Question about Heirloom XP boost

OK, I know the Wrath Heirlooms (Shoulders and Chest) stop scaling with you after level 80, but do you still get the xp boost while wearing them? Or does that not function after you ding 81?

15+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, it does not function after level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    OK, I know the Wrath Heirlooms (Shoulders and Chest) stop scaling with you after level 80, but do you still get the xp boost while wearing them? Or does that not function after you ding 81?
    They stop when you ding 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    They stop when you ding 80.
    Actually that is not true. They work till you hit level 81.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks75 View Post
    Actually that is not true. They work till you hit level 81.
    It is true. They fixed it ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastkaii View Post
    its actually 81 because although they stop scaling at at 80 it still means u get the bonus's untill its over that cap

10+ Year Old Account
    The cape and Helm still however give you the xp boost. I used them to level all my alts from 80-85.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    For clarification, I can confirm that the XP gain STOPS WORKING when you hit 80. Two weeks ago I was leveling an alt with a friend and we pondered the same question. The first few quests he went without his chest/shoulders while I had mine still equipped. There was no difference in XP while killing mobs or turning in quests between either of us (we tested both to be sure).

BoA shoulders/chest/ring = 1-80, but not including 80.
    BoA helm/cloak = 1-85, and may not work @ 85+ when the new expansion comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify, the Wotlk Boa's did work up to 81 at one point, but this isn't the case anymore. It was hotfixed several months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLordofPie View Post
    its actually 81 because although they stop scaling at at 80 it still means u get the bonus's untill its over that cap
    As the mod above mentioned. When you hit level 80 and get your achievement the heirlooms stop working, aside from Cloak/Helm. It use to be on the PTR that they would work till 81, but they corrected it after they saw it encouraged people to keep the items versus upgrading. You can even test this in game by hitting level 80 opening a quest with your chest/shoulders on and looking a the Quest XP Reward. Now close the Log and take off the pieces. Now open it back up and the number will be the same. You can test it with helm/cloak too and see the numbers go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastkaii View Post
    during the start of cata, it would work until you ding'd 81, this was hotfixed,
    now as soon as you hit 80, the bonus exp stops.

test this by getting a lower level char, look at a quests exp(quest log) - it changes- then hop on an 80 char, look at quest exp with heirlooms on and off(head and cape excluded ofc works to 85) no exp change though.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.