Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naizy View Post
    Hey
    Just got back to the game last two month, I rerolled to my hunter then, and tried to gear up.
    eu .battle .net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Fluta/simple "I can't post links/images till I post few times, so please delete the space's"
    I'm almost full flex, I barely can join normal run since everyone is asking about the achievement -.- so want to increase/do more dps/dmg so I can be enough for normal runs
    I do 250k-350k dps at the beginning of the fight "with full CD's & potions"
    and in the middle of the fight my dps turn back to 180k-220k ):
    and this's my rotation: (Black Arrow>SS>GT>ES(on CD)"spamming ES while LoL is up">spamming cobra shot till 70-99 focus> 1-3 Arcane shot if all other spells in CD)
    is that the normal dps for my gear?
    is there anything in my gear that I have to fix?
    How's the rotation?
    I'll appreciate your help
    Sorry for my bad English tho ^^
    Spec out of Dire Beast and into Fervor or Thrill of the Hunt. I recommend Thrill of the Hunt if you can play well with it.
    Enchant your gear.
    Be more dynamic about focus management, think 3-5 steps ahead, make it a skill in your arsenal to know how many Arcane Shots you can afford to push out without delaying cooldowns.
    The rotation seems fine - though ES has priority over Glaive Toss, and Serpent Sting has priority over Black Arrow if we're gonna get nitpicky.
    Get the Haromm's trink ASAP (From Dark Shaman)
    Macro Rapid Fire into your abilities or something or just religiously use it on cooldown.
    Don't use the second Stampede till your Dextrous/CDR trinket procs (use ExtraCD to track this)

Don't know bout the DPS, it's a lil more than I do on my 522 warlock so could prolly be better - your burst could be much higher, e.g your opener. Making sure to use Stampede etc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blubneus View Post
    Hi wonderfull hunter people. Would like some input from some of the pro survival guys out there I just keep thinking I could do more than I'm doing right now. Think I'm doing at least a couple of things wrong. Some of them I'm already aware off:
    - serpent sting uptime could be better
    - BA uptime
    - Buffs are not optimal in our raid comp
    - Think I can get in more glaive throws, they just feel really awkward to me sometimes...
    But I just have the feeling that there are a lot off suble things in the surv rotation that I'm just mucking up. Especially on the opener since I think that mine is just really bad. I always start with prepot on -2 glaive throw on -1 and then i'll go ES/RF/Stampede (if trinket procs) otherwise CS/SS (if trinket procs)/MoC. Might be that I'm delaying SS for too long? And should I just cast MoC earlier since it scales dynamically? Think I can get a lot higher numbers in the opener since it just feels really random at the moment. If my trinkets don't proc I'm basically fucked.
    I do all reforging with askmrrobot. Dont think the gear could be more optimized at the moment but if you see any room for improvement feel free to comment.

Here's the info:
    Name is Blubneus
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 574 ilvl
    Expectations: Around 370/380ish on single target. Think that should be possible with my current gear
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bneus/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5220bbjteh3v51b5/
    I was being really bad this wednesday and died to like everything I could die to so have deaths on a lot of bosses. My own meter showed me at 410k dps on norushen but since i'm not doing the logs and our priest goes in second and stays there for a long time that log seems a lot lower.

Any help would be welcome.
    1) Fix the Black Arrow uptime, it's really important, get a WeakAura for it (or make one).
    2) Same with Glaive Toss, manage your focus to always have up on cd, mostly a practice thing.
    3) Openers are generally kinda fucked cuz of trinkets as you mentioned.

Open something like this:

Pre-Glaive
    Explosive Shot
    Black Arrow
    Stampede + RF
    Multi-Shot up your Serpent Sting
    Cobra
    AMOC
    Cobra
    Explosive Shot

And continue.

4) Don't blindly follow AskMrRobot, you want to plug in stat weights of your own. I simmed yours for you:

Plug these into AskMrRobot:

Weapon DPS: 0.58
    Agility: 1
    Hit: 1
    Expertise: 1
    Crit: 0.39
    Haste: 0.31
    Mastery: 0.24
    Attack Power: 0.36

You simmed to 385k DPS on a 5:20 to 8:00 minute fight.

EDIT: FIXED MASTERY. Fix yours too Blubneus. >.<
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-04-03 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Wow thanks a lot m8 Someday I would like to ask you to explain to me how you fixed those stats weights so quickly:P
    Yeah I really need that black arrow weakaura I'll try to get one somewhere. Problem with glaive throw is not really the focus costs, it just doesn't seem to 'fit' sometimes. With a shitton of LnL procs and black arrow/ss falling off etc I'm finding myself making it less of a priority. Btw I'm a bit unclear on this but from what i've heard SS is a stale DOT not calculating your current AP? So is it a dpsloss to cast a cobra shot to keep my SS up instead of a glaive throw? Or should i just cast glaive throw and do a lower AP SS afterwards? And if I multishot to refresh SS do I get a newly scaled SS or the old high AP one? Same goes for SS itself?

Quote Originally Posted by blubneus View Post
    Wow thanks a lot m8 Someday I would like to ask you to explain to me how you fixed those stats weights so quickly:P
    Yeah I really need that black arrow weakaura I'll try to get one somewhere. Problem with glaive throw is not really the focus costs, it just doesn't seem to 'fit' sometimes. With a shitton of LnL procs and black arrow/ss falling off etc I'm finding myself making it less of a priority. Btw I'm a bit unclear on this but from what i've heard SS is a stale DOT not calculating your current AP? So is it a dpsloss to cast a cobra shot to keep my SS up instead of a glaive throw? Or should i just cast glaive throw and do a lower AP SS afterwards? And if I multishot to refresh SS do I get a newly scaled SS or the old high AP one? Same goes for SS itself?
    During LnL/refreshing whatever you have to, Glaive Toss is obvs not a priority, just outside of these phases.

Serpent Sting does snapshot current AP, and it has like 1.5 times the DPE of Arcane Shot, so every second it's not ticking is a DPS loss. Using Glaive over Cobra is always a DPS loss right then and there, but in the long run letting Serpent drop for one more global of anything else is a DPS loss.

Multi-Shotting/Cobra-Shotting gets a new scaled SS, it resnapshots, same goes for SS itself.

Deleted
    Oke thx for all the info, this will make my rotation a lot easier! And thanks again for the stat weights as well

Spec out of Dire Beast and into Fervor or Thrill of the Hunt. I recommend Thrill of the Hunt if you can play well with it.
    I'd prefer TotH since I tried that spec for several time and I'm pretty sure I can handle it much better than Dire beast

Enchant your gear.
    Sir, yes sir.

Be more dynamic about focus management, think 3-5 steps ahead, make it a skill in your arsenal to know how many Arcane Shots you can afford to push out without delaying cooldowns.
    I thought it's important not to get cap focus over delaying some CD's tbh thanks for the information I'll get rid of that!

The rotation seems fine - though ES has priority over Glaive Toss, and Serpent Sting has priority over Black Arrow if we're gonna get nitpicky.
    Don't use the second Stampede till your Dextrous/CDR trinket procs (use ExtraCD to track this)
    Okay, I'll do that.

Get the Haromm's trink ASAP (From Dark Shaman)
    Macro Rapid Fire into your abilities or something or just religiously use it on cooldown.
    I'm gonna do the normal today with my guildies hopefully that trinket get into my bag ):
    and I just did the Rapid Fire macro once I readed this line.

Don't know bout the DPS, it's a lil more than I do on my 522 warlock so could prolly be better - your burst could be much higher, e.g your opener. Making sure to use Stampede etc?
    Well, I'm gonna do the steps you gave me and try it today/tomorrow when we're going to do the normal run.
    and yes I always make sure Stamped is used in CD but now I'll do it at the beginning of the fight and once I get the trinket proc as you said.
    thanks for the information and help Azortharion I really appreciate your help!

Deleted
    Hello fellow hunters!

I play a hunter and I'm doing pretty ok on him, wanting to maximize my potential I wanted to start using SimCraft but I can't really figure out how to get the right stat weights to put into AskMrRobot and figure out which combination of gear in my bags delivers the best DPS in my raids.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltairus View Post
    Hello fellow hunters!

I play a hunter and I'm doing pretty ok on him, wanting to maximize my potential I wanted to start using SimCraft but I can't really figure out how to get the right stat weights to put into AskMrRobot and figure out which combination of gear in my bags delivers the best DPS in my raids.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
    Evrelia goes over the basics here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8HqF-0egDY

You need the AskMrRobot premium thing to do the best in bags option, what I recommend is

1) Watch the guide
    2) Do scale factors for yourself
    3) Check the SimCraft tab for the "Normalized" results when it's done
    4) Plug those into AskMrRobot after paying the $12 a year that the premium service costs
    5) Get the AskMrRobot addon
    6) Click the minimap icon ingame, copy the "best in bags" code
    7) Go to "Import" in the upper right corner of AskMrRobot and paste i in.
    8) Click "Best in Bags" for your best possible gearset based on the scale factors you gave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltairus View Post
    Hi, thanks for the quick response. Just a question about the scaling options in SimCraft, as a hunter do I tick the following:
    Analyze agility, AP, Exp rating, Hit rating, Crit rating, haste rating, mastery rating, weapon DPS, or have I selected too many by going with those options?

*edit*

My hunter is Rembrand on Argent Dawn EU and what I'm basically trying to figure out now is whether to go with normal mode head + Heroic Juggernaut gloves, or stay with Crest of Burning Deeds (Ordos head) + normal mode tier gloves.
    Yeah, tick everything AskMrRobot will accept in the Edit Weights window.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got couple questions about BM:

1. Am I doing it right if I wait a few seconds with my BW so I can stack it with Rabid for every 3rd and 5th BW? (I have the HWF AoC so the CD on BW is 40sec)

2. How do you handle the situtation where you are about to get 2nd Stampede, AoC proc and BW is also coming off. So let's say I do BW and in middle of doing my BW rotation I get the AoC proc, should I continue with my rotation or should I pop Stampede immediately?

3. How many enemies you need it to be beneficial just spam Multi Shot?

4. People say not to consume Focus Fire stacks if BW is coming off but what's actually the right time to consume it and not to?

5. Do you multi dot in cleave fights as BM? Like Protectors?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Kuul; 2014-04-10 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post

1. Am I doing it right if I wait a few seconds with my BW so I can stack it with Rabid for every 3rd and 5th BW? (I have the HWF AoC so the CD on BW is 40sec)

2. How do you handle the situtation where you are about to get 2nd Stampede, AoC proc and BW is also coming off. So let's say I do BW and in middle of doing my BW rotation I get the AoC proc, should I continue with my rotation or should I pop Stampede immediately?

4. People say not to consume Focus Fire stacks if BW is coming off but what's actually the right time to consume it and not to?

Thank you in advance!
    1. Entirely dependant on fight length/no dps transitions. If you lose one usage of BW throughout the fight by delaying it, it is not worth it.

2. I would try to line stampede up with aoc as much as possible so yes.

3. Sim it, but it's when your multi shot does more DPET than arcane shot and kill command

4. Off cool down apart from that one situation

5. No, but it's probably possible for very little, if any, gain

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you in advance!
    1. no just macro it to kill command/ shots, use BW off cd. ( with making sure you get 2 kill commands ofc)

2. pop stampede immediately, delaying one arcane shot is fine

3. spam as in replace over arcane shot id say 3, keep beast cleave up with 2 or more targets which means multi shot to keep the buff up only.

4. id say anytime after bestial wrath or say more than 4 seconds before bestial wrath is about to come up. basically just use on cd except if you are in BW

5. multi dot as in serpent sting? no

Thank you in advance!
    1) No, just use it on cooldown and macro Rabid into stuff.

2) BW does not improve Stampede btw. If AoC procs, you use Stampede no matter what.

3) Always use Kill Command on cooldown if it won't mean that Beast Cleave drops. Multi-Shot is awful, awful damage. Replace Arcane Shot with Multi at 4 targets.

4) Don't consume when 1) TED is up or 2) BW is up or 3) BW will come off cd in less than 10 seconds.

5) I don't, but it is a DPS increase, I just don't bother. (It's relatively low prio, and it's only worth it when ToTH is not up, e.g. Serpent Sting is half the cost of Arcane for more damage).

I has done the mathz.

Reasoning:

2) The damage loss of not overlapping as much Stampede/AoC uptime as possible is much, much greater than not getting another Arcane Shot. Casting Stampede is also free, so the DPF is much higher too.

3) At 4 targets, Multi-Shot DPET beats Arcane Shot, but you need like 10+ targets for Multi-Shot to beat Kill Command's DPE. With ToTH up, it costs half the focus of Kill Command which is valuable, but if you don't drop Beast Cleave by using Kill Command, use it.

4) Spending a non-damaging global during TED is bad. FF gets your pet a guaranteed 100%+ basic attack, but it can take up to 2.5 seconds for this to actually land, by which time you've already dropped 5 stacks, and the damage bonus here doesn't beat a single Arcane Shot to start with.

Same story with BW, unless the only alternative is literally Cobra Shot, you don't use FF when BW/TED is up.

The reason for a 10 second wait (many would argue that you miss out on a bunch of Wild Hunt uptime this way) is:

1) Uptime is so high anyway, regardless of FF or not.
    2) 10 seconds allows for 3 basic attacks, which is 3x40% chance to build stacks again before you BW.

5) Serpent Sting does more damage than Arcane Shot for half the cost, it's a no-brainer to multidot with it, but if you mess it up, that DPS increase is gone.

Here's a helpful string for when to use Focus Fire, meeting all the conditions I listed above. I recommend removing it from your bars so you don't accidentally react to the shiny, and just reacting to when this comes up.

Code:
    d4dpgaGAvuvRxuvonITbiAFIQQMjQQ5kqMnqxg6MsHUTu5BcW5LQ2PkSxYUv1(Ls9trvgMevJtG6VIYqfvgmanCbDqjYPevvogLY5qvSqkPLsjSyKQLd6HsONQ8yj55OSmkrtvKjJuMovxucUQeLNjGUofBKs1wbe2ms2UKAAQiFvfv5ZOY3LcgjQshwOrdOgVuYjLIUfG01aW9urzLQOIrPIk9BvAztjnIwZ3rivScdQz19zb18aiYAKWQYA8(mhHfbJnKvEGAmnyGaO1PrtJMsA0iSZ38voPgfDTkdZVDjSLRrDRmS2asrGy7ZrRppkkg6YoqdoaGeGYpfmp8ema8yja2Suua9uaAoKWXHqL0Qmm)2LbmHgQ5KoKMM5XA8DTOXVAyn(UwrGJEBaBezSihQvDnVNxicJ(fQD2zAMN4AHORzyyXR5DzvR6AExdani2PbGge7YleHr)c1o7mTp2HmL0Hnn7q8ZxVCnddZmpXLv5Au331kawxwZ2aA)(Ug4nstjnddZQaJmMSQbVGOsADgqNOKC5AvGrgtjng55arnEl7ivWc5Y1Gih5(P(quJuDFTQ7fK2THxw1Ig)k6AeAALY3fA3U1R5RqTinAeNC)iyMdjCCiKPKoSPKMdjCCiujnVpe1yE0nmnZJ147ArJF1GyxK8KNl7gIWOFHA5)zAyn(UwX7fK2THVnG5GxoiYyTb8CxiccMFAmdDSgFphePiT0wUc85RzyyglebbpIDOSQbXUi5jpNMnBAggMbXUi5jpNSQzEIRfcg7rOMHHzMN4YQgZqhRX3NHII0slRyPLYwQKfjnwiccEe7qDyJhac4KCnZ7qchhcvsJfIGGhXouh24bGaojxUoSujnhs44qOsA0q6gkQuFiQXBb(5SxgFnVpe1IgyuJ81iKHYQgZqhRX3NHII0slRyPLYwQKfjnZtCTqWypc1(yhYush20saJTb0kgzEBappIdm5LRH147A8IrqhynMHowJVNdIuKwAlxb(8LRzEhs44qOsYLRJavsZHeooeQKgZqhRX3ZbrkslTLRaF(AEFiQfnWOg5RridLvnMHowJVpdffPLwwXslLTujlsAMN4AHGXEeQ9XoKPKoSPzbYCqKXAdyjociX7LRH147A8IrqhynAiDdfvQpe14Ta)C2lJVCnZ7qchhcvsUCDCsjnhs44qOsAEFiQfnWOgZqhRX3NHII0slRyPLYwQKfjTBdFEpyVSQH147A8IrqhynMHowJVNdIuKwAlxb(81iFnczOSQ9XoKPKoSPz)wzyTb0obIY1mpX1cbJ9iuJgs3qrL6drnElWpN9Y4lxZ8oKWXHqLKlxUwR8OOyOl7anaEozPLNoXtGbgSLbdKLhSOa6Pa0Etxcs44qithaOfFsx0j3xjTUi5vsZ7drTqiYqxleIm01OFnFfkxUgnclem23S6(AnpsfSWEPIfcQzX8owqr6eqI3NbS5DeMrDRmmkceLRfvsZoe)81R18DesfRWGAwDFwqnpaISgjSQSgVpZryrWydzLhOCTADy7KTYLlb
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-04-10 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    1) No, just use it on cooldown and macro Rabid into stuff.

2) BW does not improve Stampede btw. If AoC procs, you use Stampede no matter what.

3) Always use Kill Command on cooldown if it won't mean that Beast Cleave drops. Multi-Shot is awful, awful damage. Replace Arcane Shot with Multi at 4 targets.

4) Don't consume when 1) TED is up or 2) BW is up or 3) BW will come off cd in less than 10 seconds.

5) I don't, but it is a DPS increase, I just don't bother. (It's relatively low prio, and it's only worth it when ToTH is not up, e.g. Serpent Sting is half the cost of Arcane for more damage).

I has done the mathz.

Reasoning:

2) The damage loss of not overlapping as much Stampede/AoC uptime as possible is much, much greater than not getting another Arcane Shot. Casting Stampede is also free, so the DPF is much higher too.

3) At 4 targets, Multi-Shot DPET beats Arcane Shot, but you need like 10+ targets for Multi-Shot to beat Kill Command's DPE. With ToTH up, it costs half the focus of Kill Command which is valuable, but if you don't drop Beast Cleave by using Kill Command, use it.

4) Spending a non-damaging global during TED is bad. FF gets your pet a guaranteed 100%+ basic attack, but it can take up to 2.5 seconds for this to actually land, by which time you've already dropped 5 stacks, and the damage bonus here doesn't beat a single Arcane Shot to start with.

Same story with BW, unless the only alternative is literally Cobra Shot, you don't use FF when BW/TED is up.

The reason for a 10 second wait (many would argue that you miss out on a bunch of Wild Hunt uptime this way) is:

1) Uptime is so high anyway, regardless of FF or not.
    2) 10 seconds allows for 3 basic attacks, which is 3x40% chance to build stacks again before you BW.

5) Serpent Sting does more damage than Arcane Shot for half the cost, it's a no-brainer to multidot with it, but if you mess it up, that DPS increase is gone.

Here's a helpful string for when to use Focus Fire, meeting all the conditions I listed above. I recommend removing it from your bars so you don't accidentally react to the shiny, and just reacting to when this comes up.

Code:
    d4dpgaGAvuvRxuvonITbiAFIQQMjQQ5kqMnqxg6MsHUTu5BcW5LQ2PkSxYUv1(Ls9trvgMevJtG6VIYqfvgmanCbDqjYPevvogLY5qvSqkPLsjSyKQLd6HsONQ8yj55OSmkrtvKjJuMovxucUQeLNjGUofBKs1wbe2ms2UKAAQiFvfv5ZOY3LcgjQshwOrdOgVuYjLIUfG01aW9urzLQOIrPIk9BvAztjnIwZ3rivScdQz19zb18aiYAKWQYA8(mhHfbJnKvEGAmnyGaO1PrtJMsA0iSZ38voPgfDTkdZVDjSLRrDRmS2asrGy7ZrRppkkg6YoqdoaGeGYpfmp8ema8yja2Suua9uaAoKWXHqL0Qmm)2LbmHgQ5KoKMM5XA8DTOXVAyn(UwrGJEBaBezSihQvDnVNxicJ(fQD2zAMN4AHORzyyXR5DzvR6AExdani2PbGge7YleHr)c1o7mTp2HmL0Hnn7q8ZxVCnddZmpXLv5Au331kawxwZ2aA)(Ug4nstjnddZQaJmMSQbVGOsADgqNOKC5AvGrgtjng55arnEl7ivWc5Y1Gih5(P(quJuDFTQ7fK2THxw1Ig)k6AeAALY3fA3U1R5RqTinAeNC)iyMdjCCiKPKoSPKMdjCCiujnVpe1yE0nmnZJ147ArJF1GyxK8KNl7gIWOFHA5)zAyn(UwX7fK2THVnG5GxoiYyTb8CxiccMFAmdDSgFphePiT0wUc85RzyyglebbpIDOSQbXUi5jpNMnBAggMbXUi5jpNSQzEIRfcg7rOMHHzMN4YQgZqhRX3NHII0slRyPLYwQKfjnwiccEe7qDyJhac4KCnZ7qchhcvsJfIGGhXouh24bGaojxUoSujnhs44qOsA0q6gkQuFiQXBb(5SxgFnVpe1IgyuJ81iKHYQgZqhRX3NHII0slRyPLYwQKfjnZtCTqWypc1(yhYush20saJTb0kgzEBappIdm5LRH147A8IrqhynMHowJVNdIuKwAlxb(8LRzEhs44qOsYLRJavsZHeooeQKgZqhRX3ZbrkslTLRaF(AEFiQfnWOg5RridLvnMHowJVpdffPLwwXslLTujlsAMN4AHGXEeQ9XoKPKoSPzbYCqKXAdyjociX7LRH147A8IrqhynAiDdfvQpe14Ta)C2lJVCnZ7qchhcvsUCDCsjnhs44qOsAEFiQfnWOgZqhRX3NHII0slRyPLYwQKfjTBdFEpyVSQH147A8IrqhynMHowJVNdIuKwAlxb(81iFnczOSQ9XoKPKoSPz)wzyTb0obIY1mpX1cbJ9iuJgs3qrL6drnElWpN9Y4lxZ8oKWXHqLKlxUwR8OOyOl7anaEozPLNoXtGbgSLbdKLhSOa6Pa0Etxcs44qithaOfFsx0j3xjTUi5vsZ7drTqiYqxleIm01OFnFfkxUgnclem23S6(AnpsfSWEPIfcQzX8owqr6eqI3NbS5DeMrDRmmkceLRfvsZoe)81R18DesfRWGAwDFwqnpaISgjSQSgVpZryrWydzLhOCTADy7KTYLlb
    Did u name change

Requesting a quick y/n from other hunters. Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cadet/advanced (please ignore the unenchanted chest -- have the mats in my bags but the enchanters are refusing to log on).

I've been playing SV all tier with few exceptions, but just redid my reforging to BM intending to try out being a full time BM hunter. But now I'm having second thoughts. I have H WF Haromm's but not even a non-WF TED. Additionally, having reforged, my haste still looks woefully low. What do you think, stick to SV until I get more haste / a TED of some kind ? How important is this magical 14.8k haste anyway ?

1 extra attack from stampede is like 500k or so damage depending on your gear. It's quite big but you shouldn't be focusing on it. Stick with priority of haste mastery crit and still gem/enchant agility where you can

Quote Originally Posted by Musca View Post
    Requesting a quick y/n from other hunters. Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cadet/advanced (please ignore the unenchanted chest -- have the mats in my bags but the enchanters are refusing to log on).

I've been playing SV all tier with few exceptions, but just redid my reforging to BM intending to try out being a full time BM hunter. But now I'm having second thoughts. I have H WF Haromm's but not even a non-WF TED. Additionally, having reforged, my haste still looks woefully low. What do you think, stick to SV until I get more haste / a TED of some kind ? How important is this magical 14.8k haste anyway ?
    14.8k haste seems to grant u one extra tick in stampede. But the haste stacking doesn't need to stop there. More haste the better. The pet enjoys it, specially under frenzy and rabid. both r % based attack speed increase, so more haste u stack pet gets more attack speed. As BM, a faster attacking pet will always make u happy

Also, if u can manage the Bow off protectors, u will get about 2k haste, easily 2% more haste for u + u can do away some reforge to hit.

Well, I definitely wouldn't turn down a H WF paragons bow, but seeing as how I raid 10m that's probably not something to count on.

Thanks for the replies. I know that haste is good for BM, what I want to know is whether lack of haste on gear + not having TED negates the fact that BM is generally considered to perform better than SV at very high gear levels. I strongly suspect the answer is pretty much just "it doesn't matter" at this point, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musca View Post

Having the hcwf ted would be great as it would net you an extra 1k haste or so. If you can get your hands on the klaxxi ring, and the garrosh hcwf chest it would be ideal too, as well as the protectors cbow. That being said, with your current gear you can actually squeeze out more haste. If you go for haste > mastery > crit (which is generally considered the better choice) instead of crit over mastery you will get a couple hundred more haste rating from your chest/malk ring.

It's more specifically 14743 haste, and it's not worth stopping going for Haste there. Just be happy that you can get it, but don't consider it a "cap", consider it a breakpoint. If you have amazeballs gear, there's another one of these caps at 17184.

The thing with Haste is that even when it hits these Stampede breakpoints, it doesn't really lose value because it continues to benefit your pet.

Get ahold of TED asap - you got some really good BM off-pieces.

Just get TED + Paragons and Galakras rings and you'll be fine to be BM.

Thanks for the infos. I swapped back to crit>haste>mastery SV setup because it seems impossible to go above 14.4k haste right now and, with optimal reforging for both specs, Simcraft still seems to think SV is better. Looking forward to getting a TED and some of these yummy haste pieces so I can join the ranks of the BM hunters.