Thread: EasyMode Salty

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

EasyMode Salty

So i decided to take up fishing on this toon at the start of the month. I got my first fishing achieve(for fishing out of a pool) on 10/1/11. I immediatly started on Salty. Knocked out all the easy ones, and started working on Coinmaster to level my fishing. eventaully i had 4 left to salty. The 3 hard ones. Pinchy, The one that didn't get away, and Master Angler. and Old man Barlo. I started with pinchy as doing research that one was fairly hard. It took me about 2-3 hours and got it on the first wish. So then I decided after reading to go after the dark Herring for the one that didn't get away. Since i could also get a sweet sea turtle. 2600 casts later, no Dark Herring. Weekend roll'd around and had a couple friends help me win both Fishing tourneys. Didn't feel like going back to northrend to fish, so i went to mulgore and 150 casts i pulled up the 15 pound mud snapper. So now i just need Barlo to give me the last daily and i'm Salty.

Figured i'd share my endeavor... Also i caught old ironjaw as horde in the last two weeks as well.

You sir, are a very lucky man. I've gone like 3k+ casts trying to get Pinchy

Good work! But just so you know, Pinchy gives the achievement on the first wish every time, he was changed a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
    Good work! But just so you know, Pinchy gives the achievement on the first wish every time, he was changed a few years back.
    Funny, I got pinchy 18/02/11, and it was on my 3rd. Guildee got it a few months later on his 3rd....

I got Pinchy on my 3rd pool fishing in Terrokar and on the 2nd wish, I have all the achievements but The One That Didn't Get Away, I've nearly given up because of it.
    Last edited by Voltan; 2011-10-17 at 11:26 PM.

I found Pinchy and The One That Didn't Get Away easy to get, but winning the fishing tournaments are still a problem for me. I guess if I could find some friends to help me it would be easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, none of the achievements for Salty are really "hard," just time consuming.

"Friends helping me win both fishing tourneys" is not a valid argument on PvE realms. And doing that on PvP realms; it´s called being a douche.

I got salty this weekend, I wanted it to be something I had to work on when I needed to blow time when I was bored. I ended up doing all the coins + dark herring + pinchy in under 4 hours total.

So much for something to do when I'm bored.

Deleted
    You are a extremly lucky man my friend! I myself had some luck just today, got The sewer rat from Dalaran from my absolut first cast : D

I tried Pinchy for a couple of hours, gave up. I doubt I'd win Master Angler, unless not that many people doing it... So I've pretty much resigned myself to never getting "the Salty" title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
    "Friends helping me win both fishing tourneys" is not a valid argument on PvE realms. And doing that on PvP realms; it´s called being a douche.
    Pretty sure it's standard procedure, but when I've helped friends win, I've hardly ever killed any alliance. The extra people mostly scout for pools.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Mine ended up being part intense grind, part dumb luck. Let ol' Salty Dblbaconator regale you with a tale...

I started playing WoW April of last year. My friend had been trying to get me to play for months and years before, but I never really wanted to. Eventually I gave the trial a spin, found I liked it, and started subscribing.

Said friend earned the Salty title after a long grind, just so he could be Salty Scrambledegg. Kings of wit, we were. So naturally, I wanted to do the same (the reason I chose my name was for pretty much that reason; recently been considering changing to Baconhoof, it has more of a ring to it). After he ported me to Dalaran so I could set my hearth there, I began working on The Coin Master, spending the better part of three days and a lack of sleep trying to get it. To add to the achievement madness, I also managed to get Higher Learning while I was there; a level 40 with the Kirin Tor familiar certainly turned heads! Managed to become a grand master fisherman in that time, and easily fished over a thousand things.

Finished up all of the other easy ones soon after, and then I was left with just three, and of course they're the tough three. December of last year on one Sunday afternoon, I decided to try my hand at the Stranglethorn Fishing Contest. Luck was on my side that day, as I snagged the victory (despite an ally trying to prevent me from making it there; the guards dealt swiftly with him though!) and a shiny new Arcanite Fishing Pole. I had no fishing line for it though, so I spent the rest of the contest trying to fish up a Dezian Queenfish I could trade in. Unfortunately, I didn't get it in the two hours of fishing I had. However, as the contest wound down, and I fished up my last pool of Tastyfish, what manages to fly in my bag on the last cast but the Rockhide Strongfish! The rare fish achievement was mine as well!

Only four days later, while I was doing my Org fishing daily, I got Old Crafty to boot! Not for the meta of course, but still, another rare was mine! I felt pretty lucky, but knew that RNG probably wouldn't be in my favor if I tried to get Mr. Pinchy. General laziness sidetracked me until a few months later.

I think I was flying to Auchindoun to try for the Raven Lord, when I remembered that that was the last achievement I needed. So I flew around Terokkar for a while, fishing up several Highland Mixed Schools along the way, when that magical crawdad was on the end of my hook! I made a wish, and sure enough, the pet and the title were mine!

'course, there's still quite a bit I haven't done yet. Old Ironjaw is proving elusive, and I haven't tried for the Giant Sewer Rat yet. The Sea Turtle is nowhere to be seen as well. But that's how RNG is!

Grats to ya, OP, and to everyone else who's tackled this feat.

Deleted
    I remember when I did this meta, I was home sick from school and bored so I decided to do some achivements. Found the Salty meta-achivement and started with fishing pools when i later on came to pinchy. Went to terokkar forest and got it on the 7th cast so I didn't think it was a hard achivement by that time.

A few weeks later I started trying out for the fishing contest and suddenly during the BB contest I got one of the rare fishes. Next week I won the Kalu'ak fishing contest.

But I don't got that account left so when I'm starting wow again I'm gonna go for Salty again I think.

Deleted
    Tourney is all i need now and iv needed it for a while...im just never up on time for either of them! lololol

Im a salty myself, and had really lots of luck myself. Won fishing tor when i was around 150 fhising and i hadnt really started doing salty jet, and Mr. Pinchy came to me after my 3 cast. I was abit lucky on one that didnt get away as i caught dark herring after around 1k casts. Got my seaturtle a day after i got my salty title

Deleted
    i got pinchy at the second cast first wish. still need to do some others and win a fishing contest only i am hated with goblins so can only do the northend one but every week i say must do fishing contest! but as usal when its saturday i forgot the time >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    I tried Pinchy for a couple of hours, gave up. I doubt I'd win Master Angler, unless not that many people doing it... So I've pretty much resigned myself to never getting "the Salty" title.
    Yeah, me too.

And it's even cooler in Russian version - it translates back to Sea Devil.