Page 84 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Could anyone please have look on this person's logs?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14 ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yewen/advanced )
    I don't really play a DPS, so I can not advise directly. Thank you in advance!
    Well on operator, he died. Serpent Sting should be a much bigger part of his total damage thanks to frequent AoE phases.

For Iron Maidens as well, I cast Multi Shot (hence Serpent Sting) 50% more times than he did on our first kill but also on a fight that lasted 2.5 minutes shorter for me. On Hans and Franz his Multistrike procs were a bit lower than mine but total DPS was close. Probably a little bit of bad RNG on him but he got so many damn LnL procs though.

On Flamebender he died to Molten Torrent. Dead no DPS :P
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    Hello Guys,

can you please help me with my DPS.
    Currently I´m survival and I like the playstyle, but I don´t know if I can be better with BM spec.
    Below you can see log from yesterday and also armory. Please just let me know, if its worth for me to change to BM, I tried it last week but my DPS was too low and I´ve been frustrated.
    As I´m new here I´m not able to post any links so my log is on worldoflogs > EU Drakthul > guild Mythical society and there you can see yesterday raid.
    On EU armory I´m : russellas

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by ipoi View Post
    Hello Guys,

can you please help me with my DPS.
    Currently I´m survival and I like the playstyle, but I don´t know if I can be better with BM spec.
    Below you can see log from yesterday and also armory. Please just let me know, if its worth for me to change to BM, I tried it last week but my DPS was too low and I´ve been frustrated.
    As I´m new here I´m not able to post any links so my log is on worldoflogs > EU Drakthul > guild Mythical society and there you can see yesterday raid.
    On EU armory I´m : russellas

Thank you very much
    The only logs from last week for your guild are 2 kills on Normal BRF. Your guild don't seem to log very much so it's very difficult to do any sort of comparison. Here's the link anyway for ipoi

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/9122/
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Samfisher;32596680]The only logs from last week for your guild are 2 kills on Normal BRF. Your guild don't seem to log very much so it's very difficult to do any sort of comparison. Here's the link anyway for ipoi

please check worldoflogs not warcraftlogs. Im raiding with raid 1 grp and they are making logs on warcraftlogs, but mainly Im raiding with raid 2 grp and We are doing logs every raid on worldoflogs. So please check worldoflogs.com
    worldoflogs.com/reports/iryr47faazv3nowj/

Hi everyone, there's a hunter in my guild who strives to become better with BM, where do you think she can improve? We do mainly normal BRF and barely dipped our toe in to heroic. Here's a link to her parses .warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/757571/7/#boss=0

Deleted
    Hi everyone,

I've tried to look in the forums to get what I'm doing wrong with my DPS as BM. If I play SV I do my 30k+ DPS as BM I'm struggling to get 25k DPS even if I have better Gear as BM...

Armory: eu)battle)net/wow/en/character/der-mithrilorden/Akam%C3%A9/advanced
    Warcraftlogs: www)warcraftlogs)com/reports/LYaXK6ATZVd12pQh/#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=9 (switched to SV after that Fight)

I didn't used Barrage for ST I think thats the first mistake, Update of Steady was around 75% so thats okay I think? I'm struggling when to use Steady Focus. Sure at 5 Stacks and before BW but anytime else?

Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by mmoc5459dc1476; 2015-03-05 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarf View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've tried to look in the forums to get what I'm doing wrong with my DPS as BM. If I play SV I do my 30k+ DPS as BM I'm struggling to get 25k DPS even if I have better Gear as BM...

Armory: eu)battle)net/wow/en/character/der-mithrilorden/Akam%C3%A9/advanced
    Warcraftlogs: www)warcraftlogs)com/reports/LYaXK6ATZVd12pQh/#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=9 (switched to SV after that Fight)

I didn't used Barrage for ST I think thats the first mistake, Update of Steady was around 75% so thats okay I think? I'm struggling when to use Steady Focus. Sure at 5 Stacks and before BW but anytime else?

Thanks in Advance
    Main point:

Stampede - use it, it will certainly increase dps and you could have squeezed in 2 uses potentially

Minor points:

Kill command - decent usage 50/57 - prioritize having focus for this
    Barrage - as you mentioned
    Focus - you hit max focus a few too many times during the fight

As for when to use Focus fire - I follow Azors guidance to use at any stacks before BW and any stacks during stampede, otherwise use at 5 stacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveor View Post
    Main point:

Stampede - use it, it will certainly increase dps and you could have squeezed in 2 uses potentially

Minor points:

Kill command - decent usage 50/57 - prioritize having focus for this
    Barrage - as you mentioned
    Focus - you hit max focus a few too many times during the fight

As for when to use Focus fire - I follow Azors guidance to use at any stacks before BW and any stacks during stampede, otherwise use at 5 stacks.
    Thanks for the Tips will look forward to do something. About the max Focus if Barrage and KC are on CD to dump some Focus use Arcane Shot right? So I tried to do this at the Dummys and burned my Focus too much so only 1 AS to stay at 50-70 Focus to use KC and Barrage right away?

Spec: BM
    Item Level : 680
    Expectations: To be at least on par with ranked hunters
    Armory Link: us.battle.net /wow/en/character/guldan/Lucid/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com /reports/dfQ29gpKrJGXkRth#fight=4

I can't post links because I haven't posted enough, just remove the space. The fight linked is Gruul, but I'm also concerned particularly with Ore and Maidens. I've read all the relevant guides and feel like I'm following the correct priority (except for maidens, more on that later). I'm consistently losing to a Survival hunter in my guild who does not have 4 piece, although is a few ilvl higher than myself. But furthermore I'm not even close to the warcraft logs top 200 hunters on any fight. On Maidens last night I ended up switching to SV because I was doing horribly. I feel like I never have enough focus to keep up the priority. I'm so far off I'm sure there's 1 really simple huge thing I'm missing and a handful of smaller things. I just don't know what it is. Please help!

Thanks,
    Lucid

Deleted
    Spec: MM
    Item Level : 672
    Expectations: Uncertain
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronze-dragonflight/Aerevyn/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: below

Hi all,
    I've got a rather unusual "Fix my dps" query. Why is it so high?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/czd6j...?s=4242&e=4536

Essentially, I'm a 673 (for the kill, 674 now) Hunter who has ranked on Gruul Hc. Every hunter above me seems to have 7-8 ilvls on me.

Normally I'd expect to see some crazy RNG accounting for this.
    TotH uptime was 51.7% which is largely typical for MM. Arguably low according to patchwerk simcrafts.
    Crits were actually very poor RNG, 29% Chimaera and 11% KS (I'm ~38% crit raid buffed).
    The fight was under 5 minutes so 1 Stampede.
    I only got 3 petrifications which is on the low-side.

Essentially I'd like to do this every time (or better) but I want to know if there's something I'm missing that makes this something of a 1-off...

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mmoc8d0803caf5; 2015-03-05 at 02:46 PM.

Bit of a stupid question but I can't find it, how do you find out how many KC's you missed using logs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey92 View Post
    Bit of a stupid question but I can't find it, how do you find out how many KC's you missed using logs?
    I think you look how long the fight took and divide it with the CD of KC then you have the maximum amount and with logs you see how many times you used KC ...

Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Spec: MM
    Item Level : 672
    Expectations: Uncertain
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronze-dragonflight/Aerevyn/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: below

Normally I'd expect to see some crazy RNG accounting for this.
    TotH uptime was 51.7% which is largely typical for MM. Arguably low according to patchwerk simcrafts.
    Crits were actually very poor RNG, 29% Chimaera and 11% KS (I'm ~38% crit raid buffed).
    The fight was under 5 minutes so 1 Stampede.
    I only got 3 petrifications which is on the low-side.

Essentially I'd like to do this every time (or better) but I want to know if there's something I'm missing that makes this something of a 1-off...

Thanks in advance!
    Nothing leaps out at me, however WoL isn't nearly as good as WCL for analyzing stuff and I couldn't even get some of the info like a time of casting from it. However, apparently your logs are showing up on ask mr robot. It's somewhat better than WoL.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/34#v=0,d=0

From what I could tell, pretty much every buff you could get was active and stacking at the start.

You probably actually could have done better, you seem to have been prioritizing AS over CS and CS hits about twice as hard.

Deleted
    Thanks, I'm not consciously prioritising AS over CS but my CSes are low. Also yes, you're right that my dps is very front-loaded but I thought that was pretty-much standard for MM. Blow everything at start, heroism or not.

I'm just not sure why I'm competing with people 7-8 ilvls above me without crazy good RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Thanks, I'm not consciously prioritising AS over CS but my CSes are low. Also yes, you're right that my dps is very front-loaded but I thought that was pretty-much standard for MM. Blow everything at start, heroism or not.

I'm just not sure why I'm competing with people 7-8 ilvls above me without crazy good RNG.
    You should probably be able to have at least somewhat higher uptime on Sniper Training. Gruul is not a movement intensive fight and simply hitting disengage can do a lot of it for you.

The front loaded wasn't an example of you doing something wrong, especially on a fight like Gruul, it's what you should be doing. But everything kicking in at once probably explains at least some of why your dps was so good. The WoL for your fights also seems to be missing data and options for looking at it or at least I've gotten more used to how WCL does things, so it's difficult to analyze things.

The second lower SV hunter has significantly lower up time on their BA and at least partially as a result has 1/3 fewer ES than the higher SV hunter. That's a big hit there and they may be focusing on using AS more than they should.

The higher SV hunter seems to be prioritizing Barrage, which is not a great idea for a single target fight. AS is generally a much better use of focus in a single target fight, especially since using it triggers a full strength tick of SS and if there is a multistrike for the AS, that also triggers a full strength SS tick. That's at least some of the reason he was lower.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2015-03-05 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    So I think I improved my DPS thanks to you guys

Here is a log of today where I played more BM in BRF.

warcraftlogs)com/reports/b1xyRjgCwLZ9z2n4/#type=summary&fight=1

I forgot to switch to Stampede till Hans & Franz -_- but I think I did quite well at the other bosses. Any tips ? I build myself the Alchi 680 Stone of Fire I hope it does quite well for BM I only need the Gruul Trinket or Kromog / Blackhand I think :3

Deleted
    Please can somebody help me with my question above ? It remains without any response. Are you also possible to sim my account from SV to BM ?
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Xarf View Post
    So I think I improved my DPS thanks to you guys

Here is a log of today where I played more BM in BRF.

warcraftlogs)com/reports/b1xyRjgCwLZ9z2n4/#type=summary&fight=1

I forgot to switch to Stampede till Hans & Franz -_- but I think I did quite well at the other bosses. Any tips ? I build myself the Alchi 680 Stone of Fire I hope it does quite well for BM I only need the Gruul Trinket or Kromog / Blackhand I think :3
    Looking at your log for Hans & Franz it still seems you're missing something, I don't know what as I'm clueless about BM. On HC Hans & Franz I did about 32k dps at ilvl 672 (same as your other hunter who's SV).

With regards to the other hunter, doesn't seem like he's using ES properly as I've over 20 more casts than him (over a similar fight length).

Quote Originally Posted by ipoi View Post
    Please can somebody help me with my question above ? It remains without any response. Are you also possible to sim my account from SV to BM ?
    Thank you very much
    First, if you've paid any attention to things, the specs are all simulating remarkably close in most situations. So the Flavor of the Month, isn't going to magically make you top the dps charts just because you're BM.

Second, it doesn't matter what the top spec is, it won't do you any good if you can't play it. A sims showing you could do 3k dps more, won't make your lack of skill with BM any better. You need to study how to play it and just practice it. Nobody leaps into a spec they've never played, with unfamiliar mechanics and rocks it.

Third, it never hurts to understand another spec. So it's worth learning how to use it just so you can help others who are running into issues and there are always bosses where X spec doesn't do nearly as well as Y spec because of the mechanics and being able to switch where necessary is a valuable skill in it's own right.

Deleted
    Spec: BM
    Item Level 686
    Expectations: 1-2k dps more
    Armory Link: eu . battle . net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Redpeace/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/LmncdMZD839yYAj6#source=28&fight=6

I´m in BRF on heroic right now and kinda dissapointed in my dps. Currently with an ilvl of 686 i think i should do more dmg than i´m doing.

My Steady Focus uptime is kinda low after the hotfix but other then that i dont know what i should do differently.
    Last edited by mmoc22ac3ca6d3; 2015-03-09 at 06:40 PM.