Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Now Live on the PTR
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Bring down Illidan Stormrage’s lieutenants in the upcoming patch, Overlords of Outland! Starting now, you’ll be able to test all the patch has to offer on the PTR. Simply copy your character over and explore what awaits before the patch goes out later this year.

Serpentshrine Cavern

Slay the twisted Lady Vashj and her vicious fiends in her watery lair—Serpentshrine Cavern.

Raid bosses: 6
Level: 70
Location:Coilfang Reservoir, Zangramarsh

The Eye

Infiltrate the heart of a crystalline fortress to end the madness of the corrupted Kael’thas Sunstrider and his warped loyalists.

Raid bosses: 4
Level: 70
Location:Tempest Keep, Netherstorm

Arena Season 2

Brutalize your faction’s enemies on the battlefield with the advent of Arena Season 2! Victorious players will earn Arena Points to exchange for better gear so they can fight against other similar-skilled opponents.

Ogri’la and Sha’tari Skyguard Daily Content

Make new allies in Outland with the Ogri’la and Shatari Skyguard factions. Complete daily quests to earn these factions’ favor and in turn receive lucrative rewards.

Guild Banks

Share raid and dungeons spoils amongst your guildmates with the Guild Bank! This in-game storage allows guild members to withdraw and deposit items and currency, making it easier to determine at glance what consumables you have available (or need to make!) for your next group activity.

Group Browser Tool

Find like-minded players and make new friends with the Group Browser Tool. Simply list your class and specialization so group leaders on your realm can invite you to their party or raid.

All of this content is now live on the PTR so you can explore first-hand what awaits you in Overlords of Outland.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Now Live on the PTR started by Lumy View original post
Comments 62 Comments
  1. anon5123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    The faster you rush phases
    it's funny because T5 was released at launch back in 2007

    now it's being released ~3 months after launch and people are still crying and bitching that it's being "rushed"

    fucking lol

    Nobody is going to sit and farm T4 raids for 5 months.
  1. Video Games's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    People who play Classic and TBC don't really care about FF14. Actually FF14 is very different game and its not for everyone. Specially for people who don't like anime bullshit and playing as little girls... So yeah. Try again.
    Yeah! Wow doesnt have little gi-


    Ohh....
  1. Very rare pepe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    You think it caters to yours more? The faster you rush phases, the faster you end up being stuck in P6 w/ nothing to do until they, maybe, release wotlk classic. A 4-5 months phases cycle makes sense, putting the possible wotlk classic release in ~2-2½years from now. If you push phases every 2-3 months, then you're down in 10months-1½year which is too fast a schedule if w/e is coming after won't be ready for another year.
    5 months for T4? such a really bad take. 3 months is good, TBC is already becoming a ghost town thanks to boosts and lack of content.
  1. Mr. Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah! Wow doesnt have little gi-

    Ohh....
    WoW also doesn't have anime bullsh-

    Whoops...
  1. exsanguinate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    LOL,you think 10% of the wow playerbase clear mythic day 1? no...it literaly is around the 0.001% mark
    we are talking tbc dude
  1. Video Games's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    WoW also doesn't have anime bullsh-

    Whoops...
    People forget we just killed a giant tentacle monster with a spirit bomb
  1. VanishO2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    and the top 0.0001% of players clearing the content in week 1 affects you how?
    By making Blizzard rush things out to keep the feeling of "It's not over yet!" going.

    Blizzard works with metrics nowadays. If your game is over by day one, the playerbase gets the feeling of "it's over" and that impacts people not logging back after a few days.

    TBC will be over before the end of the year probably.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Agreed, T5 doesn't invalidate T4, this isn't retail. My guild will be farming T4 still whilst clearing T5.
    And it definitely isn't too soon, even my average raiding guild now DE's 99% of Kara loot and only a few upgrades for specific classes DST/Magus blade come to mind are still needed.
    It will, don't forget the badge gear. It did back then (when even certain things available now weren't available back then). To the point that they added the badges as drops on T4 raids to make people go back to do it (and ended up creating the problem where people would only do Karazhan forever because it was the best badge/time ratio available).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    People who play Classic and TBC don't really care about FF14. Actually FF14 is very different game and its not for everyone. Specially for people who don't like anime bullshit and playing as little girls... So yeah. Try again.
    Don't speak for others when you have the biggest wow streamer (and classic enthusiast) actually playing FF14.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    They should have been in right from the start. At first it was difficult to transition between the 40 and 25 player and players were pissed if the were not in the "A" group, but for weeks now we have to fill our 25 player raids with randoms as so many players already stopped playing BC because there was a lack of max raid size content.

    I am not sure how many of them are going to come back when this hits live, and I fear this is the end of our guild that made it quite well through classic.

    Imho it was a stupid decision to not have them in right from the start, while it would have diminshed the impact of Karazhan on mains, it would (and will throughout BC) still be a good gearing option for alts.
    Most people left because Blizzard lost the momentum by rushing things and a few other things (like the short pre-patch or not fixing the initial player experience with plenty of players rushing to 70 from dungeons, then flooding the initial areas to farm gold making it terrible for anyone to level after day one). Nothing to do with max raid size content.

    Short pre-patch, easy to rush/clear content, people shunning "non-rushers" (or boosted/"non-naxx geared" players) out of their groups/guilds and 9.1 right after it. Now that 9.1 is slowing down and people could actually get back to TBCC and try to finish their stuff and catch up, they're rushing the next phase without needing to do it.

    Most people will only be back for a WotLK classic launch (or the classic+ diablo season style) and probably leave again because of the same mistakes from Blizzard.
  1. deenman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    we are talking tbc dude
    follow the replys again,there was the distinction made of retail and tbc,i replied to the retail part
  1. Very rare pepe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    It will, don't forget the badge gear. It did back then (when even certain things available now weren't available back then). To the point that they added the badges as drops on T4 raids to make people go back to do it (and ended up creating the problem where people would only do Karazhan forever because it was the best badge/time ratio available).
    T4 25 mans will take 30mins and you get many BIS items in T5 still from those bosses, T4 will still be killed by most guilds. You are wrong here. Kara maybe will be passed over, but Gruul and Maggy? Nah.
  1. exsanguinate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    follow the replys again,there was the distinction made of retail and tbc,i replied to the retail part
    y my bad then
  1. enzi's Avatar
    I'm skipping BC after the debacle of paid classic character transfers. I have no-lifed that shit anyway back then.

    How is it doing? Is it as alive as Classic was?
  1. Kaito92's Avatar
    So is blizzard ever gonna start hiring Q&A tester or is it still to small?
  1. un_known's Avatar
    Anyone on the ptr that can confirm if T4 content (specifically maul’gar, gruul and magtheridon) drops more tier tokens?
  1. wide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    People forget we just killed a giant tentacle monster with a spirit bomb
    What? What boss is that?
  1. twothe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    TBC is already becoming a ghost town thanks to boosts and lack of content.
    Shattrath is lagging every weekend because of way too many players online. A literal ghost town!

    And on the item: my tank is still wearing mostly blue, despite me being present in raid every week, because the items simply did not drop yet. If Blizz would release SSC/TK in a few weeks, it is likely that I can not tank that, because of my bad gear state. Many players are in the same situation, therefore it would be a bad move to release SSC/TK so soon.
  1. Kralljin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    WoW also doesn't have anime bullsh-
    Linking Shadowlands cinematics in response to a post solely about Classic / TBC seems a tad bit stupid.
  1. Mr. Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Linking Shadowlands cinematics in response to a post solely about Classic / TBC seems a tad bit stupid.
    Fair enough, rude though.
  1. matheney2k's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Well... i really hope it is a bug...
    they removed the ability to /spit on others, it's not a bug have you not seen the front page of MMO-C in recent days? There is a big stink about it.
  1. Mendzia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    they removed the ability to /spit on others, it's not a bug have you not seen the front page of MMO-C in recent days? There is a big stink about it.
    My response was like 2 days before this info was on front page fyi.
  1. matheney2k's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    My response was like 2 days before this info was on front page fyi.
    Well then color me stupid and move on :P

Site Navigation