Hey guys, hopefully you can help me out here. I have normally thought myself to be of average play (as opposed to being below average), but my RL has been implying that I'm not doing enough DPS. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I do seem to be lagging a bit behind the other players though. I'm worried that I may be using my cooldowns ineffectively.

Spec BM for most, Surv for Wind Lord
    Item Level 480
    Expectations: Slightly more than I am currently doing. Not sure of a number.
    Armory Link: us.battle(DOT)net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Alandalus/simple
    Worldoflogs Link MV: www(DOT)worldoflogs(DOT)com/reports/y0qs06my3g95ay7x/
    Worldoflogs Link Wind Lord: www(DOT)worldoflogs(DOT)com/reports/qq7xaejnobba7n6l/sum/damageDone/?s=373&e=846

I will say that the other Hunter on the Wind Lord kill was KILLING ME on the start of the pull and I have no idea why. I think I may be letting explosive trap fall off, but even that doesn't seem to account for the huge DPS gap. Not sure if this is appropriate here, but curious: What do you guys do in Wind Lord? I was throwing down explosive trap, popping all my CDs on the target we have skulled and then multi shotting. He was beating me by about 20 or 30k there and I did not pull ahead until we single targeted the boss after the adds were dead.

also, sorry for the broken links. the spam filter or whatever wont let me post links

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alandalus View Post
    Hey guys, hopefully you can help me out here. I have normally thought myself to be of average play (as opposed to being below average), but my RL has been implying that I'm not doing enough DPS. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I do seem to be lagging a bit behind the other players though. I'm worried that I may be using my cooldowns ineffectively.

Spec BM for most, Surv for Wind Lord
    Item Level 480
    Expectations: Slightly more than I am currently doing. Not sure of a number.
    Armory Link: us.battle(DOT)net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Alandalus/simple
    Worldoflogs Link MV: www(DOT)worldoflogs(DOT)com/reports/y0qs06my3g95ay7x/
    Worldoflogs Link Wind Lord: www(DOT)worldoflogs(DOT)com/reports/qq7xaejnobba7n6l/sum/damageDone/?s=373&e=846

I will say that the other Hunter on the Wind Lord kill was KILLING ME on the start of the pull and I have no idea why. I think I may be letting explosive trap fall off, but even that doesn't seem to account for the huge DPS gap. Not sure if this is appropriate here, but curious: What do you guys do in Wind Lord? I was throwing down explosive trap, popping all my CDs on the target we have skulled and then multi shotting. He was beating me by about 20 or 30k there and I did not pull ahead until we single targeted the boss after the adds were dead.

also, sorry for the broken links. the spam filter or whatever wont let me post links
    You character doesn't seem optimally geared/reforged to start with. Get searing words instead of windswept pages, don't reforge to haste (chest) and use a expertise glove enchant to free up some more reforges to crit/mastery.

Now, about windlord: its obvious that the other hunter was using traps instead of the spear like you were, which saves him a lot of cast time. He's also using fervor instead of dire beast, which will allow him to burst a bit more (especially at the start with all CDs/flashing steel/procs/etc) but will cost him on the long run. However, you're not using glaive toss as much as he is (and its great on AoE if you target the furthest mob) which is 9% of his DPS while you're stuck on 4%. Your explosive trap is alot better than his % though, so tell him to fix that. In any case you should both consider a swap to thrill of the hunt which is quite awesome on this fight for the AoE. Lastly it seems you caught up due to a major spike somewhere in the middle of the fight, I'm guessing thats the 2nd stamped combined with cd/pot on the boss. Tell your friend to do the same when boss gets the 100% dmg debuff.

Thanks. I didn't even think about that Trinket. I thought my reforging was alright though because I've been using askmrrobot.com for it.

Deleted
    Hey all.
    I thought, I was pretty average player during Cataclysm. But since MoP hit the servers, my downfall started. I cant really find myself in this expansion. BM rotation is very messy for me. I never was big fan of Survival (Im Marksman for life!), because I was wasting many LnL proccs (even if I could top the dps chart at DS). Im not using any macroes. I've gone straight with you. I feel like totally newbie, and I'm not happy with it.

Here is my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Roggon/simple

Today mine RaidGroup managed to kill Elegon:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...?s=3097&e=3626

Ill make this short. Is there ANYTHING, I was doing good? And to what should I pay more attention?

(don't mind my grammar, I just hope, I've made everything clear)

Deleted
    Spec Beast-Mastery
    Item Level 492
    Expectations: 103k or less cause of moving on blade lord 10N
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Anonumous/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v2kg48jbrek7vkat/rankinfo/
    Femaledwarf Link: femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=4206

I had told I would update this post long time ago but in my old guild they stoped updating the logs and then the guild got disbanded also. So please can you take a look and check what I can improve?

Note 1: I would get 10000% ranked on Zor'lok but the guys forgot to record the fight. Sucks but shit happens. (almost 92k) Next week
    Note 2: I died on runing on Blade lord. (First time with the guild and didn't knew that they run some secs earlier). Also instead of agi potion I used a run speed.
    Note 3: On Wind lord I was kinda unfamilliar with me cc'ing the target and I slacked on sv aoe dps :P
    Note 4: And finally my first time on Empress with some serious lag on adds phase so no good idea to check this log!!
    P.S I had 489 feet in this raid

Thanks from now for the help.

Cheers
    Last edited by mmoc4bac3b2283; 2012-12-13 at 11:42 PM.

Deleted

Need help to sort this out (Crit % on aushot)

Hello all,

First of all my sincere apologies for not using the standard template but this is to help a dear friend of mine and i didn't ask for his permission to post his logs or his armory so ill give as much information as i can:

My main question is that, after looking at 10 or 15 logs from other BM Hunters my friend's crit's is way to low compared from other hunters with similar stat's His autoshot as a 20% crit and im seeing ppl ranging from 30 to 50% crit with 2 or 3 more base crit %. His frustration is getting the better of him to the point that he is giving his spot in raid's because of is low dps....

Data:
    Agility 14814
    Stamina 16070
    Mastery 23.35%
    Attack Power 32767

Haste 6.43%
    Hit +7.60%
    Expertise 7.66%
    Crit 19.53%

Logs on:

The Stone guard:
    Auto Shot 110 normal shots 18 crit shots
    http : / / s15 dot postimage dot org/6kimwtyln/image dot jpg

Feng the Accursed 10N
    Auto Shot 123 normal shots 38 crit shots
    http : / / s10 dot postimage dot org/e9pegmxq1/image dot jpg

This goes on and on with all of the bosses and it's not only autoshot but allso all other abilities

Hope this is enough to help on and that someone can shad some light on this

Many thans in advance
    Madcapcha

Quote Originally Posted by Madcapcha View Post
    Hello all,

First of all my sincere apologies for not using the standard template but this is to help a dear friend of mine and i didn't ask for his permission to post his logs or his armory so ill give as much information as i can:

My main question is that, after looking at 10 or 15 logs from other BM Hunters my friend's crit's is way to low compared from other hunters with similar stat's His autoshot as a 20% crit and im seeing ppl ranging from 30 to 50% crit with 2 or 3 more base crit %. His frustration is getting the better of him to the point that he is giving his spot in raid's because of is low dps....

Data:
    Agility 14814
    Stamina 16070
    Mastery 23.35%
    Attack Power 32767

Haste 6.43%
    Hit +7.60%
    Expertise 7.66%
    Crit 19.53%

Logs on:

The Stone guard:
    Auto Shot 110 normal shots 18 crit shots
    http : / / s15 dot postimage dot org/6kimwtyln/image dot jpg

Feng the Accursed 10N
    Auto Shot 123 normal shots 38 crit shots
    http : / / s10 dot postimage dot org/e9pegmxq1/image dot jpg

This goes on and on with all of the bosses and it's not only autoshot but allso all other abilities

Hope this is enough to help on and that someone can shad some light on this

Many thans in advance
    Madcapcha
    Put his toon into wowreforge.com his reforging is really weird and is most likely wrong/not optimal. (might not be picking up his belt socket bonus if he is using the fetters of death, so you can adjust the cap or add the stat to a trinket and lock said trinket to compensate from this (if it is).)

His rotation also looks off just from the above wol parses that you linked. He doesn't seem to be managing his focus efficiently. He doesn't seem to be using kill command as often as he should. The focus from not using KC is going to arcane shots or multi-shots on the stone guard. If you are BM on stone guard and if you are running dire beast you really shouldn't multi-shot. Hitting 2 targets with multi-shot barely does more damage than one arcane shot as BM, so essentially that is a big amount of wasted focus every multi-shot. Now, looking at the logs, presuming he hit two targets each multi-shot (which he didn't) he spent ~340 focus (without calculating BW because it'll still get my point across either way.) Which would be 17 arcane shots. Looking at his stone guard logs, his arcane shot crit was at 52830.5 and his multi-shots were at 41294 (20647 (per hit) * 2 (targets hit)). That is an 11536.5 damage difference in favor of arcane shot and at half of the focus cost. Looking at the hits of both shows an even bigger difference with mulit-shot clocking in at a surprisingly low damage of 14548.4 (7274.2 * 2) damage and arcane shot hits were at 24213.1 which is a 9664.7 difference in favor of arcane shot.

TL : DR multi shot sucks on stone guard and he needs to manage focus more efficiently by using kill command and glaive toss more and arcane shot less.

If you could link me his armory in a pm I could help you beyond what I could with just this. It'll just be between me and you.

He also needs to keep SrS up on stone guard!!! 25% uptime on stone guard also hurt his dps!
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-23 at 02:19 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Put his toon into his reforging is really weird and is most likely wrong/not optimal. (might not be picking up his belt socket bonus if he is using the fetters of death, so you can adjust the cap or add the stat to a trinket and lock said trinket to compensate from this (if it is).)

His rotation also looks off just from the above wol parses that you linked. He doesn't seem to be managing his focus efficiently. He doesn't seem to be using kill command as often as he should. The focus from not using KC is going to arcane shots or multi-shots on the stone guard. If you are BM on stone guard and if you are running dire beast you really shouldn't multi-shot. Hitting 2 targets with multi-shot barely does more damage than one arcane shot as BM, so essentially that is a big amount of wasted focus every multi-shot. Now, looking at the logs, presuming he hit two targets each multi-shot (which he didn't) he spent ~340 focus (without calculating BW because it'll still get my point across either way.) Which would be 17 arcane shots. Looking at his stone guard logs, his arcane shot crit was at 52830.5 and his multi-shots were at 41294 (20647 (per hit) * 2 (targets hit)). That is an 11536.5 damage difference in favor of arcane shot and at half of the focus cost. Looking at the hits of both shows an even bigger difference with mulit-shot clocking in at a surprisingly low damage of 7274.2 damage and arcane shot hits were at 24213.1 (~1/3 of the damage!) which is a 16938.9 difference in favor of arcane shot.

TL : DR multi shot sucks on stone guard and he needs to manage focus more efficiently by using kill command more and arcane shot less.

If you could link me his armory in a pm I could help you beyond what I could with just this. It'll just be between me and you.

He also needs to keep SrS up on stone guard!!! 25% uptime on stone guard also hurt his dps!
    Because of my low posts i cannot send you a PM can you please send me one with your email ?

Tks alot for your reply and the help

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so I consider myself to be a pretty good hunter, but I know that there are better players out there and I could always improve. I think I'm executing pretty well, but there's 2 things that I think I'm failing on. #1 I definitely need to improve my uptime on serpent sting and #2 I'm not stacking my cooldowns.. because I'm lazy I guess.

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pincaps/simple

and here's my logs:

First 4 bosses in MSW: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/jgoh3q2om24sknld/

Will of the Emperor and Imperial Vizier: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6gcx7stmjmyq3sd1/

My expectations would be ranking in the top 100 consistantly. I've ranked on Stone Guards 3 times and Feng once, but other than that I haven't broken 200. I get pretty close to ranking, but I'd like to make my ranks more consistant.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2012-11-24 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Alright, so I consider myself to be a pretty good hunter, but I know that there are better players out there and I could always improve. I think I'm executing pretty well, but there's 2 things that I think I'm failing on. #1 I definitely need to improve my uptime on serpent sting and #2 I'm not stacking my cooldowns.. because I'm lazy I guess.

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pincaps/simple

and here's my logs:

First 4 bosses in MSW: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/jgoh3q2om24sknld/

Will of the Emperor and Imperial Vizier: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6gcx7stmjmyq3sd1/

My expectations would be ranking in the top 100 consistantly. I've ranked on Stone Guards 3 times and Feng once, but other than that I haven't broken 200. I get pretty close to ranking, but I'd like to make my ranks more consistant.
    Gear is really the only thing holding you back man. I'm 492 and I rank on a lot of fights. Looking at wowprogress there are 1373 hunters that are more geared than me. meaning at your gear level and with your 463 bow logically, you shouldn't be ranking because the limit is 200 and there are 1373 hunters (19,412 hunters more geared than you!) more geared than me. Looking at your logs, your rotation looks fine. What you really need to do is put a frag belt tinker on your belt and set up a keybind/macro in with another ability.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54793/frag-belt
    It should increase your dps a bit. Also a simple optimize from http://wowreforge.com/US/Earthen%20Ring/Poppincaps gives you 172 crit at the cost of 166 mastery (Adjust exp cap to 2210 since you are a troll before reforging). I put the priority as
    crit > haste > mastery because you reforged haste to mastery on your bow, so change that before reforging too. Other than that, I'd just say that it is your gear.

Edit: switching your expertise cogwheel for a hit cogwheel gives you an additional 141 crit on top of what you were previously getting!
    so trading 166 mastery for 313 crit! That is a huge gain.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you that are using reforgelite for your reforges. Stop using it. You can use wowreforge.com and Reforgerade for better reforges plus the conveience of reforgelite. After you hit optimize in wowreforge click summary and copy/paste that into reforgerade in-game then hit reforge.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-25 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear is really the only thing holding you back man. I'm 492 and I rank on a lot of fights. Looking at wowprogress there are 1373 hunters that are more geared than me. meaning at your gear level and with your 463 bow logically, you shouldn't be ranking because the limit is 200 and there are 1373 hunters (19,412 hunters more geared than you!) more geared than me. Looking at your logs, your rotation looks fine. What you really need to do is put a frag belt tinker on your belt and set up a keybind/macro in with another ability.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54793/frag-belt
    It should increase your dps a bit. Also a simple optimize from http://wowreforge.com/US/Earthen%20Ring/Poppincaps gives you 172 crit at the cost of 166 mastery (Adjust exp cap to 2210 since you are a troll before reforging). I put the priority as
    crit > haste > mastery because you reforged haste to mastery on your bow, so change that before reforging too. Other than that, I'd just say that it is your gear.

Edit: switching your expertise cogwheel for a hit cogwheel gives you an additional 141 crit on top of what you were previously getting!
    so trading 166 mastery for 313 crit! That is a huge gain.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you that are using reforgelite for your reforges. Stop using it. You can use wowreforge.com and Reforgerade for better reforges plus the conveience of reforgelite. After you hit optimize in wowreforge click summary and copy/paste that into reforgerade in-game then hit reforge.
    Wow I had absolutely no idea about that belt tinker. Oh, and you guessed right about reforgelite. You said I should be prioritizing haste over mastery? It was my belief that the stat priority was crit > mastery > haste. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Hey folks, I'm posting here on behalf of a guildy hunter who has asked me to help him with his DPS. I don't have the same ability I once did with a hunter so I got his permission to request help here.

Here is his armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Venatus/simple

Here are parses(He's only in the first 4 kills):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ard/?enc=kills

I'm his raid leader and I feel he is underperforming, I want to make sure I'm not being unfair to him though. He's a decent player and a nice guy.
    I looked and didn't see hugely critical errors but I'm a little rusty with hunters. Thanks for taking a look guys, hope you can find things to help tune him up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Wow I had absolutely no idea about that belt tinker. Oh, and you guessed right about reforgelite. You said I should be prioritizing haste over mastery? It was my belief that the stat priority was crit > mastery > haste. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.
    I meant to say that I put the priority as crit > mastery > haste since you reforged haste to mastery on your bow. Haste is slightly better, but you won't see a huge difference. Mastery beats haste at a higher gear level and I'm not sure of said gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by Talindra View Post
    Hey folks, I'm posting here on behalf of a guildy hunter who has asked me to help him with his DPS. I don't have the same ability I once did with a hunter so I got his permission to request help here.

Here is his armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Venatus/simple

Here are parses(He's only in the first 4 kills):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ard/?enc=kills

I'm his raid leader and I feel he is underperforming, I want to make sure I'm not being unfair to him though. He's a decent player and a nice guy.
    I looked and didn't see hugely critical errors but I'm a little rusty with hunters. Thanks for taking a look guys, hope you can find things to help tune him up a bit.
    What I said for the above poster could be applied here. wowreforge.com for reforging (which he is doing a pretty bad job on to be honest.) He would be trading 418 haste and 491 mastery (909 lesser stats) for 887 crit.

He is using arcane shot WAY too much. So have him get better at managing focus. I.E more kill commands and glaive tosses.

Should be running specific dungeons every day to replace his <463 items and his Flashing steel talisman trinket. Searing words is the best pre raid trinket. Windswept pages gives slightly more agility than the FST and searing words gives almost 300 more agility.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-25 at 01:52 PM.

I am learning a lot through this thread. But, due to low posts so far, I cant link my armory and all that but any idea what macros would be good for a new BM hunter for HoF?

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 05:02 PM ----------

Hello there! Sindariian back again and needing help like no ones business...LFR hasn't been kind to me and I am grinding out heroics for the little trinks and bow I may need but I still think I could be doing better. Here are my last raid log and armory and any macro/rotation help would be appreciated. I just feel I am shooting slow or taking too long hitting buttons...somehow I think time and gear is an issue ...

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...k4q/details/5/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dariian/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Sindariian View Post
    I am learning a lot through this thread. But, due to low posts so far, I cant link my armory and all that but any idea what macros would be good for a new BM hunter for HoF?

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 05:02 PM ----------

Hello there! Sindariian back again and needing help like no ones business...LFR hasn't been kind to me and I am grinding out heroics for the little trinks and bow I may need but I still think I could be doing better. Here are my last raid log and armory and any macro/rotation help would be appreciated. I just feel I am shooting slow or taking too long hitting buttons...somehow I think time and gear is an issue ...

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...k4q/details/5/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dariian/simple
    You aren't doing enough kill commands. Looking at elegon try 11 http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5884&e=6461
    It lasted 9 minutes and 36 seconds. Meaning 576 seconds. Kill command is on a 6 second CD. 576 / 6 = 96 and you got 40 kill commands off. That is less than half. Simply put: you need to manage your CDs and focus more efficiently.

You have way too much hit rating, but you are completely reforged out of it. So my advice would be to replace the Flashing Steel talisman.
    Searing words is the best pre raid trinket. Windswept pages gives slightly more agility than the FST and searing words gives almost 300 more agility.
    Also you need to do more glaive tosses! You could have 576 / 15 = 38.4 glaive tosses in the fight without readiness. Using your glaive toss uptime, I can predict about how many you used. 44 second up time with a 3 second debuff would mean 44 / 3 = 14.6666666667 which is again less than half.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-26 at 11:22 PM.

I have been grinding for SW trink but ..nada so I may go back to Windswept pages for now..Also thank you for the cooldown mentions, is there a way to manage those more effectively? Maybe ny bar is too cluttered or something where I cant hit it often enough...

I have been grinding for SW trink but ..nada so I may go back to Windswept pages for now..Also thank you for the cooldown mentions, is there a way to manage those more effectively? Maybe ny bar is too cluttered or something where I cant hit it often enough...
    JSHB could be what you are looking for.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/js-hunter-focus-bar

Yes, go back to windswept pages... You have way too much wasted stats from an already low budget trinket.

Well got SW on the first random YAY!! and I used reforge lite to get me straightened out...and I use OmniCC and bittensSpellflash but again any input would be awesome!

Well got SW on the first random YAY!! and I used reforge lite to get me straightened out...and I use OmniCC and bittensSpellflash but again any input would be awesome!
    Grats!
    wowreforge.com will give you better reforges than reforgelite (unless if what reforgelite gives you is the same as wowreforge).
    Going to quote one of my old posts again.
    Wowreforge appears to no be working at the moment (probably due to 5.1 coming out tommorow). So you may have to resort to reforgelite until wowreforge starts working again.

*Just remember to use your jp to upgrade your searing words after your bow is upgraded*

For vp upgrades, you should upgrade your DMF trinket. It is bis this tier. It may be debatable that H TITM is better because of the consistency of procs (chance on hit vs chance on crit) but the darkmoon card is and should be better.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-27 at 01:11 AM.

I heard of wowreforge...is it better? I keep hearing mixed reviews and never tried reforgerade lol but yeah that's why I used reforgelite...just because of 'fix it tuesday' tomorrow