UPDATE - The shard of domination set bonus nerfs have been reverted, however the changes might be implemented again later with the next weekly resets.

Patch 9.1 - Domination Shard Set Bonus Nerfs
According to multiple sources around the internet, it seems as if the set bonuses provided from Domination Shards have been heavily nerfed across the board. This is apparently already live in EU and we will update with hotfixes when we know more.


Blizzard Employees Stage Wednesday Walk Out
Blizzard employees have staged a walk out for tomorrow to protest the insulting response from company leadership regarding the recent lawsuit. You can read more about it by checking out the Polygon article below!


This article was originally published in forum thread: Domination Socket Set Bonus Nerfs, Blizzard Employees Stage Walk Out started by Stoy View original post
Comments 81 Comments
  1. Zka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonch View Post
    There's a little thing stopping you called unemployment.
    Noone have ever quit and found a better job before dying of hunger, that is the sad reality, right?
  1. agentsi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that seems rather counterproductive if the point is to garner sympathy lol. what is the issue here?

    If their only point was to gain sympathy, the fuck off with whatever they are trying to do. That is stupid as fuck, and bullshit.

    But if their point is to gain actual change within the company and its structure to eliminate the issues they're complaining about? Then waiting around and planning a get-together isn't going to work. Why? It gives Blizzard time to play too, and "pretend" to fix whatever the issue was. Which is exactly what they're doing.

    Walking out, in mass, right away, gets your point across in a bigger and more meaningful way to where your issue might actually get addressed. But now? They aren't going to do shit. And these cry babies get one day of PTO. And Blizzard saves face. Fucking morons.
  1. Yakut's Avatar
    This thread deviated from the topic by the second post and the deviation is wildly irrelvant to Sanctum of Domination shard bonuses. Yes, the deviation would be fine in another thread devoted to it.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    unionize, for god sakes unionize.
    Unions are just as corrupt and greedy as anyone. Not the magic bullet people think it is.
  1. uuuhname's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Unions are just as corrupt and greedy as anyone. Not the magic bullet people think it is.
    no the utter destruction of the AAA games industry would be that magic bullet. unions at least by their nature are more democratic.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonch View Post
    There's a little thing stopping you called unemployment.
    You do know that you can get more money on unemployment right now than working an actual job right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    no the utter destruction of the AAA games industry would be that magic bullet. unions at least by their nature are more democratic.
    In a non existent uptopia, sure. In reality, unions are nowhere near that.
  1. Gorsameth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Unions are just as corrupt and greedy as anyone. Not the magic bullet people think it is.
    Unions work just fine throughout the world.
    America however has not yet grasps the concept of 'making constant demands of the company that employs us and protecting the rotten apples within our midst is not actually of long term benefit as an employee'.

    Maybe someday they will learn.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    This thread deviated from the topic by the second post and the deviation is wildly irrelvant to Sanctum of Domination shard bonuses. Yes, the deviation would be fine in another thread devoted to it.
    Umm you are aware the thread also has a release about the walk out right? So it is very much ion topic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Unions work just fine throughout the world.
    America however has not yet grasps the concept of 'making constant demands of the company that employs us and protecting the rotten apples within our midst is not actually of long term benefit as an employee'.

    Maybe someday they will learn.
    Trust me they have already learned that. They just don't care because they are only out for themselves. Because screwing someone is over is fine as long as you aren't the one being screwed over.
  1. Gasper's Avatar
    JAB inherited problems from before his time. I doubt a lot of this is any fault of his own. He likely could have done more, and could be doing more, but regarding the current lawsuit, many could have done something to help put an end to it.

    While Kotec is a piece of shit, I can't really agree that the current state of the game is his fault. Sure there may be some blame to be had from up top with pressure for content to get pushed out the door, but the team and developers that actively work on the game think these are good ideas and see us as the opposition. Cutting off the heads of this monster are just gonna sprout more in their place.

    The change that needs to happen for wow to be what a lot of us want it to be... simply isn't going to happen.
  1. Saltysquidoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    This thread deviated from the topic by the second post and the deviation is wildly irrelvant to Sanctum of Domination shard bonuses. Yes, the deviation would be fine in another thread devoted to it.
    Did you not read the second half of the OP?
  1. uuuhname's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

    In a non existent uptopia, sure. In reality, unions are nowhere near that.
    unions are by their nature democratic so I have no idea where you get this idea that utopia's factor into this.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    unions are by their nature democratic so I have no idea where you get this idea that utopia's factor into this.
    Not in the US which is where this hols current relevance. In this country that is a non existent utopia. IN the US unions are nothing more than "people who want to screw over the corporations before the corporations screw over them".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    JAB inherited problems from before his time. I doubt a lot of this is any fault of his own. He likely could have done more, and could be doing more, but regarding the current lawsuit, many could have done something to help put an end to it.

    While Kotec is a piece of shit, I can't really agree that the current state of the game is his fault. Sure there may be some blame to be had from up top with pressure for content to get pushed out the door, but the team and developers that actively work on the game think these are good ideas and see us as the opposition. Cutting off the heads of this monster are just gonna sprout more in their place.

    The change that needs to happen for wow to be what a lot of us want it to be... simply isn't going to happen.
    You forget your biggest problem. There are people playing the game who don't agree with how you want WoW to be. You will never get 100% agreement no matter who is in charge of development. What you think is the right way other think is the wrong way.
  1. uuuhname's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not in the US which is where this hols current relevance. In this country that is a non existent utopia. IN the US unions are nothing more than "people who want to screw over the corporations before the corporations screw over them".
    I fail to see the problem with that.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I fail to see the problem with that.
    You fail to see your hypocrisy? Basically what you are saying is that it is perfectly OK to screw someone over as long as it isn't you who is being screwed over. Nobody should be screwing anyone over. Your mentality is a huge part of the problem.
  1. uuuhname's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You fail to see your hypocrisy? Basically what you are saying is that it is perfectly OK to screw someone over as long as it isn't you who is being screwed over. Nobody should be screwing anyone over. Your mentality is a huge part of the problem.
    I fail to see you making the case that unions exist to do that all while still wanting to work with the corporations they apparently want to destroy.
  1. rrayy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I fail to see you making the case that unions exist to do that all while still wanting to work with the corporations they apparently want to destroy.
    Because in the US they don't. everyone looks out for themselves and nobody else. Greed influences EVERYTHING. I also fail to see you admit to your hypocrisy and how your attitude massively contributes to the problem.
  1. uuuhname's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because in the US they don't. everyone looks out for themselves and nobody else. Greed influences EVERYTHING. I also fail to see you admit to your hypocrisy and how your attitude massively contributes to the problem.
    it's not hypocrisy when I don't think corporations as they exist now, should exist. and that's just projection dude, that's you projecting what you think of other people onto them, it's not convincing of anything.
  1. Soon-TM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    are they calling it a walkout because if they used the word strike they are afraid they would get fired immediately?
    Maybe also because Trade Prince Kotick has brought forth a company best known for its rabid anti-unions stance, which was clearly, conclusively shown when the Amazon workers tried to unionize.
  1. Alexeht's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    If your unhappy with your employer theres nothing stopping them to find a better work place that will treat them properly
    you are a part of the problem
  1. ShadowyFanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Man, I hadn't had such a good laugh for quite some time. It's almost an anthology of mysogynist tropes, copypasted one after the other. Putting Texas as an example of... whatever just told me anything I needed to know, if there was any doubt.
    Responding to criticism and performative behavior that means nothing doesn't make me a misogynist, but frankly that is the sort of simp like behavior that someone invested in pretending to care in order to prey on vulnerable people would say. So you know. Enjoy being so far to the left you think everyone is Hitler. You'll be right all the time AND you'll have tons of high quality, not insanely bigoted friends!

Site Navigation