Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothmaydie View Post
    2: Is it better to not cast an AiS in preparation for Chim shot? i.e if I use AiS I wont have the focus to cast chim until I steady shot or wait for it. I was told to "never stop casting" is this an exception?

3.) When Rapid fire is coming off cd (5-10 sec prior) should I be steady shotting to get 100+ focus before activating it? I'm not sure if thats what you were saying. If thats the case, should I use other things in my rotation (chimeara), put that on cd, use steady shot to get to 100+ focus, then activate rapid fire?

4.) Understood.

But yeah I think my main issue is I'm not sure when to stop casting AiS because I'm always left focus starved and waiting to use chim, and having to cast a steady shot to even use chim, meaning I'm losing time and dps whenever it's just sitting there waiting to be used, but im out of focus.
    So to alleviate that feeling sit with higher amounts of focus bud, instead of AS at 50 focus AS only when you have 85+ because then you will have focus for it.

Always use chim shot on cd but before rapid fire make sure to have a surplus of focus. It is better to delay Rapid Fire a few seconds then Chim shot 3 secs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nygax View Post
    Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 697
    Expectations: Rank 1 hunter in the world (jk)
    Armory Link: battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Nygax/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/yhXc7KqbHfMatBLk#fight=4&type=summary

I'm already doing pretty good, but I'm not ranking #1 which means there are ways for me to improve :P just looking for any little things I may be missing
    1-fix you xmog... seriously right now go watch Asmongolds video about looking good means you do more damage

2-The biggest flaw in your zakuun fight was that you weren't ready to pop rapid fire with your buffs because you dumped focus instead. If you used it right at 2 mins you would have gotten 4-5 more seconds of a better rapid fire out which would have been a big increase to 2-3 aimed shots.

3- Pool focus before rapid fire. you went in with 50 focus and ToTH.

other than that man good job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
    Hey I think I could do some more dps in my gear currently. Some tips/advices would be awesome
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Halynka/simple armory and some logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13
    any fight you want me to look over in specific, I like looking at Fel Lord since that is a patch work fight but you don't have that on there.

Heya !

ilvl . 705
    Expectations : Theres always room for improvement
    Battle net : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...osync/advanced
    Warcraftlogs : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...osync/advanced

Now that i got my 4set t18 iv been parsing at +90% of my ilvl range so i guess its quite ok. But I just wonder is there something i could do remarkably better since I aint that good at looking stuff from the logs. Of course when I get more used to the fights and plan my movement better, the uptime of Sniper training goes up. But can someone see somethign else that might need more work ?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Biosync; 2015-07-17 at 12:32 PM.

Booth, Shine on Vek'nilash (US)
    Spec MM
    Item Level 699
    Expectations: I want to do way more dps then I currently am.
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Booth/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: Tuesday raid: warcraftlogs.com/reports/X6VaRzkbCMHTJxpr Thursday raid: warcraftlogs.com/reports/MX6LdTyK92zjDJQW

Hello, I am in need of assistance on how to do to better DPS. I know my DPS should be much higher then it is (guildie has about same gear lvl as me and puts out way more dmg) I did notice something from my Tuesday raid that I tried to fix for my Thursday raid, Sniper Training up time, I was just moving way to much. I still need more help figuring out what else I am doing wrong. If someone can please take a look and let me know. Thanks in advance!

any fight you want me to look over in specific, I like looking at Fel Lord since that is a patch work fight but you don't have that on there.
    yeah were not at him yet :P.

Thank you Serendia!

Spec MM
    Item Level 697
    Expectations: I should be consistently #1/2 in my raid even on high movement fights (i.e. reaver, which is linked below)
    Armory Link: hmm, not allowed to post links apparently. it's DcifrTHs (night elf hunter on ysera)
    Thurs H Raid: same as above. go to warcraftlogs-> guild = "Caster Lewtz", check Thursday 17th raid, go to Reaver. sorry this is annoying but apparently i can't post links

i feel i've reached a plateau. i was #1/2 as a bm in brf and i played mm most of the time before that so this transition should have been great i think but it hasn't been living up to my expectations, nor my guild's in terms of where i should be.

i'm ok on fights like kilrogg where i'm not doing the most dps, but my avoidable dmg taken and priority targeting are both #1 or #2 in raid. but i can also use some help there if you guys see anything that's missing.

i'm using mostly the sim rotation but not getting close to the 75%+ mark on rankings for our kills (reaver, where i was 18%).

thanks for any help you can provide!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...frths/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RzMvTyKwG4Q9hqfW

And yes i agree ur dps was quite " horrible" but it seems that its a trend in that kill with your guild anyway.

Things i can say instantly are that u miss 1 socket ( hands ) and waht really puts ur dps down is not having the t18 4 set bonus. Its just insane boost to your dps.

Ur Sniper Training uptime was barely 60% which is really bad. Try to plan ur movement beforehand and practise keeping track of the uptime. If ur not using WA2, Get it now. The uptime should be above 90% easily.

The fight seemed really long too so that brings ur dps down a portion too.

Someone whos more skilled with warcraftlogs prolly seems something else but these are the ones i found up atleast.

EDIT: And when I started comparing ur crit % to mine ( equal gear ), the difference is over 10%. Try to aquire the off piece stuf with crit +MS and ur dps will go up.
    Last edited by Biosync; 2015-07-19 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    Carapau

Spec - MM
    Item Level - 698
    Expectations: - To improve and learn where i'm failing compared to other felow hunters.
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Carapau/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/x8M74JqHjNA2LrRn

It seems that my results sometimes varies a bit, i'm not sure why is that, any pointers of improvment are welcome, thanks in advance

[QUOTE=Biosync;34941519And yes i agree ur dps was quite " horrible" but it seems that its a trend in that kill with your guild anyway.

Things i can say instantly are that u miss 1 socket ( hands ) and waht really puts ur dps down is not having the t18 4 set bonus. Its just insane boost to your dps.

Ur Sniper Training uptime was barely 60% which is really bad. Try to plan ur movement beforehand and practise keeping track of the uptime. If ur not using WA2, Get it now. The uptime should be above 90% easily.

The fight seemed really long too so that brings ur dps down a portion too.

Someone whos more skilled with warcraftlogs prolly seems something else but these are the ones i found up atleast.

EDIT: And when I started comparing ur crit % to mine ( equal gear ), the difference is over 10%. Try to aquire the off piece stuf with crit +MS and ur dps will go up.[/QUOTE]

ty bio. a few things:

1. i just got the gloves so didn't have time to socket a crit gem there. i then forgot about it for a few days while i worked on my mage to get the alchemy trinket (stone of elements) since that and skull of war are closest to bis until i get archi's trink.

2. long fights. def forgot about that. we're a casual guild but i'd still like to be performing at expectation for my class/ilvl (which should put me at #1/2 dps consistently). that does bring dps down ofc.

3. i was bm in brf and it's rough b/c lots of gear has haste/mast (even the tier pieces which i just broke to get more agi). i checked pretty thoroughly and this is the "best" i can do w/ what i have. 20 ilvls of agi is too much for 2ndary stats to overcome so even crit/multi gear (that i don't have at 685 anyways) wouldn't be worth it to exchange for haste/multi gear 20 ilvls higher.

4. ST, that's definitely an issue. i'll work on keeping that up much more. the issue seems to be i'm often running long distances that take more than 3 seconds. i try to always keep movement to < 3 seconds but that doesn't work much of the time on high movement fights. that said, it doesn't seem to be close to 90%, even for people with better dps. here's the gorefiend fight: UGH, still can't post links apparently. it's the latest log on my personal logs page in wcl. sorry!

in that fight, there were 4 hunters. i did have among the lowest uptime at 55%, but the highest was 65%ish. and that person did 10k more dps than i did but i also did more dps than other similarly or more highly geared hunters below me (i'm not 100% sure on the ilvls since i was RLing this disaster from like 11pm-4am - 33wipes and 1kill. i did armory hunters to see what they had compared to me though and recall most being at or above me at the time, which was like 697 or 698).

i'd LOVE to get more crit/ms gear. i'm working on the elements trink w/ alchemist so hopefully i'll be doing better in that regard. but most importantly, i think i'm missing stuff in my rotation. i know i'm missing a few chimera shots due to not perfectly timing focus gen/aimed shotting. that 2.3sec cast time is a problem for me alongside steady shot's cast time so sometimes i miss chimera by a second or two. i'm working on that as well.

thanks for the response though as i'll definitely work at the ST buff's uptime.

do you know hunters that i could look up to see their logs? that might help too. i don't know who to look for to look up.

So when we pull the boss, my initial burst in the beginning is insane. I usually am #1 or #2 in my guild as far as dps goes, in the beginning. However, i dont know why i suddenly drop by ALOT. I've noticed that with my 4pc, mid fight, i pop 2 aimed shots and im OOM. Then steady focus again, boom out of mana. Steady focusx2, chimaera then OOM. I can never keep my focus up, where there is so much stuff going on and the raid lead tells us to target swap asap, im seeing my self use steady focus. My other question is, some people state to use Malicious and Beating heart for ST bosses and use the Mirror Trinket/Malicious for AoE bosses? Lastly I feel that because of my gear and ilevel i should be performing better and unfortunately the other hunters in my guild dislike helping me so I have to do a ton of research on my own. Thanks for your time everyone, I hope you can help.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Turb%C3%A0nator/simple

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9742095/latest/#boss=0

Character name Turbànator Mal'Ganis

Marksman 705 Ilevel 4pc HFC

Been also reading online that for ST bosses only such as fel lord, to sub powershot for barrage. Havent tried it yet, but what are your thoughts? Also read that even with ur 4pc HFC tier, to never use barrage on a ST boss. Why is that?
    Last edited by turbanator; 2015-07-22 at 05:28 PM.

Spec MM
    Item Level 682
    Expectations: Other MM are pulling around 40-43k dps on the same fight (around the same ilvl)
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lokro/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1

New to Hunter, its been 100 for a few days now and want to start out by fixing what's wrong and not building bad habits, any criticism is welcome and appreciated!

Spec: MM
    ilvl: 701
    Expectations: My percentiles are pretty low, usually around 40-50%, sometimes higher sometimes lower. Looking to see what I can improve to get these numbers up a bit.
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Dhigga/advanced
    Warcraftlogs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/xpWaYdRDFmAgHLNr#type=damage-done&boss=-2&wipes=2 - Most recent raid as of this post.

I've been playing WoW/Hunter for a while, but recently resubbed/started raiding again, looking for any advice/tips!

MM
    702 ilvl 2pT18
    Expectation: Perform better, make corrections to mistakes.
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ialop/advanced
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Played hunter a long time now, I don't like under-performing. Looking for constructive criticism to help improve play. Thanks you.

Spec Marksman
    Item Level 708
    Expectations: MUCH MUCH higher
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...es/Oude/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#bracket=9

At first, I didn't feel like I was doing that badly. Then I started to look at the logs and noticed that I'm barely breaking the 50 percentile. Hell, on some fights I'm ranked extremely low for my item level. I thought I was doing well playing Marksman.. I'm just not sure what the fuck I'm doing wrong.. Like for the first minute or so of the fights, I'm also on the top of the damage meters. Then I just slowly drop way way down for some reason. What really made me question my DPS is when I was practicing on the target dummy.. I did more DPS as Survival on the target dummy than I did with MM.. Which shouldn't be the case considering MM will always have their 80%+ passive going..

Maybe it's because I don't have my 4P yet.. But I'm still getting beat by a large margin by the other Hunter who doesn't have his 4P (Granted he does have a heroic WF Mannorth Bow) Any advice would be helpful!
    Last edited by NoClueWhatToDo; 2015-07-24 at 01:33 PM.

@dcifrths

Look up the trinket list from Azors guide. SUre both the crafting trinkets are fine but so is Normal coil and blademasters. Also the Kazzak trinket is quite viable nowadays in the latest sims.

On the subject what logs to check.

Just go see the top hunters at ur ilvl bracket in warcraftlogs and you should be fine. Or look at mine. Im not the best but atleast im ranking quite okey thanks to the t18 4 set.https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#boss=1783

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    Spec Marksman
    Item Level 708
    Expectations: MUCH MUCH higher
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...es/Oude/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#bracket=9

At first, I didn't feel like I was doing that badly. Then I started to look at the logs and noticed that I'm barely breaking the 50 percentile. Hell, on some fights I'm ranked extremely low for my item level. I thought I was doing well playing Marksman.. I'm just not sure what the fuck I'm doing wrong.. Like for the first minute or so of the fights, I'm also on the top of the damage meters. Then I just slowly drop way way down for some reason. What really made me question my DPS is when I was practicing on the target dummy.. I did more DPS as Survival on the target dummy than I did with MM.. Which shouldn't be the case considering MM will always have their 80%+ passive going..

Maybe it's because I don't have my 4P yet.. But I'm still getting beat by a large margin by the other Hunter who doesn't have his 4P (Granted he does have a heroic WF Mannorth Bow) Any advice would be helpful!

The " Having 4p set" is the essential part here. People at your ilvl range tend to have the 4set already, so thats why you seem to be really low when you dont have it. Personally i found that my dps went up like 4-7k depending on fight with the 4 set.
    Yr ST uptime seems to be quite ok in all the fights i went trough fast so its good. Just try to go pug normals and get that 4set. If you loose some agi, doesnt matter. 4set is really important.

Quote Originally Posted by Biosync View Post
    @dcifrths

Look up the trinket list from Azors guide. SUre both the crafting trinkets are fine but so is Normal coil and blademasters. Also the Kazzak trinket is quite viable nowadays in the latest sims.

On the subject what logs to check.

Just go see the top hunters at ur ilvl bracket in warcraftlogs and you should be fine. Or look at mine. Im not the best but atleast im ranking quite okey thanks to the t18 4 set.https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...test#boss=1783

- - - Updated - - -

The " Having 4p set" is the essential part here. People at your ilvl range tend to have the 4set already, so thats why you seem to be really low when you dont have it. Personally i found that my dps went up like 4-7k depending on fight with the 4 set.
    Yr ST uptime seems to be quite ok in all the fights i went trough fast so its good. Just try to go pug normals and get that 4set. If you loose some agi, doesnt matter. 4set is really important.
    I guess another thing to note is they have their legendary where as I don't yet. Maybe I'm not playing all that badly and just need my 4P like you said. I'll hit up normal Gorefiend in hope of the pants dropping.

Spec Marks
    Item Level 702ish
    Expectations: To do competitive dps as Marks
    Armory Link: Character: Aliensanta-Whisperwind
    Warcraftlogs Link: Guild: Carried-Whisperwind

It won't let me post links yet so please query using the above details.

Hi, my main is Aliensanta-Whisperwind. I've been playing the game since Vanilla, and gotten progressively farther in raiding leading to doing Mythic Garrosh after getting to 13/14 H prepatch. My spec at that time was Survival, and is what I am most comfortable playing. Fast forward to today, where I've been spec swapping based on what was best spec at the time. Marksmanship is my weakest spec to play and I just can't seem to make it work. I try to apply what I've learned with other specs but the 2.3 sec cast focus dump and high focus costs for abilities just seems to defeat me. Any help would be appreciated, I'm not having fun losing on dps to players with almost ten fewer ilevels than me.

Spec - MM
    Item Level - 704
    Expectations: - To do all the dps
    Armory Link: Here is the link but its being weird us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Khaz'goroth/Kamicrazy/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: It wont let me add a link but on warcraftlogs>displacement>Khaz'goroth> wed July 22nd raid starting at the second boss
    Oh hai!

My sad story begins on a dark and stormy night where it became quite clear that survival was no longer a viable spec when our guild was aiming for mythic. Thus my quest to Beastmastery and NOW, Marksman began. At first I could keep up with the other hunters but it should be mentioned that I have terrible luck with gear. I cannot roll it or win it to save my life. So, I am currently running a 2 + 2 tier (I have 3rd HFC tier piece and am awaiting a 4th), currently have normal tier chest, and hc shoulders + 685 gloves and legs for the second set bonus (HC HFC hat tier sitting in my bag)

Now I have linked some logs, of which I wasn't able to be there for the first boss, hellfire assault but I'm in it for all the other bosses. And as you can also see, I'm at the bottom where dps is concerned. I don't like to be at the bottom. I am very competitive and used to survival 1st or 2nd so being at the bottom, and often therefore being cut during the last few attempts of a prog boss really pisses me off.

I know that 4 piece bonus is apparently a huge thing, but if you look at the top hunter and my dps, there is a megaton of difference and I really could use help. I pour over his replays and dont see any one thing I'm doing differently. Or maybe I just can't see it.

Recently I was a box runner on mythic hellfire assault because my dps was lowest, and could pull 40-50 while top hunter dps did like 60-70 with only 6 ilvls higher? I was able to keep mm buff at around 70% ish and use chimaera, killshot on cooldown. I usually open with pot, stampede, chimaera, aimed and then rapid fire and aimed followed by all the cds as boss goes below 80%.

i have crit gems and enchants and use megawatt filament, greater pots, felfire fishy food and I prepot with draenic agility.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    -Kami
    Last edited by AngryKami; 2015-07-27 at 02:06 AM. Reason: punctuation

Spec-MM (Of course)
    Item Level - 706
    Expectations - Making sure I'm playing as good as possible
    Armory Link - Baregrylls on Whisperwind
    Warcraftlogs Link - Guild name is Particle on Whisperwind
    MMO-Champs doesn't let us lowly new people post links without having posted on other stuff before. Damn bots ruining everything for us!

Hello! I'm a long time forum stalker first time poster. If someone would be so kind as to take a gander and make sure that I'm doing what I need to be that would be awesome.

Keep it up.
    Bare

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turbanator View Post
    So when we pull the boss, my initial burst in the beginning is insane. I usually am #1 or #2 in my guild as far as dps goes, in the beginning. However, i dont know why i suddenly drop by ALOT.
    The reason why you suddenly drop is explained by the following quote:

Thanks to Careful Aim , when your target is above 80% health, or while Rapid Fire is active, your critical strike chance with Steady Shot and Aimed Shot is increased by 50%.

Spec MM
    Item Level 704 (4 set t18)
    Expectations: 60k
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntabear/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=10

Posting on behalf of someone in my guild. He is really unsure where he is going wrong, but since getting his 4 t18 set his dps has actually dropped. He's been scouring over his logs to figure out where he's gone wrong, and unfortunately I don't know enough about hunters to help him much either. Any help appreciated!