Page 45 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Hey guys, I think I am doing something wrong here.. I cant keep up with the dps of my guild, as you can see in the WoL. Though some have the legendary cloak and I know thats a huge upgrade and all, but yeah.

Armory
    WoL (not sure what to post here, so here is the over all thingy I think)

I've been messing with both BM and Surv this run, to see if I can do something about the dps by changing.
    well first of all pick a spec and stick to it. If you plan on switching from BM to surv often then do a crit>haste>mastery priority

if you're only playing BM then haste>mastery>crit will be a slight increase.

Otherwise I can't see much wrong, your uptimes are pretty good. Only thing I can probably imagine is holding you back is your cooldown usage.

Also don't ever use explosive trap as BM, waste of a global.

But for example on malkorok, you didn't crows until 7 seconds after your AoC procced the first time. The second usage was ok since you crows less than 10 seconds before AoC procced again. I suggest tracking the internal cooldown of your AoC.

Also not entirely sure but you only had 4 pets with you on that malkorok kill? Your stampede was also very late, 8 seconds after AoC procced, that's a lot of lost damage.

Furthermore, dire beast is not a very good talent for survival, I would take fervor/toth over it in any situation.

Finally you should be stacking berserking with stampede, you used it randomly in the middle of the fight for some reason.
    Last edited by Illana; 2014-05-11 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    well first of all pick a spec and stick to it. If you plan on switching from BM to surv often then do a crit>haste>mastery priority

if you're only playing BM then haste>mastery>crit will be a slight increase.

Otherwise I can't see much wrong, your uptimes are pretty good. Only thing I can probably imagine is holding you back is your cooldown usage.

Also don't ever use explosive trap as BM, waste of a global.

But for example on malkorok, you didn't crows until 7 seconds after your AoC procced the first time. The second usage was ok since you crows less than 10 seconds before AoC procced again. I suggest tracking the internal cooldown of your AoC.

Also not entirely sure but you only had 4 pets with you on that malkorok kill? Your stampede was also very late, 8 seconds after AoC procced, that's a lot of lost damage.

Furthermore, dire beast is not a very good talent for survival, I would take fervor/toth over it in any situation.

Finally you should be stacking berserking with stampede, you used it randomly in the middle of the fight for some reason.
    Okey, so to sum it up:

1. Stick with one spec, no need to change between fights (more aoe(Surv) vs more singel target burst(BM))

2. Watch my procs, then follow up with CDs to stack them

3. And change out Direbeast

Oh and I do have full stable, dont know why it only shows 4 pets.. : /
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Okey, so to sum it up:

1. Stick with one spec, no need to change between fights (more aoe(Surv) vs more singel target burst(BM))

2. Watch my procs, then follow up with CDs to stack them

3. And change out Direbeast

Oh and I do have full stable, dont know why it only shows 4 pets.. : /
    1) BM has better AoE
    2) Only with stampede do you want to delay to stack with AoC/pot/hero etc.
    3) fervor/toth as SV, DB/ToTH(on AoE fights) as BM
    4) If you have an exotic pet in stable, it'll summon another copy of your current pet instead during stampede.
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    1) BM has better AoE
    2) Only with stampede do you want to delay to stack with AoC/pot/hero etc.
    3) fervor/toth as SV, DB/ToTH(on AoE fights) as BM
    4) If you have an exotic pet in stable, it'll summon another copy of your current pet instead during stampede.
    Oh, but for my ilvl/gear, what spec is over all better? (Decent with both as it stands now)

So I use crows on CD, and not wait for some proc before I use it?
    And I had a Fel Hound, so thats the reason then.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Oh, but for my ilvl/gear, what spec is over all better? (Decent with both as it stands now)

So I use crows on CD, and not wait for some proc before I use it?
    And I had a Fel Hound, so thats the reason then.
    Might as well use Crows on cd because it basically automatically lines up with your Dextrous trinket.

Can go with either spec in your gear. You're specced Dire Beast as Surv, though, that's bad, don't do that. BM will probably give you more DPS overall for the content you're currently doing (Garrosh HC); but it depends on what PART of the fight you're progressing on, and the best spec for this fight depends in large on your tac.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Might as well use Crows on cd because it basically automatically lines up with your Dextrous trinket.

Can go with either spec in your gear. You're specced Dire Beast as Surv, though, that's bad, don't do that. BM will probably give you more DPS overall for the content you're currently doing (Garrosh HC); but it depends on what PART of the fight you're progressing on, and the best spec for this fight depends in large on your tac.
    he's not cleared normal yet oO

he's not cleared normal yet oO
    I completely misread. Thought I was mousing over HC, my b, ignore that part then.

Hi Guys

Can someone have a look at my logs and see if I can improve my dps. We are currently working on heroic sha but we keep wiping.

Ilvl: 571
    Dps Expectation: 350k+
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elthunn/simple
    Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RfqPHMd2hDB4pvTK

Any and all help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by sandman153 View Post
    Hi Guys

Can someone have a look at my logs and see if I can improve my dps. We are currently working on heroic sha but we keep wiping.

Ilvl: 571
    Dps Expectation: 350k+
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elthunn/simple
    Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RfqPHMd2hDB4pvTK

Any and all help would be appreciated
    well sha isn't really a DPS race, it's about execution. It seems lots of your raid are failing on the simple mechanics like dodging the bolts, standing in bad and doing the pac-man bit. Also see a lot of deaths from mark of arrogance: this needs to be dispelled ASAP and anyone with the debuff should not soak any rifts until it's gone.

Classes with self dispels (your feral and 2 rets) should do so if the healers require them to.

Do not ignore rifts on the other side of the room, eventually they will overwhelm you so get some mobile DPS like your 2 hunters to prioritise ones by the tanks while the healers and melee get the ones where you are stacking.

Leave the adds to the tanks until it gets to about 40% when many will be spawning, even then you can just do some light AOE and don't need to focus too much on them. A bear tank with legendary DPS cloak can tear through the adds quickly enough.

One more thing that might help is that when the big add dies you want the people with gift to be standing nearest so you don't get any more unnecessary pride. This fight is ALL about managing your pride.

Get the execution correct and you can focus on DPS after. Also you will want a few raid cds for every swelling pride. I would suggest you do it like this:

1. Devo + tranq
    2. Devo + healing tide
    3. Spirit link+ascendance
    4. Tree+nature's vigil

and then first round of cds should be back up again.

It -is- "Fix my DPS" and not "Fix my raid" though, honestly. If he wants to improve his DPS, help him with that if you're gonna write a post anyway, I think. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It -is- "Fix my DPS" and not "Fix my raid" though, honestly. If he wants to improve his DPS, help him with that if you're gonna write a post anyway, I think. ;P
    i think dps just comes with having the execution down, I bet if he went into sha normal his serpent sting uptime wouldn't be 45% and only 4 crows in a 8min+ attempt and by the looks of it only 2 stampedes as well.

although his opener needs a bit of work. Starts the fight with 2 cobra shots oO.

Best opener for survival would be:

pre-glaive at 1 second and pre-pot
    stampede
    crows
    explosive shot
    black arrow
    serpent sting

Also when you get more used to the fight try playing with fervor, it's actually pretty good since you don't often waste it unlike charges of toth.

I've been testing fervor+blinkstrikes for surv and it's pretty good and competitive with crows.
    Last edited by Illana; 2014-05-17 at 01:22 AM.

i think dps just comes with having the execution down, I bet if he went into sha normal his serpent sting uptime wouldn't be 45% and only 4 crows in a 8min+ attempt and by the looks of it only 2 stampedes as well.
    No matter how intense/demanding a fight is tactically (which Sha of Pride honestly isn't) it doesn't really excuse mistakes like that so it might be worth looking into.

Spec: Survival
    Item Level: 556
    Expectations: 280k+ single target, and to get up to par with the other hunters on multi-target

So I've gotten pretty comfortable at single target fights like malk, jugg, and thok (sometimes i still screw up and lose uptime on things like SrS though), but feel like I'm severely underperforming relative to my guildmates on fights with multiple targets like protectors. One major disadvantage that I have is that I have yet to get the legendary cloak, but regardless of that I feel like my opener is weak and my uptimes on BA and SrS are lower than i would like on multi-target fights. Ill link the log to my most recent H protector kill, but I would greatly appreciate if you guys could check out some of my other logs and see what else I'm screwing up.

List of things so far i need to work on:
    1. timing stampede w/ dextrous proc
    2. making sure SrS doesnt drop during LnL chains
    3. Using black arrow on multiple targets to maximize uptime w/ AOC
    4. getting the correct pieces of gear asap...

(Character's name is Grefthor)
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fthor/advanced
    Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...zBVG1x#fight=7

Quote Originally Posted by Cackmuffin View Post
    Spec: Survival
    Item Level: 556
    Expectations: 280k+ single target, and to get up to par with the other hunters on multi-target

So I've gotten pretty comfortable at single target fights like malk, jugg, and thok (sometimes i still screw up and lose uptime on things like SrS though), but feel like I'm severely underperforming relative to my guildmates on fights with multiple targets like protectors. One major disadvantage that I have is that I have yet to get the legendary cloak, but regardless of that I feel like my opener is weak and my uptimes on BA and SrS are lower than i would like on multi-target fights. Ill link the log to my most recent H protector kill, but I would greatly appreciate if you guys could check out some of my other logs and see what else I'm screwing up.

List of things so far i need to work on:
    1. timing stampede w/ dextrous proc
    2. making sure SrS doesnt drop during LnL chains
    3. Using black arrow on multiple targets to maximize uptime w/ AOC
    4. getting the correct pieces of gear asap...

(Character's name is Grefthor)
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fthor/advanced
    Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...zBVG1x#fight=7
    Legendary cloak is upwards of 40k dps on aoe fights, on a fight like protectors It comes either 2nd or 3rd damage done depending on my luck.

1. This is good practice, use something like weakauras or tellmewhen to track the internal cooldown of your AoC proc so you are prepared for it proccing and know when it procs.
    2. Not sure when multishot begins to trump explosive in a 3 target fight, that would have to be simulated but I generally spam multishot on protectors. This log is kind of the damage breakdown you will want (ignore cloak proc) http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...jXda3c#fight=7. I know it's normal but really it doesn't change much on heroic. What I do is I use LnL procs when I'm waiting for focus to multishot, since they are free. BA uptime could have been better but I think I didn't have many globals on cobra. I could have obviously parsed higher with barrage and cleave trinket but honestly for normals I really don't care that much.
    3. Multidotting with BA is a very small increase (get's better the higher ilevel AoC you have) and should be low on the list of things to prioritise.
    4. Just go for the pieces with the highest agility, mastery isn't that much worse than haste and both of those are not far behind crit either. Hunter stats synergise with each other very well (some people say hunter secondaries are all crap but its the same thing).

As for specific things: I was playing around with fervor+blink strikes that week. I feel there's never a good target for crows on protectors cause they hit phases too fast to get full use of it so try that next time.

Barrage will be superior to glaives on this fight, I didn't use it cause honestly i didn't think about it.

Other than that it's just about spamming multishot and doing explosive shots when you don't have focus for multishot and then cobra as the last resort.

Hello there
    I'm here again and I'm having a trouble with my rotation
    I've asked you guys three/two and half month ago and my dps was 250k+ when I was 530-550ilvl until now.
    I'm doing 200k-250k - hc. 250-300k - normal.
    My rotation is SS always on target > BA > ES > AS > CS and so on and using my stamp on CD preferring when I have trinket buff
    Randomly using KS! and when I get LaL I spam ES.
    Armory: eu . battle . net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Fluta/simple
    "I know I need to change Siege trinket with Shamans but I'm farming that trinket 3moths ago in normal/flex and it NEVER drops in front of my eyes "
    "delete the spaces to see my armory since I can't post links"
    Last edited by Zubda; 2014-05-17 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naizy View Post
    Hello there
    I'm here again and I'm having a trouble with my rotation
    I've asked you guys three/two and half month ago and my dps was 250k+ when I was 530-550ilvl until now.
    I'm doing 200k-250k - hc. 250-300k - normal.
    My rotation is SS always on target > BA > ES > AS > CS and so on and using my stamp on CD preferring when I have trinket buff
    Randomly using KS! and when I get LaL I spam ES.
    Armory: eu . battle . net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Fluta/simple
    "I know I need to change Siege trinket with Shamans but I'm farming that trinket 3moths ago in normal/flex and it NEVER drops in front of my eyes "
    "delete the spaces to see my armory since I can't post links"
    honestly we need logs to make any meaningful contribution

having maxed professions might help a little though.

Spec SV
    Item Level 559
    Expectations: As much as possible, I don't like doing mediocre dps or dps that isn't to the full potential of my gear
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gamilon/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xJWNAfqVZ6Bk21hR/
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=57640

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    Spec SV
    Item Level 559
    Expectations: As much as possible, I don't like doing mediocre dps or dps that isn't to the full potential of my gear
    From a quick look at one or two fights you seem to have a good grasp of the class. DoT uptimes are good on some fights (BA could use a little work on some) and it appears you are waiting for trinkets before using stampede. Your dps seems pretty decent for your gear, so as long as you make sure you continue to handle your cooldowns to push the maximum dps potential out of them, while maintaining high uptime on your BA you should be in good stead.

One thing, I see you are progressing on hc protectors. It will produce more dps to use multi shot over arcane shot at as little as 2 targets if you have a toth proc. This won't always be optimal to do though while on progression as sometimes you would want to push the bosses faster before calamity gets too much to handle, or to burn the mark of anguish down asap.

That being said, when it isn't necessary to burn one of the targets down fast, it can be useful to cleave with multi-shot if you find you are having issues with enrage, and I would always recommend at the very least multi-shotting every 15 seconds to keep stings up on the targets. This is assuming you stack them. Otherwise, you can multi-shot/apply SrS manually (this will depend on whether you have a toth proc available, if you don't SrS manually) if the bosses are spread in place of an arcane shot on your current target. Though never do this during a LnL proc, as you do want to maximise your explosive shot usage during this time.

Another thing, it will be useful to keep two black arrows running when you can, this is possible for a few seconds thanks to AoC, to get the increased chance to proc LnL.

P.S. Feel free to use this mouse-over macro for your Serpent Sting, as it will help to apply them to multiple targets that are spread out when you don't have a toth proc, without the need to target them.

/cast [@mouseover,harm][]Serpent Sting
    Last edited by mmoce7fe1d879b; 2014-05-17 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    Spec SV
    Item Level 559
    Main DPS loss here is p.bad RNG, but to things you can change, your global count is fairly low, e.g. "cast more" or "cast all the time" becomes crucial at this stage in the game, because you know what buttons to press, mostly, but low global counts is usually a case of being in doubt of what to cast next.

Just for rough comparison, http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ce=3&options=2 - 231 active globals spend in 4:55

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ce=8&options=2 - in 4:47, this guy managed 254 active globals in 8 seconds less. Now he got some better Explosive Shot RNG, but even removing that from the equation he got 13 more globals of ~370.5k damage each (averaged you and his DPS) which is almost 5 million damage lost in globals not spend - that's a 6% DPS loss.

He used Fervor as well, significantly reducing his Arcane count (in theory), but he still managed as many as you did.

This vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDjG_0ecTI might help with this. (Naturally you won't be able to match the log I linked in terms of DPS with 559 iLvl, it was just an example).

EDIT: Also, remove /cast Dash from all the macros you put it into, destroys your DPS on a lot of SoO fights.

Deleted
    I did not check his global count, HERP