Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I'm so indecisive.. I want to scream!

It's all about Mage and Warlock..

I really think Frost and Fire is fun as Mage but they don't deal as good damage in dungeons as Arcane but Arcane is so dull for me. And then we have the Warlock, they are alot of fun but.. Doesn't Mage have more abilities that is like bom'bom'crazy'fuzzxplotions? Then Warlock's Destruction have? Help me out, share some of your opinions and I'll think a bit more about it and probably find my own, even tho I am level 70 with both and can't level any of them because I logout after 5 minutes just to go to the other character and back and forward like a crazy person! Blizz made them too alike!

Easy : Log in, close your eyes and tell a friend to choose any one of the two characters and delete it. Problem solved.

That was a nice one. So which class do you prefer and play and spec? I am just curious if I am following your advice, I want to know more about you , haha !

I'm more indecisive than you are.

well people craved for choices and there you have it 8>

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    flip a coin

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    I see what you did there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple, roll a dice, 1-3 mage 4-6 warlock.

No gamer can ignore the all mighty dice roll.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    I c wut u did thar!

>.>
    <.<

...and I loled.

Deleted
    Destro isnt viable atm neither is frost nor fire so Dont roll either :3

Too alike? they're nothing alike besides the fact that they're both casters. Destruction sucks by the way.

Flip a coin, if it lands on the class your leaning too, then roll with that, if it lands on teh other class and you have that small voice at the back of your head saying erm im not sure, then go with the other class! simples!
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Just play both

They're both fun, but they're really not as similar as you think. The warlock is harder to play, and that's without even considering Destruction, a spec that's pretty much unplayable right now, unless you want to experience an aneurysm. Warlocks also have a pet that you can (and have to) control, which PVE mages usually don't.

Another huge difference is the damage over time vs. instant damge. Do you prefer dots, or boom in your face arcane blast?

What also usually helps me to determine whether I like a class or not .. (but maybe that's just me because I like pretty things ^.^ ) ... I like to to look at their tier sets. The new ones as well as the old ones. I feel like those kind of give a feel, or vibe, of what the class is about. It might help you to compare mages' and warlocks' tier sets and see which appeal more to you, which you can "identify" more with.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is...?

If your saying Warlocks and Mages are the same, then im not even going to respond. Its like saying spreists are like BM hunters >.<

Thanks for all the replies, I just forgot to say one thing.

I already have a Elemental Shaman, so I guess Warlock is less like that compare to a Mage yeah?

Deleted
    Personally I prefer Mage, but I'm prolly biased since Mage is my Main.
    And to those people that say frost isn't viable: I'm sure Kuni would like to have a word or 2 with you, possibly involving a teaspoon and some improvisational eye surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    Personally I prefer Mage, but I'm prolly biased since Mage is my Main.
    And to those people that say frost isn't viable: I'm sure Kuni would like to have a word or 2 with you, possibly involving a teaspoon and some improvisational eye surgery.
    I deleted my Mage, he he. Warlock it is!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd honestly play both... I myself am leveling a second warlock and a mage currently. I find both classes very fun to play so it would be hard for me to pick one over the other.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I'd honestly play both... I myself am leveling a second warlock and a mage currently. I find both classes very fun to play so it would be hard for me to pick one over the other.
    why would you level more than one of the same class?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mejlo View Post
    It's all about Mage and Warlock..

I really think Frost and Fire is fun as Mage but they don't deal as good damage in dungeons as Arcane but Arcane is so dull for me.
    Pick the Warlock. As Mage you will be forced to play Arcane, which is imo boring as hell. I can tell from experience that Warlocks are a lot more fun. I've enjoyed playing every spec over the nearly 7 years my Warlock has existed.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mejlo View Post
    I deleted my Mage, he he. Warlock it is!
    Good job! I don't see a reason to delete the other character though, just decide to stick to one.
    Last edited by mmoceb2038953a; 2011-10-16 at 07:46 PM.

I was actually in the exact same decision. I just went with warlock because Afflic is more fun than Arcane and our guild has 17 mages and 2 warlocks at max level. Also neither warlock raids, so yeah... easy decision for me