I have been trying to improve my gameplay and maximize my DPS, but I have a few questions about Survival rotation. There are a few points in the fight where I have a SS up that I casted with trinket procs. I am awaiting my cool down of ES and letting my focus regen so that I have enough to cast as soon as ES becomes available. This equates to a few GCD losses. should I be filling this gapped time with a Cobra shot to maybe squeeze off some arcane shots, or should I let my SS continue to tick at its snapshotted level and not refresh until 2 or 3 seconds left?
    Last edited by Ooglar; 2014-08-27 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooglar View Post
    I have been trying to improve my gameplay and maximize my DPS, but I have a few questions about Survival rotation. There are a few points in the fight where I have a SS up that I casted with trinket procs. I am awaiting my cool down of ES and letting my focus regen so that I have enough to cast as soon as ES becomes available. This equates to a few GCD losses. should I be filling this gapped time with a Cobra shot to maybe squeeze off some arcane shots, or should I let my SS continue to tick at it's snapshotted level and not refresh until 2 or 3 seconds left?
    time spent doing nothing is ALWAYS a dps loss

Yeaaah, never stop casting, just fit in a Cobra.

Spec: SV
    Ilvl: 581
    Expectations: just asking for some tweaking.
    Armor: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Suspek/simple
    Warcraft Log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/4050

I am just asking for some insight of certain things I might be doing wrong. For Example on Imm I believe I should be doing way better than what I am doing right now. Sha of Pride I think I should be doing better. On Galakras I am on grunt duty (just incase). Im just looking for some Tweaking certain things that could improve my skill. Also would like some imputs on my other BM hunter partner Whoots if possible, she is a MOP baby and still learning the ways of BM. Me personally I suck at BM

Thanks for all the Help I can get.
    Last edited by Suspek; 2014-08-27 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suspek View Post
    Spec: SV
    Ilvl: 581
    Expectations: just asking for some twiking.
    Armor: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Suspek/simple
    Warcraft Log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/4050

I am just asking for some insight of certain things I might be doing wrong. For Example on Imm I believe I should be doing way better than what I am doing right now. Sha of Pride I think I should be doing better. On Galakras I am on grunt duty (just incase). Im just looking for some Twiking certain things that could improve my skill. Also would like some imputs on my other BM hunter partner Whoots if possible, she is a MOP baby and still learning the ways of BM. Me personally I suck at BM

Thanks for all the Help I can get.
    Usual suspects: glaive uptime, explosive shot uptime and a little to do with your dot uptime.

Immerseus is about your mouse accuracy and if you can target the right blob in the middle of everything. If you have bad mouse dexterity you're never going to do well on that fight.

And to whoots: again just not using things on cd, 30 KCs on a 4:35 fight on malk? Needs more time on target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Usual suspects: glaive uptime, explosive shot uptime and a little to do with your dot uptime.

Immerseus is about your mouse accuracy and if you can target the right blob in the middle of everything. If you have bad mouse dexterity you're never going to do well on that fight.

And to whoots: again just not using things on cd, 30 KCs on a 4:35 fight on malk? Needs more time on target dummy.
    Hmm weird Explosive Shot up time, ok ty for that I will monitor it. And Whoots knows her CD management sucks which is why I told her to work on Weakauras

Quote Originally Posted by Suspek View Post
    Hmm weird Explosive Shot up time, ok ty for that I will monitor it. And Whoots knows her CD management sucks which is why I told her to work on Weakauras
    Once you have the basics down (which I feel you do) it's all about making sure you're hitting something every global cd and then moving on to hitting the RIGHT something every global cd.

That will come with practice.

Whoots needs to just make sure her big skills are being used off cd, after she can manage that then start working on cd stacking and split decisions in fight.

Spec: Surv
    Item Leve:l 529
    Expectations: 164,4k according to SimCraft
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nalee/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...et=2&source=17

Link is for Raid Dummy, same as SimCraft was made.

SimCraft's settings were:
    No buffs/debuffs (turned off crit bonus on wolf)
    10.000 iterations
    450 sec duration
    Length variation of 20%
    Player skill Elite
    TMI Standard Boss Custom
    TMI Window 6sec
    Low World Lag

Came back to my hunter after 3-4 months when I played after years of break, now I'm thinking about maining it again in WoD, but I can't be just another 'huntard' dps-wise, always aimed for the top and I should so now I am well aware that variations between live and SimCraft are to be expected, but 20k seems a lot.
    Last edited by Huggykaze; 2014-08-28 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Spec: Surv
    Item Leve:l 529
    Expectations: 164,4k according to SimCraft
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nalee/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...et=2&source=17

Link is for Raid Dummy, same as SimCraft was made.

SimCraft's settings were:
    No buffs/debuffs (turned off crit bonus on wolf)
    10.000 iterations
    450 sec duration
    Length variation of 20%
    Player skill Elite
    TMI Standard Boss Custom
    TMI Window 6sec
    Low World Lag

Came back to my hunter after 3-4 months when I played after years of break, now I'm thinking about maining it again in WoD, but I can't be just another 'huntard' dps-wise, always aimed for the top and I should so now I am well aware that variations between live and SimCraft are to be expected, but 20k seems a lot.
    uptimes are a little low but main thing i see is only 25 glaives in 7min+?

uptimes are a little low but main thing i see is only 25 glaives in 7min+?
    SimCraft showed 17, so I actually had more Glaives in 7m21s, than SimCraft in 7m30s. I try to cast them on cooldown, but I think LnL has prio, right? And with t16p4 it can become a real ExS spam :P Or should I prioritize Glaives? The difference would be around 4 Glaives, so not that much Glaive has 15s CD with 441s fight it's 29 casts

As for uptimes, I am aware of that, still learning to handle t16p4 bonus without dropping SrS and BA Anything else there, 'cos that doesn't look like a cause for 20k difference in DPS, 5k sure, but 20?

What really bugs me is 90% active time, with 100% DPS would go up to 160k+, but need to run few more tests to see wether it's me turning combat log on too early or maybe I simply slack :P
    Last edited by Huggykaze; 2014-08-29 at 10:16 AM.

As for uptimes, I am aware of that, still learning to handle t16p4 bonus without dropping SrS and BA
    you don't, just spam ES
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    you don't, just spam ES
    You mean I shouldn't care for anything else even if it's my 20th ES in a row and my focus is already around 10000/100? :P Cool!

You mean I shouldn't care for anything else even if it's my 20th ES in a row and my focus is already around 10000/100? :P Cool!
    yup, but try tracking LnL and use BA when the ICD is coming off cd.

Explosive shot> everything except crows/stampede with AoC proc.

Deleted
    yup, but try tracking LnL and use BA when the ICD is coming off cd.

Explosive shot> everything except crows/stampede with AoC proc.
    Well technically BA is higher DPET, so it would still be good to refresh BA when it's falling off, during LnL. The chances of you having 10 LnL procs in a row are slim, so more often than not you won't miss one by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Well technically BA is higher DPET, so it would still be good to refresh BA when it's falling off, during LnL. The chances of you having 10 LnL procs in a row are slim, so more often than not you won't miss one by doing this.
    no, that's only if you lose an entire BA for an explosive shot, which never happens

at worst you lose 2-3 ticks which is not even close to the DPET of an explosive shot.

Deleted
    no, that's only if you lose an entire BA for an explosive shot, which never happens

at worst you lose 2-3 ticks which is not even close to the DPET of an explosive shot.
    Chances are you won't even lose an explosive shot though. Because it's a rare day when you get 10 in a row.

Chances are you won't even lose an explosive shot though. Because it's a rare day when you get 10 in a row.
    Call me lucky, 'cos I get these like once per fight :P Sometimes more often. Yesterday I actually got LnL proc while still having previous one :P Of course it's due to t16p4 bonus, wouldn't happen without it. So in the end I think it's safe to refresh BA and SrS after losing 1-2 ticks when they fall off during extended LnL, right? It actually kills me, 'cos it's a gamble every time. I may lose my previous to last ExS or I may lose half or more of BA and SrS.

As this is a bet and you will never be able to do it right, is there anything else I could do better?

well no, the chance is pretty high. LnL doesn't proc as soon as you apply BA and there's obviously a high chance for it to proc when BA is running out.

For example

BA has 4 seconds left and LnL procs. You spend all your LnL charges until there's 3 seconds left on BA ICD in which case you reapply or you run out, whichever comes first.

DPET means nothing for DoTs unless you were planning on casting it then doing nothing for it's entire duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spec: Survival currently
    Item level: 570
    Expectations: possible spec swapping?
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntara/advanced

Hello, this is my alt hunter, I have been maining healing since wotlk and I honestly don't pay much attention to what specs the hunters in my raid are playing. I have been playing survival in casual Soo runs but recently got a comment from 14/14 hc guildie hunters that ''omg you are survival lol, switch to beast mastery asap lol, survival is shit dps". A quick google search said that it is indeed a dps gain to switch to beast mastery at certain gear levels. My question is: am I ready to go beast mastery? I have the siegecrafter trinket in bank, that is important to BM or so I hear...