Quote Originally Posted by Alinghi View Post
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 584
    Expectations: so people say my DPS is good
    Armory Link: Check Gringalf on EU-Blackmoore (not allowed to post links :-( )
    Warcraftlogs Link: Worldoflogs - EU-Blackmoore (german) - Invictus Guild - 31-july-14 (little older but gear hasnt changed much)

So i wanted to apply to a guild and they looked over my logs and told me that its not good enough to meet their requirements. So i decided to post here and see if anyone can help me. i am not to unhappy with my dps... in some fights i do the most dps of my guild and in some i am somewhere in the middle. i know that it can be boss mechanical wise that hunters are not always on top... But now that i wanted to change to another guild it bothers me that i am not good enough with the gear i have.

I play SV on all fight because i am pretty used to rotation. But now i question my spec and think of switching to BM. Is it really that much stronger?? And on what bosses should i not be playing SV?? What can i do to get better?? It seems that i need another 20k to 30k more dps with my gear. I do have the Ticking Ebon Detonator in case i would need that for BM.

Please help
    For 584 your damage is definitely lacking somewhere. You don't have a malkorok log so I'm going to try and analyse the juggernaut one.

I can't see anything particularly wrong but worldoflogs is terrible and i cannot see your APM or your focus management (easily at least)

but I'm going to take a guess with the the information I have and I'll say that you're not filling all your globals and have some dead time (not much but some) and you don't manage your focus to the maximum potential.

And yes BM at your gear level will perform noticeably better provided you know how to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    For 584 your damage is definitely lacking somewhere. You don't have a malkorok log so I'm going to try and analyse the juggernaut one.

I can't see anything particularly wrong but worldoflogs is terrible and i cannot see your APM or your focus management (easily at least)

but I'm going to take a guess with the the information I have and I'll say that you're not filling all your globals and have some dead time (not much but some) and you don't manage your focus to the maximum potential.

And yes BM at your gear level will perform noticeably better provided you know how to play it.
    Thanks Illana for the quick response and the good hints. I heard that Worldoflogs is terrible for some factors... i will have a raid tomorrow where i will use warcraftlogs. If ok with you i will send you the logs so you can have a better understanding for what i might be doing wrong. i played BM prior 5 month ago so will pratice again and hopefully it'll work out better.

At Illana:

Like i said... here are the warcraft logs....hope it helps and you can tell me what i am doing wrong. I leave my gear as it is so you can also see the way i am reforged.

Since i cannot post any links... Look on Warcraftlogs for the guild Noxxic - EU - Blackmoore (Raid Sept. 18th)

Thanks in advance...

Spec BM
    Item Level 561
    Expectations: To be on par with Surv (310k+)
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ukias/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ummary&boss=-2 Shitty flex group that disbanded after two wipes.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. My damage just seems completely off and I have no idea why. The other hunter from the logs beat my by ~30k with 5 less ilvls and an LFR trinket. Pls help.

anyone having trouble opening wcl?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    anyone having trouble opening wcl?
    no, works just fine

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Spec Beast Mastery
    Item Level 575
    Current DPS: 170-300K
    Expectations: 430K+
    Armory Link: Doyrok on EU-Silvermoon (sorry first time to post)
    Warcraftlogs Link: Doyrok on EU-Silvermoon

I've been playing WoW for some nine months now (am a really late adopter) and been lucky the last couple of weeks with a few OpenRaid HM PuGs. While most of the people I've played with are nice and they've been open to getting me in their raids time and again, I have this sinking feeling that I'm just being carried. Simcraft says that I should be at 430K DPS with my gear and at my iLevel but the best I can seem to do at a training dummy is around 300K. At HM SOO fights I do worse, 180K Immerseus and 190-300K with the other fights (am 8/14 and my PuG's been stuck at Malk the last couple weeks). I am playing from the Philippines so I have a world 265-300ms + another 270ms home latency. Aside from the latency issues, what am I doing wrong?

I don't have a SOO log yet, and wont be raiding again until the first week of October so I hope the training dummy log helps. I really want to make a significant contribution to the raids I join. Hope you can help me out.

Spec Survival
    Item Level 584
    Expectations: 'bout 30k more (430k on Thok)
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ngalf/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...JBVy7#fight=35

So i wanted to apply to a guild and they looked over my logs and told me that its not good enough to meet their requirements. So i decided to post here and see if anyone can help me. i am not to unhappy with my dps... in some fights i do the most dps of my guild and in some i am somewhere in the middle. i know that it can be boss mechanical wise that hunters are not always on top... But now that i wanted to change to another guild it bothers me that i am not good enough with the gear i have.

I play SV on all fight because i am pretty used to rotation. But now i question my spec and think of switching to BM. Is it really that much stronger?? And on what bosses should i not be playing SV?? What can i do to get better?? It seems that i need another 20k to 30k more dps with my gear. I do have the Ticking Ebon Detonator in case i would need that for BM.

Please help

Well, on a large scale BM is 10% better than SV which is more than 30k more.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Well, on a large scale BM is 10% better than SV which is more than 30k more.
    Is that on all bosses?? if i play SV on some bosses, what can i do to get more dos with SV??

And do you have a good BM rotation guide you can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Alinghi View Post
    Is that on all bosses?? if i play SV on some bosses, what can i do to get more dos with SV??

And do you have a good BM rotation guide you can recommend?
    Some bosses 15-20% difference, others 5-8% difference. In the end it averages out to a good 10%.

Icy-Veins has a decent rotation guide, it's not really different than SV. Once you've done basics and stuff I recommend my own thread because I'm a bastard: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-F-A-Q-Answers

I'm no SV DPS expert but the main things to look out for are:

1) Black Arrow uptime.
    2) Maintaining a high global count (prolly most important)
    3) Hitting that fkn Explosive Shot every time.

Rest is a balancing act of focus with Cobra/Arcane, the priority is to get ES/BA and stuff off on cooldown, and pooling properly for AMOC and using that on cooldown.

For AoE and stuff it's just about mastering the methods that I outline in the F.A.Q thread for what to do with X amount of targets.

Deleted
    Spec: Beast Mastery
    Item Level580
    Expectations:350K+
    Armory Link: New, so it won't let me post. Check reply for link.
    Warcraftlogs Link: New, so it won't let me post. Check reply for link.

My guild is trying to get Garrosh (HC) down before next week’s patch. I am really letting everyone down with my pitiful DPS. I am not worried about my AOE, as that seems marginally OK. However, my single target is crucial; especially in the latter phases.

I know that I am doing a lot of things wrong. I’m not using Kill Command, Glaive Toss, Arcane Shot enough. I’m over using Cobra shot; and all these other little bits and bobs of wrongness. All of this is well and good, but what this all points to in my opinion is that I am failing at managing my focus! As in I want to use Glaive Toss every 15 seconds and all my CDS for that matter when available. But, it seems that I don’t have enough Focus.

Anyway, I am still relatively new to WoW; I’ve really enjoyed raiding. However, I can see that I am not improving as I should.

My RL suggested I post to here and see what advice I could get.

All feedback is welcomed. I am desperate to improve my single-target DPS before the patch!!! HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinissi View Post
    Spec: Beast Mastery
    Item Level580
    Expectations:350K+
    Armory Link: New, so it won't let me post. Check reply for link.
    Warcraftlogs Link: New, so it won't let me post. Check reply for link.

My guild is trying to get Garrosh (HC) down before next week’s patch. I am really letting everyone down with my pitiful DPS. I am not worried about my AOE, as that seems marginally OK. However, my single target is crucial; especially in the latter phases.

I know that I am doing a lot of things wrong. I’m not using Kill Command, Glaive Toss, Arcane Shot enough. I’m over using Cobra shot; and all these other little bits and bobs of wrongness. All of this is well and good, but what this all points to in my opinion is that I am failing at managing my focus! As in I want to use Glaive Toss every 15 seconds and all my CDS for that matter when available. But, it seems that I don’t have enough Focus.

Anyway, I am still relatively new to WoW; I’ve really enjoyed raiding. However, I can see that I am not improving as I should.

My RL suggested I post to here and see what advice I could get.

All feedback is welcomed. I am desperate to improve my single-target DPS before the patch!!! HELP!
    Since you seem to be aware of the things that will DRASTICALLY effect your DPS and are leaning more towards needing help with focus management, my first question is: Are you using some sort of mod or WA so that your focus bar is large enough and in an easy to see part of your screen? You say you're over using Cobra Shot, but still lack enough focus to hit abilities on CD? My suggestion would be to sit on a target dummy and learn to control the amount of focus you get AND are spending. Using a lot of Arcane Shots is all well and good, but if you dump all of your focus into it and don't have enough for major abilities you're doing it wrong.

From a brief glimpse at your logs I've got a couple ideas.
    1. When you cast BW(asap) you should have enough focus to never use Cobra Shot until it expires. KC, GT, and Arcane spam until its over.
    2. Again with BW, you should ALWAYS KC twice every time you use it.
    3. Save your second Stampede for your third AoC proc.

Those very basic things should show a nice increase, but learning to manage your focus is invaluable. Get on the dummy and practice!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Since you seem to be aware of the things that will DRASTICALLY effect your DPS and are leaning more towards needing help with focus management, my first question is: Are you using some sort of mod or WA so that your focus bar is large enough and in an easy to see part of your screen? You say you're over using Cobra Shot, but still lack enough focus to hit abilities on CD? My suggestion would be to sit on a target dummy and learn to control the amount of focus you get AND are spending. Using a lot of Arcane Shots is all well and good, but if you dump all of your focus into it and don't have enough for major abilities you're doing it wrong.

From a brief glimpse at your logs I've got a couple ideas.
    1. When you cast BW(asap) you should have enough focus to never use Cobra Shot until it expires. KC, GT, and Arcane spam until its over.
    2. Again with BW, you should ALWAYS KC twice every time you use it.
    3. Save your second Stampede for your third AoC proc.

Those very basic things should show a nice increase, but learning to manage your focus is invaluable. Get on the dummy and practice!
    Thanks for responding Dhryke!

Firstly, this was extremely helpful.

1). I am not using any mod for tracking my Focus; however, I absolutely should! Thank you for suggesting that. I will see if I can find an appropriate mod (add-on) for this; happy for you to recommend one.
    2). I am going to start using WA for my frequently used cds (BW, GT, KC) so I am able to use them right when they are ready. This is should also make me better aware of my focus spending. (I hope!)
    3). While practising today I have seen a noticeable improvement to my dps just by not using CS during BW as you said. Thank you!!! I can’t believe I was making that mistake in the first place – oh the shame!

I know that I should easily be able to do 350K single-target at my level. So after some of the changes you have mentioned I was able to do that immediately! However, I know that I am still way off compared to other hunters at my same ilvl. I have been told by several guildies that I have a horrible UI and my key-bindings are all wrong. Would you be able to send me a screenshot of your UI, if possible?

Also, do you have any recommended Macros that I should be aware of?

If you don’t want to post it, you are welcome to reach out to me on skype (skype name: Muffinissi Debra).

Anyway, thanks again for your help; it was really appreciated. I am determined to get better!

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinissi View Post
    Thanks for responding Dhryke!

Firstly, this was extremely helpful.

1). I am not using any mod for tracking my Focus; however, I absolutely should! Thank you for suggesting that. I will see if I can find an appropriate mod (add-on) for this; happy for you to recommend one.
    2). I am going to start using WA for my frequently used cds (BW, GT, KC) so I am able to use them right when they are ready. This is should also make me better aware of my focus spending. (I hope!)
    3). While practising today I have seen a noticeable improvement to my dps just by not using CS during BW as you said. Thank you!!! I can’t believe I was making that mistake in the first place – oh the shame!

I know that I should easily be able to do 350K single-target at my level. So after some of the changes you have mentioned I was able to do that immediately! However, I know that I am still way off compared to other hunters at my same ilvl. I have been told by several guildies that I have a horrible UI and my key-bindings are all wrong. Would you be able to send me a screenshot of your UI, if possible?

Also, do you have any recommended Macros that I should be aware of?

If you don’t want to post it, you are welcome to reach out to me on skype (skype name: Muffinissi Debra).

Anyway, thanks again for your help; it was really appreciated. I am determined to get better!
    I would suggest taking a look through the "Post your UI" thread stcikied at the top of the forum. I don't have access to my home computer for a few more days or I would post mine. Some really great looking functional UIs in there.

what's the difference between the blue and yellow headings of Chimaera Shot on Warcraft Logs?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Chimaera shot does nature damage to main target and frost damage to secondary target. That's where two colours come from.

E. Actually I'm not sure if it's nature on main target, or is it random but you get the point.
    Last edited by mmoce9f8e04ff2; 2014-11-03 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Chimaera shot does nature damage to main target and frost damage to secondary target. That's where two colours come from.

E. Actually I'm not sure if it's nature on main target, or is it random but you get the point.
    gotcha thanks

edit: and it apparently it gives no shits
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2014-11-03 at 12:46 PM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

This thread is still stickied but doesn't seem to be in use...hoping I can get help.

Spec: MM
    Item Level: 635
    Expectations: 20k+ dps, beating a demo lock
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Xyrme/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: Heroic Grimrail + Auch

I am doing about 17k but according to simcraft I should be ~20k. Also I keep getting beaten by this demo lock. I know he's a good player, but I feel like I"m missing something big here. In terms of gear, I'm all 630/640 except for my belt and 1 trinket which are 615 (armory will show everbloom trinket, I had frostwolf rep trinket at the time).

EDIT: Just realized I was *ALWAYS* prioritizing barrage over AS, even with ToTH. Would that explain it? Is there anything else big that Im' missing? Also, I'm unclear as to when I should use Barrage vs Glaive Toss...
    Last edited by zurm; 2014-11-29 at 02:05 AM.