¥ Legion Marksman Artifact Information ¥

Introduction

Hey fellow hunters! Let me start off by saying that this post is mainly directed at the raiding community for hunters. Please feel free to discuss and share information on this subject, if I get something wrong or am proven to have a better option available, I will add it. Let me also go ahead and state that for the first raid of legion, The Emerald Nightmare, the marksmanship hunter artifact is what you want to go ahead and pick for raiding. The reasons are many, just refer yourself to anything Azortharion has posted, or look around on these forums. The general consensus is that MM is what is accepted to be the better overall raiding spec in several aspects. Although BM will be more general dps in terms of AoE, it barely beats MM at the moment and wont have its day until later built up in artifact traits for end raid mythic difficulty.

Artifact Pathways

The following Pathways for your artifact should be relatively self explanatory in terms of why we go these specific ways to begin with. For raiding we have 3 weeks from launch to the release of The Emerald Nightmare. Because of this there should no no reason for you not to have at least two gold traits by its opening, provided you do your part and get that sweet sweet artifact power.

We start by going directly to the left for called shot, then rush your way to rapid killing. You wanna get to rapid killing asap, because of the flat crit damage you gain during trueshots uptime, which combined with the Ullr's Feather Snowshoes, and 3 points in the quick shot trait... you are going to be radiating damage at that point. The beginning build is as follows:
    PART 1

At this point you have two options, which wont matter in the end, since you are spending 4 points either way. They are Bullseye for 6% crit that stacks up on the target for 6 seconds refreshing for every application, this only works post 20% on the target, pretty much a soft dragged out execute. Or you could go for Legacy of the Windrunners, which is where aimed shot has a chance to become 6 extra wind arrows on your current target. It literally matters not which way to decide to go since these are both the two gold traits we want before raid for sure. If anything this is a quality of life choice for dungeons and world quests, for arguments sake, Id for for the Legacy of the Windrunners because of how many times you are gonna be casting aimed shot versus how much time you are actually gonna spend on a target post 20% for crit. Here are the two options:

PART 2(op. 1)

PART 2(op. 2)

At this time you definitely want to go for precision and then the gold trait right after, the raid will have been out for a while by this point. AFTER you have the 3rd gold trait, we want to grab the 3 points of quick shot and critical focus. The Ullr's Feather Snowshoes will be good enough without quick shot, for you reduced trueshot cooldown, until you have both. Really grind out those world quests and dungeons for a shot at those boots, they do wonders. Assuming you have kept up with your artifact research and artifact power grinding, here is what your tree should look like by that time:

PART 3

Finally you can choose between the last 2 sets of 3, being AotT healing during its duration, or damage reduction after disengaging for a duration. Lets be honest... that mobile mage ice block healing is gonna be our friend in tight situations on fights. Aside from that, if it isn't obvious after the disengage DR... Dump the rest of what you will get into Windflight Arrows till its 20/20 (have fun working on that)~

• Useful Resources •

- Medivh’s 7.0 Guide -

- Hunter Discord -

- Artifact Power Schedule -

- MM Trinket Sims (all 850 iLvl) -

- Nixx's MM Guide -

Thanks for the long read, Hope this helps many of you on your choice and experience for Early Hunter Raiding in Legion. Let this post also serve as a place to discuss and have questions answered. Most of which can already be found on Azortharions posts and guides, as much of this is based off of his work.
    Shout Out to Azor!
    Last edited by Kazezoku; 2016-08-23 at 11:50 PM.

Just friendly advice...
    Use at least default font size - this is bleeding my eyes.
    If you have to emphasize something - use bold style or bigger font or color.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Just friendly advice...
    Use at least default font size - this is bleeding my eyes.
    If you have to emphasize something - use bold style or bigger font or color.
    i second this

And please don't center the text, IMO it makes it a bit harder to read it too.

what does the (R) stand for in the Trinket sims?

first i have to say, i find this thread very nice arranged and easy to read (idk why some people dont)

second, i dont see a "general consensus" about MM beeing the best spec for raiders at all

Quote Originally Posted by aerlins View Post
    first i have to say, i find this thread very nice arranged and easy to read (idk why some people dont)

second, i dont see a "general consensus" about MM beeing the best spec for raiders at all
    It was edited so you may have missed the 1st posting of it.

It has been mentioned multiple times through out multiple threads. the hunter discord chat, and even other places out side of MMO-champ, that thus far out side of perhaps 2 / 3 fights MM will perform, again at this massively early stage, better than BM when taking in the full kit MM brings to the table, and mechanics, positioning and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by aerlins View Post

Second, i don't see a "general consensus" about MM being the best spec for raiders at all
    Thanks for the new look praise. Aside from that, just gotta look around, if my word isnt good enough. More importantly the great Azor knows it too lol. Feel free to do some research on it, but its just better all around for now.

So, I'm not sure why this thread is necessary, but there is no difference between what Azor and I are recommending on the path to 20.

This is the preferred path to get Bullseye with RK along the way, along with when you'll get what trait:

This is a dps breakdown, with this path highlighted, showing why the Bullseye path is the best at 16 trait invested and by how much of Legacy/RK.

And here is the old path:

Which is fine too and does a bit more AoE damage rather than single target damage in mythic dungeons during 1st and 2nd week (bullseye pulls ahead on single target in longer fights). As I've been saying for a week or two, either is fine. Just make sure you've invested properly into Legacy, RK, Bullseye (20 traits) by Week 3 when Emerald Nightmare opens up.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    So, I'm not sure why this thread is necessary, but there is no difference between what Azor and I are recommending on the path to 20.
    You guys did good, and if you read everything, a good deal of what I include in there is from Azor and other TC Hunters from mmochamp and their contributions. I made the post mainly as an informative breakdown on the artifact if that wasn't obvious from the start, though discussion and information sharing is welcome~

Thanks for the images, though links are better. You just go for bullseye first is the only difference, yet for serious raiders... they should have both by EN release. Just viewpoint is all for the first two gold traits, bullseye without a doubt ties in with the other members dps in your group.