Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

BiS Weapon Demonology

Hey guys I haven't seen this thread anywhere so I wondering if someone could clarify, Would Sho'ravon (Normal) be better than Funeral Pyre (Heroic)? Assuming you don't have access to heroic Ragnaros yet.

Sho'ravon Normal - http://www.wowhead.com/item=71798

Funeral Pyre Heroic - http://www.wowhead.com/item=71409

I was only wondering because Sho'ravon has more mastery but about 200 less SP and 40 less INT than Funeral Pyre, So I'm not sure which would be the higher benefit.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Personally I would go with the Funeral Pyre, but i'm really too busy looking between your avatar and sig to make a good decision.
    Cyner#1996

Funeral Pyre (HC) without doubt! You will get more from the SP/int than the Mastry. and u can reforge the crit to haste aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks heaps. And yeah I love my avatar and sig haha.

Artwork created by Yochi
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Talking about BiS (under ilvl397), Molten Scream with either Volcanospike or Chelley's Sterilized Scalpel gives actually little more stats than staffs.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=71462
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=71422
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=71560

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    Talking about BiS (under ilvl397), Molten Scream with either Volcanospike or Chelley's Sterilized Scalpel gives actually little more stats than staffs.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=71462
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=71422
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=71560
    Well volcanospike is something I could obtain however H Chelley's scalpel I highly doubt, But Volcanospike + Molten Scream both have the wrong priority of stats towards demo, while having maybe just that slight little nudge of extra SP it lacks mastery which Demo warlocks crave.

Artwork created by Yochi

10+ Year Old Account
    While you are right about mastery, haste is still not useless. Volcanospike and molten scream have a lot more than what Funeral Pyre doesn't...Hit. Funeral Pyre has a lot of crit, a stat of a much lesser value than haste and mastery. So even while you might be missing mastery, you can reforge for it. You are essentially trading mastery for hit and crit for haste. Hit+ haste have more value than mastery+crit. Another plus is you'll also have more room to do less reforging. I sim higher with the MH+OH combo. Since you haven't downed H Rag and I'm assuming you don't have the legendary. Volcano+Molten Scream is BiS for every spec until you acquire either H Rag's staff or the legendary.

If you can obtain Volcano and Molten Scream without taking a nice upgrade from a guildie or it's getting DE'd or something like that, go for it. Otherwise Funeral Pyre is still a good choice.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the item level above anything still apply? iirc the spellpower increase will almost always outweigh having your best or worst stat on the weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's the case then I guess I'll dive in for Volcano + Molten scream

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 09:18 PM ----------

Realistically this is what I would want am I right? Minus any H loot from rag - http://www.wowhead.com/profile=33459560

Artwork created by Yochi

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember to enchant molten scream tho.. ;d

I would say H funeral Pyre.

Just wondering why your BiS list includes gear from heroic rag, but you don't use a conventional BiS list? Traditionally aren't the gloves from H Rag the accepted off piece? and I think Volcano card is still BiS over H necrotic focus.
    Sig thanks to Eis!

FC: 4570-9037-7577 IGN Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklebear View Post
    and I think Volcano card is still BiS over H necrotic focus.
    The top five trinks for BiS demo according to AMR is currently:

1. Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (Heroic)
    2. Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (Normal)
    3. Necromantic Focus (Heroic)
    4. Darkmoon Card: Volcano
    5. Necromantic Focus (Normal)

AMR's list is a discussion point with regards how it deals with trinkets though due to how it deals with 'on-use' trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosebump View Post

AMR's list is a discussion point with regards how it deals with trinkets though due to how it deals with 'on-use' trinkets.
    why do you post wrong infos? just shut up if you dont know what you're saying, the bis for demo are actually DMC:volcano and Monwell Chalice without any doubts. if you count the vlpc hero that is pretty hard for a normal raider to get, the bis are monwell chalice and vlpc hc

Meh, MWC won't be so hot once 4.3 drops and the DG isn't so ridiculous from Mastery.

If you have the option best to go from the top 5 he mentioned, at least get the best 2 you can, and use MWC in the meantime, until 4.3 and the DG "fix".
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

UHM That trinket list look so wrong, I would say

1 : Moonwell Chalice
    2 : VPLC HC
    3 : VPLC Normal
    4 : Darkmoon Volcano
    5 : Necromantic Focus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosebump View Post

Moonwell Chalice + Volcano are simcrafted BiS for a patchwerk fight. What on earth is AMR and why is it so horribly horribly wrong?

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on, My warlock is currently using DMC: Volcano and The Baradin warden's trinket (The one with 321 hit or something), and I'm literally 100 days from Moonwell Chalice, would I be better off using DMC: volc + VPLC (norm) or what's the deal, and FYI this thread has derailed completely off the subject, I was talking about WEAPONS that would be considered BiS if H rag wasn't accessible, while I do appreciate the help with BiS trinket's as well everyone has their own opinion and it's just confusing me. Also I think logbc would be right with saying simulation's are generally on patchwerk style fights and you could even take into account items such as Theralions Mirror (H) if the fight was short enough, but like I said if you're going to post something you think is BiS at least post a little bit of evidence and explanation as to why it's BiS.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklebear View Post
    Just wondering why your BiS list includes gear from heroic rag, but you don't use a conventional BiS list? Traditionally aren't the gloves from H Rag the accepted off piece? and I think Volcano card is still BiS over H necrotic focus.
    Sure whatever I'll change the pieces on that list that are from heroic rag if it makes you happy, although the whole point was to display basically what I would be going for since H rag isn't accessible.

Artwork created by Yochi

Deleted
    That really depends on you avaddon...if you're lacking a lot of hit rating then keep the stump of time, if you have plenty switch it over vplc