Purpose of this thread:
- To assist people who have made a considered effort into their damage yet are struggling to meet their expected numbers. If you have exhausted other avenues and don't know what to do for further improvement this is the thread for you.
- To allow experienced players to share their oozing nuggets of wisdom with those eager to learn. Everyone who has a solution to share is welcome to contribute.
- To discuss alternate approaches to ability usage or gearing, just make sure you have good sources of information before making claims. If you want to suggest something that might be controversial that is fine, just make sure you have information or can link to information that will back up your claims.
- Remember when responding to people that they are looking for help and keeping your advice phrased respectfully would be appreciated
- Make sure you've read the relevant sticky guide Priest PvE Shadow Guide by Kilee and understand the basics of preparing your spec. This thread isn't for teaching you how to gem, glyph, enchant correctly or of the basics of stat priority and rotation usage.
- It also wouldn't hurt for you to read Ariadne's Simple Guide to Improving DPS since most of the time the reasons for low dps are covered in that post.
What to Post:
- General gear level and expectations in raids. Don't have people trawl armorys and parses for these details when they can be given up front.
- Your problem in as much detail as is possible. Is it specific to an individual boss? in particular phases or situations? (AoE, Multi-dotting, Execute phase, movement, etc.) or just a general patchwerk style low dps problem? The more detail you can give the more helpful answers we can provide.
- Any resources you have which can detail the problem are useful. World of Logs parses links are especially helpful.
Please post this template at the top of your post, and fill in the details you have. Make sure you post behind the [/B] tags.
What Not to Post:
- A question that is blatantly answered in the stickied guide.
- Stealth bragging damage logs.
- "How to reforge" questions. Use Mr. Robot or Wowreforge instead, or the appropriate stickies found in this forum.
- "Is Gear A > Gear B?" queries those are best simulated using SimC or CharDev on your own character to find a personal solution. Situational gearing such as trinkets for specific bosses or the merits of tier bonuses are fine to ask.
Simple guide to using Mr. Robot
- Click the "Pick a Charecter" button and enter your Character name and realm.
- Either use the default state weights if you like those or if you want to go to the "Stat Weight Editor" tab on the bottom right of the page.
- For Hit/Spirit make sure whatever value you put in will reflect what you want your hit rating to be. For example if you don't want to lose Int and SP but are willing to trade Haste for hit make sure the value you put for Hit and Spirit is lower than Int/SP but higher/equal to Haste. Or if you don't want to trade Haste for hit make sure the value for Hit/Spirit you put in is less than Haste.
- If after a certain amount of Haste you want to start stacking a different stat in the "soft cap" box enter the percentage in decimal form (so 30% would be 0.30) and then in the "soft-capped weight" box enter the weight you want Haste to have after that point (so if you want to stack Mastery after that point set the value to just less than what Mastery is).
- Click "Optimize" and see what Mr. Robot recommends.
All those examples are just examples to illustrate how to make Mr. Robot work for you, and not recommendations.
(If someone wants to PM me a short explanation of how to get the most out of wowreforge pm it to me and I'll add it)