Poll: Did you play GW1?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Played it alot before I went to uni and even longer before i began playing wow. Re-installed it a few weeks ago and began levelling an assassin, but with my progress in HoM, which I'm content with and don't particularly have any interest in pursuing further at this time, I haven't gone beyond level 14.

Deleted
    I have around ~2000 hours of played in GW1 if I remember correctly.

Good times, good times.

Deleted
    Play a lot of guild wars 1. Like most people had a max level of every profession at some point although my main was my warrior (oh the days of being a noob and activating healing signet while frenzy was up :P) I usually just completed the stories then spend my time solo farming areas or chest runs while waiting on GvG matches in the evening where I usually played support roles like B surge ele and necro/rit spirit spammer.

At the moment I'm not sure what profession I will play, guardian could be fun, seems like a warrior/ritualist hybrid or maybe just an ele assuming air still has my all time fav skill blinding surge as I intend to play a lot of PvP in this game as arenanet did an awesome job in GW1 to keep things as balanced as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    blinding surge can go screw off

BTW, no blinding surge, just blinding flash on a 10s CD (currently), scepter skill
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it for 1~2 hours. It was sooo terrible, geez.

I'm pretty sure GW2 will be better.
    Actually, I can't imagine a game being worst than GW1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post

This almost qualifies as bashing. Seriously there are loads of people and institutions that will say you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post

Funny how opinions vary. GW was one of the best games I've ever played. It certainly is the best valued game I've ever spent time on.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Funny how opinions vary. GW was one of the best games I've ever played. It certainly is the best valued game I've ever spent time on.
    I absolutely agree with doozerjun. Hraklea is obviously a major WoW fan.... not that you can't be a fan of both, but with someone that is bashing GW 1 that bad just shouldn't play GW 2. GO AWAY!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played off and on since release. However, I'm just not truly understanding this game. I don't PvP, and I've only got 'end-game' armor sets on two chars (out of 8) and I never really understood the flow of the game, how to manage abilities/specs the best, etc. But now that I'm grinding points for GW2, I'm starting to learn all of this stuff at once. It's like a whole new game to me.

Deleted
    The first time I played GW1 I was looking for an MMO. I got bored and left it on my shelf gathering some dust.

Then I returned, a few months later, looking for a good RPG, and my mind was blown. It really is great. Just don't throw yourself on it thinking you're going to play something massively multiplayer. Imo it's a MORPG. Not MMORPG.

Good thing about GW2, I think it will be a good RPG and Massive.

I played factions, it was kinda fun, but when I picked it back up the server or whatever was dead...

According to the /age in GW I've played 8,625 hours 30 minutes over the past 76 months. Man so many hours wasted on one game <.<
    Last edited by Zarlk; 2011-10-21 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikazig View Post
    According to the /age in GW I've played 8,625 hours 30 minutes over the past 76 months. Man so many hours wasted on one game <.<
    I feel the same way about my WoW account I'm so glad I'm finally done with that game I have months and months of /played time on more than one character >_>

I played guild wars until EotN release simultaneously with WoW. I quit until yesterday I started a warrior and my uncle a monk. We are going to play through all expacs starting with Proph hit level 9 yesterday. unfortunately I dont think he will stick with it so if anyone is interested in rolling new characters with a random person any campaign don't be afraid to pm me. I tried to play alone but the world is so dead i just couldn't do it.