View Poll Results: Are you a proud owner of Rhok'delar?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 51.67%
  • No

    29 48.33%
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    The Ancient Keeper

    New achievement for obtaining Rhok'delar:

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Ancient Keeper (New) Obtain Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers and Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers.
    Pretty cool they are going to give some veterans an achievement. I wonder if it will come with a title or something neat?

  2. #2
    Yet, you can now buy acheivement based and played time PVP gear with honor in Legion. The gear that you are only able to get if your got the title and gear while the stuff was current. IE: the banana suit, now in Legion can be bought with honor. It wont last long.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    Yet, you can now buy acheivement based and played time PVP gear with honor in Legion. The gear that you are only able to get if your got the title and gear while the stuff was current. IE: the banana suit, now in Legion can be bought with honor. It wont last long.
    I think this is a little different though as the quest isn't in the game anymore. I can see them releasing something with the same look but it wont give you that achievement. (I dont have it btw, just in case people think that is swaying my thoughts).

  4. #4
    I was awarded this achievy tonight when i logged in on the latest beta build! Was happily surprised. <3 Blizz Finally

  5. #5
    Rhok, Lhok, and Lamina, all earned in classic... Finally a little nod to that!

  6. #6
    I was the first person I knew to get all the way to acquiring the black sinew from Onyxia. A half dozen kills and no sinew. Then I took a break from my hunter and wow for a bit. Never did finish. Still have the quiver and quest staff in my inventory. *sigh*

  7. #7
    Pretty much the only item I kept on my vanilla hunter. Sadly got rid of all my sets and Naxx gear. Didn't have full T3 since we couldn't get enough good tanks for 4H but would be nice to still have those appearances.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Osinin View Post
    I think this is a little different though as the quest isn't in the game anymore. I can see them releasing something with the same look but it wont give you that achievement. (I dont have it btw, just in case people think that is swaying my thoughts).
    MM and Survival both have hidden artifact looks that are similar (leafy type weapons) to Rhok and Lok respectively.
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

  9. #9
    I have and still wear my quiver, but I never bothered actually getting the bow so no achievement for me. Still holding out (futile) hope that they will have data to reward tier 3 appearances for those who earned them in vanilla.

  10. #10
    Leaf would never drop while on my Hunter so I gave up. Regret not persisting to this very day...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PuliGT View Post
    Pretty much the only item I kept on my vanilla hunter. Sadly got rid of all my sets and Naxx gear. Didn't have full T3 since we couldn't get enough good tanks for 4H but would be nice to still have those appearances.
    Never fear, I believe they said recently, next they would also be looking at adding/restoring all original Naxx gear earned to transmog libraries come legion.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven- View Post
    Never fear, I believe they said recently, next they would also be looking at adding/restoring all original Naxx gear earned to transmog libraries come legion.
    Do they even have it recorded in their databases about things people collected 10 years ago? That would be great for me, because I vendored naxx gear including the http://www.wowhead.com/item=23221/misplaced-servo-arm.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Do they even have it recorded in their databases about things people collected 10 years ago? That would be great for me, because I vendored naxx gear including the http://www.wowhead.com/item=23221/misplaced-servo-arm.
    Why'd you sell them out of curiosity?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    Why'd you sell them out of curiosity?
    Bag space and I was a dumb kid at the time. Keep in mind this was also long before transmog was in the game.

  15. #15
    I don't know about servo arm since it was just a drop, but the tier 3 armor was a repeatable quest turn in IIRC, and the hope is that there is a record of that. But who knows for sure? It was a LONG time ago, and is relevant to a relatively small number of the active player base.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Exiztence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    599
    They said they don't track repeatable quests, when someone questioned AQ40 so I doubt T3 will be any different.
    Time wounds all heels.

  17. #17
    Which is why earlier in the thread I referred to it as a futile hope, but maybe they tracked something, although I can't really think of what that would allow them to accurate grant appearances that were earned. If nothing else its mostly wishful thinking and kind of offtopic to the point of the thread.

  18. #18
    Lol I still have the leaf in my bank, never got around to getting bow sadly.

  19. #19
    So, will we beable to do it from the start to obtain the bow? Or is this just an achievement for those who got it those years ago?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    So, will we beable to do it from the start to obtain the bow? Or is this just an achievement for those who got it those years ago?
    That's a good question actually.

    When you read the achievement text, it speaks of obtain in the present sense and not past tense. I might be reading too much into that, but it suggests they are bringing the quest back as it will be something you can do.

    I just hope they at least give the veteran holders a unique title or something. I'm okay with them bringing the quest and xmog back for new players because it was really fun and interesting. But I'm not okay with it being an exact reward to what veterans had to do back in the day.

    I would like it to be similar to the class hall sets. Basically you get 90% of what people got from the MoP CM sets, but if you did those then you get a tiny bit extra.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2016-06-28 at 03:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •