7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caristinnqt View Post
    Spec MM
    Item Level 716
    Expectations: Better overall dps
    Armory Link: battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Caristinnqt/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13050884/latest/
    (not allowed to post links yet, sorry)

I've read Azor's hunter guide and try to do what I've read in there and i have definitely seen an increase in the dps i do but other hunters with even at lower ilvls seem to be able to match or beat my damage, I am missing legendary ring and 4 piece but does that really make that much of a difference?
    The ring and 4 piece make a masive difference in dps, I havent even looked throguh yoir logs due to being at work but you will see a large improvment when you have those 2 things so dont stress to much

Alright, ive had 3 piece for like a month xD

I am wondering if i am doing a mistake with my current trinkets use.

According to the guide weights and plugged into mr.robot a WF Mythic coil should be slightly better than Mythic Censer with socket.
    And again according to the MM guide the Loom should be better on Mannoroth and Archimonde

With the censer raid buffed with food i am at 49.17 crit
    With the coil raid buffed with food i am at 52.44 crit using crit food but at that point i had changed my scope to oglethorpe's then reverted it back for censer use
    * staple 2-nd trinket is mythic Blademaster
    on our progress and even kills on Mannoroth i do better with the crit scope and the Coil instead of the censer option or even loom.

Should i be using the censer or should i be using the Loom instead and should i be using the loom for Archimonde or stick to coil as it seems i get best performance with that one all the time. Am i getting just lucky streaks when using that coil and that's why it seems better overall or is the static stat stick that much better on progress.

I did also got a Kihra last week but only 705 (715) it seems like it should be worse than the WFcoil and SocketCenser so after much thought i decided it's not worth using at all.

Our trinkets this tier are so not cool i can't decide how to proceed with them

I will consider and use all your advice and thoughts on the matter
    Here is link to my toon if you need more precise information (i have mythic T18 gloves but those seem better due to the socket and i only got hc T18 sholders and not even heroic gloves from Archimonde so the offset tier piece is best from my current available items)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tooth/advanced

My thought is i should stick to the coil and use the Oglethorpe's scope. Is that the correct course and never touch the loom due to the randomness of the proc. I can change the scope wherever i want so i can revert to the crit scope for other fights.
    Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2016-04-05 at 09:42 AM.

Spec: Marksmanship
    Item Level 742
    Expectations: Consistently keep up with the other hunters in my guild
    Armory Link: Can't post links, but my toon is Elogiare-Lightbringer
    Warcraftlogs Link: See above. Logs are posted for Elogiare-Lightbringer

Hi all,

I'm having trouble keeping pace with the other hunters in my guild, specifically Rays, the top hunter DPS. In most of the pulls that we have on Mannoroth and Archimonde (which are my two main concerns at the moment), I start off well barring suboptimal openers/TotH procs, but I always fall off in DPS by the end of the fight. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Thanks for the info. For a moment I thought I was going crazy.
    I could have sworn that I read that multi was ok if more than 7 targets, and can be spammed, basically a trash shot at times... just curious... I can't see it ever being used on a boss fight

whats the rule for keeping up beast cleave? Like how many targets to do i need to do maximum dps on a boss like Xhul.

Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 718
    Expectations: Above 70k consistently
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Horaffermot/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/12341360/latest/

This is my first expansion where I have been progressing into any kind if semi-committed raiding. I thought I was coming along well but the other day I got called out for pulling terrible dps with no real explanation as to what I was doing wrong. Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombales View Post
    Spec: Marksmanship
    Item level: 740
    Expectations: not to be dicked on by lower geared hunters
    Armory link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Silvermoon/Zomba/advanced
    Logs: www warcraftlogs.com/reports/fH3aBn7KdpzGvhVw

So I have this issue of always falling behind on dps with the other hunters in the guild. Normally I can see what I did wrong and I may not be consistent at correcting it in every pull but generally I tend to improve one I notice my own mistakes boss by boss

Last night however I was beaten in dps by a hunter I had around 7 I levels on. Now looking at the logs all I can see is he did 2 more CS and KS than me and a few aimed ( he also had more thrill price though)

Other than that can anyone see any fundamentally I am doing wrong are can be improved on?

I should also point out that I play from Macau so on a good day I have around 315ms ranging up to around 350ms
    what IREFUSTTODIE said.....pretty much thats the reason you were "dicked" on, at that ilevel not lining up pots will be a massive loss. there was less than 1m total dps difference between you all....if you lined it up .....i reckon youd have topped him.

that being said even with the pot mis-aligned you guys were pretty much on par....look at the fight over several kills to get a median reference to see if you are falling behind every time or if its just natural RNG with TotH at the start.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by irishbetadown1995 View Post
    Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 718
    Expectations: Above 70k consistently
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Horaffermot/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/12341360/latest/

This is my first expansion where I have been progressing into any kind if semi-committed raiding. I thought I was coming along well but the other day I got called out for pulling terrible dps with no real explanation as to what I was doing wrong. Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction

Welcome to the hunter class.

Fisrtly, your gear is not MM Aligned there are quite a few bits that you have that you can swap for Crit/Multi ( crafted 6/6 items are better than some of the bits you have) also you have +50 Gems instead of +75 once cash flow allows get them upgraded. but hang off until you get worthy gear to do so.

Secondly, you dont have the Leg ring this is putting you at a massive DPS loss as you cannot benefit from aligning abilities to your favor..get that ASAP (although im sure your trying)

====THE LOGS====

HFA

1, Your Sniper training is at 65% that's horrendous, try to stay still more (dont move for nothing)
    2, you didnt use 2 pots, but more importantly you never tried to align any if the pot uses up with Heroism/Rapid Fire
    3, you didnt use Chimera shot enough on cooldown, remember try and use it without delay and hellfire assault lends itself to cleaving very easily due the multi add nature of that fight.
    4, again similar to chimera barrage is very powerful on this encounter for the same reason as above.

IRON REAVER

1, you actually lined up your pots relatively ok here apart from the 2nd one.. with you not having the ring its even more important to line it up with maybe even RF or some other proc to try and get a dual benefit.
    2, you got x2 short procs of TotH at the start not great for a class who do great damage to targets ^80%, this type of fight is exactly why you need that gear to be MM aligned with Crit/Multi. try and hit that Soft Crit cap.

KORM

Similar to the other fights slight mis-alignment of your cooldowns/consumables, mirror on the hands etc etc

TLR

your gear needs better alignment to Crit/Multi to best enable you to take advantage of Careful Aim ^80%, along with proper alignment of your cooldowns/consumables.

Get the Legendary ring.

Use Chim on CD

what differentiates a GREAT hunter with an average hunter is their ability to snipe around mobs/adds to aimed those ^80% and killshot those below 35%.

Deleted
    Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 730
    Expectations: 80k
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hiroman/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...245046/latest/

I just want some hunter tips to improve my dps, thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by msakingftw View Post
    Spec Marksmanship
    Item Level 730
    Expectations: 80k
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hiroman/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...245046/latest/

I just want some hunter tips to improve my dps, thanks
    Hi Mate,

i was going to look at every fight and pick out all the issues per fight until i looked at all your historical fights in HFC....its pointless going through every fight as its clear that your doing something majorly wrong with your rotation to get those numbers with your gear.

firstly you need to understand the rotation and priority of targets depending on what %HP they have. you have to hammer Aimed shot above 80% and kill shot snipe below 35% understanding how to maximize targets by switching around is key to massive dps as a hunter.

take hellfire assault for example, thats a stunning fight for hunters.....loads of targets on high HP loads of targets on low HP a dream scenario to snipe around during the encounter, you dont seem to be doing that...however you never used the blademaster trinket at all and you used barrage twice....why?

you need to focus more on basic target priority and rotation.

Chimaera Shot should be used off cooldown at all times.

Kill Shot should be used off cooldown on targets below 35% health.

Aimed Shot should be used as many times as possible on targets with 80% + HP without messing up your Chimaera/Kill shot.

try to align potions/personal cooldowns/timewarps/rapid fire/ring uses to stack benefits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiltedjock View Post
    Hi Mate,

i was going to look at every fight and pick out all the issues per fight until i looked at all your historical fights in HFC....its pointless going through every fight as its clear that your doing something majorly wrong with your rotation to get those numbers with your gear.

firstly you need to understand the rotation and priority of targets depending on what %HP they have. you have to hammer Aimed shot above 80% and kill shot snipe below 35% understanding how to maximize targets by switching around is key to massive dps as a hunter.

take hellfire assault for example, thats a stunning fight for hunters.....loads of targets on high HP loads of targets on low HP a dream scenario to snipe around during the encounter, you dont seem to be doing that...however you never used the blademaster trinket at all and you used barrage twice....why?

Aimed Shot should be used as many times as possible on targets with 80% + HP without messing up your Chimaera/Kill shot.

try to align potions/personal cooldowns/timewarps/rapid fire/ring uses to stack benefits
    Thanks for the your feedback, I will try apply this information to my raids.

Quote Originally Posted by kiltedjock View Post
    Hi Mate,

I have a question to add to your reply! When the mob is over 80% health do we still want to keep Chimera shot on CD while hammering out those Aimed shots? I main a 745 lock but with my guild on leave til legion I've been working on my hunter to maybe raid til legion hits. That question I just asked has been on my mind for a while now. Still working on my 4pc of tier for the Instant Aimed shots that should make a ton of difference I think.

Anyway, thanks in advance for a reply!

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I have a question to add to your reply! When the mob is over 80% health do we still want to keep Chimera shot on CD while hammering out those Aimed shots? I main a 745 lock but with my guild on leave til legion I've been working on my hunter to maybe raid til legion hits. That question I just asked has been on my mind for a while now. Still working on my 4pc of tier for the Instant Aimed shots that should make a ton of difference I think.

You always want to keep CS on cooldown as it is our hardest hitting abilty.

Also good luck with the hunter then can be a ton of fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post

yes until the mob falls below 80% its CS, AS, SS in that order, even if you get no TotH procs
    Last edited by mmocf86d40ec97; 2016-05-04 at 05:24 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Atomicspoon
    Spec MM
    Item Level 739
    Expectations: More damage.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...icspoon/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...126847/latest/

Damage is not satisfactory to me in the slightest. I should be doing much better. Manny ranks are bad due to being dead both of my kills, and I have to work on sniper training but the rest I have no excuse for.
    Last edited by AtomicSpoon; 2016-05-05 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Accidentally a word.

Haroith
    Spec Marksman
    Item Level 732 (731 at time of logs)
    Expectations Overall better performace/damage, buff uptime, specifically on Fel Lord (although help on other fights in the logs would also be appreciated).
    Armory Link Haroith
    Warcraftlogs Links Fel Lord 1, Fel Lord 1 Comparison, Fel Lord 2, Fel Lord 2 Comparison

One thing to note, during Fel Lord 1 night, we didn't have a mage so I was soaking cavitations and not going down with the 2nd soak group. In Fel Lord 2 night, we had our mage so I was going down in the 2nd soak group, which accounts for some lost dps. I still feel like I should be doing much better on the fight, though, as it's so not-movement intensive for the most part. I also noticed in the comparisons to the top parses I compared to, they were using Power Shot. I tried that during progression on the fight, but felt like I was doing less damage overall. Maybe it was just something in my head though.

Thank you!

Koblat
    Spec: MM
    Expectations: Perform on par. I am severely under performing and I know it.
    Armory battle.net/wow/en/ character/tichondrius/Koblat/simple
    Warcraft Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/ytZ26RXxw1PDr9qY

Is it as simple as I am not using my opener correctly or at the right place? Should I always wait for ring on pull before using the opener? Am I not pooling enough focus? I am getting whipped by a hunter 10 ilevels below me. I think I have some serious blindness to my own performance in the logs and I usually dont.

Thanks!

Spec MM
    Item Level 734
    Expectations: consistent 75+ percentile on bracket
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ingerie/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...1631983/latest

i really need help on my DPS, my DPS is 25k average, or maybe 30k if i get lucky. i really have no idea, i followed the rotation like on icy-veins say so.but i dont know whats happening. maybe i did a mistake without even noticing? im a MM Hunter with a 696 iLvl. please help me, im new to these threads, never use this method before. how do i get help?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    For anyone to be able to help you, we need your character's armoury and definatley some logs of some kind