Deleted

inscription - how much are mats from 0 to 500

cba to farm the herbs lol. thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the day, your server, etc. Go do the math yourself you lazy ass.

selling the glyphs you make while leveling will make you more gold than you spend on materials.
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

Deleted
    it depends on your server economy. you should basically check the prices for every one of your herbs, then buy the lowest priced ones. and even with a hefty investment, you're likely going to get a reasonable amount back due to glyph sales, at least up to 450. I suggest you get lilsparky's workshop, it shows the price of the mats and how much you'll gain from it. however, it's a bit finicky for glyphs, because it uses ink prices, not herb prices.

Deleted
    http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ion-guide.html - this may help as it tells you exactly how many ingrediant producing herbs you need, could always do a little research, see what herbs produce what and how much a stack generally goes for?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    /impressive
    You can spend a lot of time and money trying to save a little time and money.

Deleted
    i doubt that's really reliable. it states that LW and tailoring are the 2 most expensive professions to level on kor'gall horde. they state LW costs 30K. and on kirin Tor alliance, it supposedly costs 352... and i checked 3 minutes ago, it costs less than 2K to skill that on krag'jin horde, and now it costs 30K. these prices simply aren't accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cost to level alchemy on wildhammer Horde: 3281 72 50. I leveled it for under 1.5k 3 weeks ago.

Oh wow, I looked at the rest of the professions. It's horribly wrong on all counts.

Deleted
    The cost of mats is usually relatively high on most realms. Not as expensive to level as Jc, but still a dent.
    levelled my scribe by rolling a herbalism alt. The other advantage of that is another too, drawback is that herbalism is annoying and time-costly to level.

Deleted
    That calculator is a strict estimate, go read up on the WoW api and you'll understand why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brolly View Post
    selling the glyphs you make while leveling will make you more gold than you spend on materials.
    This^^
    It cost me around 5k to max it out, but i made almost all of that back through selling glyphs that I'd made.

Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    cba to farm the herbs lol. thanks
    You should buy up lots of cata herbs, whatever is cheap, though the higher level ones give more ink obviously. Find a person with high enough inscription to make all your inks for you(tip them very well for making you inks, or buy your guildy/friend something nice for their time:P ), then you can just trade them in for lower level inks as you need them to level it. As other people have said, you can make money leveling if you make profitable glyphs. You generally have a few choices in making glyphs for each skill level, so check the AH and see which is the most profitable. Obviously there will be levels where glyphs arent worth anything, but try your best.

As for amount of herbs, glyphs take 3 inks and orange ones give you 3 skill points. Stick to these and 1 ink should = 1 skill (so 425 inks = 425 skill, roughly) level up until you the highest skill levels, then do your inscription research daily for skill ups.

Deleted
    3-5k was it for me. realy cheap actually.

U need 80-100 stacks herbs most of them u get for 20g
    Most expensive are TBC herbs :/

Deleted
    I farmed all my mats myself on my druid. all i need to buy was the new recipes and papers. Took me 2 hours to farm all the required mats

Quite simple, "a lot".

Youll need herbs, and lots of them.

Deleted
    Why even bother to answer him if he has just a sad attitude "cba to farm the herbs lol. thanks " is just brainless and arrogant.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brolly View Post
    This is definitely the way to do it seen as you get desirable glyphs early. Lowbie herbs are set at outrageous prices on my server hope its not as bad for the op. :-%

Deleted
    It's one of the cheapest professions to level by far on my server; and quickest. Current cost estimate, 1.5k-2k. If you have a friend with inscription you can make it simple. Get them to mill a massive pile of whatever is the cheapest herb on your server (whiptail most likely - this gives the most inferno ink also which you can stockpile for making cards, or cinderbloom is often cheap if you don't care about that). You can then just sit at the ink trader and trade down and level it all up without much effort. You can definitely profit on my server just selling the glyphs back you've made.

Low level herbs on my server are far pricier than the cata herbs; so if this is the case, definitely find yourself an inscriptor to mill it down for you.