Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Try to get your dot uptime to be around 84-85 % and use MB on CD, you could've had 34 Mind Blasts when you only had 28. If you had used MB on cd you could've had all from 300 k to 660 k more damage done

Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    Item Level: 403 equipped
    Expectations: I desperately need to increase my DPS. Although I know I haven't tried too hard to DPS extremely well in our raid anymore since January when we were progressing on H Blackhorn (I'm MS heals / OS DPS), my damage is still awful considering my gear is pretty great. We just transitioned from 10man to 25man last week, and I'm fairly consistently towards the bottom of the DPS meters in a 25man raid setting as well (can't blame missing spellpower buff now).
    Armory Link: Ellumina @ Kil'jaeden (Here's a chardev link in case I'm logged out in healing spec & gear)
    Worldoflogs Link: H Ultraxion 25m from last night.
    * Other spriest gets DI. I never get DI (or FM for that matter)
    * I don't really have too much of an FPS problem on fights, but a lot of others in our raid do spike to like 2fps at various times and they still out DPS me by quite a lot.
    As far as gear goes... it looks good to me (though you should strangle someone to take their Cunning of the cruel)

Looks like you got Fading Light 5 times which is annoying but not too bad. Make sure you have someone to keep track of the count down in an obvious way so you can take advantage of all the seconds of dps you can. For example I process things I hear much quicker than I do things I see. So I have DBM count down the timer to me.

Looks like you did the MB/MS rotation 3 times, taking that into account your dot uptimes were all at least 95%. Looks like you did good on the MS'd but you really should have been able to squeeze in more MB's. Also, make sure you aren't wasting the orb procs/casting MB without orbs up. Mostly just the fine tuning type of stuff. Oh also if you aren't using the version of the rotation where you use MF as well make sure after you stack up your evangelism at the end you refresh your dots again or stack that up first and then recast them (not a huge deal which way you do them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Bla bla lots of stuff
    You have in my humble oppinion, WAY too much haste. You should reforge for 2589 haste and then go mastery. you have 650 haste rating that could be mastery, that would easily give you 25% more dps during the MS/MB rotation.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melancolie View Post
    You have in my humble oppinion, WAY too much haste. You should reforge for 2589 haste and then go mastery. you have 650 haste rating that could be mastery, that would easily give you 25% more dps during the MS/MB rotation.
    The only fights where that would give more dps is on ultraxion and hagara, all other fights haste will be better due to multi dotting or movement.

Thank you for all the replies ^^ I really appreciate it! I haven't really changed much yet atm or tested anything differently, but it's reset day tomorrow so I'll work on my derspy then =]

@tobben: I usually don't use my MB on CD (I don't cast it if there's no orb). I stopped using it on CD since I dropped my T12 set.

@Arlee: I would kill to have a Cunning of the Cruel We saw our very very first one on our first week of 25man! It was a miracle Now I only have to wait for ~5-6 other casters to get theirs before I can get mine -.-...
    Could someone actually clarify to me the *proper* usage of the MS/MB rotation? The way I always do it is AA+SF -> MSx3 -> MB -> MSx(at least 3) -> sometimes filler MF depending on how long till MB is up -> MB. By the time this rotation is done, SF is gone but I usually have 3 orbs after that last MB that I end up using for my next MB. Is there something I should change about this?

@Melancolie: Really, too much haste? O.O I didn't even think there was such a thing as "too much haste" for an spriest! I've sorta been working towards that 3202 plateau (which I did achieve this week after receiving my spirit/haste ring) without trying too much (aka not swapping enchants or gems in order to achieve the goal).
    Could I get some other opinions on this? I already see Joyful's thoughts on it, and I don't even DPS for Hagara. And remember I never get DI ^^ And I also don't DPS for Spine (which I believe people go more mastery on that fight, right?)

@Arlee: I would kill to have a Cunning of the Cruel We saw our very very first one on our first week of 25man! It was a miracle Now I only have to wait for ~5-6 other casters to get theirs before I can get mine -.-...
    Could someone actually clarify to me the *proper* usage of the MS/MB rotation? The way I always do it is AA+SF -> MSx3 -> MB -> MSx(at least 3) -> sometimes filler MF depending on how long till MB is up -> MB. By the time this rotation is done, SF is gone but I usually have 3 orbs after that last MB that I end up using for my next MB. Is there something I should change about this?
    Your rotation looks sounds good, though you should add in another MB after you hit SF and before you cast MS. The other thing I would suggest is that if you aren't using a macro for removing mind melt instead of casting extra MS waiting on MB use MF as a filler. This ensures that when your instant MB is cast you will have orb up for it, and will let you have 5 stacks of evangelism up when you are done and put your dots back up.

Kilee explains the rotation options really well in this thread: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1176

The other thing is even without the T12 bonus you do want to cast MB on CD.

@Melancolie: Really, too much haste? O.O I didn't even think there was such a thing as "too much haste" for an spriest! I've sorta been working towards that 3202 plateau (which I did achieve this week after receiving my spirit/haste ring) without trying too much (aka not swapping enchants or gems in order to achieve the goal).
    Could I get some other opinions on this? I already see Joyful's thoughts on it, and I don't even DPS for Hagara. And remember I never get DI ^^ And I also don't DPS for Spine (which I believe people go more mastery on that fight, right?)
    Some people do think that dropping out of haste and into more mastery is more beneficial. However, like Joyful said you only really see the benefits of it on certain fights and even those can be a bit muddled. Personally I found keeping above 2589 haste but not over 3202 has had the best result on the flow of everything and that is my preference. If out of Ultraxion, Hagara, and Spine the only fight you dps on is Ultraxion it probably wouldn't be worth it to you to drop your haste down.

Item Level: 398 equipped.
    Expectations: Human races has "The Human Spirit", which is increasing spirit 3%. Would I need to cap the hit or not??
    Armory Link: I can't post URL, my character name is Ekusonnihs, Jubei'Thos.
    Worldoflogs Link: None.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinnosuke View Post
    Item Level: 398 equipped.
    Expectations: Human races has "The Human Spirit", which is increasing spirit 3%. Would I need to cap the hit or not??
    Armory Link: I can't post URL, my character name is Ekusonnihs, Jubei'Thos.
    Worldoflogs Link: None.
    Cant help whithout ANY information, no current dps, no expectations of dps, no WoL. and of course you need to cap hit, you just get a tad more out of spirit compared to hit.

Thanks for posting, unfortunately I don't know how to use the WoL.
    By the way my spirit has the over than 1742, so I thought that I don't need to cap the hit.
    If my gear doesn't have any hit, how much spirit should I have??
    Sorry for many questions.

You're not taking into account the base spirit that you have. You should show 17% hit on your character selection screen in order to be hit capped.

Thanks for replying, okay I understood.
    I saw some human priest doesn't cap the hit, so just thought that not necessary to cap.
    Thanks a lot.

Here's a recent Ultraxion 25, and I'm sitting around 34k in 401 ilvl gear:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2711&e=3002

I did get a handful of Fading Lights, and I hung onto Dispersion too long (need to make a macro to cancel it).

Any other glaring ways I can bump up my DPS?

Here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orazz/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Here's a recent Ultraxion 25, and I'm sitting around 34k in 401 ilvl gear:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2711&e=3002

I did get a handful of Fading Lights, and I hung onto Dispersion too long (need to make a macro to cancel it).

Any other glaring ways I can bump up my DPS?

Here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orazz/advanced
    You used dispersion twice, but you didn't stay out for any hour of twilights (no looming darkness debuff in the log). If you're not staying out to take a hour of twilight, then there is no reason you should be popping dispersion. You also channeled hymn of hope. Any time you aren't dpsing, is a loss obviously. I don't see any volcanic potions used here. Drink one right before the pull, and then again later in conjunction with CDs. It looks like you maybe missed a couple shadow word death and mind blast casts, but DoT uptimes seem ok.

I would pick up the hit-haste VP neck over the spirit-crit VP neck. You might get some more dps out of forging some haste into mastery, since you are below 3202 haste. You could try forging down to 2589 (not below) and see if you notice a difference. I've found that it's kind of hit or miss, so it may or may not do much for you.

Edit: some good talk in the posts above regarding the haste-mastery reforging
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2012-05-18 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    You used dispersion twice, but you didn't stay out for any hour of twilights (no looming darkness debuff in the log). If you're not staying out to take a hour of twilight, then there is no reason you should be popping dispersion. You also channeled hymn of hope. Any time you aren't dpsing, is a loss obviously. I don't see any volcanic potions used here. Drink one right before the pull, and then again later in conjunction with CDs. It looks like you maybe missed a couple shadow word death and mind blast casts, but DoT uptimes seem ok.

I would pick up the hit-haste VP neck over the spirit-crit VP neck. You might get some more dps out of forging some haste into mastery, since you are below 3202 haste. You could try forging down to 2589 (not below) and see if you notice a difference. I've found that it's kind of hit or miss, so it may or may not do much for you.

Edit: some good talk in the posts above regarding the haste-mastery reforging
    Odd... Our guild requires potion usage, and I use one on every boss.

The only Dispersions I used were to stay out for Hour of Twilights. I normally never use it otherwise unless I need to avoid dying for some reason.

And, I normally never use Hymn of Hope on Ultraxion... Are you sure you're looking at the right character?

Deleted
    Odd... Our guild requires potion usage, and I use one on every boss.

The only Dispersions I used were to stay out for Hour of Twilights. I normally never use it otherwise unless I need to avoid dying for some reason.

And, I normally never use Hymn of Hope on Ultraxion... Are you sure you're looking at the right character?
    Acording to the log you casted it twice as seen here.
    You didn't cast Hymn of hope and for some reason volcanic potion didn't get logged as well, either the person that logged it was in the other realm or you didn't use a pot.
    But to go over your log I would say your dots need better up time, you only droped DP once but thats to much already but you droped VT 3 times and that shouldn't happen.
    You used Mind Blast ever 8.5 seconds when it got a 6.5 seconds cooldown and with a cast time on all but 6 during the fight you could get this down to about 7-7.5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Acording to the log you casted it twice as seen here.
    You didn't cast Hymn of hope and for some reason volcanic potion didn't get logged as well, either the person that logged it was in the other realm or you didn't use a pot.
    But to go over your log I would say your dots need better up time, you only droped DP once but thats to much already but you droped VT 3 times and that shouldn't happen.
    You used Mind Blast ever 8.5 seconds when it got a 6.5 seconds cooldown and with a cast time on all but 6 during the fight you could get this down to about 7-7.5 seconds.
    Thanks Joyful. I think I'll repost later when I can do a log of my own. I know for certain that I used 2 potions, and it's very surprising to see that my Mind Blast is averaging one cast every 8.5 seconds when I spam the crap out of it as hard as I can.

Deleted
    Thanks Joyful. I think I'll repost later when I can do a log of my own. I know for certain that I used 2 potions, and it's very surprising to see that my Mind Blast is averaging one cast every 8.5 seconds when I spam the crap out of it as hard as I can.
    Ye due to how ultraxion work that would be your best bet to get a accurate log

Deleted
    Item Level397
    Expectations:get better dps / wanna know what im doing wrong
    Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kynes/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-55...?s=6757&e=7035 (Heroic Ultraxion)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-55...s=9746&e=10158 (Heroic blackhorn)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-55...?s=1284&e=1660 (Heroic yorsash)

hope you can help me out to improve my dps

thanks a lot so far

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    Item Level397
    Worldoflogs Link:

thanks a lot so far
    I know not getting DI sucks but you can/should be pulling a lot more dps.
    I noticed a couple of things and the most important things are at the bottom of this list

1) You are at 3352 haste,....the last attainable haste break point in this tier is 3202, you should reforge that extra haste into mastery.
    2) The second thing I noticed (from just looking at your Ultra log as that is pretty much a patchwerk fight) is that you aren't using your 4 piece rotation which is an easy 2k increase in DPS if you are doing it right, please take a look at howtopriest.com and look under the 4 piece rotation lists to see what fits your playstyle.
    3) You only used one Pot
    4) You only got off 2 shadow word:death,....definitely not a good thing, in execute phase, which is sub 25% shadow word:death jumps to the top of your priority list
    5) Probably the most concerning is that you only cast Mind blast 19 times, not much else can be said as Mind blast is your hardest hitting spell. In optimal conditions with the time it took your group to kill Ultra you could have easily gotten off 40 Mind blasts and maxed out at around 46 with optimal Fading lights. With your gear right now, that is (not factoring crits) an 800k damage loss overall.

Fix all of the above and you should be better

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    Item Level397
    Worldoflogs Link:

thanks a lot so far
    Just after a quick glance at your Ultraxion log, it looks like you're Mind Flaying WAY too much, and not Mind Blasting nearly enough. You did 25 Mind Blasts, and in a perfect world, you could have done well over 40 (44.5 to be exact). Mind Blast is your #1 priority, and should be #1 on your damage done. You also only used Shadow Word: Death twice when Ultraxion was likely below 20% for much longer than the 10 seconds needed to cooldown SW. Keep it on cooldown when the boss is below 20%.

It also doesn't look like you're using your 4-piece bonus. Shadowfiend giving you 3 orbs does some great burst when you do a Mind Blast - Mind Spike rotation.

I'd highly suggest studying your priority system more, and learning how to do the Shadowfiend-Mind Spike-Mind Blast rotation for your 4-piece set bonus.