Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I don't think it will hurt that much.

I love to customize my characters but I bet they'll had enough customization at start to create an almost unique character. Besides, with so many story and gameplay time, I really don't care lol. Just let me create a character almost similar to me and I'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Not at all, the unique class stories+ the ~200 hour of gameplay to develop your char will be more then enough for ppl. Also with the available modifications to weapons and armor you will have more options to look different then in WoW.
    This is true,but i dont want my character looking to plain or ugly at launch and then when ive put alot of time in him,they release new crap that makes me want to reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post
    This is true,but i dont want my character looking to plain or ugly at launch and then when ive put alot of time in him,they release new crap that makes me want to reroll.
    Hopefully any future changes to character modification will be made available for existing characters also. It would be the smart thing to do.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

I've seen it, it's better than what WoW has from what i remember.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oturanboa View Post
    Heh...you really have no idea how it works

Frame rate has nothing to do with their servers. It's about your graphic card making you see things your game client wants you to. Those things are already "loaded" in your "ram" from your "harddisk" which contains that 40gbs of swtor client. All those processes has -nothing- to do with what i'm talking about. Also making lowest highest settings on your graphics wont change anything it's all about YOUR graphic card, effects no one but your gameplay.

And transfering datas from web isnt carrying colorful boxes dude more customization just means more data simple as that.

Playing games through summer "vactions" only may make you some kind of "knowledgable" about contents of those games not what we re talking about... your post is like those cat pictures... I'm wearing a hat - your argument is invalid! Lol...

Now people may say that they notice data transfer while playing wow was minimal but i remind you blizzard refused to lower gcd just becouse of this problem i explained. So yes it is a big deal.

EDIT: "Futhermore I haven't noticed any longer loading times of my games despite armor that I am wearing." I just accually read this... OMG! I hope you were trolling
    That was just an example, since you are saying that larger amount of customization options will cause problems with data transfers.

Since I was playing lotro and it had around 20 choices of hairstyles and other things and I didn't noticed any problems there so.

Ok, I don't have time to this now, have to go out.

We will argue about it later.

And most of us say that having an 50 different freckle patterns isn't a top concern at all. I don't need 500 different facial expressions, 200 body types, 200 eye patches for a mirkula(or w/e they are), or 150 lekku combination. It isn't important, at all. At most I want to have enough customization to make my guy not look like an idiot because to me the level of hyper customization you enjoy is a waste and not at all important to me in a game. I want powerful stories and game play not to spend 2 hours play dress up/barbie before I play the game.
    and who told you that you are forced to spend 200 hours?I really don't understand why people are against for an option they are not forced to use..the only thing come to my mind is that because you cannot bother to make a unique character and you are ok to play a generic character, you don't want other people have the option to create a really awesome and unique character...you don't like 200 options?hit random and play the game, simple...

some other say : "I prefer to spent their time to make awesome looking armors and weapons instead of spend their time to make character customization more detailed". why the one option kill the other can you explain please?Aion has the most detailed character customization and the most beautiful and detailed armor and weapon skins.so your statement are faulse..also aion have great gameplay (combat) and great dungeons..the reason this game failed is the grind fest and the "forced" pvp...

they are billion dollar companies and they make an MMO they advertise so much, you cannot say "better suck on this so they can make good this.."
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Hopefully any future changes to character modification will be made available for existing characters also. It would be the smart thing to do.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic - Patch 1.4 Release Notes

Plastic Surgeon Droids are Now available!
    - Visit the local re-customization center a.k.a. "Chop Shop" in your capital city to totally change your characters features and hairstyle!
    - 50 more freckle combinations, 20 more noses, those dumbo ears you always wanted and more!
    - Want to stand out? Be the only Sith in your guild with a Jerry Curl!
    - How about Lekku's? We got 120 different styles to choose from!
    - Get you re-customization TODAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Since I was playing lotro and it had around 20 choices of hairstyles and other things and I didn't noticed any problems there so.
    Really? I mean...really!?

/facepalm

I want to play a fat Jedi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Star Wars: The Old Republic - Patch 1.4 Release Notes

Plastic Surgeon Droids are Now available!
    - Visit the local re-customization center a.k.a. "Chop Shop" in your capital city to totally change your characters features and hairstyle!
    - 50 more freckle combinations, 20 more noses, those dumbo ears you always wanted and more!
    - Want to stand out? Be the only Sith in your guild with a Jerry Curl!
    - How about Lekku's? We got 120 different styles to choose from!
    - Get you re-customization TODAY!
    I wish i could like that!! But really the cities look big enough that you can add a hair and horn modification salon and a tattoo shop.