Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatari View Post
    EU armory is currently down for me, but for yorsajh you just mind sear harder on black phase and double dot the void when possible. That will ramp your dps up for the most part. Will edit with more when armorys back up.
    Damn, I do that anyways will wait for armory I guess (:

Edit: 395 Ilevel after last raid, won the chest so I could finally upgrade my helm and keep the 4-set

EU armory is currently down for me, but for yorsajh you just mind sear harder on black phase and double dot the void when possible. That will ramp your dps up for the most part. Will edit with more when armorys back up.
    Best thing to do in black phase is to dot every mob with shadow word pain as they spawn (they are to shattered at this point to be able to mind sear) and remember to keep the ES buff up while mind searing them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomu View Post
    Item Level398
    Expectations:Min/maxing - Patchwerk style fights (Ultraxion)
    Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...umupews/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6248&e=6560

Ok so! Recently rerolled Spriest after a long break, and thought it was time to see if I've done my homework right. Only really after peoples thoughts on Ultraxion which is why I have only included his log in the link. While knowing that not having the legendary is hurting me a bit, I still think I should be able to push 2-3k more. Could be RNG? I dno :3 Been looking at other SPriests logs (highend shadowpriests) and our DoT uptimes seems to be the same. Pointers please? Tyvm.
    Looks fine to me, just need to fix DP uptimes, another thing possibly hurting you is your warlock, his dotting really isn't ideal. -Sorry don't really have much else.
    I personally prefer a haste heavy build, but user preference really.

@Archangel:
    Went through some of the longer fights vs Yorsajh, and you have a few dead points with your dots. I'm not sure if this is running back to Yorsajh from the ooze or just minor mistakes, but it can be adjusted a little.

I also noticed you were mind searing off of your hunter, I generally find it easier to just channel off of the boss, any reason for doing otherwise?

With your reforging, you've reforged mostly into haste/crit, because you're running with 4 set you should really be all about haste/mastery.

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Best thing to do in black phase is to dot every mob with shadow word pain as they spawn (they are to shattered at this point to be able to mind sear) and remember to keep the ES buff up while mind searing them down.
    will defo keep the SW:P on the adds from now, thanks.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl 397
    Expectations: min/maxing my dps to be close to my SIM ADN to rank on WOL regularly
    Armory/WOL: US > Sargeras > Comikins
    We are 5/8hm 25m guild. I don't get DI, FM, PI, or Trix. I'm typically top 3 dps but on hms I've slipped to 3-5th. I don't rank as frequently. Look at my ultraxion log from 2/6, it's comparable to the top SPs but I'm not ranking.

I can hit 3202 haste but I went 2589 and remainder into mastery. I'm using 4pc rotation #2 on Howtoprist. For example, I believe I should be closer to 42k+ on Ultrax but I barely push 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpal11 View Post
    will defo keep the SW:P on the adds from now, thanks.
    No need to keep it up on them during the fight, it's jsut during the "dead" time when they crawl "up" from the ground.

Deleted

SPriest, looking for DPS improvement - constructive critism

I'm relatively new to my priest but have raided on her, starting with DS. I'm not the best player, and if I'm honest, I don't aspire to be. I enjoy raiding very much though, and just want to be sure I'm pulling my weight - giving to my team what they deserve. We're a small server, and a small guild also, with just two raid teams, progression 6/7HC FL and 1/8HC DS.

Our team are mostly exceptional players, imo of course. So I find it difficult to compete and am mostly bottom of the DPS meters The only fight I get top DPS is Morchock HC. I do relatively well on the rest, but I read that on Madness, Spriest should be top?

Now I've read and read and am all read-ed out! I finally got the T13 4p last week, so started out the new rotation on Madness last night. I have reforged on the assumption there's a hit cap at 2589, and squeezed a bit more mastery. Prior to the T13 4p, I was stacking crit over mastery because of my trinkets, and I also didn't cap haste, so had very little mastery. Comparing the Madness fights, I've gained just over 2k dps, so I suppose something is right.

I just feel I'm not doing enough.

[Edit: You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.] < doh!

My Char is Mztickle, on Alliance Mazrigos-EU. Our WoL ID is: 124694, we did Madness last night.

I'm sure my DoT uptimes aren't brilliant, even though I just started using Power Auras. I need to move the buttons as on some fights, I can't see my DoT timers. Will fix that today.

Any useful info, regarding reforging or rotation, would be very much appreciated

This one doesn't follow the template because I merged it from it's own thread. All the important info is here though. -Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-02-08 at 02:51 PM.

Item Level: 398
    Expectations: Stay on par, or give the two DTR wielding mages in my a guild, a real run for their money.
    Armory Link: http://eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/spinebreaker/Belestra/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/ecj1hk1wdyw5fk8u/sum/damageDone/?s=591&e=918

I've included the logs from mondays raid, including our first HC Ultraxion kill. I'm wondering if there's rom for improvement on my part.
    I know my dps takes a hit when I'm missing DI, FM, soaking 3 hour's and missing DTR. On a sidenote I did the HC chest from HCUltraxion, and thus making me hitcappet once more.

All input in order to improve my dps will be aprriciated.

Yours Belestra
    Last edited by Belestra; 2012-02-08 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Looks fine to me, just need to fix DP uptimes, another thing possibly hurting you is your warlock, his dotting really isn't ideal. -Sorry don't really have much else.
    I personally prefer a haste heavy build, but user preference really.

@Archangel:
    Went through some of the longer fights vs Yorsajh, and you have a few dead points with your dots. I'm not sure if this is running back to Yorsajh from the ooze or just minor mistakes, but it can be adjusted a little.

I also noticed you were mind searing off of your hunter, I generally find it easier to just channel off of the boss, any reason for doing otherwise?

With your reforging, you've reforged mostly into haste/crit, because you're running with 4 set you should really be all about haste/mastery.
    Theres no real reason that i'm mind searing off of my hunter really, but i'm not sure it matters, does it? And i'm not to sure what the dead spots are with my dot's are, I generally try and keep as many dots rolling as possible, but occassionally on phases such as red/yellow/black I try and stack asap which results in a minor dps loss, but other than that, I don't think it's anything major, I always to to keep a decent dot uptime though, will try harder from now on i guess, thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belestra View Post
    Item Level: 398
    Expectations: Stay on par, or give the two DTR wielding mages in my a guild, a real run for their money.
    Armory Link: http://eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/spinebreaker/Belestra/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/ecj1hk1wdyw5fk8u/sum/damageDone/?s=591&e=918

I've included the logs from mondays raid, including our first HC Ultraxion kill. I'm wondering if there's rom for improvement on my part.
    I know my dps takes a hit when I'm missing DI, FM, soaking 3 hour's and missing DTR. On a sidenote I did the HC chest from HCUltraxion, and thus making me hitcappet once more.

All input in order to improve my dps will be aprriciated.

Yours Belestra
    I can't say much to dot uptimes because of the mind spike rotation so i start with the obvious things.

No volcanic potions were used. At least one should be used ( +1 pre-pot especially if you start with time warp)

Using the mind spike rotation while timewarp is always hard to pull of since your shadow fiend is probably not affected by it. You can try delaying it to take full advantage of the time warp for your dots and stay on the dps level with the mind spike rotation as soon as the timewarped dots run out, but that could lead to third fiend being up while in the <25% phase. As your kills will get faster and faster over time, this situation might as well come without delaying the first rotation, so this might be worth thinking off. A volcanic potion on the first fiend could make up for this but you can only test to make sure.

Your third fiend produced no real spike, did you make a mistake there or was there a fading light that worldoflogs misses, i saw that you gained heroic will just after fiend ended so it should propably spike higher.

You did total of 36 mind blasts, that would be a mind blast every 9,08 seconds, this should be at around 8.5 seconds. Make sure to clip your flays so you can squeeze a few more mind blasts in.

Your armory shows your haste rating at 2588, the haste plateau for vt+2 is 2589, i don't know how exact wow is in this case, your haste buffs sum up to 30,007115 % and 30 % is said to be equal to 2589 so it may not be that important but you should have someone that knows more about that than i do to have a look into that.
    Last edited by mmoc742c0552a2; 2012-02-08 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks for a quick reply.

I'm sure I prepotted, but I might have forgotten to use a pot later on due to sheer excitement of seeing the boss go down I'll try to work on my clipping skills then, and try to squeese in more MB's. Regarding the 3rd fiend, I'm really not sure what happend to it, but ill take a note of it. For the haste, i'll get an epic int/haste gem and ill be over the haste plateu again.

Belestra
    Last edited by Belestra; 2012-02-08 at 04:16 PM.

greetings.
    I'm about to loseing patience with my priest, and hope you can help me with what I'm doing wrong.
    I would link my armory, and 2 logs

Well my priest
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/Telania/simple
    what bothers me currently is that I have trouble coming over 25/27k, and sometimes I am very down to 20-22k and only on maddnes I have seen the light, and is close to the optimal dps, which

My rotation is: VT <swp <dp <mb <mf <AC / trincket macro <mf <mf <mf <mb <dp <mf <mf <mf <vt <mb <dp etc.

Another thing I stand and lacks a good macro for my multi-dot when I multi-dot, I use tap / target, plugs vt <swp and back to my main target again.
    so I assume i losse, some sec's threw out the boss fight and thats beaing showend pn meters.
    So it's Seams to me there is something in Miss Clearly, could be my rotation needs a switch or a handy macro thats missing to increase my dps.
    Logs: late's one: worldoflogs.com/reports/29tfznezxxhepkin/
    2nd logs, week old: worldoflogs.com/reports/4188e9h2kfnwuf6d/
    thanks in advance, and I am happy to help for more explanation to my question.
    Last edited by Gladi; 2012-02-09 at 12:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladi View Post
    greetings.
    I'm about to loseing patience with my priest, and hope you can help me with what I'm doing wrong.
    I would link my armory, and 2 logs

Well my priest
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/Telania/simple
    what bothers me currently is that I have trouble coming over 25/27k, and sometimes I am very down to 20-22k and only on maddnes I have seen the light, and is close to the optimal dps, which

My rotation is: VT <swp <dp <mb <mf <AC / trincket macro <mf <mf <mf <mb <dp <mf <mf <mf <vt <mb <dp etc.

Another thing I stand and lacks a good macro for my multi-dot when I multi-dot, I use tap / target, plugs vt <swp and back to my main target again.
    so I assume i losse, some sec's threw out the boss fight and thats beaing showend pn meters.
    So it's Seams to me there is something in Miss Clearly, could be my rotation needs a switch or a handy macro thats missing to increase my dps.
    Logs: late's one: worldoflogs.com/reports/29tfznezxxhepkin/
    2nd logs, week old: worldoflogs.com/reports/4188e9h2kfnwuf6d/
    thanks in advance, and I am happy to help for more explanation to my question.
    Ok, prepare because the list will be very long:

Rotation:
    You have got the 4pc t13 bonus and don't utilise it with a mind spike driven rotation for the time when fiend is up, you can read up on that here.
    Other than that, a Spriest doesn't really have a rotation, it's more of a priority list, and while you could clearly build a macro with a castsequence for you depending on your haste value it isn't really advised because a macro wouldn't make proper use of strong temporary buffs like heroism or Power Torrent.
    Speaking of these, you have the insignia of corrupted mind, make sure to track its buff as well as Power Torrent and Heroism. Reapply VT and DP as soon as they proc and at the end of the buffs.

Armory:

Shoulders not enchanted
    You reforged everything to haste while clearly not reaching the 3202 haste plateau, with the 4pc t13 rotation in mind you should go down to vt+2 (2589 haste rating) and reforge to strong mastery.

Worldoflogs:

I concentrated on the Zon'Ozz fight of this weeks log as it eliminates the multi dot parts.

No Volcanic Potions, at least one should be used every fight (+1 pre pot)
    No Heroism?
    Vampiric Touch Uptime is only 75.2 %, this should be more like 98%
    You lose a whole dot duration in the beginning with your "rotation" where empowered shadow is not active.
    You cast a total of 24 Mind Blasts in a 246 sec fight, that's a mind blast every 10.25 seconds, this value should be more in the range of 8.5 seconds, you can improve your numbers by clipping mind flays.

I am sure there are much more things that you could improve but my advice would be to read up Kilees Spriest Guide and the following discussion first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzchief View Post
    removes most of the chatter =p
    This one doesn't follow the template because I merged it from it's own thread. All the important info is here though. -Arlee
    Sorry Arlee, I hadn't seen the sticky, let me reformat this as per...

Item Level 396
    Expectations: Improve DPS
    Armory Link: EU-Mazrigos-Mztickle
    Worldoflogs Link: ID: 124694, specifically, Madness on 07/02

I have just got the T13-4p and changed my reforging priorities. Prior to that, I was stacking haste (no cap), crit then mastery. Now I stack haste to soft cap of 2589, then reforge everything to mastery.

I'm not the best player I know, but I like to try. Just disappointed being bottom DPS mostly, on my team. Had a very disappointing night last night, attempting Yor'sahj HC

Many thanks!

ty for your feeback syslord.

lates reforge, been change on suggestion from Mr roboto, that suggest haste, and less mastery, and can see that my high haste numbers can be an issue, so let me get the reforge right, so i want to try get my haste to the vtx2 part(2589), and change the haste to mastery?

for the part of tracking cd.s of VT/dp, iam I useing class timer,

and I assume i need to clip 1/2 of my MF of my prioritys,, for geting the faster cast on MB.

after reading threw the link, i have come op whit the suggestion for *rotation*
    VT,MF to tricker archangles, pup anchgles+ spell power trinket,mb,dp,swp, Shadowfiend,2x(mf),vt,thats should be 8 sec, and i pop my next mb,dp,and 2x(mf),vt,mb,dp
    other start out would be:VT<SF<mf<archangles(trinket macro),mb,dp,swp,2x(mf),mb,dp
    a question for Multi dot:
    will my prioritys beaing geting my rotation to the part after poping shadowfiend, to start cast the 2x(dot) on the multi target, or is a thing i need to do, as a part when poping VT on Mt, i cast VT<swp, right after on multi target, to keep in track of cd,s on VT, and to re dot op when Main targets Vt, is about to reset?

for the Volcanic Potions, part, i assume i save the use of it for, nuke part, emrage timer, or does i want it when starting on boss?, cuss the Volcanic Potions only reset when starting, new combat
    Last edited by Gladi; 2012-02-09 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Sorry Arlee, I hadn't seen the sticky, let me reformat this as per...

Item Level 396
    Expectations: Improve DPS
    Armory Link: EU-Mazrigos-Mztickle
    Worldoflogs Link: ID: 124694, specifically, Madness on 07/02

I have just got the T13-4p and changed my reforging priorities. Prior to that, I was stacking haste (no cap), crit then mastery. Now I stack haste to soft cap of 2589, then reforge everything to mastery.

I'm not the best player I know, but I like to try. Just disappointed being bottom DPS mostly, on my team. Had a very disappointing night last night, attempting Yor'sahj HC

Many thanks!
    On Madness just multidot, you only got 45 spellweave procs in 12 minutes, you can easily have about 150, make sure your dots are rolling on the arm tentacle and the other tentacle at the same time, if you start on the green island you can even include the arm tentacle on the yellow island for more damage, make sure you use your burst damage with fiend when the arm tentacle is low (about 40%) because it will get more damage at this time. Your fiend should end just when you switch to the <25% phase.

When you fight against the head, dot all small tentacles and both elementals up while keeping your dots up on the head too.

Deleted
    Thanks alot syslord2k2 for the advice. I'll try harder to keep DoT's up I guess. Must find some addon first

Thanks alot syslord2k2 for the advice. I'll try harder to keep DoT's up I guess. Must find some addon first
    Shadowtimers and Event Horizon are the two I like the most for that if you want ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Power Auras!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Shadowtimers and Event Horizon are the two I like the most for that if you want ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    Power Auras!
    Thanks guys! Thanks to this thread, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post15408465 I now have it set up

Can I just ask here though, again, as I'm using the new rotation since having T134p, how do I know if my DoT uptimes are acceptable now?

Here's a recent fight on Ultraxion http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=3371&e=3646

Thanks again