Poll: Was it justified?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Our progression team has gone through plenty of healers. We seem to be plagued by the type that do okay on the charts, but are "too tired" by the end of the raid night to properly pay attention to boss mechanics, or don't seem to hear something the first time it's said (i.e. "Wait, we're doing heroic Domo tonight?" when it was mentioned several times before). Perhaps your problem isn't that you were on the bottom of the charts, but that you had a similar issue to the healers we've fired.

For the record though, we don't g-kick people. We just let them know they're not on the core team any more... they choose to stay or leave on their own (so far, nobody has stayed).
    Last edited by ziwcam; 2011-10-17 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like they really need to re-think their recruiting practices to be honest, the leadership seems to be a little unsure of themselves, I mean come on, they kicked you for what they said was under performing on your part whereas on the other hand progression has been what seems at a snails pace at best.... better off being a little more social or at least better organized.

Just out of interest, how often does something like this happen in general?
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what kind of guild you are really.
    If you'r hoping to push server firsts each patch, then yeh i'd only allow the best players in my raid team, as well as optimising class buffs etc.
    If it's a social normal-mode guild, looking for fun and epix rather than uber-progression, then i'd keep my buddies around, regardless of skill.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveMacSuperSmash View Post
    I was part of a 25 man raiding team. I was one of two resto shamans. I was also the lowest performing healer in each fight (not by a lot, but I was almost always the bottom rank). I was kicked out of the guild and replaced by a resto druid (only raiders can be in the guild). We had no other resto druid, and he does perform better than anyone else in the guild. Was this justified? Is it really worth sacrificing a member of 9 months to get someone a bit better?
    We only have halve the story here really hard to judge it, I mean yes a shaman puts out less then a resto druid, but healing is not about HPS but about who you heal, if your doing those last second heals on the guy that was about to die, cause the high hps people are just spamming aoe stuff, then yes it was unjustified, but that is only if that is the case.

Other then that halve the story I just that, not something we should be judging on

10+ Year Old Account
    Question is how long would you have stayed with the guild after no longer being part of the raid team?
    Personally I don't think it was justified (unless your guild kicks all non-raiders), but I do think they just skipped the middle man. Instead of removing you from the raid team and waiting for you to join a new guild to raid they just kicked you.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-10-17 at 04:52 PM. Reason: spelling

shamans have problems, but not enough to hold back progression at this stage of the game. Wonder what will happen after druids get nerfed and shamans get buffed next patch? Will they sit the druid if he isn't high on the healing meters anymore in favor of you going back resto? This is why Guilds should value actual skill and dedication rather then the e-peen meters and who is the best at doing X at the moment, things change form patch to patch, the one constant is the players.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It may not seem like the correct thing to do but if you're underperforming and they're pushing for more than yeah either being benched or cut was bound to happen. It's rare to have more than 1 resto shammy in a raid although our top alliance guild on our server at the tail end of Wrath had 4 geared resto shammies. Sounds like you can come back as Ele and that would be a good place to get back to raiding.

Depends on your guild tbh. For my guild yes that is pretty much how it would have went down. If you underperform then you are given notification and told to improve. If you don't improve then you are removed and replaced. Pretty simple and clear cut. We play together to raid, it's what we all love to do and we like to keep a very tight nit group of people that you can trust will ALWAYS do their job right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

I am really curious, with all the "I was kicked from the guild but don't know why" threads, why do you bother?
    I've been in many guilds in the last years, from a top 100 guild to a "perhaps sundays is someone on" guild, but never ever there was the danger of being booted from the guild. I will be in TS/vent with them, I attended several guild meetings throughout the years, and made friends all across europe. If someone else outperformed me - because I lack the skill, the gear, or play the wrong class (mages dancing with paladins in front of swp say hello) - I was simply exchanged for the other if it was necessary, or rotated with someone from my class. If someone really continued to fail (after he passed trial), he would simply be put on inactive in the guild, but never booted.

So I am really curious, why do you care about such a guild? I would unterstand if you were kicked some weeks after you join and you underperform, but after nine months? Didn't you make any friends there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedexkilla View Post
    It may not seem like the correct thing to do but if you're underperforming and they're pushing for more than yeah either being benched or cut was bound to happen. It's rare to have more than 1 resto shammy in a raid although our top alliance guild on our server at the tail end of Wrath had 4 geared resto shammies. Sounds like you can come back as Ele and that would be a good place to get back to raiding.
    That's because during Wrath all we were doing was Chain Healing to victory. We were immensely superior raid healers in WotLK. So far in this expansion there is too much movement and barely any grouping up, which is the only time we are better than any other healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love guilds that kick soley based one meters. There is no way to justify a kick like that since if you just kick the last player on the list, that just places another person in last. Someone HAS to be last. If I get their logic let's just kick our entire guild cause you can't be the worst out of 25.

Deleted
    It sucks but I can see the reasoning behind it.

Guilds can be for any purpose. Most guilds keep friends in them that aren't raiders. If your guild kicked you because you're not good enough to raid, they probably aren't your friends.

They probably feel you're annoying, like the kind of kid that starts making forum posts about being kicked from a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will always be someone at the top of each type of chart, and someone at the bottom. Obviously. Someone has to be the lowest. But if you kick everyone who is lowest, all you do is promote a large amount of turnover where you bring in new people that no one knows and hasn't worked with before.

Unless you're outright preventing progression on fights in a reasonable time period, I'd say no, it wasn't justified.

There will always be someone at the bottom of the charts, so there's always an option to trade up. I can see the group wanting to find a resto druid if they didn't have one, but doesn't your raid team need alternates and subs? Were you offered a spot like that? Also, if they booted you once, why would you go back?

Quote Originally Posted by Rvlzr View Post
    Yes, replacing the bottom dps or heal with someone who performs better than anyone else in the guild will almost always be a good thing.
    That could start a vicious unending cycle.
    Someone will ALWAYS be on the bottom, and if you keep replacing the bottom, you'll never have a feeling of commitment, since anyone could be replaced at any time with someone 'better'.

Besides, 'bottom' doesn't always mean 'bad'. What if the difference between the bottom and top dps is only 1k? Top DPS doing 25k, bottom doing 24k. Is 24k bad?

It sounds like you knew what you were getting into. A guild that is composed only of raiding toons means that if they get someone who can outperform you, you probably know what's coming. If you don't mind that risk, by all means, go back. This sort of guild isn't one I would choose to be a part of, but that's just me.

We did the same to our shaman (and replaced w/ a resto druid too!)... Felt dirty but it had to be done. However, our shaman wasn't only the lowest on meters (shamans are arguably the weakest healer atm), but also stood in fire/lacked situational awareness/took forever to rez/always on facebook/etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really depends. As someone said before it'd be easier to see meters, but did the guild ever have any times where they tried to help you? Did they ever try to give you tips or hints?

One of the guilds I was in had a TERRIBLE couple in it. It was a Boomkin Elemental shaman couple. They were both really nice, but neither of them could perform at any real level. They'd be able to sit down at a dummy and go through a rotation properly, but stick them in a raid and they would fall apart in no time at all. They couldn't as the boomkin would put it "Chew and walk". Our GM tried for many many months to help them, he spoonfed them as much information as he could get his hands on, but to no prevail. They both did abysmally, always. After many months it was explained that they had caused many many lost hours and hindered progression and that while we appreciated their time, we were looking to replace them.

If the situation was similar for you, I suppose it was justified, however if they kicked you for underperforming without much being said, that's kind of out there.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I'm reserving judgement until I know if this guy has been standing in the fire, not healing right, or being a bigger hindrance because of real life issues or something.