Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Vawcks View Post
    Item Level:380
    Expectations:Progress w/ group & melt face
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Voxi/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6vyb0e1wyfa1vzmf/

    Picked up 2 new rings last night. Baleroc fight I was lookin ugly, was a bit disoriented. ;P We're fairly casual. Not sure whether or not to pick up more spirit, but as it is, I find it comfortable. And we've only had the lock literally 3 times. So should I stay JUST above the +2 VT tick and stack mastery because of the unreliability on DI? Otherwise, what's the benefit of more haste?
    You're dps is very low. Your DoT uptime is 67% 80% and 62% it should be 95+% across the board, same with your empowered shadow which is at 46% and your mind flay which should be like 50-60% not 40 some%. Basically press your buttons harder and find a better way to track your dots. With worse gear than you, no four piece and solo soaking 3 shards in our baleroc heroic kills im doing almost 10k more dps.

    Gearing seems pretty good, but just work on the rotation. DoT uptime is the #1 priority and they should ONLY be cast with empowered shadows if you can help it. basically keep your dots on the boss ALWAYS, get an addon to tell you when to refresh them and mind blast on cooldown. Mind flay should fill EVERY second of time you're not mind-blasting or refreshing dots or cooldowns.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Vawcks View Post
    Item Level:380
    Expectations:Progress w/ group & melt face

    Picked up 2 new rings last night. Baleroc fight I was lookin ugly, was a bit disoriented. ;P We're fairly casual. Not sure whether or not to pick up more spirit, but as it is, I find it comfortable. And we've only had the lock literally 3 times. So should I stay JUST above the +2 VT tick and stack mastery because of the unreliability on DI? Otherwise, what's the benefit of more haste?
    I typed a big response then realised that you died twice during the Baleroc fight! Do you have a cleaner WoL for us to look at? 29k on Shannox HC is much better.

  3. #43
    Gonna try this thread see if you can get any more dps out of me

    Item Level: 376

    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avers/advanced

    WOL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10741&e=10941

    Everything seems fine but I feel like I could push a bit more out so if there is anything you can see please point out so I can improve.

    Thanks

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavers View Post
    Gonna try this thread see if you can get any more dps out of me

    Item Level: 376

    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avers/advanced

    WOL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10741&e=10941

    Everything seems fine but I feel like I could push a bit more out so if there is anything you can see please point out so I can improve.

    Thanks
    Everything looks very fine. I would call this stealth bragging though. Your DoT up time is fine, your ES is fine, your Mind Blast casts are fine. If you want criticism to improve, upload a frapsed video. I can really pick apart those and it tells more about how you are as a player and how you react.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Everything looks very fine. I would call this stealth bragging though. Your DoT up time is fine, your ES is fine, your Mind Blast casts are fine. If you want criticism to improve, upload a frapsed video. I can really pick apart those and it tells more about how you are as a player and how you react.
    Thanks for the quick response and yeah ill fraps domo hc tonight, and no its not bragging im really sure I can improve was hoping someone could see where to help me push out that bit extra.

    But yeah ill upload that video later on today.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavers View Post
    Gonna try this thread see if you can get any more dps out of me

    Item Level: 376

    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avers/advanced

    WOL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10741&e=10941

    Everything seems fine but I feel like I could push a bit more out so if there is anything you can see please point out so I can improve.

    Thanks
    Getting a proper glove enchant is one thing to do, nice try on the stealth brag though! :O

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Getting a proper glove enchant is one thing to do, nice try on the stealth brag though! :O
    personally I prefer 50 haste there isn't much in it which is better over 65 mastery since it just gets me to my next DP tick when I wear my alys hc legs.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavers View Post
    personally I prefer 50 haste there isn't much in it which is better over 65 mastery since it just gets me to my next DP tick when I wear my alys hc legs.
    Wearing you alys legs breaks your 4set bonus and I promise that fitting in another MF cast is not worth that :/

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Wearing you alys legs breaks your 4set bonus and I promise that fitting in another MF cast is not worth that :/
    I'll be wearing domo shoulders when they drop tonight.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavers View Post
    I'll be wearing domo shoulders when they drop tonight.
    I'm suprised to see that you havn't taken the legendary staff or that Flickering cowl haste/hit HC head in your calculations yet. Sorry mate, but there is no way to help someone if we are suposed to know what gear you will get in the future and plan ahead for that.

    With your current gearset, 65 mastery on gloves is better than 50 haste.

    Edit: Not to mention that if we are planning ahead, using the 65 mastery enchant is what you do in that full BiS gear you will get in three weeks :<

  11. #51
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavers View Post
    Gonna try this thread see if you can get any more dps out of me

    Item Level: 376

    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avers/advanced

    WOL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10741&e=10941

    Everything seems fine but I feel like I could push a bit more out so if there is anything you can see please point out so I can improve.

    Thanks
    About gear: I don't understand why you are reforging spirit -> crit, is this really your only option? You are also gemming spirit despite being 7 points above cap. Also I don't like your shoe and glove enchant, but I guess it's preference based. Also your rings aren't really optimal.
    Also your herbalism profession isnt cool either.

    About the log on Baleroc. Quite good rotation and CD usage. But you seem to be bragging quite a lot by linking us normal mode Baleroc which involves almost zero movement (only 27 stacks soaked, that's like 2 crystlas??) and high uptime on pot and DI, especially since you are both fed DI, PI and you have your troll racial.

    Lets just continue with the log: Alysrazor was ok, could have improved dot and ES uptime. Personally I prefer multidotting hatchlings instead of multidotting clawshapers during burn phase. Why only using dispersion once? you got 2 burn phases so that's at least 2 times you could have dispersed the firestorm.

    On Rhyolith you should probably aim for higher dot uptime on Spark and higher ES uptime in general. Personally I do so by keeping a relaltively high sw: p uptime up on legs. You also only hit Spark with 7 mind blasts, could easily be improved. You really need to nuke all your orbed mind blasts into the spark instead of a random target (you want to do this anyway for ES uptime).

    On Shannox I can't tell what you suddenly did wrong there? were you on Rageface duty? I guess you were with 33% uptime on rage debuff. Well I guess it's hard to comment on dps then.

    Generally you did well, but don't think there's no room for improvement.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    About gear: I don't understand why you are reforging spirit -> crit, is this really your only option? You are also gemming spirit despite being 7 points above cap. Also I don't like your shoe and glove enchant, but I guess it's preference based. Also your rings aren't really optimal.
    Also your herbalism profession isnt cool either.

    About the log on Baleroc. Quite good rotation and CD usage. But you seem to be bragging quite a lot by linking us normal mode Baleroc which involves almost zero movement (only 27 stacks soaked, that's like 2 crystlas??) and high uptime on pot and DI, especially since you are both fed DI, PI and you have your troll racial.

    Lets just continue with the log: Alysrazor was ok, could have improved dot and ES uptime. Personally I prefer multidotting hatchlings instead of multidotting clawshapers during burn phase. Why only using dispersion once? you got 2 burn phases so that's at least 2 times you could have dispersed the firestorm.

    On Rhyolith you should probably aim for higher dot uptime on Spark and higher ES uptime in general. Personally I do so by keeping a relaltively high sw: p uptime up on legs. You also only hit Spark with 7 mind blasts, could easily be improved. You really need to nuke all your orbed mind blasts into the spark instead of a random target (you want to do this anyway for ES uptime).

    On Shannox I can't tell what you suddenly did wrong there? were you on Rageface duty? I guess you were with 33% uptime on rage debuff. Well I guess it's hard to comment on dps then.

    Generally you did well, but don't think there's no room for improvement.
    Thanks this was the exact response I was looking for.

    On Alysrazor i was dispersing every firestorm not sure why it didnt show up on logs, rhyolith was a pretty bad attempt compared to the wipe beforehand, and yeah was on rageface duty on shannox so i wasn't really trying to maximise dps there.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by schoenkid37 View Post
    You're dps is very low. Your DoT uptime is 67% 80% and 62% it should be 95+% across the board, same with your empowered shadow which is at 46% and your mind flay which should be like 50-60% not 40 some%. Basically press your buttons harder and find a better way to track your dots. With worse gear than you, no four piece and solo soaking 3 shards in our baleroc heroic kills im doing almost 10k more dps.

    Gearing seems pretty good, but just work on the rotation. DoT uptime is the #1 priority and they should ONLY be cast with empowered shadows if you can help it. basically keep your dots on the boss ALWAYS, get an addon to tell you when to refresh them and mind blast on cooldown. Mind flay should fill EVERY second of time you're not mind-blasting or refreshing dots or cooldowns.
    Baleroc fight screwed me, and that's probably what you're compparing. This ISN'T a compare dps thread. THe only thing you did there was hurt my pride. >_<If you look at my Shannox fight my ES uptime is about 80% (should be higher) and my dots are all above the 90% range, as well as Alysrazor where my ES uptime is 94%. Our 1st H Domo kill I had about 87% uptime on ES and all my dots were in that range again. As for Beth'tilac and the like, that's probably where my uptimes are looking badd. I kill spiderlings, so when I'm running through the Spinners and drone that's not always my main priority. Bad or no? On Rhyo should I make sure to keep my dots up, on atleast one leg? (where my uptimes where bad as well)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogarella View Post
    I typed a big response then realised that you died twice during the Baleroc fight! Do you have a cleaner WoL for us to look at? 29k on Shannox HC is much better.
    No unfortunately not. >_< We had been playing with mechanics for Baleroc. Thanks tho. I'll be back in a week when raid resets to get a new log up here. Is there any way to make it where WoL will not show data from Boss fights like Bale and Alys?

    keep in mind, ilvl was 3 lower when these fights tookplace. (nbd i know)
    Last edited by Vawcks; 2011-10-20 at 08:56 PM.
    Voxi - 85 Shadow Priest [4/8 HM DS, 6/7 Heroic FL] Tsunari - 85 MM Huntard

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Vawcks View Post
    Baleroc fight screwed me, and that's probably what you're compparing. This ISN'T a compare dps thread. THe only thing you did there was hurt my pride. >_<If you look at my Shannox fight my ES uptime is about 80% (should be higher) and my dots are all above the 90% range, as well as Alysrazor where my ES uptime is 94%. Our 1st H Domo kill I had about 87% uptime on ES and all my dots were in that range again. As for Beth'tilac and the like, that's probably where my uptimes are looking badd. I kill spiderlings, so when I'm running through the Spinners and drone that's not always my main priority. Bad or no? On Rhyo should I make sure to keep my dots up, on atleast one leg? (where my uptimes where bad as well)

    No unfortunately not. >_< Thanks. I'll be back in a week when raid resets to get a new log up here. Is there any way to make it where WoL will not show data from Boss fights like Bale and Alys?

    keep in mind, ilvl was 3 lower when these fights tookplace. (nbd i know)
    edit: I now see you died twice on the baleroc I'll look at the majordomo for a better representation.

    After looking at your majordomo kill I'd say you can probably push out slightly more uptime on ES and mind flay although its very different from what I thought looking at baleroc haha sorry about that didn't notice your deaths. One thing for domo I'll mention is you took 15 ticks of leaping flame, keeping that number down is imperative to maintaining your buff. Everything else looks good though.

    As for your concerns on beth if you're on spiderling duty be on spiderling duty your priority is that the drones (and beth herself) see NO spiderling heals.
    As for rhyo I always keep dots up on at least one leg or on the spark, mostly because keeping SW:P Procs orbs and ES buffs sear damage. Plus keeping dots on one leg can help ease the troubles with steering if you're good about switching them when needed.
    Last edited by schoenkid37; 2011-10-20 at 09:09 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by schoenkid37 View Post
    edit: I now see you died twice on the baleroc I'll look at the majordomo for a better representation.

    After looking at your majordomo kill I'd say you can probably push out slightly more uptime on ES and mind flay although its very different from what I thought looking at baleroc haha sorry about that didn't notice your deaths. One thing for domo I'll mention is you took 15 ticks of leaping flame, keeping that number down is imperative to maintaining your buff. Everything else looks good though.
    I got the lavawalker enchant just recently in hopes of doing just that and failed. xD i'll just have to be more aware next time. Thanks a lot though for going back to look at those. I appreciate all the good criticism.
    Last edited by Vawcks; 2011-10-20 at 09:47 PM.
    Voxi - 85 Shadow Priest [4/8 HM DS, 6/7 Heroic FL] Tsunari - 85 MM Huntard

  16. #56
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    5

    Need Better DPS

    375 avg. equipped
    Expectations: better DPS.
    Zaan, Hyjal, Horde Armory Link
    Worldoflogs Link: Guild: DarkfallWorld of Logs Link

    I am new to the site and it won't let me put links in my post. I believe I'm doing everything I can, that I've reforged correctly, that I have BIS gear. I can't use Recount due to lag issues. I use TinyDPS which only runs client side. It shows that I'm usually in the top 10 on 25 man raids and top 3 on 10 man raids. I think I'm doing well, yet I look at WoL parses and its not all that great. What am I missing?

    ~Z
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-10-21 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added links

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaan View Post
    375 avg. equipped
    Expectations: better DPS.
    Zaan, Hyjal, Horde Armory Link
    Worldoflogs Link: Guild: DarkfallWorld of Logs Link

    I am new to the site and it won't let me put links in my post. I believe I'm doing everything I can, that I've reforged correctly, that I have BIS gear. I can't use Recount due to lag issues. I use TinyDPS which only runs client side. It shows that I'm usually in the top 10 on 25 man raids and top 3 on 10 man raids. I think I'm doing well, yet I look at WoL parses and its not all that great. What am I missing?

    ~Z
    You don't keep your DoTs up enough and don't Mind Blast on cooldown, like all other shadow priests. Fix that first. How can you have BiS when you don't even have four set bonus?

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaan View Post
    375 avg. equipped
    Expectations: better DPS.
    Zaan, Hyjal, Horde Armory Link
    Worldoflogs Link: Guild: DarkfallWorld of Logs Link

    I am new to the site and it won't let me put links in my post. I believe I'm doing everything I can, that I've reforged correctly, that I have BIS gear. I can't use Recount due to lag issues. I use TinyDPS which only runs client side. It shows that I'm usually in the top 10 on 25 man raids and top 3 on 10 man raids. I think I'm doing well, yet I look at WoL parses and its not all that great. What am I missing?

    ~Z
    Your gear is probably far from BiS as you havn't even killed rag normal yet, but you are in PvP gear so I have no idea.
    20k dps on baleroc is usually quite bad considering you get alot of raid buffs (not DI though). Your uptime on VT is okey, there is room for another 1-1.5% higher uptime but your DP uptime is just horrible.
    ES uptime is fine, not much to do there and 88% is good considering RNG and shit, could be higher but what can one ask for.
    Casting PW: B on baleroc is rather strange as the fight is about healing on normal.
    24 mind blasts is to little, should be somewhere above 35 on a 4:40 fight and in a dream world 40ish.
    You are not soaking crystals so you should be able to shine on this fight, you need to go back to basics and learn to keep your dots up properly.

    Edit:
    14% hit in PvP gear, nonono :<

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaan View Post
    375 avg. equipped
    Expectations: better DPS.
    Zaan, Hyjal, Horde ...
    Worldoflogs Link: Guild: Darkfall ...

    I am new to the site and it won't let me put links in my post. I believe I'm doing everything I can, that I've reforged correctly, that I have BIS gear. I can't use Recount due to lag issues. I use TinyDPS which only runs client side. It shows that I'm usually in the top 10 on 25 man raids and top 3 on 10 man raids. I think I'm doing well, yet I look at WoL parses and its not all that great. What am I missing?

    ~Z
    Few things I noticed...
    1. You cast DP 26 times. On a 4:40 fight, you should only need to cast it 13 or 14 times maybe, perhaps you are clipping your DoTs too early? VT was cast 19 times though which is almost perfect. You cast SW:P more than once, I guess you need to keep an eye on uptimes.
    2. Only Shadow Word: Death once? After boss is under 25%, you should spam this on cooldown. You are missing the glyph for this though.
    3. You need more Mind Blasts, don't wait for orbs (provided you are not in need of ES)
    4. You shielded yourself? Let the healers take care of that for you.
    5. No pots used - pre-pot on pull and use another during heroism/bloodlust/timewarp.
    6. You have changed your spec since that fight so I can't comment on it. You seemed to have Paralysis talent which is useless in PvE.
    7. Your opening spells are wrong. You went SW:P then Mind Blast (which is a little dangerous without fading first). I usually pre-cast a VT with a Fade as the tank is about to pull, the SW:P, DP, MF till an orb then MB and hopefully all of your trinkets etc. have popped and you can re-cast VT/DP.

    Hope this helps!

  20. #60
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogarella View Post
    Few things I noticed...
    1. You cast DP 26 times. On a 4:40 fight, you should only need to cast it 13 or 14 times maybe, perhaps you are clipping your DoTs too early? VT was cast 19 times though which is almost perfect. You cast SW:P more than once, I guess you need to keep an eye on uptimes.
    2. Only Shadow Word: Death once? After boss is under 25%, you should spam this on cooldown. You are missing the glyph for this though.
    3. You need more Mind Blasts, don't wait for orbs (provided you are not in need of ES)
    4. You shielded yourself? Let the healers take care of that for you.
    5. No pots used - pre-pot on pull and use another during heroism/bloodlust/timewarp.
    6. You have changed your spec since that fight so I can't comment on it. You seemed to have Paralysis talent which is useless in PvE.
    7. Your opening spells are wrong. You went SW:P then Mind Blast (which is a little dangerous without fading first). I usually pre-cast a VT with a Fade as the tank is about to pull, the SW:P, DP, MF till an orb then MB and hopefully all of your trinkets etc. have popped and you can re-cast VT/DP.

    Hope this helps!
    Helps a ton! I was following an opening sequence I read on either SWpriest.com or Elitist Jerks... can't remember. I use DP if I'm moving. Figured it was best to cast something than just run, no need for mana so I didn't disperse. Was saving my pot for 25%. I spam SW when I can. Yes, should get that glyph. Easy enough to fix. I can certainly MB more too. Self-shielding... lol... force of habit. And yes, I took out paralysis and put it on inner fire... Trying this out tonite. Thank you so much!

    Addendum: DPS went up about 1-2k on Rag fight. Haven't downed him yet, but I am pleased with my own progress. I'm getting closer to Simcraft target DPS. Thank you again.

    ~Z

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 11:44 PM ----------

    I have BIS for what I can get right now. I admit it's not perfect but it's what I can get right at this moment. Keep losing rolls on shoulders and we're still working on Rag.

    ~Z
    Last edited by Zaan; 2011-10-24 at 06:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •