Thread: Upgrading time!

10+ Year Old Account

Upgrading time!

So, a few months ago i posted here about a new GFX card, and got all the help i needed to bump my fps from~15, lowest settings, to ~50, medium/good settings, very pleased with this result, i've decided to come back and ask about what i should upgrade next!

Code:
     System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/16/2011, 17:32:22
           Machine name: LIAM-PC
       Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)
               Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
           System Model: GF8100 M2+ SE
                   BIOS: Default System BIOS
              Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
                 Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
              Page File: 2526MB used, 1567MB available
            Windows Dir: C:\Windows
        DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
       User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
     System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
        DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
         DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
    that's basically what i understand is my computer spec atm (ask if you want to know more)

Basically i was thinking about either upgrading RAM, even 4gb has to be better thna what i'm rocking.
    Or buying an SSD.

In general i want my PC, specifically WoW (loading screens D to run faster, i've heard both would be good for me, but i'm not sure which to go.

---------- Post added 2011-10-16 at 05:37 PM ----------

Budget of around £50-100, looking for things that are easy to install, no restrictions (i heard i'd need 64-bit windows for 8gb RAM or more?)Also, i'm not sure how to tell what's going to be compatible.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Deleted
    32-bit = 3.25gb of RAM max.
    64-bit allows you to go over that

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    With a 32 bit operating system Windows will only recognize 3.25GB's of memory. For us to tell you what model and size of memory to pick up we need to know what you currently have. You will need to pull the side panel and pull one of the sticks of memory out then give us the manufacturer and model #. As for running a SSD yes it would increase your screen loading times but you will also need to reinstall your operating system. This could be a good thing as then you can install the 64 bit version of Windows 7.

Corsair CMFSSD-64D1 Extreme Series X64 64GB Solid State Drive £73 on Amazon.co.uk

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, thanks for the quick replies, but i'm thinking i might give this a miss for a bit.
    Not particularly in the mood for getting another version of windows alongside a hardware upgrade. but thanks!

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 11:59 AM ----------

In fact, is it possible to upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit without buying a whole new copy?
    Cheapest i've found for a new copy is around £50, which doesn't leave me much to upgrade anything else on my budget.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.