Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good morning, Hunter forum.

Just looking for some tips to generally improve.

Spec: BM
    Item Level: 690
    Expectations: General DPS Improvement
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nadel/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zvVgYXD2CtZn8h4w#

I know I could change all my gems/enchants to mastery, but from my understanding having some haste is worthwhile. We just downed H Blackhand last night ( I was responsible for kiting the tank).

I'd like to ensure a mythic raid spot, so any thoughts on how I can improve would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
    ~*The Light does not abandon its champions.*~

Quote Originally Posted by TheronShadowstorm View Post
    Doesn't feel that way, unfortunately IP doesn't normally use Warcraft Logs. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...llane/spazfury You can see in past runs she's beaten a lot of people, sometimes by a significant margins. This past Tuesday we had a 6ilvl difference and I feel thats a big enough gear gap that I should be doing more/ Damage per hit I see everywhere is for the most part I hit harder. I mean she's running mixed NBRF/HBRF Tier pieces while I'm pure heroic pieces. I would normally think there should be a larger damage gap, RNG or not.

Is there anything you can see in my overall play style or numbers that point out any bad habits or something that needs polishing?
    Unfortunately, AMR isn't as detailed as I'd like and I probably cannot help you as much as I can. I will however continue to look at your logs and try to nitpick the difference between you two
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Spec Beast Mastery
    Item Level 691
    Expectations: Better Beast Cleave Uptime
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Phics/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ceclass=Hunter

I need to get better but I'm not sure where. My initial thought was I was sucking at beast cleave but I think I'm actually not doing single target correctly. I try to use as many Barrages as possible but it seems the other hunter (Snapshots) isn't using nearly as many. Can someone parse through the log and let me know where I'm failing?

Also we are heading into M-Maidens progression and I want to make sure I'm handling cleave correctly. I'll use Steady Focus and maintain as high of an uptime as possible on Beast Cleave while sacrificing as few Kill Commands as possible. My question though is how does Barrage play into that? Do I want to try and use it as much as possible as well at the sacrifice of a few Beast Cleave seconds? Also for progression should I regem/enchant to pure Haste? We will likely be on platform the entire time.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Daye; 2015-03-26 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwanTheory View Post
    Good morning, Hunter forum.

Just looking for some tips to generally improve.

Item Level: 690
    Expectations: General DPS Improvement
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nadel/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zvVgYXD2CtZn8h4w#

I know I could change all my gems/enchants to mastery, but from my understanding having some haste is worthwhile. We just downed H Blackhand last night ( I was responsible for kiting the tank).

I'd like to ensure a mythic raid spot, so any thoughts on how I can improve would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
    For your Beastlord kill, you are not utilizing Beast Cleave as much as you should. Your DPS spread shows that you are not on adds at all, so it might be that you aren't assigned to it or you are missing the packs completely.

Here is your DPS spread :

Here's my DPS spread :

On Thogar, the single big difference between you and the other hunters is Stampede. Adds rarely stay up long enough to do any significant DPS, whereas Stampede + Lust on pull is crazy DPS.

On Iron Maidens as well. The important phase is burn phase, where your Stampede will be up again. IMHO it's a Stampede fight through and through. Hans and Franz is the same problem. Although there are 2 bosses, there is extended amount of time where it's only one where Blink Strikes is a DPS loss.

On Kromog, you had very low Steady Focus uptime. 55% is extremely low, you should aim for at least 75%.

For Gruul, you may have been prioritizing Arcane a bit too highly.

For Blast Furnace, if your group isn't tight on Primal DPS, you can cast Multi during Primal to help aoe down some adds. You're doing good though on Primal DPS which is the point of the fight.

For Blackhand, even if you are on tank duty you should do very comparable DPS. With your ilvl you should be doing much closer to 40k. A bit tired, so my feedback is a bit short, but I'll take another look in the morning
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Samfisher, first, it's awesome that you spend so much time helping everyone here! Second, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Our site is laid out a bit differently than traditional log sites, so I've found just a few quick tips tend to help people learn it. Just a few minutes, I promise! Here are 2 quick videos (3 minutes total) that review the data view and the graphing view.

And of course, we have some more features launching soon, we've been launching new stuff almost every week. The latest is our DPS benchmarks (for each iLevel), and most popular talents and glyphs (from the top 5% of people killing each boss).
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    For your Beastlord kill, you are not utilizing Beast Cleave as much as you should. Your DPS spread shows that you are not on adds at all, so it might be that you aren't assigned to it or you are missing the packs completely.

Here is your DPS spread :

Here's my DPS spread :

On Thogar, the single big difference between you and the other hunters is Stampede. Adds rarely stay up long enough to do any significant DPS, whereas Stampede + Lust on pull is crazy DPS.

On Iron Maidens as well. The important phase is burn phase, where your Stampede will be up again. IMHO it's a Stampede fight through and through. Hans and Franz is the same problem. Although there are 2 bosses, there is extended amount of time where it's only one where Blink Strikes is a DPS loss.

On Kromog, you had very low Steady Focus uptime. 55% is extremely low, you should aim for at least 75%.

For Gruul, you may have been prioritizing Arcane a bit too highly.

For Blast Furnace, if your group isn't tight on Primal DPS, you can cast Multi during Primal to help aoe down some adds. You're doing good though on Primal DPS which is the point of the fight.

For Blackhand, even if you are on tank duty you should do very comparable DPS. With your ilvl you should be doing much closer to 40k. A bit tired, so my feedback is a bit short, but I'll take another look in the morning

Thank you very much for your feedback so far!

I will admit, one of my huge pitfalls is add switching. I just never seem to switch in enough time to do any damage. Is there anything that can better help me pull this off?

I was using Blink Strikes on the AOE style fights with the intention of getting to the adds faster, on the recommendation of my RL. I've grown to love Stampede, so I think I'll use that from now on.

I think part of my problem is my UI. I've been using Roth for the past year and a half and, while I visually love it, it can cause some targeting issues for me (that happened a few times last night). I'm thinking I'll work on swapping it out tonight.

If there's any additional feedback you'd like to give, I'd very much appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwanTheory View Post

I will admit, one of my huge pitfalls is add switching. I just never seem to switch in enough time to do any damage. Is there anything that can better help me pull this off?

Watching dbm timers for add spawns and timing cds for them is what i do

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Samfisher, first, it's awesome that you spend so much time helping everyone here! Second, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Our site is laid out a bit differently than traditional log sites, so I've found just a few quick tips tend to help people learn it. Just a few minutes, I promise! Here are 2 quick videos (3 minutes total) that review the data view and the graphing view.

And of course, we have some more features launching soon, we've been launching new stuff almost every week. The latest is our DPS benchmarks (for each iLevel), and most popular talents and glyphs (from the top 5% of people killing each boss).
    Hi! I will take a deeper look into AMR

@BlackSwanTheory

For Beastlord, if you get your first MD + Barrage off correctly, they ill be up for every single Call Pack. They are on a 20s CD and so are your skills. They line up perfectly. MD, Barrrage, Multi, Beast Cleave heaven. Throw a trap if you can too. Never heard of Roth so I can't comment. I myself just switched to ElvUI a few months ago. Pretty good so far.

Spec Beast Master
    Item Level 655
    Expectations: I am not sure what is "good" for my ilvl
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A4rbuck/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...hLRBH/#fight=5

This was my guilds first kills at all in brf. I am wanting to make sure that I am doing things pretty properly and what types of errors I am making. I had always been survival before, but my understanding is that its not as great this tier.

Item Level: 679
    Expectations: analysis on things I should work on
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eljin/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=summary

First week I've been playing around with BM in raid, would love to know what things I am doing wrong =]

Quote Originally Posted by 8mmspikes View Post
    Item Level: 679
    Expectations: analysis on things I should work on
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eljin/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=summary

First week I've been playing around with BM in raid, would love to know what things I am doing wrong =]
    On Gruul you are doing just fine for your ilvl. Ilvl bracket percentile for me is a better indicator of how near or far away someone is from achieving their potential unless they just entered into a new bracket.

On Hans and Franz, your Steady Focus uptime is pretty low, you should be aiming for at least 80% if possible. You were also using Oglethorpe's. Although Multi and Mastery are pretty darn close to equal in stat weights, Hemet's Heartseeker consistently sims higher. You were also using Scales, and although it's good it's not Meaty Dragonspine Trophy which is better. All that combined with your relatively low ilvl bow is the cause of your lower than expected DPS.

On Flamebender as well, your Steady Focus uptime is in the 60%+ range which is not great considering there isn't that much movement in the fight. Your fight also lasted almost 2.5 minutes longer than mine did, so that contributed to the low DPS as well, which increase the chance that you get unlucky with procs.

Spec BM
    Item Level 686
    Expectations: A lot more dps in raids. Members are complaining me and other hunters are lacking behind.
    Armory Link: I am not allowed to post links for some reason... please take the time and look me up! Tomox - Kil'Jeadan <Wintergrapes>
    Warcraftlogs Link:

I put a few logs in there. I really need help. Keep in mind i do not have 4 set yet or the 690 ring yet. Im not sure how badly those are affecting me but thats all i can think right now that is my problem. Any tips are appreciated, im terrible at reading logs so i wouldnt even know how to analyze them properly!

Thanks again guys

Quote Originally Posted by Tomox View Post
    Spec BM
    Item Level 686
    Expectations: A lot more dps in raids. Members are complaining me and other hunters are lacking behind.
    Armory Link: I am not allowed to post links for some reason... please take the time and look me up! Tomox - Kil'Jeadan <Wintergrapes>
    Warcraftlogs Link:

I put a few logs in there. I really need help. Keep in mind i do not have 4 set yet or the 690 ring yet. Im not sure how badly those are affecting me but thats all i can think right now that is my problem. Any tips are appreciated, im terrible at reading logs so i wouldnt even know how to analyze them properly!

Thanks again guys
    I would get that 690 ring ASAP. Then get 4 set. You will see significant dps boosts from these 2.

Also, it looks like your cleave fights are low, specifically barrage.

You guys run a pretty heavy cleave group, so it all comes down to timing your abilities with adds, positioning, and cheesing

Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    Hi! I will take a deeper look into AMR

@BlackSwanTheory

For Beastlord, if you get your first MD + Barrage off correctly, they ill be up for every single Call Pack. They are on a 20s CD and so are your skills. They line up perfectly. MD, Barrrage, Multi, Beast Cleave heaven. Throw a trap if you can too. Never heard of Roth so I can't comment. I myself just switched to ElvUI a few months ago. Pretty good so far.
    Thanks for the awesome feedback.

I realized last night that one of my issues was I have my center scrollwheel keybound to one of my abilities, meaning on occasion when I would use it, my action bar would scroll to a blank one. >< I don't know why Ii didn't realize it before. I unbound the action bar scrolling, so we'll see if that helps.

Roth UI makes everything look kind of like the Diablo 3 UI. It's pretty nice, has a lot of really cool features as well.

I have a head cold of death so I couldn't raid last night, I'll play with things tonight and see what happens.

Spec - Survival
    Item Level - 690
    Expectations: DPS extremely low for my Ilvl bracket. Advice on any fights. New to wow this expansion.
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Xerinn/advanced
    Warcraft logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/8043962/latest#boss=0

cant post links, my character name is Xerinn. I am on Bonechewer realm US

I have close to 125 boss kill in Heroic BRF and still seem to lose out to hunters on par or below my Ilvl

Sorry to sound like a noob. but im stuggling whit the dps aswell. does anyone have a spreadsheet over what talents for what boss? and what spec for which boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Heinshot View Post
    Sorry to sound like a noob. but im stuggling whit the dps aswell. does anyone have a spreadsheet over what talents for what boss? and what spec for which boss?
    I suggest looking into Azortharion's Hunter Guide on this forums.

Deleted
    good morning hunters, greets from austria

spec: BM
    gearscore: 675
    expectations: generel (dps) improvement
    armory: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackrock/Selfmurk/simple
    logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/482XpHrndBtbCPmZ#fight=6

thx in advance

Spec Survival
    Item Level 686
    Expectations: At least 40,000
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ia/Oude/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...4972554/latest

I seem to be struggling on AoE fights. While I do very well on single target fights, I just can't seem to pull good enough AoE DPS on fights like Beast, Iron Maidens, Blast Furnace. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerinn View Post
    Spec - Survival
    Item Level - 690
    Expectations: DPS extremely low for my Ilvl bracket. Advice on any fights. New to wow this expansion.
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Xerinn/advanced
    Warcraft logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/8043962/latest#boss=0

cant post links, my character name is Xerinn. I am on Bonechewer realm US

I have close to 125 boss kill in Heroic BRF and still seem to lose out to hunters on par or below my Ilvl
    Well Stampede is currently significantly better than AMoC. Especially for any fight over 5 min long when you can get two in.

BA up time is generally good, but it could be better. IIRC around 84% is max, you seem to be at around 74% on your best fights.

You don't seem to be doing anything horribly wrong that leapt out at me.

Have you tried weak auras or one of the other interface addons to help with things like buff tracking and focus management?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 686
    Expectations: At least 40,000
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ia/Oude/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...4972554/latest

I seem to be struggling on AoE fights. While I do very well on single target fights, I just can't seem to pull good enough AoE DPS on fights like Beast, Iron Maidens, Blast Furnace. Any tips?
    Well it seems to be pretty simple.

You don't seem to be making nearly as much use of your AOE abilities as you could and are casting way more arcane shots than is preferable in multi-target situations.

You only used Multi-shot 9 times on a 6:30 long BLD kill and 10 barrages while casting AS 78 times. With the spears coming out every 20 seconds or so there's pretty much always something to multi-shot or barrage, even when the pack beasts aren't out.