Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
27
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindariian View Post
    I heard of wowreforge...is it better? I keep hearing mixed reviews and never tried reforgerade lol but yeah that's why I used reforgelite...just because of 'fix it tuesday' tomorrow
    It's only better if it works. Try visiting the site, for some reason mine won't work.

    On google chrome I'm getting an error before I can do anything. On firefox I get "Failed to import character Sindariian. The type initializer for 'BattleNetApi.JsonProfileMapper' threw an exception.". So try your luck, hopefully it works!

  2. #322
    Tehstool, since I am new at posting I am unable to send you a PM but would like some direct feedback from you. (unable to post links)
    Spec BM
    Spec BM
    Item Level 490
    Expectations: Not entirely sure…according to FD around 86K single target
    Armory Link: F alt162 x y on Senjin
    Worldoflogs Link: Personal Logs: WOL on Sen'jin US realm under Foxyslog
    Femaledwarf Link: wwwfemaledwarfcom/?setting_id=4462

    I tend to do more damage than some of the raiders in my guild, but that doesn't say much since our progression level isn't as far as it should be. My concern is going into heroics that I won't be as competitive. Can you look over some of the logs specifically Will of the Emperor (which I absolutely suck on..) and and maybe Elegon to see if there is any room for improvement? Gear wise, I've just gotten the bow last raid week and I noticed my rotation has become quite choppy. I'm not much of a theorycrafter, but I do understand the more important aspects of my class. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated; private message preferred. If you cant find me, please let me know I'll try to clarify the links as much as I can
    Last edited by Foxy; 2012-11-27 at 06:25 PM.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Tehstool, since I am new at posting I am unable to send you a PM but would like some direct feedback from you. (unable to post links)
    Spec BM
    Spec BM
    Item Level 490
    Expectations: Not entirely sure…according to FD around 86K single target
    Armory Link: F alt162 x y on Senjin
    Worldoflogs Link: Personal Logs: WOL on Sen'jin US realm under Foxyslog
    Femaledwarf Link: wwwfemaledwarfcom/?setting_id=4462

    I tend to do more damage than some of the raiders in my guild, but that doesn't say much since our progression level isn't as far as it should be. My concern is going into heroics that I won't be as competitive. Can you look over some of the logs specifically Will of the Emperor (which I absolutely suck on..) and and maybe Elegon to see if there is any room for improvement? Gear wise, I've just gotten the bow last raid week and I noticed my rotation has become quite choppy. I'm not much of a theorycrafter, but I do understand the more important aspects of my class. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated; private message preferred. If you cant find me, please let me know I'll try to clarify the links as much as I can
    You seem to be using too many arcane shots on elegon and not enough KC or GT.
    http://wowreforge.com/US/Sen'Jin/F%C3%B3xy for reforging. With these reforges you would be trading 13 mastery and 212 haste for 179 crit. On will of the emperor, hunters are just bad for this fight. Warlocks multi-dot their way to the top of the meters, etc.

    I can't really say much, other than that you look fine.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You seem to be using too many arcane shots on elegon and not enough KC or GT.
    wowreforge.com/US/Sen'Jin/F%C3%B3xy for reforging. With these reforges you would be trading 13 mastery and 212 haste for 179 crit. On will of the emperor, hunters are just bad for this fight. Warlocks multi-dot their way to the top of the meters, etc.

    I can't really say much, other than that you look fine.

    Ah, I'm just over-reacting I guess, thank you for the input and keeping it simple.

  5. #325
    so hoping for actual help and not just "hurr go sim it" I'm currently using the 496 tier chest/legs but have the 502 chest/legs from heroic MSV (chest off stoneguard, legs off spirit kings) so just wondering if I'd be better off taking the increased stats (which better socket bonuses/more sockets off the 502s as well) or sticking to the 2 piece for tier.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathon23 View Post
    so hoping for actual help and not just "hurr go sim it" I'm currently using the 496 tier chest/legs but have the 502 chest/legs from heroic MSV (chest off stoneguard, legs off spirit kings) so just wondering if I'd be better off taking the increased stats (which better socket bonuses/more sockets off the 502s as well) or sticking to the 2 piece for tier.
    the 2 piece would be better. A 6 ilvl difference for 15% increased KC damage is worth it.

  7. #327
    Spec BM
    Item Level 487
    Expectations: Dps seems low on tons of fights.
    Armory Link: /usbattlenet/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Soulkeeperx/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: wwwworldoflogscom/reports/hqi4st54m388orj4/
    Femaledwarf Link: wwwfemaledwarfcom/?setting_id=4664

    Now yes I know being a Tauren doesn't help. I dont know it just feels like I'm lacking big time in some departments. I do some times end up screwing my starting cooldown rotation some times so that can be improved, but other then that... I'm just at a loss.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulkeeperx78 View Post
    Spec BM
    Item Level 487
    Expectations: Dps seems low on tons of fights.
    Armory Link: /usbattlenet/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Soulkeeperx/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: wwwworldoflogscom/reports/hqi4st54m388orj4/
    Femaledwarf Link: wwwfemaledwarfcom/?setting_id=4664

    Now yes I know being a Tauren doesn't help. I dont know it just feels like I'm lacking big time in some departments. I do some times end up screwing my starting cooldown rotation some times so that can be improved, but other then that... I'm just at a loss.
    Your gemming is questionable. For example, you should have an agi/hit gem in your chest and in your belt you put a unoptimal purple gem in the blue socket but a red in the yellow. You should put an agi gem in there. Your reforges also are questionable... You aren't reforging into crit anywhere. Plugging your toon into wowreforge.com without the changes i suggested gives you 962 crit at the cost of 772 mastery... That is a huge gain. On feng you also are using too many arcane shots and not enough kill commands and possibly glaive tosses. You had enough kill commands for a ~4 minute fight without factoring in readiness. Feng lasted 4 minutes and 47 seconds. Which is almost 8 kill commands you lost out on. And since it is normal mode feng you don't need to aoe the adds so it should've been almost to the maximum that you could've gotten.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindariian View Post
    I heard of wowreforge...is it better? I keep hearing mixed reviews and never tried reforgerade lol but yeah that's why I used reforgelite...just because of 'fix it tuesday' tomorrow
    Wow reforge will get every single little bit of optimal stats for you, it's definitely ahead.

    reforgelite is 'arguably' more convenient, but it wastes stats (i.e you may get 18 less crit compared to reforging through wow reforge).

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 07:39 PM ----------

    Spec: I raid in both BM and Surv depending on the boss/role I'm playing, I'm generally 'optimized' for survival.
    Item Level: 485 according to the WoW website, 486 according to in game ilvl counter.
    Expectations: Wan't to increase my current DPS which is affected a lot by raid leading variables.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jitsu/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: Last raid where I felt I did extra poorly on: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t78y4jrq883dcq85/
    Femaledwarf Link:

    Hey guys, so a little back ground, I'm a casual raider and raid leader but I take my role and DPS very seriously within raids, I'm always looking for tips and tricks on fights to increase my own personal DPS and those of others in my guild in the hopes of progression.
    Raid leading seems to affect my DPS a tad as I'm always looking out for timers and spell effects to call, so not only am I worrying about what I'm doing, I'm watching everyone else, when one of the other officers leads a fight I definitely feel like I do better.

    What I'm after are some pointers on things to look out for in my rotation or things I seem to be doing wrong that I need to work out of my rotation and just general ways that I can improve what I'm doing, as I personally feel I'm not getting everything out of myself. Comparatively speaking to others in my raid I'm keeping up numbers wise, but I think I can definitely improve significantly upon what i'm dishing up.

    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-11-30 at 08:42 AM.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You seem to be using too many arcane shots on elegon and not enough KC or GT.
    http://wowreforge.com/US/Sen'Jin/F%C3%B3xy for reforging. With these reforges you would be trading 13 mastery and 212 haste for 179 crit. On will of the emperor, hunters are just bad for this fight. Warlocks multi-dot their way to the top of the meters, etc.

    I can't really say much, other than that you look fine.
    Generally everyone who has problems with BM is either

    1. Not using the KC -> GT -> AS priority well enough
    2. Not using the dps cooldowns on cooldown



    For everyone: Really. Go spend two hours on dummies until you can dps with your eyes closed. Download a mod like JSHB to set up custom bars and see exactly when stuff is coming off CD. Never delay KC (unless KS). As many cooldowns as possible. It's that easy.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Wow reforge will get every single little bit of optimal stats for you, it's definitely ahead.

    reforgelite is 'arguably' more convenient, but it wastes stats (i.e you may get 18 less crit compared to reforging through wow reforge).

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 07:39 PM ----------

    Spec: I raid in both BM and Surv depending on the boss/role I'm playing, I'm generally 'optimized' for survival.
    Item Level: 485 according to the WoW website, 486 according to in game ilvl counter.
    Expectations: Wan't to increase my current DPS which is affected a lot by raid leading variables.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jitsu/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: Last raid where I felt I did extra poorly on: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t78y4jrq883dcq85/
    Femaledwarf Link:

    Hey guys, so a little back ground, I'm a casual raider and raid leader but I take my role and DPS very seriously within raids, I'm always looking for tips and tricks on fights to increase my own personal DPS and those of others in my guild in the hopes of progression.
    Raid leading seems to affect my DPS a tad as I'm always looking out for timers and spell effects to call, so not only am I worrying about what I'm doing, I'm watching everyone else, when one of the other officers leads a fight I definitely feel like I do better.

    What I'm after are some pointers on things to look out for in my rotation or things I seem to be doing wrong that I need to work out of my rotation and just general ways that I can improve what I'm doing, as I personally feel I'm not getting everything out of myself. Comparatively speaking to others in my raid I'm keeping up numbers wise, but I think I can definitely improve significantly upon what i'm dishing up.

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Generally everyone who has problems with BM is either

    1. Not using the KC -> GT -> AS priority well enough
    2. Not using the dps cooldowns on cooldown



    For everyone: Really. Go spend two hours on dummies until you can dps with your eyes closed. Download a mod like JSHB to set up custom bars and see exactly when stuff is coming off CD. Never delay KC (unless KS). As many cooldowns as possible. It's that easy.
    Basically this ^ you had too many arcane shots on feng which is the best encounter for gauging single target dps. For addons JSHB is really good.

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/js-hunter-focus-bar

    I also use Coolline

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/coolline-cooldowns

    OmniCC

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/omni-cc

    Those help me monitor my CDs and ensure that I follow the BM priority.

    On stone guard, I'm not sure if you were, but make sure to multidot the two that are being tanked together.

    I saw that you are using blink strike on elegon, you don't need to. Just KC the spark and you should be fine.

    Here is the macro I'm using for the sparks

    #showtooltip
    /petattack
    /cast [target=playertarget] kill command


    AMoC > LR too. You may want to consider using it if you want to squeeze out the most dps.

  12. #332
    Spec: BM
    Item Level: 494
    Expectations: Higher, DPS sucks
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lhunt/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...2f1/dashboard/ (many more logs in guild)

    My DPS just seems incredibly low.

    I've noticed that I am getting far fewer pet attacks than our other hunter, and I have no idea why. My pet is on assist, and I use a petattack macro (it's also macroed into KC).

    Any tips? Only been playing my Hunter for a month so I don't have nearly as much knowledge of the class as I'd like.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Basically this ^ you had too many arcane shots on feng which is the best encounter for gauging single target dps. For addons JSHB is really good.

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/js-hunter-focus-bar

    I also use Coolline

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/coolline-cooldowns

    OmniCC

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/omni-cc

    Those help me monitor my CDs and ensure that I follow the BM priority.

    On stone guard, I'm not sure if you were, but make sure to multidot the two that are being tanked together.

    I saw that you are using blink strike on elegon, you don't need to. Just KC the spark and you should be fine.

    Here is the macro I'm using for the sparks

    #showtooltip
    /petattack
    /cast [target=playertarget] kill command


    AMoC > LR too. You may want to consider using it if you want to squeeze out the most dps.
    Cheers for that, the one thing I am having trouble with this Xpac is knowing when to Arcane Shot as it always seems to be up, especially in Survival where you get back to back to back TOTH procs and not much else to spend excess focus on if ExS is on CD (and 4set means it procs free ones alot as well).

    Is the standard rule of thumb still only AS over 75focus? and free AS when you have absolutely nothing else to do (in Surv)

    I'm using both JSHB and OmniCC, brilliant mods, ill have a look at cooline after work, think I may have had it in the past but cant be sure.

    With the Blink Strike on Elegon, that was mainly because I've been having an issue with my pet where its not immediately switching targets when commanded too, so elegon had been eating kill commands instead of the orb, so had BS there as a backup, as well as a few of our DPS being subpar I occasionally blinkstriked theres, will be removing it this week!
    Didn't even think of a playertarget macro that will fix it thanks

    Will definitely switch to AMoC on both specs, I fell into the trap of getting comfortable with LR even though it has now been proved to be below par vs AMoC when both are used correctly.

    Found I was more wary of SS dropping off this week with the patch so that should help a little as well, as well as finally upgrading to Taoren (LFR) and some new boots.

    Thanks for the help, if you notice anything else I'm very open to suggestion!
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-12-05 at 02:39 AM.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Spec: BM
    Item Level: 494
    Expectations: Higher, DPS sucks
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lhunt/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...2f1/dashboard/ (many more logs in guild)

    My DPS just seems incredibly low.

    I've noticed that I am getting far fewer pet attacks than our other hunter, and I have no idea why. My pet is on assist, and I use a petattack macro (it's also macroed into KC).

    Any tips? Only been playing my Hunter for a month so I don't have nearly as much knowledge of the class as I'd like.
    Are you using KC as a charge? Command or whatever it's called to call your pet to yourself? (helps on a few bosses with add switching) My only /petattack in on my KC and I do fine (constant rankings with a 489 bow). Looking at your H elegon, you seemed fairly fine (a little lower MoC uptime). You can browse some logs of people with similar gear (and the SAME weapon, this is key) to see what kind of DPS you can pull. Have you plugged yourself into female dwarf?


    Darkphoenix, I'd suggest for Elegon making sure to get your Kill Shot off. If you're having DPS issues on your add, cobra in between adds to fill your focus bar. Better you delay KC by a few seconds than let your add go through...
    Last edited by iggie; 2012-12-05 at 08:39 PM.

  15. #335
    My adds were okay, it was our rogue/boomy that were having issues (to the point where we weren't killing the boss due to low stacks).
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-12-06 at 01:11 AM.

  16. #336
    Spec: BM
    Item Level: 484
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ongrova/simple
    Expectations: It feels like im lacking dps, i am not sure though but some pointers would never hurt. Always looking on new ways to maximize my dps and fix my errors.
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0llx8q64na4eynvg/

    Feels like i'm doing sub-par dps compared to what gear i have. If someone has the time to check my logs and look after any mistakes i make and point it out. I would be very grateful.
    Last edited by homebrewd; 2012-12-15 at 04:46 PM.

  17. #337
    Spec: BM
    Item Level: (was 487 now 490 - got upgrades in raid on last boss I put them on)
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arberry/simple
    Expectations: I feel like I am doing something wrong with my priority, and my dps sucks bad. Please help: I want to get better.
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2k1bv21xxfpih2t8/

    My upgrades were (if this helps):
    The boots off amber shaper - from the Sha boots
    The cloak off garalon - from the vp cloak
    BOE bracers - from reg sg bracers.
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2012-12-13 at 01:24 PM.


  18. #338
    Could you please take a look on page 16-post #305?! Aligator(=Thanks)!

  19. #339
    Spec SURV
    Item Level: 482
    Expectations: 61k without pet
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ereat/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: N/A
    Femaledwarf Link:http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=4462

    my dps is weird , ingame i only do 35-40k , i tried some stuff suggested but is no good , please tell me what am doing wrong

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by WUTCRAP View Post
    Spec SURV
    Item Level: 482
    Expectations: 61k without pet
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ereat/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: N/A
    Femaledwarf Link:http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=4462

    my dps is weird , ingame i only do 35-40k , i tried some stuff suggested but is no good , please tell me what am doing wrong
    Well, first of all your gemming is completely wrong. Use agi for reds, agi+crit for yellow (if bonus is worth it) and agi/hit for blue (again: if worth it, and jezus christ how can you even use a 240sta gem). Secondly, what the fuck... you are 8% over the actual hitcap... reforge all that shit away. You are below the expertise cap, so fix that while you're at it. The correct priority for secondary stats is hit+exp cap (7,5% on both, or 2550 rating) > crit > mastery > haste. You also have 2 unenchanted items and should have replaced that flaming steel talisman ages ago.

    Second: since there is so much wrong with your character, your rotation is probably crappy but we can't help you there unless you post a log.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 12:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by anon93 View Post
    Could you please take a look on page 16-post #305?! Aligator(=Thanks)!
    Not much to say there, you're posting logs that are worthless since they're not comparable since you died, slacked or lagged. Character looks fine on a first glance.
    Champion of the Naaru | Hand of A'dal | Twilight Vanquisher | the Astral Walker | the Light of Dawn | Dragonslayer | Firelord | Savior of Azeroth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •