Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Watching wrestlemania 31

So I decided to resub to the WWE network today and watch Wrestlemania from last night. Wrestlemania is always a great show. All the stars put everything they got into the performance at Wrestlemania. This year it was in Levis Stadium. Talk about a turn out.

I thought it was weak. The 2 main reasons to watch it- HHH vs Sting and Taker vs Wyatt were fairly meh matches.

And the whole USA vs Russia thing was one of the most stupid plots I've ever seen, talk about crowd bait.

Still... the guy had a freaking tank.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I thought it was weak. The 2 main reasons to watch it- HHH vs Sting and Taker vs Wyatt were fairly meh matches.

And the whole USA vs Russia thing was one of the most stupid plots I've ever seen, talk about crowd bait.

I agree about the Rusev storyline. Somehow over the past year I kinda saw it coming that cena would be the first to beat him.

incoming butthurts saying it's fake.

I enjoyed it. Rocky was awesome as always, and it was nice to see DX vs nWo

my only problems is HHH winning and bray losing other then that 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    my only problems is HHH winning and bray losing other then that 8/10
    I wish they would give Wyatt a bigger push. They hype him up with good reason. His mic skills are better than anyone else on the current roster. He's the only heel I know who has the crowd behind him yet they won't let him win big matches.

I'm pissed at WWE for allowing Lesnar to retire Taker. HBK and Triple H failed what, 4, 5 times? And they give it to the guy that returned from MMA.

I'm pissed at WWE for allowing Lesnar to retire Taker. HBK and Triple H failed what, 4, 5 times? And they give it to the guy that returned from MMA.
    agreed. I was pissed they let him have the title. He doesn't show up for raw or smackdown unless it's to promote the ppv. Should've been given to a real champion who would actually show up. As much as I can't stand Seth Rollins, at least lesnar doesn't have the title anymore now.

If you look around that wasn't a WWE decision , no one including the ref knew it was going to happen. It was planned for Taker to win but at some point during the match Taker whispered to Lesnar to take the win. Wrestle Zone or somewhere had the story about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    If you look around that wasn't a WWE decision , no one including the ref knew it was going to happen. It was planned for Taker to win but at some point during the match Taker whispered to Lesnar to take the win. Wrestle Zone or somewhere had the story about it.
    I'm going to call BS on that. If he was hurt he could've just ended it quick with a tombstone or a countount.

Pretty BS to end the streak like that.

I'm going to call BS on that. If he was hurt he could've just ended it quick with a tombstone or a countount.

Pretty BS to end the streak like that.

Had nothing to do with him being hurt, Taker supposedly said somewhere that he was just tired of the streak and he decided before the match he wanted Lesnar to be the one to take it.

Heres a story, not the one i was referring to but a story none the less
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/4/...restlemania-30

Categorically untrue, as someone who looks at all those sites all the time I haven't seen anything more substantial then a random person in the comment saying anything to this nature. Because if Taker or Lesnar did this, neither would work for WWE again, and lesnar would have forfeited all the money he had earned to this point. Contracts are pretty binding. Hell Vince and Stone Cold talked about the decision on his podcast.

If you followed Lesnar from his win at 30, it makes sense why they did it. It make sense why he destroyed Cena at SS. Everything makes sense, and now they did a good job (I thought) at mania getting the title off him without making him look dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Categorically untrue, as someone who looks at all those sites all the time I haven't seen anything more substantial then a random person in the comment saying anything to this nature. Because if Taker or Lesnar did this, neither would work for WWE again, and lesnar would have forfeited all the money he had earned to this point. Contracts are pretty binding. Hell Vince and Stone Cold talked about the decision on his podcast.

If you followed Lesnar from his win at 30, it makes sense why they did it. It make sense why he destroyed Cena at SS. Everything makes sense, and now they did a good job (I thought) at mania getting the title off him without making him look dumb.
    refer to my edited post above

Deleted
    Had nothing to do with him being hurt, Taker supposedly said somewhere that he was just tired of the streak and he decided before the match he wanted Lesnar to be the one to take it.

Heres a story, not the one i was referring to but a story none the less
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/4/...restlemania-30
    In one of the Stone Cold podcasts, there is a part where they mention that it was Vince's decision to do it about 4h before WM30. He's still the guy to make all of the booking decisions.

The ref will also always know what the finish will be - think Montreal Screwjob.

BS, they don't just change it on the fly. They wouldn't have graphics ready seconds after the match if it wasn't prepared for. It was planned in advance. Vince has even talked in interviews about the discussions with Mark Callaway and how he was hesitant about ending it, they went back and forth about it. Callaway chooses his opponents. He wanted Lesnar to be the one to end the streak. He's liked Lesnar for a long time and he has a lot of respect for MMA.

As for last night's 'mania...

Worst, most ridiculous, cheesy part of the night was HHH's intro. That was a horrible tie in to promote Terminator.
    Enjoyed the Sting/HHH match just for having the DX/nWo fight during the match. Was amusing for me. Thought the ending was kind of weak.
    Wyatt/Undertaker was a good match, far better than his match with Lesnar (who I honestly think can't put on a wrestling match worth squat anymore; he's just been in squash matches, so it's the other guy that has to sell the match).
    Rock was meh, but I've lost interest in his part time show up once in a while and everyone worships him routine.

Despite my dislike of Lesnar's performances this past year, thought the Reigns/Lesnar match was perfectly executed, despite my lost interest in seeing the one-trick-Lesnar do the 45th suplex of the year. Seriously, people whine about Cena's 5 moves of doom or Reigns not having a repetoire of moves, but they love Lesnar who hasn't done a single move other than a suplex and his finisher in the last 12 months? I don't get it. (Although "Suplex City, bitch!" was funny)

That said, they did a good job making Lesnar seem actually capable of being beaten without diminishing his dominance angle. I thought Reigns in-ring performance was great, particularly with the laughing and the slaps. Neither guy was pulling punches and were hitting stiff.

My two favorite points of the night: Undertaker's reaction to Wyatt kicking out when replayed in slow motion and Lesnar's face when Reigns kneed him hard in the side of the head through the ropes in slow motion on the replay.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2015-03-30 at 09:55 PM.

It was Vince's decision at the last minute to end the streak. He said Taker is trying to give back to the company.

I loved triple h's and Sting's match. Including the NWO and dx in it. though I wish there would've been more of a brawl between them during the match. Would've been great to see an all out brawl during the match between dx and nwo
    Last edited by the game; 2015-03-30 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suplex City, Bitch!

That was an epic line right there lol

- - - Updated - - -

The whole Rusev angle annoys me for longer already..
    It makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Only helps to keep idiots remain to be idiots..
    Rusev, the Bulgarian...
    Bulgaria is a fucking NATO country.
    That US vs Russia plot is like 20 yrs too late. It was fun when Sgt Slaughter was still around, and Hacksaw.

But then again, well he had a freaking tank, yeah lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    First... Suplex City, Bitch! was easily the line of the night. I loved it
    What made it so epic was, that it was genuine...That was off the scripts, and certainly not meant to be caught by the cam/mics.

Yes, Brock's injury was legit. He really busted it open.
    I also had the impression how he was not amused that Reigns scratched him on the cheek. It felt like he really cranked it up a notch right there.
    Lesnar needs to be a face, I agree... Being a part timer, the heel role is not nearly as effective.
    He's gotta show up unexpectedly here and there, to save the day.
    Rollins is a good heel, yep. Orton not.

Am I the only one that's sick of the rock showing up at pay per views in an attempt to make himself still relevent in the WWE? Maybe that's the Stone cold fan inside me talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Am I the only one that's sick of the rock showing up at pay per views in an attempt to make himself still relevent in the WWE? Maybe that's the Stone cold fan inside me talking.
    The Rock is heavily rumored to wrestle, possibly even headline next Wrestlemania.
    He's still a part of the company, and for him showing up yesterday was actually kinda cool. He even had to jump from coast to coast, since he hosted SNL in NY the night before. But, gotta do what you gotta do, to kinda boost your newest movie too.
    I did like the segment with Ronda Rousey. Was not shabby. And there's no one on the regular roster that can hand Tripe-H his ass back spontaneously.
    But I understand your frustration because of Stone Cold. I like em both actually, and was disappointed to not see Austin.
    Rumor has it that he was definitely planned to be there, but he might not have liked the story they had in store for him, hence why he decided to stay at home instead.