Page 7 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    sandman, I believe this post was aimed at you as well, but I forgot to include your name/a quote. Looking first at the Ultraxion Normal kill. You had 135 ES ticks and the other hunter had 153 with 5 extra LnL procs. While factoring in the LnL procs you're still behind on ES casts, so make sure you aren't delaying your ES with other shots and are never focus starved. Also, he has 6 more BA ticks than you which means increased LnL procs (shouldn't be 5 more, looks like you got pretty terrible RNG). As mentioned you didn't have pet talents the Culling of the Herd + Call of the Wild would definitely help as well as all of the other passive pet damage buffs.

It doesn't look like you got lust either on Ultrax so you may have been phased out when it was cast?

Either way, on that fight you want to line up your Chronohunter proc with Lust (assuming you lust at the start) and then once the 4p drops use RF. Make sure to use Engi/CotW/pot right away with the Chronohunter/Lust and it will carry over to the RF/Lust. You could have also delayed your 3rd engi glove use to line up your second chronohunter proc without losing out on an engi glove proc so make sure you're watching the ICD on Chronohunter, if you're not NeedtoKnow is a good addon for doing so. The log only shows you getting 21.2 seconds from the Tol'vir pot so 1) it looks like it was popped early/partially in the zone out phase and 2) you didn't use a second which you should use with the 2nd Chronohunter proc or with execute range.

I usually just look at Ultraxion parses as there are too many factors in other fights such as number of black oozes, number of times blocked, etc; but you can extrapolate this information to other fights and decide when to use CDs and what to stack. You should easily break 40k with the pet talents/reforging/and the above recommendations.

Not 100% sure who this review was about as I didn't add the name at the time.
    Last edited by Jigsawe; 2012-02-24 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 398
    Expectations: 40-41k dps on Ultraxion HC is my current goal. I got 39k dps on my last Ultraxion HC kill, which Im pretty happy about, but seeing other logs I know that there is alot of room for improvement.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ildar/advanced
    I didnt have the 403 Wrath on the kill in my log. I was using the LFR version instead on that kill.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/i77ei...?s=6754&e=7054

My last Ultraxion was already an improvement compared to my first kill (in which I did 36k dps), but Im looking for more as according to raidbots 50% of the survival hunters that killed Ultrax HC were better than me. I feel like I got the gear to do more dps, but that Im doing something wrong. I noticed that I focuscapped once during BL, so there is some room for improvement on that part atleast, but I feel like there are more little things.

Currently I reforged for Crit > Mastery > Haste. My haste rating is currently 1075 and I cant get it lower at this moment. I sadly still have the Starcatcher Compass as second trinket as my Vial of Shadows still hasnt dropped, so I think I had a Cobra Shot below the GCD at some moments in the fight of which I supplied the log.

The only addon I currently use to help me do more DPS is Serenity, which helped me alot in improving since that I installed it.

Can anyone help me pull that 2k extra dps (got to beat that autoslapping rogue :P)

EDIT:

Ive gone for ES->ES->AS->ES whenever possible btw, some sources say this is the right thing to do, other state that if you have enough focus and you dont have to cast BA soon that you have to do ES->AS->ES->AS->ES
    Last edited by mmoc58074849ee; 2012-02-21 at 07:09 PM.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 392
    Expectations: Over 40k on Ultraxion
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ypwnz/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10011&e=10335
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=70523

I feel I'm doing everything right, but not quite there. It was an unexpected pull so I was not able to prepot. I'm not so much into min/maxing as to use two pets for the Call of the Wild buff.

After playing on Femaledwarf for a few, I see that the LFR Bow is better than the 397 Xbow by about 700 dps. Gonna try it out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 398
    Expectations: 40-41k dps on Ultraxion HC is my current goal. I got 39k dps on my last Ultraxion HC kill, which Im pretty happy about, but seeing other logs I know that there is alot of room for improvement.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ildar/advanced
    I didnt have the 403 Wrath on the kill in my log. I was using the LFR version instead on that kill.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/i77ei...?s=6754&e=7054

My last Ultraxion was already an improvement compared to my first kill (in which I did 36k dps), but Im looking for more as according to raidbots 50% of the survival hunters that killed Ultrax HC were better than me. I feel like I got the gear to do more dps, but that Im doing something wrong. I noticed that I focuscapped once during BL, so there is some room for improvement on that part atleast, but I feel like there are more little things.

Currently I reforged for Crit > Mastery > Haste. My haste rating is currently 1075 and I cant get it lower at this moment. I sadly still have the Starcatcher Compass as second trinket as my Vial of Shadows still hasnt dropped, so I think I had a Cobra Shot below the GCD at some moments in the fight of which I supplied the log.

The only addon I currently use to help me do more DPS is Serenity, which helped me alot in improving since that I installed it.

Can anyone help me pull that 2k extra dps (got to beat that autoslapping rogue :P)

EDIT:

Ive gone for ES->ES->AS->ES whenever possible btw, some sources say this is the right thing to do, other state that if you have enough focus and you dont have to cast BA soon that you have to do ES->AS->ES->AS->ES
    The ES AS ES AS ES rotation is never better as it delays ES. If you have enough focus going into the LnL to do so, you should do ES AS ES ES AS. Which is basically just a permutation of ES ES AS ES in that it retains the same ES CD usage over the 4 second LnL interval as well as the extra AS to dump focus after.

I'll edit again tomorrow when I'm more awake, but taking a quick look at your Ultrax breakdown, you were haste capped at least twice during the fight. Delay your first RF until the second Engi glove use. The second one you couldn't really do anything about when Chrono/Velocity proc'd during lust. I don't really understand why your raid doesn't lust at the start as it is almost unanimously accepted that it's better. The thing about haste procs (and BL) during the hunter excute is that it doesn't effect our execute and thus causes the negative feedback mechanism EJ has talked about from time to time. You can go look it up if you're interested, but in essence since your execute doesn't scale with haste, by lusting sub 20% or whenever you lusted you're decreasing the execute phase and thus providing lower dps/damage done overall.

In your pets spec take 1 point out of Shark Attack and put it into 2/2 Wild Hunt.

Your gems/enchants/glyphs/reforging all looks correct.

You also clipped at least 2 ES dot ticks, possibly anywhere from 2 to 5 to 8 during the fight, I'm not going to figure out where, but make sure you don't use LnL improperly.

From theoretical idealness you were about 16 ES' lower than the maximum you could've cast during that fight, though that number also depends largely on really good RNG with your LnL procs; either way you can probably squeeze out a few more ES casts so just make sure you're using it on CD every time it's up.

You got "jewed" on Kill Shot crits with Sniper Training, which may have helped you break 40k.

Here's one example where there was 10 seconds between ES casts :
    [21:25:49.955] Ultraxion afflicted by Explosive Shot from Mithrildar
    [21:25:49.955] Mithrildar Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12961
    [21:25:49.955] Mithrildar Speaking of Rage Ultraxion *1634*
    [21:25:49.955] Mithrildar's Speaking of Rage fades from Ultraxion
    [21:25:50.698] Mithrildar casts Arcane Shot on Ultraxion
    [21:25:50.698] Mithrildar Black Arrow Ultraxion 4238
    [21:25:50.936] Mithrildar Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12961
    [21:25:51.134] Mithrildar Auto Shot Ultraxion *15310*
    [21:25:51.417] Mithrildar Arcane Shot Ultraxion *33355*
    [21:25:51.948] Mithrildar Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12960
    [21:25:51.948] Mithrildar's Explosive Shot fades from Ultraxion
    [21:25:52.345] Mithrildar Serpent Sting Ultraxion 4093
    [21:25:52.707] Mithrildar Black Arrow Ultraxion *8858*
    [21:25:54.544] Mithrildar Black Arrow Ultraxion *8858*
    [21:25:55.410] Mithrildar Serpent Sting Ultraxion *8555*
    [21:25:56.633] Mithrildar Black Arrow Ultraxion *8858*
    [21:25:58.167] Mithrildar casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [21:25:58.371] Mithrildar Serpent Sting Ultraxion *8555*
    [21:25:58.572] Mithrildar Black Arrow Ultraxion 4239
    [21:25:58.785] Mithrildar Auto Shot Ultraxion *16228*
    [21:25:59.025] Ultraxion afflicted by Explosive Shot from Mithrildar
    Last edited by Jigsawe; 2012-02-24 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the great reply

I didnt know about the LnL rotation as I always thought ES lasted 2 seconds so I had 1 Global CD before I should shoot Explosive Shot again (I thought I would waste some ticks of ES if I did ES->ES->AS->ES). I will use ES->ES->AS->ES->AS from now on then.

As for the RF and haste capping. I currently have 2 problems at this moment with haste: I sadly still have the Starcatcher compass instead of the Vial of Shadows as it hasnt dropped yet . Its atm pretty hard for me to keep track of things like my gloves tinker, do you use a specific addon to keep track of this?
    As for the Bloodlust. I know this is not good to lust at that moment and I'd really like to change it so I can get even higher dps on that fight, but the problem is that my raidleader is already mad on me for not agreeing with his tactics on some other fights and I really cant afford it to try to change such a thing on a boss that we already killed twice, so sadly Ill have to live with a bloodlust at that moment.

What do you mean with jewing the Kill Shots and sniper training?

As for that part of the log: Before that nights raid I read somewhere that I should use Black Arrow on cooldown as the procs would give me an higher dps increase, so I delayed the Explosive Shot there with 1 global cooldown to be able to cast Black Arrow. I assume that delaying Explosive Shot for Black Arrow isnt as good as I thought (although I felt like I had a high amount of procs during the fight)

Thanks for the help I will kill Ultraxion again on monday and I will use this advice to get higher dps

Deleted
    You got "jewed" on Kill Shot crits with Sniper Training, which may have helped you break 40k.
    Errrr, nice advice overall, but probably not the place for casual anti-semitism or comments that could be construed in such a way, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    Thanks for the great reply

I didnt know about the LnL rotation as I always thought ES lasted 2 seconds so I had 1 Global CD before I should shoot Explosive Shot again (I thought I would waste some ticks of ES if I did ES->ES->AS->ES). I will use ES->ES->AS->ES->AS from now on then.

As for the RF and haste capping. I currently have 2 problems at this moment with haste: I sadly still have the Starcatcher compass instead of the Vial of Shadows as it hasnt dropped yet . Its atm pretty hard for me to keep track of things like my gloves tinker, do you use a specific addon to keep track of this?
    As for the Bloodlust. I know this is not good to lust at that moment and I'd really like to change it so I can get even higher dps on that fight, but the problem is that my raidleader is already mad on me for not agreeing with his tactics on some other fights and I really cant afford it to try to change such a thing on a boss that we already killed twice, so sadly Ill have to live with a bloodlust at that moment.

What do you mean with jewing the Kill Shots and sniper training?

As for that part of the log: Before that nights raid I read somewhere that I should use Black Arrow on cooldown as the procs would give me an higher dps increase, so I delayed the Explosive Shot there with 1 global cooldown to be able to cast Black Arrow. I assume that delaying Explosive Shot for Black Arrow isnt as good as I thought (although I felt like I had a high amount of procs during the fight)

Thanks for the help I will kill Ultraxion again on monday and I will use this advice to get higher dps
    I use NeedtoKnow to track ICDs though there are several addons that serve the same function. ES has a higher priority than BA, so if they're coming off CD at the same time ES should be fired first. The Kill Shot comment just meant that you got really bad RNG with KS crits and otherwise would've broken 40k.
    Last edited by Jigsawe; 2012-02-25 at 12:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsawe View Post
    I use NeedtoKnow to track ICDs though there are several addons that serve the same function. ES has a higher priority than BA, so if they're coming off CD at the same time ES should be fired first. The Kill Shot comment just meant that you got really bad RNG with KS crits and otherwise would've broken 40k.
    Ah okay thanks again . I will get that addon then
    Last edited by mmoc58074849ee; 2012-02-25 at 10:58 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    B]Spec[/B]Survival
    Item Level374
    Expectations:right now im hitting about 17k dps id love to be higher
    Armory Link:http:// us.battle.net/wow/en/character/echo-isles/Eshaswrath/simple
    I rly dont know whats wrong but i know the head and the trinket are not helping me Maybe someone can point out something else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathie View Post
    SpecSurvival
    Item Level374
    Expectations:right now im hitting about 17k dps id love to be higher
    Armory Link:http:// us.battle.net/wow/en/character/echo-isles/Eshaswrath/simple
    I rly dont know whats wrong but i know the head and the trinket are not helping me Maybe someone can point out something else?
    1. No head enchant, chest has wrong enchant (needs to be peerless stats), wrists have wrong enchant (needs to be +50 agi), gloves have wrong enchant (need to be +65 mastery), ranged has no enchant.
    2. Reforges are completely off. Please use either the addon ReforgeLite or the website Wow-reforge.com to get these right. These need to be Hit (exactly 8.00%) > Haste 757 > crit > mastery > haste.

Please try to read up the actual guide before posting in this topic, all of this stuff I can find right now could have been fixed by just reading the guide here on the forums. Also you sadly did not provide any logs, so I cant check up on focuscapping or wrong use of LnL.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 394
    Expectations: More than 25k on normal spine
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eeing/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: n/a
    Femaledwarf Link: n/a

I need help on normal spine my dps is very very low on that fight.

Spec:Survival
    Item Level:401
    Expectations:Ranking on Heroic fights
    Armory Link:Not allowed to post Links
    Worldoflogs Link:Not allowed to post Links. Exodar Disciples of Gabriel-Core 1
    Femaledwarf Link:Use Simulation craft

So a few things of note. My raid is missing +3% dmg buff on any fight with 2 tanks and I'm forced to use a cunning pet on any fight with three healers.
    Right now I'm reforged between Crit>Haste>Mastery and Crit>Mastery>Haste. When I reforge to one, I run my stat weights through Simc and it tells me to use the other. I plotted several reforge points and found the best one in between according to Simc.(The graph is weird with many large peaks and valleys. I assume I'm at a point where haste and mastery are almost equal.)

My dmg on Ultraxion is good, but considering my gear, I know it can be a lot better. Also, most other fights are fairly low for my gear level. I use ES>ES(after GCD ends)>AS>ES. I'm worried about clipping ticks because it happens sometimes on dummies but I don't know enough about WoL to check. Also from checking ranking player's logs and armory I've noticed a few things that seem odd.

1. I get more ES ticks than some ranked logs, but in all other shots they have far more. I have no idea how they are doing more dps if they are trading ES for other shots.
    2. Some ranked players are using Agi enchant on back and hands. I ran there stat weights through Simc and it comes out as a DPS lose but they use it anyways
    3.Spire of Co[H]... and Horrifying Horn...[H] sim out to more DPS for me but most other players claim the opposite.

On the whole, my dps isn't bad, but I know I can do so much better. I'm pretty certain I'm doing everything "right," as far as gems/rotation/enchants/reforge, I just need better execution, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that specifically or figure out what area's to start working on.

Quote Originally Posted by webwierdo View Post
    Spec:Survival
    Item Level:401
    Expectations:Ranking on Heroic fights
    Armory Link:Not allowed to post Links
    Worldoflogs Link:Not allowed to post Links. Exodar Disciples of Gabriel-Core 1
    Femaledwarf Link:Use Simulation craft

So a few things of note. My raid is missing +3% dmg buff on any fight with 2 tanks and I'm forced to use a cunning pet on any fight with three healers.
    Right now I'm reforged between Crit>Haste>Mastery and Crit>Mastery>Haste. When I reforge to one, I run my stat weights through Simc and it tells me to use the other. I plotted several reforge points and found the best one in between according to Simc.(The graph is weird with many large peaks and valleys. I assume I'm at a point where haste and mastery are almost equal.)

My dmg on Ultraxion is good, but considering my gear, I know it can be a lot better. Also, most other fights are fairly low for my gear level. I use ES>ES(after GCD ends)>AS>ES. I'm worried about clipping ticks because it happens sometimes on dummies but I don't know enough about WoL to check. Also from checking ranking player's logs and armory I've noticed a few things that seem odd.

1. I get more ES ticks than some ranked logs, but in all other shots they have far more. I have no idea how they are doing more dps if they are trading ES for other shots.
    2. Some ranked players are using Agi enchant on back and hands. I ran there stat weights through Simc and it comes out as a DPS lose but they use it anyways
    3.Spire of Co[H]... and Horrifying Horn...[H] sim out to more DPS for me but most other players claim the opposite.

On the whole, my dps isn't bad, but I know I can do so much better. I'm pretty certain I'm doing everything "right," as far as gems/rotation/enchants/reforge, I just need better execution, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that specifically or figure out what area's to start working on.
    For starters, if you have 2 piece you should reforge Crit > Mastery > Haste until you have near full BiS and DI from a lock then you can do some weird things with haste. If your ES/ES/AS/ES is clipping on dummies then it is most likely clipping on bosses so delay it by 0.01 seconds, or as close as possible.

1. In regards to this, it is largely due to variance in the kill times and the subsequent amount of ES' different individuals will get. LnL also has some variance so that's something else to check and if your BA uptimes correspond (not damage done, just % uptime) then one of you just got bad RNG.

2. Agi to Back and Hands is inferior, Crit and Mastery are the better enchants, respectively.

3. H Spire is better than normal Kiril, though you can use Kiril for the proc and then switch to H Spire when the ICD for Fury of the Beasts is active. H Horrifying Horn is better for all alliance and any non-troll Horde hunter than the regular Vishanka.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsawe View Post
    For starters, if you have 2 piece you should reforge Crit > Mastery > Haste until you have near full BiS and DI from a lock then you can do some weird things with haste. If your ES/ES/AS/ES is clipping on dummies then it is most likely clipping on bosses so delay it by 0.01 seconds, or as close as possible.

1. In regards to this, it is largely due to variance in the kill times and the subsequent amount of ES' different individuals will get. LnL also has some variance so that's something else to check and if your BA uptimes correspond (not damage done, just % uptime) then one of you just got bad RNG.

2. Agi to Back and Hands is inferior, Crit and Mastery are the better enchants, respectively.

3. H Spire is better than normal Kiril, though you can use Kiril for the proc and then switch to H Spire when the ICD for Fury of the Beasts is active. H Horrifying Horn is better for all alliance and any non-troll Horde hunter than the regular Vishanka.
    Straight Crit>Master>Haste is showing up as a DPS loss for me. As I said the reforge graph SimC gives me is very weird so I think I'm in a unique place in regards my reforges until I get another piece of gear.

What do you mean by "near full BiS and DI from a lock then you can do some weird things with haste". Do you just mean you start stacking haste or does something else fundamentally change.

Do you know how to check clipping in WoL? That would be very helpful?

1. My BA uptime is 78-80%. Checked 4 ranked logs and that seems to be about average. Most of the ranked fights are shorter than mine which explains how I have more ES than they do. In one log I checked, their fight was 30 sec shorter but they had more AS than me and I have more CoS. This makes me think I'm holding onto more focus than I need, or I'm capping and wasting focus. Does anyone know how I would check this using WoL?

2. My current knowledge would agree with this statement, but several of the top (though not the #1) ranked players are using these enchants. I assume there is some special situation that makes it better, but I don't know what it is and I don't believe they are doing it just for kicks.

3. My own Sims agree with this statement, but again it seems to be against the general public opinion. I'm fully open to the idea that the general public is ignorant, but do you have any other proof than personal experience?

Straight Crit>Master>Haste is showing up as a DPS loss for me. As I said the reforge graph SimC gives me is very weird so I think I'm in a unique place in regards my reforges until I get another piece of gear.

What do you mean by "near full BiS and DI from a lock then you can do some weird things with haste". Do you just mean you start stacking haste or does something else fundamentally change.

Do you know how to check clipping in WoL? That would be very helpful?

1. My BA uptime is 78-80%. Checked 4 ranked logs and that seems to be about average. Most of the ranked fights are shorter than mine which explains how I have more ES than they do. In one log I checked, their fight was 30 sec shorter but they had more AS than me and I have more CoS. This makes me think I'm holding onto more focus than I need, or I'm capping and wasting focus. Does anyone know how I would check this using WoL?

2. My current knowledge would agree with this statement, but several of the top (though not the #1) ranked players are using these enchants. I assume there is some special situation that makes it better, but I don't know what it is and I don't believe they are doing it just for kicks.

3. My own Sims agree with this statement, but again it seems to be against the general public opinion. I'm fully open to the idea that the general public is ignorant, but do you have any other proof than personal experience?
    With full BiS gear + DI you can prioritize Haste over Mastery to get CS closer to CS and eliminate delaying ES with CS casts.
    In WoL go to Log Browser and set the parameters to you and Explosive Shot and you can look through it to see if any were clipped. You can also just see if your total number of ES ticks is a multiple of 3, while this doesn't prove you weren't clipping (as you could have clipped a multiple of 3 ES') it will show most of the time if you are.

1. There's no way of checking if you focus capped to my knowledge. Your main rotations should be either ES - 3 CS - ES at really low focus levels or ES - CS x 2 AS x 2 - ES in whatever combination doesn't cap you while not focus starving you for ES (just substitute BA in for one of the instants).

2. If our logs were public I would have top 5 parses for most of these fights including 2nd on Ultraxion, right below Ntchrist who gets DI's, so I can assure you that the people you're looking at who disagree are wrong. It was better in prior tiers, however, Agi scales worse than pure Crit and Mastery as levels of the stats increase, respectively, thus the enchants are no longer the best. People who are still using them probably don't realize or don't care and thus haven't changed.

3. I could load the fd analyzer to prove it, but I honestly don't feel like wasting my time (nothing personal). The fd analyzer also doesn't have an option for weapon swapping so it wouldn't model using them in tandem correctly anyways. Again, people who are using the opposite are just out of the loop and probably not reliable sources of information.

Edit: Have to run a few errands for a couple of hours so if you respond I'm not ignoring it just not at my comp.
    Last edited by Jigsawe; 2012-03-01 at 08:51 PM.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 397
    Expectations: 40k+ on H Ultraxion
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndenz/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iv...?s=2002&e=2314
    Femaledwarf Link: n/a

I don't think my DPS is low, but I'd like it to be higher. I use normal Kiril, wait for it to proc and then switch to heroic Spire. I'm a little bit lacking in the trinket part, needing to use the VP trinket, and I also haven't had any luck with a normal bow off Madness. Even so, I feel like I should be higher. Critique away!

Checking some more stuff but off the top of my head, you have 3 heroic pieces that could use some epics gems. Your not replacing them anytime so they are worth the money. Your reforging away from mastery which isn't ideal. Reforging to the follow should see a little bump. If you use the addon reforgerade, you can copy the string directly into it.

Neck : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Shoulders : HasteRating -> HitRating
    Chest : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Waist : HasteRating -> MasteryRating
    Feet : HasteRating -> MasteryRating
    Wrists : HasteRating -> MasteryRating
    Hands : HasteRating -> HitRating
    Ring1 : HasteRating -> MasteryRating
    Ring2 : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Trinket2 : HasteRating -> CritRating
    Back : HasteRating -> HitRating
    MainHand : MasteryRating -> CritRating

Since your stuck with Sigil for now, you can make the most of it with a little bit of work. Most people will macro their racial/trinkets/engineering buffs into a commonly cast shot so they don't forget. If you cast them manually, you can get a lot more out the sigil by stacking the effects together. Its best to use a cooldown tracker because if you forget about one entirely you will lose DPS. Also you don't want to wait to long to stack them all together. The seconds you spend waiting could add up over the coarse of the fight to a missed chance to cast one of the buffs.

I'm not entirely sure how to read this correctly. If I understand, I'm looking for cases where only 2 "Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion XXXXX" appear before the next cast. So from this block here

[21:56:32.258] Legaia casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [21:56:33.045] Ultraxion afflicted by Explosive Shot from Legaia
    [21:56:33.045] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12751
    [21:56:34.051] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12751
    [21:56:35.043] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26652*
    [21:56:35.043] Legaia's Explosive Shot fades from Ultraxion
    [21:56:40.666] Legaia casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [21:56:41.434] Ultraxion afflicted by Explosive Shot from Legaia
    [21:56:41.434] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26707*
    [21:56:41.654] Legaia casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion<--------------------Clip
    [21:56:42.462] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12779
    [21:56:42.462] Ultraxion's Explosive Shot is refreshed by Legaia<-------------Clip
    [21:56:42.462] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26818*
    [21:56:43.453] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26819*
    [21:56:44.439] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26818*
    [21:56:44.726] Legaia casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [21:56:45.457] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26818*
    [21:56:45.457] Legaia's Explosive Shot fades from Ultraxion<-----------------No idea how it fades after 1 tick
    [21:56:45.515] Ultraxion afflicted by Explosive Shot from Legaia
    [21:56:45.515] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26658*
    [21:56:46.520] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12755
    [21:56:47.507] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12754
    [21:56:47.507] Legaia's Explosive Shot fades from Ultraxion

I'm not entirely sure how to read this correctly. If I understand, I'm looking for cases where only 2 "Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion XXXXX" appear before the next cast. So from this block here

[21:56:32.258] Legaia casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [21:56:33.045] Ultraxion afflicted by Explosive Shot from Legaia
    [21:56:33.045] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12751
    [21:56:34.051] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12751
    [21:56:35.043] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26652*
    [21:56:35.043] Legaia's Explosive Shot fades from Ultraxion
    [21:56:40.666] Legaia casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [21:56:41.434] Ultraxion afflicted by Explosive Shot from Legaia
    [21:56:41.434] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26707*
    [21:56:41.654] Legaia casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion<--------------------Clip
    [21:56:42.462] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12779
    [21:56:42.462] Ultraxion's Explosive Shot is refreshed by Legaia<-------------Clip
    [21:56:42.462] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26818*
    [21:56:43.453] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26819*
    [21:56:44.439] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26818*
    [21:56:44.726] Legaia casts Explosive Shot on Ultraxion
    [21:56:45.457] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26818*
    [21:56:45.457] Legaia's Explosive Shot fades from Ultraxion<-----------------No idea how it fades after 1 tick
    [21:56:45.515] Ultraxion afflicted by Explosive Shot from Legaia
    [21:56:45.515] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion *26658*
    [21:56:46.520] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12755
    [21:56:47.507] Legaia Explosive Shot Ultraxion 12754
    [21:56:47.507] Legaia's Explosive Shot fades from Ultraxion
    Look for where Ultraxion is afflicted prior to 3 ticks from the former Explosive Shot in combination with the refreshment of the next ES. Looking at 21:56:41 Ultrax was hit by the first ES and there were two ticks prior to refreshing, after refreshing you get 4 more ticks prior to the third ES afflicting Ultraxion, which then resulted in 3 more ticks. In summary, you got all 9 off without clipping. It will typically follow the pattern of 2/4/3, where the 3rd tick of the first ES is incorporated in the refresh portion of the second ES. Look through it carefully, the part where you have "No idea how it fades after 1 tick" means you fired the ES at that point but with flight time it didn't hit Ultraxion until it says "Ultraxion afflicted by", that 1 tick you're referring to is from the prior refreshment (2nd ES residual). One other thing to note is that you didn't cast anything between the 2nd and 3rd ES you should always have something there; either AS, CS, or BA.

You have a 0.03 second delay between the 1st and 2nd ES, therefore this doesn't really tell you if you can spam them together without clipping. Look for another instance in the log where you have exactly 1 second between the first two ES' afflicting Ultraxion and see if they clip (You can link it if it's still unclear as to how to break it down).
    Last edited by Jigsawe; 2012-03-02 at 03:27 AM.