Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Thank you very much for your reply Worshaka, these were things that I wouldn't have thought by myself and I will definately work on these asap.

I have 1 question about the reforges/gems/enchants. As you said I put epic gems on DS items that I feel that I'll use for long enough, because I can't afford to fill my gear and keep replacing them, that's why my rings have epic gems (my legs are the LFR version unfortunately). It took me some time to realise what you told me there, but I get it now and you are very correct. My concern is that, for now, if I replace them, I might be having problems reaching the haste plateau. I'll look into it when I'll be able to log into the game, but this raised another question which has bothered me in the past too. The lavawalker vs 50 haste enchant when I'm close to the next haste plateau. Personaly I'm a big fan of the speed increase enchant (ofc not for Ultraxion but I can't change for each fight) but I'd like some opinion on that. When I find myself in such a situation, and the reforges are not enough to give me the next plateau, do I change my yellow socket gems into orange or I give up on the lavawalker?

Hello all. I am looking for some help. The shadowpriest in our guild has been performing poorly as of late. As the lock that gives him DI, I want to push his deeps as much as we can. I am hoping you folk could give me some insight and let me know how he can improve, so I can pass the message along.

Item Level: 394
    Expectations: Increase DPS
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gundo/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link (Ultraxion): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=3784&e=4005
    Worldoflogs Link (Madness of DW): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=6210&e=6935

Please take a look at his Haste-Mastery-Crit and let me know if hes reforging right. Any help would be greatly appreciate, thanks a bunch!

Item Level 394
    Expectations: More DPS
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rshda/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=2445&e=2683

Trying to find out what I'm doing wrong and how I can increase my dps. I feel like I'm not doing anywhere close to what I should be.
    Last edited by Karshda; 2012-01-17 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izolde View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply Worshaka, these were things that I wouldn't have thought by myself and I will definately work on these asap.

I have 1 question about the reforges/gems/enchants. As you said I put epic gems on DS items that I feel that I'll use for long enough, because I can't afford to fill my gear and keep replacing them, that's why my rings have epic gems (my legs are the LFR version unfortunately). It took me some time to realise what you told me there, but I get it now and you are very correct. My concern is that, for now, if I replace them, I might be having problems reaching the haste plateau. I'll look into it when I'll be able to log into the game, but this raised another question which has bothered me in the past too. The lavawalker vs 50 haste enchant when I'm close to the next haste plateau. Personaly I'm a big fan of the speed increase enchant (ofc not for Ultraxion but I can't change for each fight) but I'd like some opinion on that. When I find myself in such a situation, and the reforges are not enough to give me the next plateau, do I change my yellow socket gems into orange or I give up on the lavawalker?
    I would have thought you should be able to make the haste plateau with pure Int gems in your rings. However those rings aren't listed as BiS, although the difference between what you have and what is 'BiS' is perhaps negligible. It's all more complex these days with the ability to reforge and how even the secondary stats are. For some makeups of gear/buffs/di or no di, crit can be a good secondary stat and for others it's terrible (just for example).

Getting on to your actual question. I too value lavawalker and perfer not to be without it. However if it would allow me to reach a haste plataeu that I would otherwise miss out on, I might consider it depending on the circumstance. I probably wouldn't for the 2737 due to the fact you overwrite DP so much and getting a full duration is a relatively rare event. But I would for the 3202 for example.

The way I go about it, if I'm just short, I see if changing 65 mastery to gloves to 50 haste will achieve it. Then I look at if the combination of haste to gloves & feet would achieve it. I keep my gemming strategy the same (maxmise Int, only trading 1 int for a minimum of 2 secondary stats). Even if that secondary stat is crit, you can then (possibly) reforge that crit into haste. I therefore tend to view secondary stats as a resource pool that can be funneled into a value of haste/mastery/crit. Of course there are some limitiations but you can generally think of it that way.

By adopting the above, I never compromise my primary stat (unless it net yeilds 2+ times it's value in secondary stats) and am only ever trading a secondary stat to get to said plataeu. I think that is a safe strategy, although I'm sure in some niche cases it could be proven (at least theoretically) that it's ok to sacrafice some amount of Int to get there. I just think it's too difficult to work out, and in most cases unnecessary.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    Hello all. I am looking for some help. The shadowpriest in our guild has been performing poorly as of late. As the lock that gives him DI, I want to push his deeps as much as we can. I am hoping you folk could give me some insight and let me know how he can improve, so I can pass the message along.

Item Level: 394
    Expectations: Increase DPS
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gundo/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link (Ultraxion): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=3784&e=4005
    Worldoflogs Link (Madness of DW): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=6210&e=6935

Please take a look at his Haste-Mastery-Crit and let me know if hes reforging right. Any help would be greatly appreciate, thanks a bunch!
    Gear

Can't comment on gear as they were in PvP gear at time of this post.

Log Analysis

I'm just going to focus on the Ultraxion log, mainly because its a very easy one to analyse to see if someone is performing the fundamentals correctly. Trying to ascertain that from a multi-target type encounter is very difficult.

Having said that, utilising spike spam makes analysing DoT uptimes difficult, but I'll try.

Fiend was out for 15 seconds in the encounter, in all likelihood spike spam was only used with the first fiend, as the second fiend didn't get it's full 10 sec duration. The encounter lasted 3:40, therefore DoT uptimes should be near the 3:30 less application time, so 3:25 is a close approximation.

Based on that:
    * VT missed out on 10 seconds up time.
    * DP missed out on 8 seconds up time.

In doing the spike spam, it would be wise to read the info Kilee posted on howtopriest.com which details when and how to use it effectively. I think perhaps the 2nd fiend was delayed in this log in anticiption of doing it a 2nd time but then the encounter ended. It's also probably not wise to use it in the execute phase as SWD makes the task of pulling it off difficult.

Usually MF would have an uptime close to 60%, this log has 48.6%, but there is some MS casts to factor in. 8 casts probably took away a potential 10sec of MF uptime, lets say 12 sec in the worst case. That still yeilds with a very poor MF uptime, something around 50%. I'd suggest the person in question doesn't clip consecutive MF casts. That is, when casting MF and needing to cast MF again, the 2nd MF cast should begin before the current one ends. This will eliminate reaction and server lag between casts and result in far more MF uptime. Perhaps they are still using an outdated nochanneling macro? Are they spamming their keys to spell queue?

20 MB casts in that time period averages out at 1 MB cast per 11 seconds, it's possible to get that number close to 8, somewhere below 8.5 is decent. There is also an abnormally large amount of SWD casts, it should only be cast during execute phase, twice consecutively. This person has cast it 20 times and with it's 12sec CD I doubt execute phase lasted 2 minutes.

There are no volcanic pots in the log, are you expecting your raiders to use all available consumables? They also cast fade 4 times, I find that a bit strange, is there some sort of tank threat problem in your raid? Casting fade just before the pull is a good idea, but there should be 0 need to during that specific encounter.

The DI uptime on your lock wasn't great (85%), considering how much damage they are doing you may want to direct your spriest to not use spike spam, or if they do to throw in MF casts as explained by Kilee in the information I refered to earlier. Considering the gap of damage between the 2 the safe option is to not have them use spike unless it's on additional targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Gear

Can't comment on gear as they were in PvP gear at time of this post.

Log Analysis

I'm just going to focus on the Ultraxion log, mainly because its a very easy one to analyse to see if someone is performing the fundamentals correctly. Trying to ascertain that from a multi-target type encounter is very difficult.

Having said that, utilising spike spam makes analysing DoT uptimes difficult, but I'll try.

Fiend was out for 15 seconds in the encounter, in all likelihood spike spam was only used with the first fiend, as the second fiend didn't get it's full 10 sec duration. The encounter lasted 3:40, therefore DoT uptimes should be near the 3:30 less application time, so 3:25 is a close approximation.

Based on that:
    * VT missed out on 10 seconds up time.
    * DP missed out on 8 seconds up time.

In doing the spike spam, it would be wise to read the info Kilee posted on howtopriest.com which details when and how to use it effectively. I think perhaps the 2nd fiend was delayed in this log in anticiption of doing it a 2nd time but then the encounter ended. It's also probably not wise to use it in the execute phase as SWD makes the task of pulling it off difficult.

Usually MF would have an uptime close to 60%, this log has 48.6%, but there is some MS casts to factor in. 8 casts probably took away a potential 10sec of MF uptime, lets say 12 sec in the worst case. That still yeilds with a very poor MF uptime, something around 50%. I'd suggest the person in question doesn't clip consecutive MF casts. That is, when casting MF and needing to cast MF again, the 2nd MF cast should begin before the current one ends. This will eliminate reaction and server lag between casts and result in far more MF uptime. Perhaps they are still using an outdated nochanneling macro? Are they spamming their keys to spell queue?

20 MB casts in that time period averages out at 1 MB cast per 11 seconds, it's possible to get that number close to 8, somewhere below 8.5 is decent. There is also an abnormally large amount of SWD casts, it should only be cast during execute phase, twice consecutively. This person has cast it 20 times and with it's 12sec CD I doubt execute phase lasted 2 minutes.

There are no volcanic pots in the log, are you expecting your raiders to use all available consumables? They also cast fade 4 times, I find that a bit strange, is there some sort of tank threat problem in your raid? Casting fade just before the pull is a good idea, but there should be 0 need to during that specific encounter.

The DI uptime on your lock wasn't great (85%), considering how much damage they are doing you may want to direct your spriest to not use spike spam, or if they do to throw in MF casts as explained by Kilee in the information I refered to earlier. Considering the gap of damage between the 2 the safe option is to not have them use spike unless it's on additional targets.
    Thank you VERY much. I have passed this info along. Your input has been greatly appreciated

Deleted
    Item level: 386
    Expectations: Damage increase (I feel my dmg is not equal to my gear)
    Armory Link: h t t p://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Mightykoxu/advanced
    WoL Link: h t t p://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0procrzo91blg71f/analyze/dd/source/?s=703&e=1004

Quote Originally Posted by Karshda View Post
    Item Level 394
    Expectations: More DPS
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rshda/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=2445&e=2683

Trying to find out what I'm doing wrong and how I can increase my dps. I feel like I'm not doing anywhere close to what I should be.
    The only thing that really leaps out at me is you could have done at least 4 more MB's and you should have been able to squeeze in more sw: d. You do seem to be maximizing heroism well... Honestly I think you might be performing pretty close to what you can in that raid set-up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastenka View Post
    Recently I've grown more and more irritated about my dps which does not keep up with the rest of my raidgroup in many of the tank n spank encounters. In FL I used to share the 1st place on the dpsmetres with a balance druid, but noticed quite soon in DS that it would be a lot more difficult, if not nearly impossible to maintain that position. For fights where there's not one single pure dps target, such as Spine and Warmaster I top the charts with multiple dot targets and quick burst with 4p bonus, but I've always been more interested in improving the pure dps output.

Armory: Couldn't link since I don't have permission to post links yet. Please look up me anyway, Nasteenka on Defias Brotherhood EU.
    World of Logs: Couldn't link since I don't have permission to post links yet. But search for Thats Nice on Defias Brotherhood EU, last DS raid.

Opening rotation: Volcanic pot + herb skill seconds before combat, then SW:P, 5 MF ticks and, MB and then SF + Dark Evangelism and basically keep dots up / MB when ready and SW when under 25%. Basically the same rotation I've had since I started raiding. Not sure what or how to improve further, so turning to you lads for advice on how to improve.
    Seems I was forgotten, so bumping for help

Item Level 391
    Expectations: Do more than 28k dps so i can be competitive with the rest of my raid
    Armory Link: http//us[/url] (DoT) battle(DoT)net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Medpac/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http//www(DoT)worldoflogs(DoT)com/reports/j8laml792smb1xkd/sum/damageDone/

I know there is a lot of wipes, we had people being stupid that night and forgetting to click buttons. If anyone could tell me what i can improve on for spell priority, or reforging.

This is my offspec which i may be needed to play more often now that we have a few
    more healers raiding with us

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The only thing that really leaps out at me is you could have done at least 4 more MB's and you should have been able to squeeze in more sw: d. You do seem to be maximizing heroism well... Honestly I think you might be performing pretty close to what you can in that raid set-up.
    Worth mentioning that VT & DP uptimes lost out on 5 and 7 seconds, remember to try and refresh them the moment before they expire. MB was cast once every 10.7 seconds, low somewhere between 8 and 8.5 seconds is attainable (just to give you a frame of reference).

Other than that, you are pulling a very respectible number and your DPS peaks are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastenka View Post
    Recently I've grown more and more irritated about my dps which does not keep up with the rest of my raidgroup in many of the tank n spank encounters. In FL I used to share the 1st place on the dpsmetres with a balance druid, but noticed quite soon in DS that it would be a lot more difficult, if not nearly impossible to maintain that position. For fights where there's not one single pure dps target, such as Spine and Warmaster I top the charts with multiple dot targets and quick burst with 4p bonus, but I've always been more interested in improving the pure dps output.

Armory: Couldn't link since I don't have permission to post links yet. Please look up me anyway, Nasteenka on Defias Brotherhood EU.
    World of Logs: Couldn't link since I don't have permission to post links yet. But search for Thats Nice on Defias Brotherhood EU, last DS raid.

Opening rotation: Volcanic pot + herb skill seconds before combat, then SW:P, 5 MF ticks and, MB and then SF + Dark Evangelism and basically keep dots up / MB when ready and SW when under 25%. Basically the same rotation I've had since I started raiding. Not sure what or how to improve further, so turning to you lads for advice on how to improve.
    Sorry we missed you!

So I took a look at your Ultaxion kill info.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1r...?s=4859&e=5155

First thing there... all your DoT uptimes are extremely low. VT 51.8%, sw: p 83%, and DP 62.5%. That is a big deal. All of those should be at least 90%.
    You cast MB only 14 times when you should have been able to get in at the very least 32 times in the duration of that fight.

You did much better on all those things on Zon'ozz http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1r...?s=1847&e=2102 but you did about equally badly on Morchok as well. So I am thinking that the mechanics of some of the fights are causing you issues.

For Morchok: When he stuns you and starts putting out the pillers always look for two close together. That way you can easily stand between them and keep casting. If you don't see two close together there are still areas where you can cast and not get hit by the black stuff, but it takes a smidge of effort to find the spot. Anytime you have to run during that fight hit DP followed by sw: d until can stop moving.

For Ultaxion: I think maybe you are freaking out about Hour of Twilight a bit? That's the only reason I could think of for missing out on so much. The Heroic Will thing interrupts casting. So you can keep casting things until you switch to the other phase. So basically make sure nothing will fall off while you are phased and don't worry about having to interrupt something with heroic will.

As far as your gear goes, I think you forgot to get your bracers enchanted Other than that it looks good to me.

Item Level 395
    Expectations: Just to maximize DPS in general. Starting with Ultraxion since it is standstill, and taking the tips elsewhere.
    Armory Link: wow/en/character/arygos/Fungai/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:reports/rt-g2m1r3qnrveg9l84/details/5/?s=6489&e=6823

DPS is my offspec. I have healed in some form since Vanilla. Half way through T11, I finally put a guild together. We 3 healed everything, regardless of comp, because nobody would step up and OS DPS. In T12, we tried to DPS but didn't have the gear for it till everything was on farm. At that time, I put together a DPS spec and became our assigned swing DPS. I never DPS'd on a single content fight because we never attempted Heroic Rag. I'm learning now, and I believe I have everything down, but despite having gear nearly on par with my guildies in a DPS sense, I'm pulling less than most of them. I get a legendary in 2 weeks which I know will help, but as far as rotation and priorities, what can I fix?

Edit: I had to take off the beginning of the links because I haven't posted enough. Just add armory and worldoflogs to the beginning or send me a PM.

Expectations: DO more overall DPS even though its an alt. i feel like im doing something wrong and i know i can do better.
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%A2k/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...u4/details/85/

thats from the attempts on our last raid night. i came in to dps the ooze boss i forget his name right now lol i think its yorshaj. but any how, i looked at the shadow priest guide here on the forums. ive done mr. robot as often as i can to make sure im keeping things up right. ill admit i havnt visited it in a week or so cuz cash flow has been low. but i really do think that with my gear im doing sub par dps and should be in the 30k+ range constantly on most bosses. please help!
    Last edited by terrih91; 2012-01-19 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungai View Post
    Item Level 395
    Expectations: Just to maximize DPS in general. Starting with Ultraxion since it is standstill, and taking the tips elsewhere.
    Armory Link: wow/en/character/arygos/Fungai/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:reports/rt-g2m1r3qnrveg9l84/details/5/?s=6489&e=6823

DPS is my offspec. I have healed in some form since Vanilla. Half way through T11, I finally put a guild together. We 3 healed everything, regardless of comp, because nobody would step up and OS DPS. In T12, we tried to DPS but didn't have the gear for it till everything was on farm. At that time, I put together a DPS spec and became our assigned swing DPS. I never DPS'd on a single content fight because we never attempted Heroic Rag. I'm learning now, and I believe I have everything down, but despite having gear nearly on par with my guildies in a DPS sense, I'm pulling less than most of them. I get a legendary in 2 weeks which I know will help, but as far as rotation and priorities, what can I fix?

Edit: I had to take off the beginning of the links because I haven't posted enough. Just add armory and worldoflogs to the beginning or send me a PM.
    Gear
    Considering DPS is your offspec it's probably a bit harsh to be too critical of your gear, you have a decent iLvl even if it isn't 100% optimised. For example you want 4 set to be made with the helm and not gloves (gloves are pretty much the worst item for T13).

Depending on how keen you are to optimise gear, you might want to sim scenarios where you stay at 2589 haste and reforge into mastery. At least in my case I have found that haste over 2589 is doing a lot less than mastery, your current haste figure is inbetween 2589 and the next break point of 2737, although the latter isn't that important of a breakpoint. Without running sims I an only take an educated guess that you may get more mileage with 100 or so more mastery.

Glyphs

You aren't using 2 glyph slots, not that this is make or break but you might as well use them with something. I'd recommend mass dispel and inner fire, but what ever you choose will be fine.

Log Analysis

It's actually pretty good, the only 1 glaring problem is your MF uptime. You can achieve 60% or higher but in this log you're at 51.9%. When you cast consecutive MFs, do you clip the current MF cast with the new MF, that is you begin casting your 2nd MF before the current MF has completed? If you aren't doing this, start doing it, I try to cast my 2nd MF inbetween the 2nd last and last tick of MF. The reason you do this is because the tick intervals are not affected and you reduce the amount of reaction and server lag between consecutive MF casts. If you are using a nochannelling macro or waiting for that full cast you are losing precious casting time.

With your haste proc trinket, are you recasting VT & DP at the start and end of the proc? There is no danger to casting DP asap after the proc and just before it dissipates. It's a bit more murky for VT, I tend to not recast VT until about half the the current duration has expired, for example if I refresh vt and immediately get the proc there isnt' much benefit to casting VT twice in a row. However more likely than not VT was on for about half duration, so you throw it up after the proc and then try to time it so you cast it again just before the proc dissappears, meaning you lock in that proc to VT/DP for a larger proportion of time.

Your volcanic pot uptime was 47.9 seconds, meaning you probably pre-potted a few seconds early. Just a minor thing but try to pot as close to the start of the encounter as possible.

Your 2 dispersions lasted 8.2 seconds, which is lost casting time. Use this macro:

#showtooltip dispersion
    /cancelaura dispersion
    /cast dispersion

Hit it once to cast, hit it again to remove, there is no need to stay dispersed after you cop the hour of twilight damage, remove it and start casting again.

You had to divine Hymn for 8 seconds so that is going to impact your DPS quite a bit, with the dispersion length and Divine Hymn, thats about 14-15 seconds lost cast time.

Other than that, I think you can be reasonabily satisfied with the log for being OS dps. You beat the other spriest and presumably they are full time dps?

---------- Post added 2012-01-20 at 08:07 AM ----------

I should probably also note that you can look into a MS/MB rotation under fiend & AA, I'd go read the thread about 4pc in these forums and make up your own mind on when and how to use it. Considering you bloodlust immediately I wouldn't use it then but if AA and fiend sync up during the encounter it's probably worth doing as long as you do it correctly.

Item Level: 393
    Expectations: Maximize dps for progression
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zipples/simple Zipples
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w4iav504h8m3pi7p/

I need to figure out how to maximize my dps. I feel my dps is severely lacking as most of our group is and will be an issue if it keeps up.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback. VT 50%, that sounds... Well insane actually. But however I remember now that for one Ultraxion attempt I was semiafk since I was getting parented the shit out of me midpull. Hopefully that was the same pull, because I can't believe I would ever only have a 50% uptime. How unfortunate that I would give you that log to analyze.

The Morchok tips, I'm already doing those things while running and I guess the thing I should improve here is my uptime. And the bracer enchant - havn't actually found an enchanter yet since the guildenchanter quit. I'll return with a proper log after our next Ultraxion kill and hopefully it gives you some real material to analyze. Thanks for the feedback though, too bad I screwed up.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but i will ask anyway.
    My armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riest/advanced

I do get DI in my 10 man DS. With bottled wishes my haste after reforging is 3212. My first question is: should i just stick to these reforges, or will it better to reforge haste over mastery and dip below 3202 haste. 2nd question is, with so much haste is the lFR version of insignia of corrupted mind worth it? i have foul gift of demon lord and access to reverred trinkets from hyjal atm. Will i be better off using foul gift with bottled wishes?

I have question regarding haste caps vs mastery. with Bottled wishes and reforges i am sitting at 3212 haste now. I get DI in raids too. Should i stick to this much haste and go with LFR insignia of corrupted mind or switch to less haste by reforging mastery?
    other question i have is: will it be better if i use demon lord trinket instead of LFR insignia now?

I have been looking at logs of other similarly progressed raid group and my dps seems a low compared to other guilds. If someone could please look through some of my recent logs ( there's 6 different fights in my link) and offer ways to improve my dps it would be much appreciated. Sorry I can't post links yet.

ILV: 391

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Askr/simple

Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wpk0qxkahjn4t5v2/dashboard/?enc=bosses

Also, how worth it is the 3202 breakpoint? Should I drop down a breakpoint and get more crit/mastery?
    Last edited by Saronno545; 2012-01-22 at 04:07 PM.