(Fancy?) New Monitor

I've been using my old tv for a monitor for a while now, and I've been looking to get an actual computer monitor. While browsing I realized I could get a 3d monitor or a touchscreen instead of a normal one. Now I know there's no real reason for either but I still think it would be pretty cool to have one. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any 3d, touchscreen, or maybe even both, monitors for under $400. I'd also like to keep it between 20-24 inches. Thanks for the help with this random new quest of mine!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt get 3d for about a year, there are still bugs in the system they have to work out. As for touch screen, i dont know if it would be good for gaming if that is what you are going to use it for, but i would like to see how it plays out
    -side note, if you end up getting a touch screen, i would be most gracious if you were to tell me how it functions in a gaming environment

but a 22-23" monitor is basic now a days, going for 100-200 if you get it from a good company, i personally have an Acer 22" monitor that i got 3 years ago, for about 220, it was a little pricy back then but im okay with it and it has functioned without delay to this very day.
    LCD in my opinion is the way to go im not sure how well or if there is a plasma screen edition for monitors, i haven't researched anything on the topic since i got my current monitor
    Also if you are going to get one i reccomend Newegg as your source, i find their service to be quite prompt, atleast with my stuff anyways

You could get something like this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236092
    Comes with the 3d vision kit so you don't have to buy it separately.
    Also, when you're not using 3d... the 120hz display is much better than a standard 60hz one... assuming your computer can render over 60fps.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ya I'm not really looking at the 3d or touch screen FOR gaming, but I'm also interested to see how they work with it and weather the improve the game play or just make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethias View Post
    Ya I'm not really looking at the 3d or touch screen FOR gaming, but I'm also interested to see how they work with it and weather the improve the game play or just make it worse.
    3d is pretty pointless for anything except gaming. Heard 3dvision is really cool in some games.
    Touchscreen is pretty pointless period.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.