Toccure

Toccure, Here is my take on your logs-

Abilties
    Explosive shot- you are missing a lot of them. for the kills in the log you linked you had the following breakdown

55 out of 66 for Butcher
    71/101 on Brackenspore
    94/114 on Twins
    67/85 on Ko'ragh

Serpent Sting- Keeping up SrS on multiple targets is a huge part of Survival. This is something you really need to work on.

Butcher was pretty good at 98.21%
    Brackenspore -
    -The Boss 83.69%, Needs to be higher.
    -Fungal Flesh Eaters. Your raid killed 3 of them, your SrS uptime for them was 40% / 48.3% / 35.3% Bring it way up.
    Twins Pol SrS at 97.45% pretty good, Phemos at 51.58%. This should be the easiest fight for you to keep it up on.
    Ko'ragh 98.65%

Black Arrow - Max is 83.33% shoot for at least 80%.

Butcher 81.89% - good.
    Brackenspore 70.52% - not good.
    Tectus 66.92% - keep this up, the LnL procs are still really good.
    Twins BA at 78.26%
    Ko'ragh 80.37 - good.

Barrage -
    Butcher, Why did you cast it? don't.
    Brackenspore, You didn't cast it. at all. ?
    Tectus, Again you didn't cast it. even once. You also only cast Multi-Shot twice on this fight. There is a good reason your dps was really low here.
    Twins, you cast it once. only once.
    Ko'ragh, you cast it, but you did Barrage -> Multi-Shot. Do Multi-Shot first so that the Serpent sting is also rolling during barrage.

Honestly you need to read up on how to use this ability, other than on Ko'ragh, this section is embarrassingly bad. Azortharion's guide should give you a better idea how to prioritize it.

Steady Focus - with the exception of butcher, you should probably switch to ToTH. Technically this does sim higher, but that is assuming you are using all of your focus to proper effect. ToTH isn't far behind, but the real strength is that ToTH lets you get SrS up on multiple mobs quicker / prevent it from dropping. Since that is one of your biggest weakness it should help more than some passive regen that isn't being used to its fullest.

Blood Fury - It doesn't seem like you have it macro'ed to another ability. If you are gonna forget it and miss uses during the fight, just macro it into something so you don't forget. AMoC and BA are good choices. (Twins was over 7 minutes with only 1 use )

As far as comparing yourself to the other hunter, Don't. It is a bad bench mark to shoot for. You say the gear difference isn't that high, but they have 12 Ilvls on you. That is high. Also their gear is better itemized than yours. Looking at their performance, they have a lot of room for improvement too. So just worry about your own game and you will catch them.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 665
    Expectations: Above 25k
    Armory Link: http us,battle,net wow en character lightbringer Kunder simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https www,warcraftlogs,com reports bRawBJVTptDWA8Gh

I am noting a lack of MultiStrike compared to other SV hunters, but think I should be on par given current gear. However, I seem to consistently get smoked. Rotation? Bad itemization? Please review logs above. Apologize for not posting links. Replace , with . and blanks with /.

Quote Originally Posted by Devechka View Post
    HA! Oh that makes even more sense. I thought Barrage was better for single target? Or should I still have it specced and just not use it?
    No barrage only worth using in multi target fights, all the level 90 talents are only used in multi targets.

Quote Originally Posted by critsohard View Post
    No barrage only worth using in multi target fights, all the level 90 talents are only used in multi targets.
    Even Glaive Toss? Seems fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by dashmudtz View Post

Abilties
    Explosive shot- you are missing a lot of them. for the kills in the log you linked you had the following breakdown

55 out of 66 for Butcher
    71/101 on Brackenspore
    94/114 on Twins
    67/85 on Ko'ragh
    Could you please explain what you're looking at in order to see how many ES/LnL proc opportunities are missed?

Quote Originally Posted by RobYams View Post
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 665
    Expectations: Above 25k
    There is only 1 fight, and it is the one with the most stuff going on, but here is what I am noticing-

BA and Serpent Sting- This seems to be the #1 thing for all of the logs.

BA Was at 63%, keep it up on Brack, shoot for ~80%, on this fight be happy with 75%.
    SrS You actually kept up really good time for the Fungal Flesh Eaters, but Brack was at 79%. Try and add about 20% to that would be ideal.

A Murder of Crows -
    I liked that you were using AMoC on adds, I personally think it is much better for this fight. Your spore shooters were living a little over 12 seconds on average, just save it for them, as well as applying it to a flesh eater within its last 15secs so that the cooldown keeps refreshing itself. Even better would be to learn the pattern that your boomkin uses when he targets shooters and pick the one that is going to live longer. Putting it on the boss just means you are guaranteed to not have it back for a full minute.

Explosive Shot -
    Fired 89, I believe you could have had at least 117.

Barrage -
    only 2. should be more. Many more.

Focus -
    You wasted 81 by capping, that is quite a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bri134 View Post
    Could you please explain what you're looking at in order to see how many ES/LnL proc opportunities are missed?
    Actually it is napkin math. Given the duration of the fight and 2 ES for each proc of LnL. In all reality it is usually going to be even higher than the numbers I gave, but that would require actually going through and determining how far along each ES cooldown was when LnL procced.

For example in 1 minute with no procs you will get 10 ES, with 2 LnL you could get between 14-16. 16 if the proc happens early in the cooldown for ES so that you fire off all 3ES and reset the cooldown. you could end up with only 14 if you end up having both of those LnL back to back within the 2 seconds before it was going to come off cooldown.

Also you can potentially lose an ES by applying Serpent Sting since it is a higher priority. This would happen if ES just came off cooldown and you had to choose between serpent sting or ES and during that exact global LnL procced and you lose that initial ES. you really should reapply serpent sting before it falls off, so this really only applies if adds just spawned for that exact global, but is still theoretically possible.

So like I said it is a rough estimate. If you want a good idea, just divide the fight length by the CD add 2x for each LnL proc, then just realize that in actuality it is most likely a little higher than that. If there is an actual way to determine the exact number I haven't found it yet. Maybe someone who knows more can chime in.
    Last edited by dashmudtz; 2015-01-14 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention wasted focus

I'll test it out tonight when I'm raiding. It seems odd to not use it! But then again it makes sense cause of how much focus it needs to be used.

Deleted
    Hello guys, i know ive recently posted but i need help again- i feel like im perfoming quite good at multitarget (i died cuz im dumb in this weeks tectus), except for brackenspore cuz i havent figured out the flamethrower yet

what am i doing wrong at butcher/singel target in general - ive compared my loggs to another hunter who had a fight 7 seconds shorter than me - he had 14 casts less in general- 11 focusing shots less

spec: sv
    ilvl: 669 in the loggs
    armory: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/amanthul/Bicepsbenny/simple
    logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/4yNFHajbYqCRnpQ3#fight=5&type=damage-done&translate=true&source=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello dear Hunter mates from all around the world Last raid I noticed that my DPS is not that high as it's supposed to be ( maybee because i swapped skada with recount after a year or so ). Anyway what mattered to me was the dmg done.
    I play in Highmaul atm SV - LW and I gem and enchant pure Multistrike for SV. Think that something is really wrong with stats or my gear or the trinkets...But burst of fight especially with bl is terrible. Like Im literally at the bottom and after a minute or so I'm going slowly up in meter on single target.
    Here is my profile - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Helgrim/simple
    Here are logs from yesterday - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...um/damageDone/

The question I need to help with is - 1) I have bad feeling about this trinkets of mine shouldI replace them ?
    2) My gear is relatively ok in terms of IL but are the stats ok ? Or should i farm hc dungeons for multistrike/crit gear with lowe IL ?
    Thanks in advance fellow hunters .

Had to remove http so I could post links.

I would appreciate if someone here could analyze this butcher fight between me and another hunter who top'd the fight. On some fights the other night ( like mythic karg ) I was ahead by a thousand or so dps at the end, but it's not close here for instance. One thing to note : I only pop'd one potion during the fight due to a bad opener, besides that I would love any advice. The other hunter has a mythic bow and coin, but I figured the difference should be smaller nonetheless.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 674
    Expectations: On par for gear level vs other hunters in raid
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Xploded/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZGkhraxBDdgy8A2X#fight=11&type=damage-done

( here is the mythic kargath one where I am on top = warcraftlogs.com/reports/vGnMAayb2zq8jBJV#fight=30 but butcher worries me more obviously as I am behind there and I think making bigger mistakes. )

Thank you for looking.
    Last edited by Cppz; 2015-01-15 at 08:08 AM.

Deleted
    I've been having quite some problems lately with my DPS in raids, be it LFR, HC or Mythic. I've recently changed my spec from MM to SV, since as it seem is the highest dps spec currently. I'm a BM at heart since vanilla and it's always been hard for me to get used to other specs. MM was the easiest to learn and was quite good (still the lowest hunter in the guild, but it wasn't as bad as it is now with SV). I've tried learning rotations on target dummies, LFR, normal runs etc. But it seems I must be doing something wrong and I just don't see what. On some fights I do see that I cast less shots as other hunters do, but on some I have more shots etc, but less DPS overall. I even went so far as to blame my connection or gear or just the lack of skill. But I do want to become better, I do want to learn the right rotation and be on top with others.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 670
    Expectations: at least 27k+ or on the lvl of other hunters in the raid (they are mostly above 25k or even 28k+)
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Dragoony/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/Mrm7aVNwPbkv2H8z#fight=22 (logs for the lastnights HC run (ignore the normal run) of HM)

I am usually on flamethrower duty, so I think I should have even more dps 'casue of that... but I seem to "miss" that somehow. I thank you all for taking the time to read my post and for your help. I am aware that I make mistakes and that my DPS is low for my ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cppz View Post
    Had to remove http so I could post links.

I would appreciate if someone here could analyze this butcher fight between me and another hunter who top'd the fight. On some fights the other night ( like mythic karg ) I was ahead by a thousand or so dps at the end, but it's not close here for instance. One thing to note : I only pop'd one potion during the fight due to a bad opener, besides that I would love any advice. The other hunter has a mythic bow and coin, but I figured the difference should be smaller nonetheless.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 674
    Expectations: On par for gear level vs other hunters in raid
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Xploded/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZGkhraxBDdgy8A2X#fight=11&type=damage-done

( here is the mythic kargath one where I am on top = warcraftlogs.com/reports/vGnMAayb2zq8jBJV#fight=30 but butcher worries me more obviously as I am behind there and I think making bigger mistakes. )

Thank you for looking.
    1 - he prepotted, you didn't, he lined it up with orc racial + LDSC
    2 - he had slightly better procs on LnL, ring, SoD

That's all I can see really

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoony View Post
    I've been having quite some problems lately with my DPS in raids, be it LFR, HC or Mythic. I've recently changed my spec from MM to SV, since as it seem is the highest dps spec currently. I'm a BM at heart since vanilla and it's always been hard for me to get used to other specs. MM was the easiest to learn and was quite good (still the lowest hunter in the guild, but it wasn't as bad as it is now with SV). I've tried learning rotations on target dummies, LFR, normal runs etc. But it seems I must be doing something wrong and I just don't see what. On some fights I do see that I cast less shots as other hunters do, but on some I have more shots etc, but less DPS overall. I even went so far as to blame my connection or gear or just the lack of skill. But I do want to become better, I do want to learn the right rotation and be on top with others.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 670
    Expectations: at least 27k+ or on the lvl of other hunters in the raid (they are mostly above 25k or even 28k+)
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Dragoony/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/Mrm7aVNwPbkv2H8z#fight=22 (logs for the lastnights HC run (ignore the normal run) of HM)

I am usually on flamethrower duty, so I think I should have even more dps 'casue of that... but I seem to "miss" that somehow. I thank you all for taking the time to read my post and for your help. I am aware that I make mistakes and that my DPS is low for my ilvl.
    I am not a real expert with logs yet, but just a quick question. Is Pinacolada your pet? I fhe is there is about 3k more dps.
    From the Butcher log you should drop explo trap and barrage (use barrage only on multi target). Also improve your black arrow uptime. Should be around 80% on figths like this. Try to pop all TotH process.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xseno View Post
    I am not a real expert with logs yet, but just a quick question. Is Pinacolada your pet? I fhe is there is about 3k more dps.
    From the Butcher log you should drop explo trap and barrage (use barrage only on multi target). Also improve your black arrow uptime. Should be around 80% on figths like this. Try to pop all TotH process.
    Yes Pinacolada is my pet. And thank you, must have misread on guides that one should use those even on single target fights.

1 - he prepotted, you didn't, he lined it up with orc racial + LDSC
    2 - he had slightly better procs on LnL, ring, SoD

That's all I can see really
    Yeah, I know the 2nd pot makes a big difference that I missed. I was hoping there was something else I did wrong as I feel I should be pulling more dps than I am currently.

Thank you for the reply either way. If anyone else sees something please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by dashmudtz View Post

Abilties

55 out of 66 for Butcher
    71/101 on Brackenspore
    94/114 on Twins
    67/85 on Ko'ragh
    Can you tell me how you filter this data on WCL?
    Last edited by Daye; 2015-01-15 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    Can you tell me how you filter this data on WCL?
    scroll up. /10chars

Spec: Survival
    Item Level: 669
    Expectations: I want to perform better across the board. Generally I need to be better at target swapping and what to cast on short-lived adds (do I still prioritize serpent sting on spore shooters for example or should I just continue priority shot list on them (with exception of BA)?)
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Phics/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=11&source=26

I'm linking my Mythic Ogron kill which is what I'd like feedback on. While I personally feel like I performed well, the ranking info has me at 32% (3498/5208). Within this log are 9 attempts on Brackenspore. We have 2 boomkins as our primary flamethrowers with me as a backup/coast thrower. NOTE: We just started progression on Brack so those 9 attempts are it. More coming tonight. Additionally I can't decide if I should be SV or MM for progression here because I'm the only hunter in our raid group.

EDIT: Looks like I missed roughly 19 Explosive Shots and 3 Black Arrows. Anything else that stands out? Talent wise I chose ToTH/LW > SF/FS as our strat requires heavy movement (goal being very little Blaze/Injured damage taken across raid).

EDIT 2: Looks like I cast Barrage 5 times total (if I had focus to cast on CD I could have managed 20 casts I think). How do I increase this? I find myself out of focus quite often during ideal situations (everything on CD with no ToTH) or needing to generate focus for multiple abilities coming off CD close to the same time.
    Last edited by Daye; 2015-01-15 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    Spec: Survival
    Item Level: 669
    Expectations: I want to perform better across the board. Generally I need to be better at target swapping and what to cast on short-lived adds (do I still prioritize serpent sting on spore shooters for example or should I just continue priority shot list on them (with exception of BA)?)

I'm linking my Mythic Ogron kill which is what I'd like feedback on. While I personally feel like I performed well, the ranking info has me at 32% (3498/5208). Within this log are 9 attempts on Brackenspore. We have 2 boomkins as our primary flamethrowers with me as a backup/coast thrower. NOTE: We just started progression on Brack so those 9 attempts are it. More coming tonight. Additionally I can't decide if I should be SV or MM for progression here because I'm the only hunter in our raid group.

EDIT: Looks like I missed roughly 19 Explosive Shots and 3 Black Arrows. Anything else that stands out? Talent wise I chose ToTH/LW > SF/FS as our strat requires heavy movement (goal being very little Blaze/Injured damage taken across raid).

EDIT 2: Looks like I cast Barrage 5 times total (if I had focus to cast on CD I could have managed 20 casts I think). How do I increase this? I find myself out of focus quite often during ideal situations (everything on CD with no ToTH) or needing to generate focus for multiple abilities coming off CD close to the same time.
    Honestly, if you plan your movement and Focusing Shot, it's really not hard to use. We're progressing on Mythic Twins, and our best attempts was 36% but I was pulling nearly 33k dps at the time using FS/TOTH. It's honestly just too good especially since Barrage cost so much focus.

Honestly, if you plan your movement and Focusing Shot, it's really not hard to use. We're progressing on Mythic Twins, and our best attempts was 36% but I was pulling nearly 33k dps at the time using FS/TOTH. It's honestly just too good especially since Barrage cost so much focus.
    This. Use Focused shot. You know when and where you will be moving just plan ahead better. Without FS you will not get near optimal numbers on this fight since it's a focus draining nightmare.

EDIT - Use Explosive Trap more too. Any time they are stacked throw it out. I try to use it right after either barrage or FS since it gives you time to set it up during the cast. On 2+ targets it is a dps increase
    Last edited by Enitzu; 2015-01-15 at 07:56 PM.