Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Spec Surv
    Item Level 482
    Expectations: 70-75k or so. Currently only doing 60k
    Armory Link: /wow/en/character/darkspear/Holyhunter/simple (can't post links yet)
    Worldoflogs Link:N/a
    Femaledwarf Link: Not sure how to link a femaledwarf analysis, but it's saying that with raid buffs I'm should do 77k dps, but currently, I end up around 60k.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyhunter View Post
    Spec Surv
    Item Level 482
    Armory Link: /wow/en/character/darkspear/Holyhunter/simple (can't post links yet)
    Femaledwarf Link: Not sure how to link a femaledwarf analysis, but it's saying that with raid buffs I'm should do 77k dps, but currently, I end up around 60k.
    Don't use Thrill of the Hunt except maybe on Windlord. Dire Beast sims as the best single-target DPS gain, but I generally stick to Fervor for real-world quality of life improvements.

Why? Thrill of the Hunt's greatest asset is a double edged sword. It is completely passive and difficult to predict. On a single target encounter, all you gain is free Arcane Shots...an extremely low priority focus dump. Oftentimes when using Thrill of the Hunt, you will find yourself unable to use these 'free' Arcane Shots immediately because other higher priority abilities (everything) are coming off cooldown. Even when there is nothing coming off cooldown, there are times where Serpent Sting is about to fall off your target where you will need to Cobra Shot anyway. I generally Cobra Shot in pairs when I can as well...it just feels better to me in terms of human latency. Combine Thrill of the Hunt with Lock & Load plus occasionally Barrage and you will find that your focus is an uncontrollable pogo stick.

Fervor on the other hand is a lot more flexible. You gain ~100 focus for you AND your pet every time you use it. That bonus helps to apply to any ability which requires focus. How often, for example, have you had to pool focus for A Murder of Crows just so you can hit an Explosive Shot on the next GCD? Since Fervor is off the global cooldown, you can actually macro "/use Fervor" into any ability that costs more than say 30 focus (AMoC, Multi-Shot, Black Arrow). If you do this, you will sometimes overcap on focus unintentionally, but it also allows you to use the talent like a passive. You never have to worry about it. In addition Fervor is the ONLY level 60 talent that allows you to open on an encounter using every high priority ability before every having to fire a Cobra Shot.

Other than that your gems, enchants and reforges all look fine.

Also keep in mind that Female Dwarf assumes an impossibly perfect rotation. If you're off by a little, then I wouldn't worry about it. If you're off the mark by a lot, it's mainly just an issue of the following:

1) Do not waste GCDs.
    2) Try your hardest to avoid focus starving.
    3) Focus capping is less of a concern, but try not to do either too if you can help it.
    4) Make sure you aren't overusing low priority abilities like Arcane Shot and in some cases Cobra Shot.
    5) Try to predict when you might proc Lock & Load.

Just wondering if my dps is lower than it should be.
    SV: 501 ilvl.
    My reforging is currently Crit > mastery > Haste.
    All my gear is enchanted/gemmed correctly.
    I tried different combinations of ToTH/Dire and MoC/Blink and i was getting between 68-72k dps.
    Test was done on a raid dummy for about 5 mins each test.

I can give more info if necessary just looking for a general opinion if this is a tad low for my ilvl.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Don't use Thrill of the Hunt except maybe on Windlord. Dire Beast sims as the best single-target DPS gain, but I generally stick to Fervor for real-world quality of life improvements.

Why? Thrill of the Hunt's greatest asset is a double edged sword. It is completely passive and difficult to predict. On a single target encounter, all you gain is free Arcane Shots...an extremely low priority focus dump. Oftentimes when using Thrill of the Hunt, you will find yourself unable to use these 'free' Arcane Shots immediately because other higher priority abilities (everything) are coming off cooldown. Even when there is nothing coming off cooldown, there are times where Serpent Sting is about to fall off your target where you will need to Cobra Shot anyway. I generally Cobra Shot in pairs when I can as well...it just feels better to me in terms of human latency. Combine Thrill of the Hunt with Lock & Load plus occasionally Barrage and you will find that your focus is an uncontrollable pogo stick.

Fervor on the other hand is a lot more flexible. You gain ~100 focus for you AND your pet every time you use it. That bonus helps to apply to any ability which requires focus. How often, for example, have you had to pool focus for A Murder of Crows just so you can hit an Explosive Shot on the next GCD? Since Fervor is off the global cooldown, you can actually macro "/use Fervor" into any ability that costs more than say 30 focus (AMoC, Multi-Shot, Black Arrow). If you do this, you will sometimes overcap on focus unintentionally, but it also allows you to use the talent like a passive. You never have to worry about it. In addition Fervor is the ONLY level 60 talent that allows you to open on an encounter using every high priority ability before every having to fire a Cobra Shot.

Other than that your gems, enchants and reforges all look fine.

Also keep in mind that Female Dwarf assumes an impossibly perfect rotation. If you're off by a little, then I wouldn't worry about it. If you're off the mark by a lot, it's mainly just an issue of the following:

1) Do not waste GCDs.
    2) Try your hardest to avoid focus starving.
    3) Focus capping is less of a concern, but try not to do either too if you can help it.
    4) Make sure you aren't overusing low priority abilities like Arcane Shot and in some cases Cobra Shot.
    5) Try to predict when you might proc Lock & Load.
    Thanks for the tips.

I switched to Fervor and it really helped my dps, and things were less random than with ToTH. Interestingly enough, Female Dwarf says my dps would be 4k dps lower with Dire Beast than with Fervor.

I do have one question, should I be using Fervor on cooldown, or save it for when I need focus badly or when im casting black arrow and a murder of crows?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips.

I switched to Fervor and it really helped my dps, and things were less random than with ToTH. Interestingly enough, Female Dwarf says my dps would be 4k dps lower with Dire Beast than with Fervor.

I do have one question, should I be using Fervor on cooldown, or save it for when I need focus badly or when im casting black arrow and a murder of crows?
    Basically what I do is have a macro like the following...

Code:
    /cast A Murder of Crows
    /cast Fervor

It will attempt to cast AMoC first, and it will no matter what cast Fervor right after. Say you are at 80 focus. You hit that macro, AMoC is cast and you drop to 20 focus...but since Fervor also gets cast in the same GCD you instantly bump back up to 50 focus and have enough focus in the next GCD for an Explosive Shot or whatever is next in your shot priority.

Say you have 20 focus. If you hit that macro, AMoC will not be cast, but Fervor will be. If you hit the macro again really quickly AMoC will be cast nearly instantaneously. I do the same thing with Multi-Shot and Black Arrow because they are close enough to costing 50 focus for me not to care that much. As long as you are managing your focus and not capping very often it is fairly safe to use Fervor in this way.

Hey guys, I'm looking for anything i can do to boost my dps by even the slightest
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fster/advanced
    logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ekshrlah1urea4gp/
    the logs i would love to be examined is the attempts on magaera, the first 3 or 4 attempts were BM so m not rly bothering much with that, m looking at the survival attempts, also if u can look at the kill logs ( i got replaced on that fight due to low dps by another hunter) and tell me if there is anything i could do to get there
    thanks in advance

Edit: switched to haste>mastery on durumu and my dps went up by a decent margin
    Last edited by Wolfster; 2013-03-11 at 09:20 PM.

Hello there! Sindariian checking in and just wanted to know how I was doing with you all. Been hitting 80K plus in SV but with the valor trinket my hit is way over and was thinking of macroing rabid and cackling howl somehow with my hyena since there simply isn't enough buttons to support all the stopping to click with fervor, rabid and etc. lol No I am not a 'clicker' I do us ekey bindings but any rotation help would be appreciated too. So here I am and again thank you in advance for any imput and suggestions.

ARMORY: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riian/advanced

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Leave both Cackling Howl and Rabid on autocast?

Hey guys, I seem to really be struggling. 479 itm level my dps is still stuck in the low 40ks though I think it should be higher. I run on survival spec most of the time.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Feelsgoodmon/advanced

Spec Beastmaster
    Item Level 491
    Expectations: 70k+ at least
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Wardley/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...q/details/124/
    Femaledwarf Link: Erm - can't find a way to get femaledwarf to link direct to my character? What am I missing? Femaledwarf is saying 65k dps though.

At the moment my DPS seems to be hovering around 60k. For a while I thought it might just be because I had no luck in getting an epic bow or gun so was stuck with an (upgraded) heroic rare bow. However, I finally got the (raid finder version) of the epic bow from Will of the Emperor in the first LFR after patch 5.2 (so can't upgrade that) but didn't see any particular change in my DPS. I did 'take a month off' between Xmas and Feb so missed out on a lot of valor which is why most of my gear isn't upgraded though.

Am I being unrealistic in my DPS? In raids I'm generally towards the bottom of the DPS charts (although so is the other hunter who regularly raids). I'm BM spec'd just because in a lot of 10 man raids I'm asked to cover a lot of missing buff and abilities (ancient hysteria and battle rez being the main two) although my other spec is Survival so if that would be better I could switch to that.

Generally, there's others in the raids doing 30-40k more DPS than me (and then complaining about the nerfs they got with patch 5.2!). I'd really like to at least regularly be towards the top end of 70-80k dps in fights.

Do you use traps at all? Or are those a waste of GCD and focus?
    Last edited by Wardley; 2013-03-14 at 01:34 PM.

Spec Surv
    Item Level 482
    I decided to upload a log of our jinrokh fight, to see if anyone could give me any extra tips

/reports/oq1w1oxdn52d245g/?s=3681&e=4112

Felthunn
    Spec Surv
    Item Level 497
    Expectations: 100k+ . Currently only doing 70-90k
    Armory Link: //us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Felthunn/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/kopyjemocy82oz32/details/7/
    Femaledwarf Link: Not sure how to link a femaledwarf analysis, but it's saying that with raid buffs I'm should do 99k dps, but currently, I end up between 70-80k. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Can someone please have a look at my setup and see what I am doing wrong

Thanks
    Felthunn

10+ Year Old Account

Should be doing more with 505 gear.

Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sylvari/simple

Log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5521&e=6030

I feel 84k on Megara is weak. Not sure what I can do to improve. My armory may be off a bit with hit caps. I was reforging prior to logging.

I did mess around with fervor and dire beast. Didn't see a dramatic difference. Not enough arcane shots? The only thing I didn't try was going back to my 4 set for the fight. Head, Legs are all 483. For the fight I went 519 heroic legs and 489 head instead of 4 set. Female Dwarf has me at 84k no buffs beside pet.

I feel I should of pulled 90k.

Thanks and I appreciate the time.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spec: BM
    Item Level: 496
    Expectations: i think i can pull a bit more dps, at least according to femaledwarf and simcraft, i know i'm not using pots but i simmed with that configuration too
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Oram/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/4hfu24l3ia0x9s9z/details/13/ (6 bosses)
    Femaledwarf Link: doesn't have an account, but i use default settings

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by nicocba; 2013-03-20 at 08:23 PM.

Looking to improve my damage a little on Megaera.
    Spec: Surv
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7347&e=7867
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/leica/simple

The thing that stands out to me is my really shitty Serpent Sting uptime, I let it drop twice but that shouldn't reduce the uptime to that low, is it because I'm not multi-dotting?

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

The thing that stands out to me is my really shitty Serpent Sting uptime, I let it drop twice but that shouldn't reduce the uptime to that low, is it because I'm not multi-dotting?
    SrS uptime is odd on Magaera, I ranked 6th on that fight and it shows my uptime at 65%, even though I know for a fact I had 100% uptime on the head we were focusing. As for your logs specifically, I'd recommend trying BM on Magaera. It's proven to be quite strong, for me at least.
    Just by taking a quick glance at it, you could have squeezed out more explosive shots throughout the fight (I took into account the downtime before Rampage.) Honestly though, your damage isn't that bad considering your gear on Magaera.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Spec BM
    Item Level 497
    Expectations: FD sims me at about 103k, I'd like to be doing roughly 90-100k (higher the better ofc), but I'm only reaching 77-87k roughly. (on Jin Rohk I managed about 120-130k, while others were doing 160k (warlock / mage)
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...evboy/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: N/A for now Will have soon.
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=9671

Thanks for any help

Spec BM
    Item Level 500

Expectations: In the 5.1 raid DPS met my needs perfectly. But when you started the 5.2, I'm having a lot of trouble raiding in TOT, mainly in Horridon where I am currently hitting 65-75 k put frosting with a near 500 expected to hit 100k damage.
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Dhrogo/simple
    Worldoflogs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s8q1u0twtqdaq26j/sum/damageDone/?s=8232&e=8602
    Femaledwarf Link: N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Gimleaf View Post
    Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sylvari/simple

Log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5521&e=6030

I feel 84k on Megara is weak. Not sure what I can do to improve. My armory may be off a bit with hit caps. I was reforging prior to logging.

I did mess around with fervor and dire beast. Didn't see a dramatic difference. Not enough arcane shots? The only thing I didn't try was going back to my 4 set for the fight. Head, Legs are all 483. For the fight I went 519 heroic legs and 489 head instead of 4 set. Female Dwarf has me at 84k no buffs beside pet.

I feel I should of pulled 90k.

Thanks and I appreciate the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

Megaera logs are royally borked. I wouldn't trust them. I think it has something to do with identical heads popping up in the back that you can see and even mouseover, but can't hit/shoot at. TBH, not entirely sure why the log does this. Especially if you're doing a GRGRGR sort of kill order, the one you're killing will always be in the back next head, so it gets screwy.

Quote Originally Posted by dhrogo View Post
    Spec BM
    Item Level 500

Expectations: In the 5.1 raid DPS met my needs perfectly. But when you started the 5.2, I'm having a lot of trouble raiding in TOT, mainly in Horridon where I am currently hitting 65-75 k put frosting with a near 500 expected to hit 100k damage.
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Dhrogo/simple
    Worldoflogs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s8q1u0twtqdaq26j/sum/damageDone/?s=8232&e=8602
    Femaledwarf Link: N/A
    Gear
    The only thing I can see is that you are terribly over the hit cap. Put two red gems in your pants (280 agility to 320 agility). Might want to take a look at http://www.wowreforge.com/ Everything else looks fine to me.

Logs
    You seem to be using dire beast as survival, I'd consider picking up fervor. It is much better than dire beast for aoe fights.
    You are using lynx rush in these logs, AMoC is much better.
    You could've used barrage more in that fight
    Try to kill shot whenever you can on that fight. There are a lot of adds that can be kill shotted. You only had three kill shots.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Megaera logs are royally borked. I wouldn't trust them. I think it has something to do with identical heads popping up in the back that you can see and even mouseover, but can't hit/shoot at. TBH, not entirely sure why the log does this. Especially if you're doing a GRGRGR sort of kill order, the one you're killing will always be in the back next head, so it gets screwy.
    Megaera logs are really broken.

http://i.imgur.com/44S5scH.png

They had 161 ticks in that fight, meaning (presuming no multi-dotting) a tick every ~3 seconds. Which means they had 483 seconds worth of SrS. The fight lasted 519 seconds, so it seems about right to me since you will have more down time this fight because you can't attack heads for a brief period.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart