Post
    Hello Everyone

I was hoping to get some DPS advice on my survival hunter. I seem to be lacking DPS on our kills on the brackenspore mythic fight, and dps in general. I should say that on this raid i was not on moss cleanup duty, and it is really hard to compare the other hunter on the raid, as he was getting the moss buff.
    Hoping you can help me point me in the right direction. (sorry for the missing links, i have only a few posts, and i am not allowed to post direct links)

Item level: 672
    Link to armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwhisper/Kaptajnkaos/simple
    Warcraftlog link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/qfvW1Gpdx4J9PRAN

Hope you guys can help me
    You had 86% up-time with Serpent Sting on Brackenspore, this could be higher.

You had 54% up-time with Serpent Sting on the Fungal Flesh-Eater, this is very low and could be improved significantly.

You had 58% up-time on Black Arrow, this should be around 75%+ , you are either not using it on cd or using it on the Flesh-Eater just before it dies. You used black arrow twice on Spore Shooters, this is not a good idea as will die too quickly(assuming your group is switching to them properly).

You have a very low number of Explosive shots used for the fight duration. This may be because you are getting less Lock and Load proc's because your black arrow up-time is poor, or you are simply not using it on cd as you should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kandi View Post
    Hi all looking for some hunter help here I need to up my dps and survival the other 3 hunters are way above me and I dont know what Im doing wrong any help please.
    You had 62% up-time of Serpent Sting on Pol and 40% on Phemos, this could be 90%+ on both if you focus on refreshing it with arcane shots.

Your black arrow up-time was 54%, this should be 75%+. Make sure to use it as soon as it comes off cd.

You are not using Explosive Trap, use this this when they are both stacked up and you do not have anything to cast which is a higher priority.

Deleted
    Hello fellow Hunters

Since I finally found a mythic raiding guild this week I'd be very thankful if I could get some feedback
    as to how well I'm doing for my current gear. I can't really compare myself to the other Hunter in that guild
    because he's running the lucky coin and we both dont know where we stand either way.
    Heres the Log from this weeks Twin-Trys: https: //www .warcraftlogs .com/reports/jNMQVHAP1dB26abr (set some stuff apart because I cant post links)
    Here is my armory: http: //eu.battle .net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Ilun%C3%A2/simple

As a random side-note I got a 2/3 Skull of War and Simcraft puts it over Grandiose Plans WF but my ingame results vary, what say you ?

Deleted
    Hey! I have no idea why my dps isn't even close to what it's simming out at (using my personal gear) and I was wondering if I could get some help

Survival Hunter 666ilvl - more damage (closer to my personal sims)
    Not really any problem as such I guess possibly focus management and probably movement while using focusing shot
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=18 - HC Kargath I'm part of our guilds stands team too so my DPS on the boss drops
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done - HC Butcher (Although I died so my activity and subsequently my DPS dropped)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ADra/advanced - Armory

I feel like parts of my gear are probably badly optimised - a distinct lack of multistrike however simming in this gear is netting me 29k DPS while i'm pulling like 25k (34k on Mythic Kargath but skewered due to adds and the damage bonus)
    Any help is appreciated! Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc3a733b74da; 2015-01-11 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Added info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beerz View Post
    You had 86% up-time with Serpent Sting on Brackenspore, this could be higher.

You had 54% up-time with Serpent Sting on the Fungal Flesh-Eater, this is very low and could be improved significantly.

You had 58% up-time on Black Arrow, this should be around 75%+ , you are either not using it on cd or using it on the Flesh-Eater just before it dies. You used black arrow twice on Spore Shooters, this is not a good idea as will die too quickly(assuming your group is switching to them properly).

You have a very low number of Explosive shots used for the fight duration. This may be because you are getting less Lock and Load proc's because your black arrow up-time is poor, or you are simply not using it on cd as you should be.
    Hi Beerz

Thanks for pointing it out. Yes the Serpent sting on the add should have been much higher, this is definitely not good enough. Great pointing out the black arrow, was not quite sure how high you had to get it up, it ofc needs to be used on cd, and on "good" targets. I will try and work on this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacelan View Post
    Hello fellow Hunters

Since I finally found a mythic raiding guild this week I'd be very thankful if I could get some feedback
    as to how well I'm doing for my current gear. I can't really compare myself to the other Hunter in that guild
    because he's running the lucky coin and we both dont know where we stand either way.
    Heres the Log from this weeks Twin-Trys: https: //www .warcraftlogs .com/reports/jNMQVHAP1dB26abr (set some stuff apart because I cant post links)
    Here is my armory: http: //eu.battle .net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Ilun%C3%A2/simple

As a random side-note I got a 2/3 Skull of War and Simcraft puts it over Grandiose Plans WF but my ingame results vary, what say you ?
    I'll use Wipe 24 as you were the last person alive so all your dot up-times should be accurate.

Your up-time of Serpent sting on Pol was 92% and 88% on Phemos. These are relatively good but they could still be higher. Getting this above 95% would be perfect.

Your up-time of black arrow was 64%. This should be atleast 75% if not higher, make sure you are using it on cd.

Fix these and you could pull an extra 2k dps atleast which would be a very strong performance for a survival hunter on this fight at your gear level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleybp View Post
    Hey! I have no idea why my dps isn't even close to what it's simming out at (using my personal gear) and I was wondering if I could get some help
    These two logs aren't the easiest to analyse for the reasons you mentioned but i'll have a go anyway.

You are using barrage on the butcher. Barrage is not a DPS increase on a single target so do not use it.

Your up-time of Black arrow and Serpent sting seem to be fine for the time which you were alive.

You are using the talent Steady Focus, as mentioned in Azortharion's Guide while it is decent Thrill of the Hunt is considered stronger, especially on stand duty as it could allow you to cast multiple multishots for relatively little focus.

There isn't much multistrike gear in Highmaul so there is little you can do to help that.

Deleted
    Thanks a bunch @beerz, will try to fix that

Fuuuuck wrong thread.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2015-01-12 at 11:05 AM.

Not sure your dps needs fixing there Azor.

Deleted
    Hello everyone, i feel like i could be doing way more, especially on single target, what am i doing wrong?

Spec:survival (mostly crows,toth,barrage,FS)
    ilvl:666 currently, was missing one upgrade on my trinket and was using a 646 warforged CM gun, after the brackenspore kill was using the 670 bow
    armory eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/amanthul/Bicepsbenny/simple (sadly im still missing any kind of scales of doom )
    loggs warcraftlogs.com/reports/y3wF49za7jDfGJKL#fight=18&type=damage-done&translate=true

Hello fellow hunters! I have been having issues with my DPS since highmaul came out. My problem specifically is my gear. Although being ilvl664, my secondary stats were all over the place until I replaced some with crafted 670 gear. Now that i have recently fixed my gear in the past 2 days. I now have 1367 multistrike(20.71%) but am having issues deciding which gear to use. Plus I havnt tried my new gear out in my raid yet. Waiting for tuesday. Also, I want to note that my ilvl now is 659, I replaced a few items with lower ilvl gear that have multistrike or have gem slots for MS gems. Not sure if its worth the trade or not. I think it will be.

Spec - Survival. Using TotH, Crows, Barrage and LW
    Item Level - 659 with new MS gear
    Expectations:To see a increase in dps during my guild raids with my new multistrike gear
    Armory Link: (Currently equipped my lower ilvl multistrike gear) us dot battle dot net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/Papashlapa/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: www dot warcraftlogs dot com/reports/GR8pMKTAZVPL9vC7#type=damage-done&fight=5 (This was this weeks H Butcher on tuesday BEFORE my multistirke gear change. Mind you I was probably at 360 Mulistrike at the time.

Some changes to my gear I would like to note.

Bracers - USING 655 Bracers of the Crying Chorus(With gem slot)
    WAS using 670 Bracers of the Crying Chorus
    Belt - USING 665 Cloudcaller's Linked Belt
    WAS using 670 Belt of Inebriated Sorrows(With Gem slot)
    Boots - USING 630 Rockhide Treads
    WAS using 655 Treads of Sand and Blood
    Gloves - USING 645 Exceptional Crystal-Leaf Gloves
    WAS using 655 Grips of Vicious Mauling
    Weapon - USING Azzakel's Boltslinger(With gem slot). 300.50dps, 167 AGI, 113 Haste, 109 Multi
    WAS using 640 Shield-Shatter Longbow 329.67dps, 184 AGI, 131 Crit, 107 Mastry

Any of these changes worth it? All changes are to lower ilvl gears but with more Multistirke.

Hi Papashlapy,

You should use the gear comparison guide from the Azortharion's Hunter Guide in this forum;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1477388239

Hello,
    I need help... I need some advice as to what I am doing wrong and what I need to change in my playing style.
    I would and I think I should be catching the other Hunter in raid, and even out dps-ing him. I just dont know how -.-

Name: Terminatorz (eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/Terminatorz/simple)
    Logs: (w w w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pHZfvMnKPkmxCdR3) HC HM (w w w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DKFTy3wfB9JQYrt2) Imp + Kargath Mythic trys

My Gear is comparable to his, I even have HC Bow, whereas he has Nhc.
    (eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/Qnv/simple)

My expectation is to match his (Qnv) dps and probably push upon that.
    Detailed help and explaination would be greatly appreciated.

Wrong thread with that screenshot.. Ugh. My b.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelol View Post
    Hello everyone, i feel like i could be doing way more, especially on single target, what am i doing wrong?

Spec:survival (mostly crows,toth,barrage,FS)
    ilvl:666 currently, was missing one upgrade on my trinket and was using a 646 warforged CM gun, after the brackenspore kill was using the 670 bow
    armory eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/amanthul/Bicepsbenny/simple (sadly im still missing any kind of scales of doom )
    loggs warcraftlogs.com/reports/y3wF49za7jDfGJKL#fight=18&type=damage-done&translate=true

Looking at The Butcher...

Your up-time on Serpent Sting and Black arrow were both very high.

You didn't use any potions. This is a significant dps loss.

Stop using barrage on a single target.

On Brackenspore..

Your up-time of Serpent Sting on the Fungal Flesh-Eater was 29%, this is abysmal.

Your total Black arrow up-time was 64%, this could be improved(75%+).

You only managed to gain 40 stacks in total of Burning Infusion(The buff from burning away moss). This buff is a significant dps increase so maximizing it is in your interest.

On Imperator...

It looks like you were assigned to help kill the Volatile Anomaly's, however you should still keep Serpent Sting up on both Warmages as well as using Black arrow on cd.

Your other fights look generally ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Papashlapy View Post
    Hello fellow hunters! I have been having issues with my DPS since highmaul came out. My problem specifically is my gear. Although being ilvl664, my secondary stats were all over the place until I replaced some with crafted 670 gear. Now that i have recently fixed my gear in the past 2 days. I now have 1367 multistrike(20.71%) but am having issues deciding which gear to use. Plus I havnt tried my new gear out in my raid yet. Waiting for tuesday. Also, I want to note that my ilvl now is 659, I replaced a few items with lower ilvl gear that have multistrike or have gem slots for MS gems. Not sure if its worth the trade or not. I think it will be.

Spec - Survival. Using TotH, Crows, Barrage and LW
    Item Level - 659 with new MS gear
    Expectations:To see a increase in dps during my guild raids with my new multistrike gear
    Armory Link: (Currently equipped my lower ilvl multistrike gear) us dot battle dot net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/Papashlapa/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: www dot warcraftlogs dot com/reports/GR8pMKTAZVPL9vC7#type=damage-done&fight=5 (This was this weeks H Butcher on tuesday BEFORE my multistirke gear change. Mind you I was probably at 360 Mulistrike at the time.

Some changes to my gear I would like to note.

Bracers - USING 655 Bracers of the Crying Chorus(With gem slot)
    WAS using 670 Bracers of the Crying Chorus
    Belt - USING 665 Cloudcaller's Linked Belt
    WAS using 670 Belt of Inebriated Sorrows(With Gem slot)
    Boots - USING 630 Rockhide Treads
    WAS using 655 Treads of Sand and Blood
    Gloves - USING 645 Exceptional Crystal-Leaf Gloves
    WAS using 655 Grips of Vicious Mauling
    Weapon - USING Azzakel's Boltslinger(With gem slot). 300.50dps, 167 AGI, 113 Haste, 109 Multi
    WAS using 640 Shield-Shatter Longbow 329.67dps, 184 AGI, 131 Crit, 107 Mastry

Any of these changes worth it? All changes are to lower ilvl gears but with more Multistirke.
    I'll be honest when i say you need to focus on fixing your rotation before worrying about min/maxing your stats...

On Butcher your up-time of Black arrow was over 80%, this is fantastic.

But your up-time of Serpent Sting was 85%, Serpent Sting should never drop off on a fight like butcher after your initial application. There was a 13 second window in the fight where it dropped off before you reapplied it. You should be dumping your excess focus into arcane shots, this will be keep your Serpent Sting up without even trying.

On Brackenspore your up-time of Serpent Sting was even worse, just 56% on the boss and 22% on the Flesh-Eater, the higher your up-time the higher your dps....

Try and use Explosive Trap when the boss and the Flesh-Eater are stacked up and there is nothing of higher importance to cast.

Tectus...

Use Explosive trap when the motes come up.

Twin Ogron...

You didn't apply Serpent Sting to Phemos once in there entire fight duration. Make sure it is kept on both as much as possible.

Use Explosive trap when they are stacked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Termi View Post
    Hello,
    I need help... I need some advice as to what I am doing wrong and what I need to change in my playing style.
    I would and I think I should be catching the other Hunter in raid, and even out dps-ing him. I just dont know how -.-
    Butcher...

Your up-time of Serpent Sting and Black arrow are both solid, you could probably squeeze extra 2-3% on black arrow if you tried.

Your Explosive Traps averaged just 11k damage, I honestly wouldn't bother.

Everything else looks solid, bare in mind that kills can vary quite alot dependent on your TotH/LocknLoad/Scope Proc's.

Brackenspore...

You died twice to Infesting Spores and unsurprisingly being dead decreases your damage, this is because you were attempting to clear moss while they were being cast and were out of range of the healers/mushroom. Try to clear moss between casts of Infesting Spores so that this is less of an issue.

Twin Ogron...

90%+ up-time on Serpent sting on both Pol and Phemos. This is great so keep it up and maybe squeeze and extra couple % if you can.

Your Black arrow up-time did slip a bit down to 70%, get this up above 75% at least.

Ko'ragh...

Same as above Black arrow at 68%.

When you reach a similar gear level to Qnv I imagine you will be at a similar damage level.