Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell assigns an affliction warlock on two adds? Actually, who assigns only one player on several adds? It's not like your tanks and healers have something else to do on the transition phases.

Anyway, as an affliction, while Rag casts the hammer, swap dots off him and onto the son, when it spawns. And then just nuke him with sb.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    > reasonable option is to Soulburn: Summon Succubus for the transition phase

Depending on the stun comp i sometime :
    - hard casted succubus before first transition when there's nothing to hit, then succy-aoe-stun
    - then i soulburn felguard for a second axe-toss-stun on another add
    - finally pop meta in case we need a last stun on the way or on a third add

Conclusion : who cares for dps when you have to provide required utility to your raid, just do what you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Who the hell assigns an affliction warlock on two adds? Actually, who assigns only one player on several adds?
    Everyone? Tanks will stun close to hammer, and depending on healer gear they will be healing the damage going out from the lava.

8 adds 6 dps assuming they are 2 healing. Putting the aff lock on the 2 closest to the hammer on a mid is pretty fail, not saying it's not possible but mage/hunter/dk/war/rogue would have less room for bad rng/dottime.

Just speak up and say you need to be on farthest, if your RL doesn't understand your spec make him understand. You can also go demo, the felguard can handle an add by itself. The coice is yours.

Ok, small update as we were on Ragna yesterday.

Sadly I was assigned to the two closest adds left from the hammer. This caused trouble. At first. Beside what RL said I spoke to the DD next to me to change spots but as this caused far more trouble I decided to switch back on the assigned targets. Well, I was quite not happy about all the confusion...

But then I used a short break time to set up Power Auras to reflect my Soulswap status. Used two effets - one for readiness and one for CD how many time is left before the copied DoTs vanished without applying (not really needed, but gave me a better feeling). After the adds spawned I put all DoTs on the closest one and sent pet to it. Then I swapped back to add no. 2 and full dotted him + shadowflame and instant Soul Fire.
    Another add broke through but the melee on the left stunned him so I could DoT this add, too.

Finally I was able to manage three adds that way. Not very easy for me, to be honest, but doable. Next time I might consider succubus, too

Thanks again for all your hints, guys, helped me a lot

Ama

P.S.: My Chrome browser tends to crash here *sigh*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post
    That succubus thing is actually a good idea, especially on the second transition on 10m heroic where depending om group setup stuns and knockbacks can be scarce. We wait a bit so we can take 3rd seed, have him cast engulfing flames and then push him to about 35% before he submerges. Seeing as we need to stop dps at about 45% anyway and the pet doesn't help on aoe dps pulling up a succubus about 30 sec before the last seed should make sure soulburn: felhunter summon is back for the P3 burn and killing of scions.
    To quote myself here I got to try this last night cause our boomkin was awol. I have to say it works pretty good, sure you lose a little bit of dps. But I managed to save the group a few times when there were many adds at a silly spot.

This is a bigger issue of your RL doesn't understand class mechanics very well, or everyone's tools aren't being utilized fully. Coming from Illidan where 7/7 normal pugs take at most 2 hours because of the high demand of achievements, it's almost bewildering how illogical it is to put an Aff on two adds, especially when they are close to the hammer. That just seems to beg for frustration and failure. Getting a demo spec for specific fights won't be your worst choice, it gets really easy to burn adds when all you have to do is Axe toss/Felstorm and let your dots and pet nuke one son down while you can go assist others. Also your cd's will time nicely between the start of the fight with the transition. If your adamant about being anti-demo then the inferno can always work in a pinch I suppose (though I've never tried this).
    Tbh the simplest way to handle sons (both first and second transition) is to have two assignements that are mirrored based on hammer location. If it's on a side, have the dot classes without stun mechanics take the long side. What's your group comp?
    Last edited by Kwontanamo; 2011-10-24 at 12:31 PM.