Page 78 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nitefaro View Post
    Hey, I'm looking at my dps compared to two of the other hunters in my guild and despite me now being similar item level to them as well as having the two piece, they still manage to outdps me.
    This is a reasonable goal, but...
    I noticed their arcane shot casts are WAY more than mine and my ES casts are above them. One of the hunters has me beat on casts per fight and I'm wondering what I could be doing wrong that is resulting in the lower dps as well as possibly why I'm not fitting as many casts as him.
    Don't compare yourself to them, both of them are decidedly unimpressive. If you want to compare yourself to another parse, search for good hunters with roughly the same fight length for each parse you want to compare. Looking at what your other hunters are doing is just gonna lead you in the wrong direction.

With that being said, you were absolutely right about your casts, starting with Kromog. I am putting in a link for each attempt specifically with your casts
    attempt 1 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=16&by=source I have never seen this much downtime. Even the brand new to raiding player earlier today was better than that.

attempt 2 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce&view=events This was a short attempt, so the gaps actually represent shorter time periods, but still there are a lot of them, including a lot of nearly a second gaps between shots. between the 53-1:03 mark you only got off a single BA and nothing else, after your next shot you still had another full second before your next shot(focusing shot). Sure you were moving towards a hand(disengage next time maybe?), but that is unacceptable.

attempt 3 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce&view=events Same old story, 5sec intervals with no casts. Try working on hitting spells while moving, that seems to be a real problem.

attempts 4, 5, & 6 are the same, unnecessary of downtime & more cancelled FS(see below).

AMoC - You missed entire casts of it on 50% of your attempts. Also, the hands come out on a timer, you can use it at the 1 & 3 minute marks for extra resets, you really should be getting extras on Kromog.

Barrage - Until you work out other issues, just use it multi-target and drop it from your single target priority. Also you need to work on aiming it. Here is a good example of an attempt where you had 1 good one and 1 terrible one during a hand phase - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0361&target=91
    Also work on your Multi-shot during this, you managed to hit only 2 targets multiple times. This could also just imply you need to pick a better hand(so that you can get more SS up as well as receiving cleave from others).

Cancelled FS, sure sometimes you have to move and they get cancelled. Just as often it means you dumped 1 shot too many before your FS. Watch your timers so that you know when you need to move and don't dump to zero/ FS right before you have to move. On this fight everything is predictable.

ES - You aren't using this enough. One attempt you had lock&Load proc and it didn't expire for 6 seconds(a full normal CD for ES). Those 6 seconds were filled with other things, notably 2 full priced arcane shots, which are your lowest priority button.

I don't have a ton of time to go through the other fights, but a quick glance at Operator shocked me. Your Explosive trap usage, 5 attempts and you didn't use it once(dafuq?). Also the normal tons of downtime for no reason.

Spec: Survival
    Ilvl 675
    Expectations Above 30k
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Noznur/simple
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/vg9XLqj4BW3QfKG2 (dont bother with thogar, had to leave early)

I feel like my main problem is how to use barrage, having a hard time to fill it in within the rotation.

Thanks for the help!

-edit, cant submit links :/

How about in comparison to the other hunters? I notice they get out way more arcane shots and serpent sting total dmg done. Is it because I use barrage so much? But on multi target fights, isn't barrage a good thing in the moment?
    Yes, your barrage usage (single target) is part of it, the other part is the time where you are doing literally nothing. Again I would reiterate, your other hunters aren't especially good. Do not look at their results to determine if you are doing things properly.

Spec: Survival
    iLvl:653
    Expectations: Simcraft says I should be around 23k-25k but Im sitting around 20k
    Armory:http: //us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Xannir/advanced
    Logs: Just got the WarcraftLogs running so I have no saved logs yet.

I just returned to hunter this month, and this weekend I hope to begin raiding hunter again. Surv has been my spec of choice since WotLK. I try real hard to maintain ES, BA and serpent sting uptime, but I don't have any addons to help me with tracking them so suggestions there would be great. Aside from that, I don't know quite what else to do. I understand there is disagreement with Barrage, but my guildie who is about 7 ilvl higher than me runs it and pulls 35k+ so I don't feel like its too noticeable of a difference. Any tips/or blunt pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kc9z6QwRhpTgYXHm

ilvl: 675
    Spec: survival
    Expectations: 32k at least.
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kc9z6QwRhpTgYXHm
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zenexa/simple

My DPS was solid (top of the charts for our gear level) in HM, now it seems I'm underperforming and getting outperformed by other hunters in only slightly better gear than me. I can't figure out why.... What can I change? (Focus on the maidens fight, Furnace was a clusterfuck and I can think of a bunch of ways I could improve my DPS on that fight by myself)

iLevel 666 *flashes metal sign*
    Spec: Survival (BM too)
    We use AMR instead of warcraft logs, hope that's ok: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...35fdf/overview
    Less recent logs: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...57520/overview
    Expectations: better DPS, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I am hearing different things about lone wolf vs Focusing Shot so I'm confused. I of course want to be a better hunter. The hunter I was running with that night insists that LW is better than PS.
    Amory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ireni/advanced
    I have so much Crit I am wondering if I am better off MM?
    Last edited by spookychick13; 2015-02-11 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dashmudtz View Post
    This is a reasonable goal, but...

Don't compare yourself to them, both of them are decidedly unimpressive. If you want to compare yourself to another parse, search for good hunters with roughly the same fight length for each parse you want to compare. Looking at what your other hunters are doing is just gonna lead you in the wrong direction.

With that being said, you were absolutely right about your casts, starting with Kromog. I am putting in a link for each attempt specifically with your casts
    attempt 1 - I have never seen this much downtime. Even the brand new to raiding player earlier today was better than that.

attempt 2 - This was a short attempt, so the gaps actually represent shorter time periods, but still there are a lot of them, including a lot of nearly a second gaps between shots. between the 53-1:03 mark you only got off a single BA and nothing else, after your next shot you still had another full second before your next shot(focusing shot). Sure you were moving towards a hand(disengage next time maybe?), but that is unacceptable.

attempt 3 - Same old story, 5sec intervals with no casts. Try working on hitting spells while moving, that seems to be a real problem.

attempts 4, 5, & 6 are the same, unnecessary of downtime & more cancelled FS(see below).

AMoC - You missed entire casts of it on 50% of your attempts. Also, the hands come out on a timer, you can use it at the 1 & 3 minute marks for extra resets, you really should be getting extras on Kromog.

Barrage - Until you work out other issues, just use it multi-target and drop it from your single target priority. Also you need to work on aiming it. Here is a good example of an attempt where you had 1 good one and 1 terrible one during a hand phase -
    Also work on your Multi-shot during this, you managed to hit only 2 targets multiple times. This could also just imply you need to pick a better hand(so that you can get more SS up as well as receiving cleave from others).

Cancelled FS, sure sometimes you have to move and they get cancelled. Just as often it means you dumped 1 shot too many before your FS. Watch your timers so that you know when you need to move and don't dump to zero/ FS right before you have to move. On this fight everything is predictable.

ES - You aren't using this enough. One attempt you had lock&Load proc and it didn't expire for 6 seconds(a full normal CD for ES). Those 6 seconds were filled with other things, notably 2 full priced arcane shots, which are your lowest priority button.

I don't have a ton of time to go through the other fights, but a quick glance at Operator shocked me. Your Explosive trap usage, 5 attempts and you didn't use it once(dafuq?). Also the normal tons of downtime for no reason.
    I have to say, this made the changes I was looking for. Thank you! I still have things to work on but that'll get better as we comfortably wiggle ourselves into this new content.

www warcraftlogs com/reports/GRcFByzW6pDgh2mL#boss=-3

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys before BRF raid I was sticking with trinkets Scales of Doom and Captive Micro - Abberation. Here is my setup atm http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Helgrim/simple
    What I want to ask is that is the Meaty dragonspine trophy worth to swap with Captive Micro - Abberation ? I thin taht the haste proc from Dragonspine is not worth...And captive Micro has nice stats. What do you recommend for SV for highest dps which two to equip ?

Spec Survival
    Item Level 677
    Expectations:Higher then they are now
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ADd/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...4682864/latest

I was really doing well in Highmaul, now with the release of BRF my log rankings are not the best, and i cannot see the issue so i am calling out on forums someone to help me out improve both my dps and log rankings.
    Also i am not sure should i use Lucky Double-Sided Coin or Skull of War(stage 3). Also some logs are terrible because i had mass random DCs.
    Thank you in advance!

Spec Survival
    Item Level 678
    Expectations: Above 25k-30k on all bosses
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/гордунни/Алтейа/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/88656

I know that i`m must do more dps on all bosses. I feel that did same mistakes in rotation or i couldn`t understand mechanics.

In advance thank, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenexa View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kc9z6QwRhpTgYXHm

ilvl: 675
    Expectations: 32k at least.
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kc9z6QwRhpTgYXHm
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zenexa/simple

My DPS was solid (top of the charts for our gear level) in HM, now it seems I'm underperforming and getting outperformed by other hunters in only slightly better gear than me. I can't figure out why.... What can I change? (Focus on the maidens fight, Furnace was a clusterfuck and I can think of a bunch of ways I could improve my DPS on that fight by myself)
    I can only compare it with my Normal Iron Maidens kill since we haven't gotten past H Blast Furnace yet. It seems that you rarely cast Multi Shot when all 3 bosses are together, leading to lower overall Serpent Sting damage. You also barely used Barrage on the fight. Obviously, this is comparing normal to Heroic Iron Maidens, so take this post as you will.

Here are my logs for N Iron Maidens, 38K DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    Hello, just wanted to ask how i can optimize my dps.
    Name: Mogdán
    ilvl: 671
    logs: www worldoflogs com/reports/wg3s1arp1eg6katn/
    (sorry just joined the forum so cant post the link correct)

Spec: SV
    iLvl: 677
    Expectations: 32k+ on all fights
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Angular/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/HAwcLh84WJyFna2z

I am rather new to the dps scene (played a healer all other xpacs).
    I have heard that the 3/3 crafted weapon is bugged.
    I did some white hit testing with a 645 weapon vs the 660 crafted, and the results were odd (?) but i am not sure they test provided any usefulness.
    imgur.com/a/IcYvY

Also, i am curious as why there was such a dps difference on the Kromog log compared to the other hunter.

Tips/critique appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ßlink View Post
    Spec: SV
    iLvl: 677
    Expectations: 32k+ on all fights
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Angular/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/HAwcLh84WJyFna2z

I am rather new to the dps scene (played a healer all other xpacs).
    I have heard that the 3/3 crafted weapon is bugged.
    I did some white hit testing with a 645 weapon vs the 660 crafted, and the results were odd (?) but i am not sure they test provided any usefulness.
    imgur.com/a/IcYvY

Also, i am curious as why there was such a dps difference on the Kromog log compared to the other hunter.

Tips/critique appreciated!
    Basically they did more of everything than you, did with higher up times on abilities. They have better uptime on BA in particular, that's something you can definitely work on.

They also have significantly more multistrike than you do 783 base vs 574, which is the most important secondary stat for survival.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2015-02-12 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    Basically they did more of everything than you, did with higher up times on abilities. They have better uptime on BA in particular, that's something you can definitely work on.

They also have significantly more multistrike than you do 783 base vs 574, which is the most important secondary stat for survival.
    thanks, i just noticed you can see multi hits/dmg by hovering over the ability in the logs. Looks to account for a good bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostdevil View Post
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 678
    Expectations: Above 25k-30k on all bosses
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/гордунни/Алтейа/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/88656

I know that i`m must do more dps on all bosses. I feel that did same mistakes in rotation or i couldn`t understand mechanics.

In advance thank, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    On Gruul kill

Low BA Uptime, use FS, shoot more Arcane Shots, don't use Barrage

On BeastLord

When Pack Beast spawn, you need to drop a trap + MS once to spread SS then Barrage. Position yourself to try to hit spears as well.

On Flamebender

Use FS, low BA and SS uptime

Not gonna look through the rest, but this is more or less what's going wrong on every fight.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 669
    Expectations: 31k dps ~~95th percentile warcraft logs
    Armory Link: us battle net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Nonickdigger/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: www warcraftlogs com/reports/k2ZcCjR9XBFAD67g#fight=43&type=damage-done&source=16

I recently switched to survival so I havent quite gotten the multi target rotation down but I think my single target rotation is correct, however, other logs at my item level pull 31k dps single target. What can I do better?

Spec Survival
    Item Level 668
    Expectations: ~27k according to wowhuntertools
    Armory Link: eu_battle_net/wow/ru/character/Азурегос/Фаталшутер/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs_com/reports/p9gZMGmd6Qh47TAL#fight=20&type=damage-done&translate=true&source=5

The problem is that even within my lower ilvl bracket i am ranked at 16%. I compare my data with another hunter from same raid who is ranked 75% warcraftlogs_com/reports/p9gZMGmd6Qh47TAL#fight=20&type=damage-done&translate=true&source=166

Plz, help me to find the problem.

I tried to cast as much ES as possible.
    58 vs 82 ES (24 less)
    11 vs 23 LnL procs (which gave him 24 bonus ES)

We both have 10 BA's
    We both have 4 AMoC's
    SS uptime~98%
    We both used 1 potion.
    I wasn't focus capped.
    We both didnt use explosive trap.

He used Barrage more often than me, but Azortharion's guide says that Barrage is higher priority at >1 targets. Anyway, it shouldn't make such huge difference, between being at 16%bottom of bracket and 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalshooter View Post
    I tried to cast as much ES as possible.
    58 vs 82 ES (24 less)
    11 vs 23 LnL procs (which gave him 24 bonus ES)
    Pontelimon has the 2 piece tier bonus which gives extra procs of LnL. You still didn't fire all of your ES on CD, but your number wasn't too bad.

We both have 10 BA's
    Technically that is true, but way off from meaningful - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s&ability=3674
    This is your BA cast timeline. Your last one was at the very end of the fight and didn't tick for full duration. your uptime vs Pontelimon's is 72.5% vs 78.875, that is the more meaningful number. This is because you aren't prioritizing it and have a several second delay between it coming off CD and when you actually use it.

We both have 4 AMoC's
    Same as above, but doesn't appear as bad(actually is though). These ended up doing damage for the full duration. Not because you used them on cooldown, just because you got lucky and the boss didn't die until after it expired.

SS uptime~98%
    This actually isn't an indicator that you are doing things well, it is just an indicator (if it is a low number) that you are doing things terribly wrong.

We both used 1 potion.
    Why didn't you use 2?

I wasn't focus capped.
    Wrong. You actually wasted nearly 10% of what was generated by Focusing shot -https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/p9gZMGmd6Qh47TAL#fight=20&type=resources&translate=true&source=5&spell=102&ability=152245

He used Barrage more often than me, but Azortharion's guide says that Barrage is higher priority at >1 targets.
    Stop using it at all on single target. It technically is a dps gain if you use it correctly, however if you mess it up(which you are) it ends up being a dps loss. Once 6.1 comes that may change, but for now just stop.

Here is something for you to look at - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=5&by=source
    Your CPM(e) gives a rough Idea of how many shots a person is getting off. A lower number means a lot of downtime where they are doing nothing, a higher number means they are always doing something. 50 is a pretty decent number to shoot for single target. One issue is that Barrage greatly inflates the number. If you stopped using Barrage, your number would be well under the goal. This is because you have a whole lot of time where you aren't doing anything.

Here is the event view - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce&view=events
    If you go through this line by line, you will see a lot of wasted time(in addition to the obvious gaps between the green bars at the top).
    Examples
    00:00:06.991 - Фаталшутер casts Чародейский выстрел on Gruul
    00:00:08.437 - Фаталшутер begins casting Сосредоточенный выстрел
    00:00:09.175 - Фаталшутер casts Разрывной выстрел on Gruul
    You could have fired the Focusing Shot at 00:00:07.991, you were nearly half a second late. Not only did your 1 second ability take you 1.5 seconds, you actually cancelled the FS and didn't get another shot of until almost .7 seconds later, meaning your 1 second ability actually took you 2.183 seconds.

00:00:11.199 - Фаталшутер casts Разрывной выстрел on Gruul
    00:00:12.235 - Фаталшутер begins casting Сосредоточенный выстрел
    00:00:15.094 - Фаталшутер begins casting Сосредоточенный выстрел
    That is a lot of time not doing anything. Things like this are a repeating trend throughout your logs.

Actually you cancelled your Focusing shot 22! TWENTY TWO! times in one single attempt. The amount of time you waste is actually astounding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cheddarman View Post
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 669
    Expectations: 31k dps ~~95th percentile warcraft logs
    Armory Link: us battle net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Nonickdigger/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: www warcraftlogs com/reports/k2ZcCjR9XBFAD67g#fight=43&type=damage-done&source=16

I recently switched to survival so I havent quite gotten the multi target rotation down but I think my single target rotation is correct, however, other logs at my item level pull 31k dps single target. What can I do better?
    I can't access your logs.

Quote Originally Posted by dashmudtz View Post
    I can't access your logs.
    www warcraftlogs com/reports/k2ZcCjR9XBFAD67g#fight=43&source=16&type=damage-done

Woops. Forgot to make them public, you should be able to now.